Home Care

Home Care Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
i love being at a desk job and helping people.
Summer Student, Receptionist (Former Employee), Saddle Lake, ABOctober 28, 2014
Pros: love helping peolpe.
It was just a summer job while I was attending high school. and it was I wanted to do. this is why im at CDI college getting my business admiration professional.
i loved working for her
medical assistant (Former Employee), MontrĂ©al, QCAugust 21, 2014
Pros: great hours, great person to work for, good pay
Cons: scary to travel in ice storms but job has to be done.
she was a wonderful woman to work for, i ended up going into french classes.
"Fun and interesting because everyday is a new day."
Caregiver for Children (Current Employee), Toronto, ONJune 25, 2014
Pros: i enjoy working with kids.
Learning that people 's individual differences. Fun and exciting everyday, time so fast in the job place.
Very rewarding experience.
Personal Assistant (Former Employee), Client residenceApril 26, 2014
Pros: making new acquaintances and helping someone return to their own independent lifestyle.
Cons: there really is not any.
Assisting and caring for people is a rewarding position with lots of responsibility but it is something I enjoy.

The hardest part of the job is watching someone suffer in pain and not be able to do anything to help.
Personally rewarding
Caregiver (Former Employee), Ingersoll, ONApril 21, 2014
Pros: making people happy
Cons: watching people become more ill
this job was a always hard and a constant need for flexibility but very rewarding in everyway
Caring environment
Health Care Advocate (Current Employee), Abbotsford, BCMarch 27, 2014
Pros: wonderful environment
Cons: frustrating medical system
I spent a lot of time caring for my client. I worked hard to ensure she was well taken care of, and that the proper medical professionals were taking action for her diabetes and wound care. The most difficult part of the job was that I started off with little to no knowledge of our health care system.

While working through some of the challenges, it – more... became very apparent that there were many elderly individuals that were "slipping through the cracks". My client was at risk for foot amputation and was heavily medicated. I made it my personal mission to make sure that did not happen, and that her medications could be reduced to allow her to enjoy life, once again.

I have a great relationship with my client, and I am thankful for the opportunity to work with her. – less
challenging and enjoyable working with the residence learning rhier italian word.
Personal Support Worker (Former Employee), toronto,ontarioFebruary 11, 2014
Pros: free snacks
Cons: free lunches, coffee
During my placement at villa Colombo it was a enjoyable moment for me and its also a learning process which I can be proud to have a great experience dealing with a lot of challenging behavior to the residence having Alzheimer and dementia. with this experience I learn how to handle a pressured job having 5 residence to help them for their daily day – more... activities and routine. My advisor is a great person and teach me a lot that I will applied it to my job in the future. I learn how to be independent and to be safe in the workplace. In the workplace we help and give hand to our co worker if they needed help and that we treated professionally to each other and we have a safe and happy environment. – less
Nice working environment
Registered Nurse (Current Employee), Lethbridge, ABJanuary 30, 2014
A typical day of work is home visits to clients. I have learned about chronic disease management, palliative care, home care nurse hands-on skills and placement clients to age care facilities. Management and co-workers are supportive. Most enjoyable part of job is creating therapeutic relationships with clients.
Productive & fun
Lead children in activities by telling stories (Current Employee), Markham, ONDecember 1, 2013
A typical day of work was always pleasant I am a great team player, I learned a lot on how to do things that I found new and never knew about. The management where very friendly and understanding on every level of how to treat an employee and how to run a company. The coworkers were always there to help with what I need, we communicated and moved as – more... one team, so no person felt like they were left out. The hardest part about the job was working a 8hr shift with just one break especially when its just standing in one place, but other than that great environment. I can honestly say the most enjoyable part of any jobs for me is making sure that the customer or member is always left feeling like they can come back anytime. – less
exposed me to the real world of the retirement home
Childcare Provider (Former Employee), Toronto, ONNovember 1, 2013
Pros: free food
Cons: co-workers are bossy
i learned a lot in here, just like the other clients the are solid or minced or in medication and they have thier special menus for them. how to prepare and how to serve this kid oif food the the clients.
\
Home Care/Nursing Home
Personal Support Worker (Former Employee), North York, ONOctober 23, 2013
A typical day at work for me is ensuring quality, competent, safe and passionate care to my clients. I enjoy interacting and making connections with clients, family and the healthcare team.
relaxing and enjoyable
Housekeeping/home care (Former Employee), bridgeville, NSAugust 9, 2013
help her with dressing and meals. do light house keeping. Take her for drives and for walks out side.
self-development and excellent learning experience
Care Aide (Former Employee), vancouverMay 15, 2013
Pros: no pressure
Cons: night shift/lack of rest
my working environment was very conducive for learning. I learned so many things like gastrostomy care, wound dressing, medications especially administering insulin. Communication was the hardest part of my job because my patient can't speak English, as a result I learned a bit of her language. I had a good time working with the family and it was indeed – more... a good opportunity for me to develop my acquired knowledge and skills. – less
Really nice lady
Caregiver (Former Employee), Toronto, ONMay 11, 2013
I was taking care of a 86 years olld lady.The Lady she had Arzheimer disease.I had a lot a paciente with her,respect,compassion.I involved her in shopping,cooking,baking,movies,walking in park,keeping her brain active watcing movies,reading and having discutions about different books.I was making her hair,pedicure,manicure if she had a bad day,making – more... jokes together.I am having simpathy for old people,earlyer I had clients ,I enjoy to listen them about their life s storyes,sometimes happy or sad storyes they was awsome.
The family they was nice and having a good contact with Lady children. – less
Fun and Productive
Taking care of clients needs (Former Employee), Summerford, NLMay 1, 2013
- A typical day at would for me would be going in and dealing with a client that had condition.

- I have learned how to cope with people that have disabilities.

- The management of the company was good on time, but despite the fact that they were hard to keep in contact.

- Loved my co-workers.

- The hardest part of my job was dealing with the clients – more... disabilities.

- The most enjoyable part of my job was doing the work I had to do and working with my co-workers. – less
Home Care- Flexibility
Home Health Aide (Former Employee), Winnipeg, MBApril 20, 2013
Pros: great hours, flexible schedule, independence
Cons: working alone at night.
I was in Nursing school while working as a Health care Aid in the community. I enjoyed this job. I had a list of 30 patients I would see in an evening to do medication reminders, donning stockings, baths, companionship and many other tasks. I learned so much in those years as it was a nice lead in to nursing once I graduated. Home care is a bit more – more... isolated and so you don't have a team to work along side. However my manager was really great and if I had any questions, she was just a phone call away. The hardest part of my job was working at night and being alone in homes in the evening. There were times I didn't always feel safe. But for the most part, many of my clients made me feel very welcomed and safe. This job required on the spot flexibility. I would often get a call from my manager that there was a change of plan with regards to the order of care for the clients. I didn't mind this and actually felt it kept me on my toes, making sure to be efficient in order to complete the tasks at hand. – less
work with a person the push me but always talk with me, they were verying caring
support worker (Former Employee), Corner Brook NlFebruary 21, 2013
Pros: they made me laugh
Cons: never had a day off
Perparing breakfast for my lady i was working with. washing dishes dusting, sweeping, moping, washing clothes, prepare dinner.
I learn to have patients and learn to cook better. My coworker always to lend a helping hand and very undersatnding. Having no time to myself. Always having someone to talk to.
staff are great to work with
Personal Support Worker (Current Employee), Brantford, ONJanuary 28, 2013
Pros: sick pay and benefits
Cons: not enough hours
i love my residents and staff just can"t get enough hours,i enjoy being there for my client sometimes we are the only people they see and if i can make them smile that makes my day.The hardest part of my job is when they all start ringing bells at the same time and i am the only person this is when you prioritize what is most important to do first.
this experience was enjoyable
Caregiver (Former Employee), Mississauga, ONJanuary 11, 2013
My evenings normally consist of transferring the client from the living room to the bed, changing the client preparing light meals and giving medication.
Very Productive workplace
Caregiver (Former Employee), westburn Nursing Home Etobicoke, OntarioJune 15, 2012
Pros: free lunches
Cons: long hours
a typical day at work would be to set up information for day check on the patients see if their getting their medications and eating and makiing sure they all get along. I learned to be patient with these
elderly people. and to be kind. my co-wokers all team players
one for all all for one I like that. I didn;t find my job hard at all I enjoyed every – more... moment of it.The most enjoyable part of my job is talking to the elderly people, some of the stories in their lifetime were amazing, and interesting. We could learn alot from these people. – less

1 2 3 4 5