Home Care

Home Care Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
took care of relative
Caregiver to Sick Relative (Former Employee), Miramichi, NBMay 5, 2015
no pay was involved in this job just didn't want to see a family member have to spend there final days in a hospital they were a great bunch of people to work for
Was available to be there for my children when needed, provided a stable upbringing for them until it was time for them to begin school
Stay at home mom (Current Employee), Langley, BCApril 24, 2015
Pros: Watched my children grow up
Cons: Long long hours and no sick days
Always interesting, never the same thing, learned so many things. From self management, first aid, cooking, time management, etc..too many thing to list, but one of the most rewarding jobs I have and continue to have.
Productive work place
Worked with family, helping out with elders (Former Employee), Sydney, NSApril 21, 2015
Pros: Happy place to be
I only worked with elders a couple times, I myself would not consider it a job. More of a volunteer experience.

While I was there helping out, I would do all kinds of different things, but at most I would just be watching and taking care of the elders. Keeping them busy with random activities, conversation, and walks.
Love Talking to people
Personal support worker & housekeeping (Former Employee), Hamilton, ONMarch 25, 2015
Pros: free lunch
Cons: long hours specially nights
Multiple tasking client care & house keeping
New recipes while cooking and building relationship
Managing schedules and payrolls with customer
Working in teams & health working environment
giving client bath
personal care and working on instruction from patient
good
Home Support Worker (Former Employee), BrandonFebruary 17, 2015
Pros: people
Cons: shift work
have had a good expieriance.Would recomend this line of work. Will continue work in this field. Would recommend for friends and family.
always a challenge
Care taker (Current Employee), Kitchener, ONDecember 27, 2014
It is very hard to see one's parents digress and how hard they find it as well.
i love being at a desk job and helping people.
Summer Student, Receptionist (Former Employee), Saddle Lake, ABOctober 28, 2014
Pros: love helping peolpe.
It was just a summer job while I was attending high school. and it was I wanted to do. this is why im at CDI college getting my business admiration professional.
i loved working for her
medical assistant (Former Employee), Montréal, QCAugust 21, 2014
Pros: great hours, great person to work for, good pay
Cons: scary to travel in ice storms but job has to be done.
she was a wonderful woman to work for, i ended up going into french classes.
"Fun and interesting because everyday is a new day."
Caregiver for Children (Current Employee), Toronto, ONJune 25, 2014
Pros: i enjoy working with kids.
Learning that people 's individual differences. Fun and exciting everyday, time so fast in the job place.
Very rewarding experience.
Personal Assistant (Former Employee), Client residenceApril 26, 2014
Pros: making new acquaintances and helping someone return to their own independent lifestyle.
Cons: there really is not any.
Assisting and caring for people is a rewarding position with lots of responsibility but it is something I enjoy.

The hardest part of the job is watching someone suffer in pain and not be able to do anything to help.
Personally rewarding
Caregiver (Former Employee), Ingersoll, ONApril 21, 2014
Pros: making people happy
Cons: watching people become more ill
this job was a always hard and a constant need for flexibility but very rewarding in everyway
Caring environment
Health Care Advocate (Current Employee), Abbotsford, BCMarch 27, 2014
Pros: wonderful environment
Cons: frustrating medical system
I spent a lot of time caring for my client. I worked hard to ensure she was well taken care of, and that the proper medical professionals were taking action for her diabetes and wound care. The most difficult part of the job was that I started off with little to no knowledge of our health care system.

While working through some of the challenges, it became very apparent that there were many elderly individuals that were "slipping through the cracks". My client was at risk for foot amputation and was heavily medicated. I made it my personal mission to make sure that did not happen, and that her medications could be reduced to allow her to enjoy life, once again.

I have a great relationship with my client, and I am thankful for the opportunity to work with her.
challenging and enjoyable working with the residence learning rhier italian word.
Personal Support Worker (Former Employee), toronto,ontarioFebruary 11, 2014
Pros: free snacks
Cons: free lunches, coffee
During my placement at villa Colombo it was a enjoyable moment for me and its also a learning process which I can be proud to have a great experience dealing with a lot of challenging behavior to the residence having Alzheimer and dementia. with this experience I learn how to handle a pressured job having 5 residence to help them for their daily day activities and routine. My advisor is a great person and teach me a lot that I will applied it to my job in the future. I learn how to be independent and to be safe in the workplace. In the workplace we help and give hand to our co worker if they needed help and that we treated professionally to each other and we have a safe and happy environment.
Nice working environment
Registered Nurse (Current Employee), Lethbridge, ABJanuary 30, 2014
A typical day of work is home visits to clients. I have learned about chronic disease management, palliative care, home care nurse hands-on skills and placement clients to age care facilities. Management and co-workers are supportive. Most enjoyable part of job is creating therapeutic relationships with clients.
Productive & fun
Lead children in activities by telling stories (Current Employee), Markham, ONDecember 1, 2013
A typical day of work was always pleasant I am a great team player, I learned a lot on how to do things that I found new and never knew about. The management where very friendly and understanding on every level of how to treat an employee and how to run a company. The coworkers were always there to help with what I need, we communicated and moved as one team, so no person felt like they were left out. The hardest part about the job was working a 8hr shift with just one break especially when its just standing in one place, but other than that great environment. I can honestly say the most enjoyable part of any jobs for me is making sure that the customer or member is always left feeling like they can come back anytime.
exposed me to the real world of the retirement home
Childcare Provider (Former Employee), Toronto, ONNovember 1, 2013
Pros: free food
Cons: co-workers are bossy
i learned a lot in here, just like the other clients the are solid or minced or in medication and they have thier special menus for them. how to prepare and how to serve this kid oif food the the clients.
\
Home Care/Nursing Home
Personal Support Worker (Former Employee), North York, ONOctober 23, 2013
A typical day at work for me is ensuring quality, competent, safe and passionate care to my clients. I enjoy interacting and making connections with clients, family and the healthcare team.
relaxing and enjoyable
Housekeeping/home care (Former Employee), bridgeville, NSAugust 9, 2013
help her with dressing and meals. do light house keeping. Take her for drives and for walks out side.
self-development and excellent learning experience
Care Aide (Former Employee), vancouverMay 15, 2013
Pros: no pressure
Cons: night shift/lack of rest
my working environment was very conducive for learning. I learned so many things like gastrostomy care, wound dressing, medications especially administering insulin. Communication was the hardest part of my job because my patient can't speak English, as a result I learned a bit of her language. I had a good time working with the family and it was indeed a good opportunity for me to develop my acquired knowledge and skills.
Really nice lady
Caregiver (Former Employee), Toronto, ONMay 11, 2013
I was taking care of a 86 years olld lady.The Lady she had Arzheimer disease.I had a lot a paciente with her,respect,compassion.I involved her in shopping,cooking,baking,movies,walking in park,keeping her brain active watcing movies,reading and having discutions about different books.I was making her hair,pedicure,manicure if she had a bad day,making jokes together.I am having simpathy for old people,earlyer I had clients ,I enjoy to listen them about their life s storyes,sometimes happy or sad storyes they was awsome.
The family they was nice and having a good contact with Lady children.