HOME CARE ASSISTANCE

HOME CARE ASSISTANCE Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
to care for your people
Assisting the patient (Former Employee), Calgary, ABMarch 6, 2014
my job is to make people happy
tro be there when the need me cook food and take care of everythink the need me do
i love to work as team my hardest par is when you loos you person that is haedes part for me because you feel like you be the part of the life
enjoyable part for is when you patient make fan of you or when you have fan sing song and dance – more... i love to be there with them when is good time and bad time – less
TYPICAL DAY EVERYDAY.
Health Care Aide (Current Employee), Vancouver, BCFebruary 4, 2014
WORKING AT HOME CARE ASSISTANCE IS FUN, ENJOYABLE. WORKING AT DIFFERENT FAMILY, WITH DIFFERENT BELIEFS, WANTS AND NEEDS ARE SO MUCH TO LEARN. EVERYDAY IS ALWAYS BRAND NEW. LOTS OF SURPRISES. BUT I LOVE IT, BECAUSE DEALING WITH OTHER PEOPLE I LEARNED A LOT OF THINGS. THAT I CAN SHARE TO MY CURRENT CLIENT WHO HE/SHE MAY BE. AND I GROW AS A PERSON.
AVERAGE
Caregiver (Current Employee), West Vancouver, BCMay 15, 2013
Pros: home care assistance university
Cons: short hours, low pay
OUR COMPANY JUST STARTED ABOUT 3-4 YEARS AGO IF I'M NOT MISTAKEN. THEY ARE PRETTY YOUNG IN THE BUSINESS BUT, THEY HAVE ALREADY BEEN RECOGNIZED AND TRUSTED. THEY DO NOT HAVE THAT MUCH BENEFIT THOUGH, WHICH IS FRUSTRATING, AND SOME OF THE HOURS ARE SHORT. I AM WORKING WITH ELDERLY AND SO FAR I AM ENJOYING IT SINCE I GREW UP WITH MY GRAND PARENTS.
Good place to work for if you're committed to staying a CNA
CNA/Caregiver (Former Employee), Raleigh, NCSeptember 12, 2014
Pros: positive caring administrator, flexible
Cons: no benefits, small pay raise, no advancement, no security, no direct deposit, no digital documenting
In-home caring of clients and at times sitter cases at hospitals, assisted living facilities, and even hospice. Administrator is very active in the field such as home visits with clients and holds staff appreciation meetings at least a couple times a year. Most co-workers were willing to pitch in when necessary. The hardest part of the job was the lack – more... of communication between the RN and the client's family as far as CNA duties and what we were told as far as what we are or are not to do for clients. It caused so much confusion and sometimes resentment towards caregiver. There is no room for advancement unless applying for RN or marketing job. Otherwise, HCA is pleasant. – less
Good place to work as many clients
Caregiver (Current Employee), Newport Beach, CAAugust 9, 2014
Pros: i receive and benefit from being able to help my clients with their needs.
Cons: i am not able to utilize all of my nursing qualifications due to working only as a caregiver.
I help clients with bathing, ambulation, medication reminders, oxygen administration, scheduling and driving to appointments, assist with wound care, provide companionship and support.
Very happy with the experience
Caregiver (Former Employee), Austin, TXJuly 29, 2014
It was very rewarding to work with all of the patients and I loved it. Management was great and worked well with my schedule. There was always things to do.
A pleasure working with the elderly
Caregiver (Former Employee), Richmond, VAJuly 14, 2014
Pros: being able to assist and support
Cons: loosing them
The patients are as excited for me to come to their homes as I am. They wait patiently for your arrival. We enjoy watching tv together, putting together a puzzle or just taking a walk. They begin to trust your judgements that concern their care, and trust your decisions.
Ok
Receptionist / Administrative Assistant (Current Employee), Albuquerque, NMJuly 1, 2014
Great company, but no room for advancement , good business truly belive in the company and what they stand for. Would have like to grow with the company, but at this time was unable to.
Client caregiver for in home clients
Client Care Representative (Current Employee), Holladay East, UTJune 22, 2014
Pros: helping people
I enjoy this job, meeting and getting to know people while helping them in their homes. I prepare meals and clean up afterwards. Assist clients in the start of their day, getting up, showered, dressed and exercises. Also light housekeeping and errands.
Good Place to Work
Client Care Manager (Current Employee), Sacramento, CAApril 26, 2014
Everyone was great and I learned a lot. You constantly are learning new things and meeting all kinds of people.
Good Company to work for.
Caregiver (Former Employee), Palo Alto, CAMarch 27, 2014
Pros: good pay rates.
Cons: offices 3 hours away from my new location
Excellent company to work with, unfortunatelly they don't have agencies in the vecinities, the nearest one is in San Diego.
nice work
Caregiver / Assistant (Former Employee), Danville, CAFebruary 26, 2014
I work as caregiver for geriatric patient in walnut creek , good pay but too far from where I live... but I work there for like a year
fun workplace
Live-in Caregiver (Current Employee), Conway, ARJanuary 27, 2014
Pros: free lunches, get to meet new people
Your typical work day with home care assistance is you go in do what needs to be done and then just be there for the clients as needed or should I say as a companion.
Excllent place to work and friendly office enviornment
Human Resources Rep/Staffing Coordinator (Current Employee), Kenilworth, ILJanuary 25, 2014
Pros: family enviornment, open door policy
Cons: weekend on call and working 7ays a week sometimes
This is an excellent company to work for if you're starting your career. The knowledge obtained from senior management is worth working here, they definitely help you grow as a person.
productive and fun work place,loved working with new clients
caregiver (Former Employee), Dallas, TXOctober 14, 2013
Pros: love those bonuses
Cons: no affordable insurance
First thing would walk property and clean, went to bank, fax over all deposits and Monday reports,cleaned office daily, along with any vacant unit so they would be ready to rent, did marketing on Fridays, spoke with incoming calls for storage prices ,gave them a special at times for first time move ins ,mangement company was good and supportive always – more... new things and laws to learn, I loved

customers always came back to see me, because they said I was friendly and I showed I cared about them, I would go the extra mile for clients and they loved it and always told other people which brought me new clients ,enjoyed my job, never missed a day always,
ready for the next day , always looking for new clients to walkin or calls,even when I wasn't on the job always selling our storage units
for rent and would give them a great deal and left my business card with them, and said comeand see us and our property. – less
Working with different people
Caregiver (Former Employee), Nashua, NHAugust 29, 2013
Pros: meeting new people
Cons: no insurance
This job made me realize how much people really do need a lot of help when they live by themselves. I enjoyed my coworkers and they were very friendly to get along with.
Excellent place to work
Case Manager (Former Employee), Scottsdale, AZJuly 31, 2013
Family run, owned, and operated by people who are hardworking and 100% dedicated to the cause. This is a special place to work, learn, and grow as a person and as a professional.
Poor communication
CNA/Caregiver (Current Employee), Hot Springs, ARJuly 3, 2013
Cons: my supervisors will not communicate with me to let me know when i can start working.
I was hired 3 weeks ago and have only been called twice to work. I have called numerous times to see about my work schedule and no one will call me back or let me know what is going on. I really was looking forward to working with them but cant survive not having any working hours and just being called once every 2 weeks so I am looking for another – more... job to fulfill more hours as a means to survive. – less
Caring people who truly understand the importance of clients wanting to remain in the comfort of their own home.
Office Manager (Former Employee), Encinitas, CAMay 30, 2013
Pros: working with mr. kinder as he was a visionary and the staff at corp.
It was very rewarding to have our clients be satisfied with our professionalism and services. Our care manager was well versed in handling family matters involving non-agreement as to the care of the client. Our RN assessment of care for the clients assured the family & clients they would receive the best possible care. The caregivers have caring hearts – more... of gold and truly loved taking care of the client.

Phone calls were assessed as to potential new clients or caregivers employment inquires, employee payroll questions, and clients invoice questions and directed to the proper person. I handled payroll and invoice questions, solved issues as they occurred. Reviewed invoice for processing of payment, and ordered office supplies.

Assisted the Marketing Director with special projects and ordering of marketing material & supplies.

Control of employee's personal files and clients files along with submission to LTC insurance for reimbursement to the client.

Best part when a client gets well enough to terminate our service. The hardest part is when we get the phone call the clients has passed away.

My co-workers all enjoy helping the clients continue with a productive life style as best they can under their circumstances. – less
Very Good Company
Caregiver (Former Employee), San Diego, CAOctober 25, 2012
Pros: paid well
Cons: nothing
Very professional and care, people a very nice always there for you.
I really like work for this company.