Home Care Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Home Support Worker (Current Employee), New Westminster, BCNovember 11, 2015
Fun workplace.
Able to grow and develop personally.
Supportive management.
Reliable co-workers.
Enjoyed dealing with the patients and with the family.
great job
Personal Support Worker (Former Employee), Peterborough, ONOctober 27, 2015
great company to work for, friendly and caring staff, willing to help others and offered great training. management easy to talk to and other staff members very helpful when needed.
Palliative care
none (Former Employee), CalgaryOctober 16, 2015
Not an actual job - it was taking care of my sick and dying parents - one with leukaemia and one with kidney and heart problems.
productive and fun loving workplace
Care Provider (Current Employee), Vancouver, BCOctober 10, 2015
I am a person who enjoys working in community for people who are in need. It gives me immense satisfaction and help me to grow as caring individual and provide me various opportunity to explore its resources to make it a better society to live with warm and tender care.
Excellent experience with autonomy mixing hospital care with community focus
Hospital Based Case Coordinator (Current Employee), Seven Oaks Hospital - WinnipegJuly 11, 2015
Pros: Monday to friday work schedule, autonomy in the workplace
Cons: less hours paid per day than regular manitoba Nurses union jobs
Working with a great team of home care coordinators to facilitate a safe discharge from the hospital into the home environment for a wide range of individuals. Working with those individuals and their families with a holistic approach to the health needs of the individual to ensure they can remain in their home for as long as they can. Daily work includes writing reports, reviewing client medical charts, working with other members of the health care team such as physicians, occupational therapists, physiotherapists, pharmacists, other nurses, unit and facility managers etc. Computer usage is essential with knowledge of word programs, specific programs related to home care, outlook email client, utilizing fax machines and printers. The hardest part of the job is trying to navigate through all of the various parts of the health care system and ensure that all the client needs are met in the best way possible, however this is also the most enjoyable part.
Personal Support worker
Personal Support worker (Former Employee), TorontoJune 24, 2015
Pros: my clients, activities, experience, education, travel
Cons: long hours, demanding on the back
a typical day at work for me is taking care of elderly and children with disabilities.
I do all ADL's including meal prep and in anyway I can help my client I do. I enjoy personal support worker job it helps me to help other people. The most enjoyable part of this job is when you have completed everything and accordingly and accurately and you see the smile on your clients face and they just feel so at ease like they have no worries. I love to make the life of people easier. Especially the elderly.
Overwhelming, positive environemnt
Private Caregiver for Mrs. Moscoso (Former Employee), Halifax NSJune 23, 2015
I enjoyed a lot through out the duration of my shifts. it was such a good experienced to be with old folks. I love to spend my whole life to make all my clients happy.
homecare,
homecare (Former Employee), Winnipeg, MBJune 11, 2015
well I worked 12 hours a day 5 days a week with home care it was an easy job cleaning cooking ect. I have learned a lot and want to learn even more the hardest part about my job is when my client was sick that was my hardest time only because I felt bad I couldn't do more then just clean and cook butr the most enjoying part is when my client was in a good mode and smiling my co worker who filled in for me when I called in sick which was just once I had the flu
More experience learned and people met
Personal Support Worker (Former Employee), Brampton and Missassauga ,OnMay 13, 2015
Pros: Free meals
Cons: Bossy family member
A day is the lightest day for me to work and i attended more client if they needed me most, I enjoyed team work because i learned from them too, and i love dealing with different people.The hardest part of my job is that during holidays because of the transportation.I enjoyed most of the time when i am working ,its just of being friendly , extend time when it needs and most of all patience.
took care of relative
Caregiver to Sick Relative (Former Employee), Miramichi, NBMay 5, 2015
no pay was involved in this job just didn't want to see a family member have to spend there final days in a hospital they were a great bunch of people to work for
Was available to be there for my children when needed, provided a stable upbringing for them until it was time for them to begin school
Stay at home mom (Current Employee), Langley, BCApril 24, 2015
Pros: Watched my children grow up
Cons: Long long hours and no sick days
Always interesting, never the same thing, learned so many things. From self management, first aid, cooking, time management, etc..too many thing to list, but one of the most rewarding jobs I have and continue to have.
Productive work place
Worked with family, helping out with elders (Former Employee), Sydney, NSApril 21, 2015
Pros: Happy place to be
I only worked with elders a couple times, I myself would not consider it a job. More of a volunteer experience.

While I was there helping out, I would do all kinds of different things, but at most I would just be watching and taking care of the elders. Keeping them busy with random activities, conversation, and walks.
Love Talking to people
Personal support worker & housekeeping (Former Employee), Hamilton, ONMarch 25, 2015
Pros: free lunch
Cons: long hours specially nights
Multiple tasking client care & house keeping
New recipes while cooking and building relationship
Managing schedules and payrolls with customer
Working in teams & health working environment
giving client bath
personal care and working on instruction from patient
good
Home Support Worker (Former Employee), BrandonFebruary 17, 2015
Pros: people
Cons: shift work
have had a good expieriance.Would recomend this line of work. Will continue work in this field. Would recommend for friends and family.
always a challenge
Care taker (Current Employee), Kitchener, ONDecember 27, 2014
It is very hard to see one's parents digress and how hard they find it as well.
i love being at a desk job and helping people.
Summer Student, Receptionist (Former Employee), Saddle Lake, ABOctober 28, 2014
Pros: love helping peolpe.
It was just a summer job while I was attending high school. and it was I wanted to do. this is why im at CDI college getting my business admiration professional.
i loved working for her
medical assistant (Former Employee), Montréal, QCAugust 21, 2014
Pros: great hours, great person to work for, good pay
Cons: scary to travel in ice storms but job has to be done.
she was a wonderful woman to work for, i ended up going into french classes.
"Fun and interesting because everyday is a new day."
Caregiver for Children (Current Employee), Toronto, ONJune 25, 2014
Pros: i enjoy working with kids.
Learning that people 's individual differences. Fun and exciting everyday, time so fast in the job place.
Very rewarding experience.
Personal Assistant (Former Employee), Client residenceApril 26, 2014
Pros: making new acquaintances and helping someone return to their own independent lifestyle.
Cons: there really is not any.
Assisting and caring for people is a rewarding position with lots of responsibility but it is something I enjoy.

The hardest part of the job is watching someone suffer in pain and not be able to do anything to help.
Personally rewarding
Caregiver (Former Employee), Ingersoll, ONApril 21, 2014
Pros: making people happy
Cons: watching people become more ill
this job was a always hard and a constant need for flexibility but very rewarding in everyway