Holy Spirit School Employee Reviews

was a good school
Cleaner - Full time (Former Employee) –  Kirwan QLD8 May 2017
typical day was pretty easy i learned more about taking pride in my job an any job you are given the work place cultur is mulit the most enjoyable part of the job would be all the friendly teachers an students you come across
Pros
wasnt any
Cons
wasnt any
Educational background
Fourth Grade Teacher (Current Employee) –  Stamford, CT29 April 2017
I work with children to foster their education. It is a job I enjoy and it helps to make the day enjoyable. The day can be challenging as you work with children, but by the end of the day you feel good about what was accomplished.
Family environment
Physical Education Teacher (Current Employee) –  Stamford, CT3 April 2017
I like working at Holy Spirit because it is a family environment. I start my day with a prep period to set-up for the day and then my classroom (gym) becomes a revolving door every 40 minutes with students ranging from Pre-K3 - 5th Grade. I have learned in my 12 years of teaching in this field that I still have things I need to work on. I like my Principals very much. My school is a family environment because we support each other in the joys of life and in the sadness of life too.
Pros
Kids smiles and ah ha moments
Cons
No benefits, 1 prep period and working part-time
good
Biology Teacher (Former Employee) –  Hyderabad, Andhra Pradesh2 March 2017
personally i am very happy to work in school.The culture is good and the management is very coperative to the teaching staff and i have learned teaching skills and methos practically there.i enjoyed a lot with my students in conducting practical works and i am very enthusiastic to share my knowledge to my students.
Pros
good work culture
Cons
less salary
Excellent workplace
Bookkeeper (Former Employee) –  Annandale, VA9 November 2014
Very worthwhile. Deep commitment to mission. Professional colleagues.
productive and enjoy
Teacher (Current Employee) –  Biñan City, 04A29 October 2014
* very challenging and competitive
* educational
* organized and firmed in rules and policies
productive and nice atmosphere
Teacher (Former Employee) –  Ghana-West Africa10 February 2014
Teach and help people more especially children so that when they grow up they will never depart from it.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
short break
Party coordinator (Former Employee) –  San Jose, California1 December 2013
It was an excellent experience getting to work with the kids as well as getting the parents involved in the various projects.
It's all about the students!
Assistant Extended Care Director (Current Employee) –  Fremont, CA17 April 2013
It is great to form relationships with many students. The wide range age gap allows me to understand students ages five to 13. At the end of the day, it is a joy to spend time with the kids, helping them with homework, doing projects with them, and seeing lightbulbs in their "I get it" moment.
Pros
the relationships formed with students
Cons
the staff does not get along most days
Very rewarding working with children with learning difficulties and teaching staff.
School Officer ( Teachers Aid) (Current Employee) –  Cranbrook, Townsville8 December 2012
A typical day at work includes working with approximately 120 children within a year level. Some of these need support in basic maths and english but mostly I do activities with them in all sorts of areas. I have a great, caring group of co-workers and we each have different strengths that we gain from each other. The hardest part of the job is dealing with some of the stronger willed children who just don't want to be there. It is very rewarding when a child who has struggled with something does really well with a little bit of help and guidance from me.
Pros
being able to work school hours when my child was younger
Cons
the hours are not consistent. employment is on a term time basis over a year and changes every year.