Holt Renfrew Employee Reviews

One of the best
Image Consultant, YSL Specialist (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON23 October 2015
Well managed and organized company with good solid professional rules and great customer service.
Excellent product and services

Was very proud to work there
at my early years
high-paced sales driven work environment
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Renfrew, ON21 October 2015
sales-driven retail environment where customer service and high volume sales is expected. company lacks corporate communication skills and the customers often know more than the staff do regarding promotions etc.
Like being back in highschool
Personal Shopping Assistant (Former Employee) –  Renfrew, ON26 September 2015
Unfortunately while Holt Renfrew is a beautiful mother ship for fashion, as an employee its horrible. Management acts like they are still in high school and the employees are snobby. Good pay and if you like fashion and can get around everything else you'll love it. Not for the fragile. They will fire you for whatever reason they want.
Pros
Good discount/pay
Cons
Horrible atmosphere
Fashion Fun and Busy Place to Work
Designated Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON9 September 2015
Fun workplace and environment with supportive management. If interested in fashion, you see products not available anywhere else in Canada.
Fun and Professional Environment
Beauty Expert (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON1 September 2015
Holt Renfrew is very organized and run professionally with a great management team. It is a fun environment to work in.They have a great vision and goal and they are aware of their competitors so they work hard to make Holt Renfrew better everyday. The events are always great and fun at Holt Renfrew. It is Canada's leading luxury store and they are great at doing so and creating that atmosphere.
Pros
Great managers and good breaks
Cons
Working on Weekends and schedule instability
great place
Investigator (Current Employee) –  toronto28 June 2015
great place to work lots of fun to work
get to meet many different types of people
work benefit is also great that you can enjoy
busy location
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Renfrew, ON18 June 2015
sales associate at cosmetic counter. busy location, relatively nice customer, competitive environment. overall good experience
Overall a great place to work, however it has it's pros and cons.
Compliance Coordinator, Vendor Relations & EDI (Current Employee) –  Renfrew, ON9 June 2015
I love my co-workers, they are a great group of dedicated individuals that inspire me everyday.

Our management team has recently been changed and I think the new direction they are moving in will benefit the company on a large scale.
Productive and Fun Workplace
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Renfrew, ON16 May 2015
Great company to work at. Fun, laid-back, exciting, and awesome benefits. Defiantly would suggest working there to people in the future.
Pros
Free Lunches
Cons
Long Hours
terrible
Stock Associate (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON11 May 2015
worst place i have ever worked. i got improper training to begin with. i was there 6 months and nobody seemed to know or could tell me what was going on there. i got laid off with zero reasoning behind it. pretty much incompetent staff of superiors with little to no education.
not that great
Sales associate (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON6 May 2015
when working here most of the staff wasn't friendly to new co workers i had one staff member insult me telling to work better also there was a lot of stuck up people here didn't like it at all i wouldn't work back here
Reasonable enviroment
Accounts Payable Associate (Current Employee) –  Etobicoke, ON15 April 2015
Co-workers are helpful
Experienced with different parts of Accounts
Friendly environment to work in
Typical day was trying to finish paying vendors before the check runs
The hardest part is having to resolve past due invoices for payments
Competitive and busy work environment where employees are passionate about customer service
Menswear Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB12 April 2015
I thoroughly enjoyed my three years with this company and made meaningful relationships. I was able to express my passion in fashion and customer service. My main focus was my clients, who I am in constant communication with and meet all their needs. Hard work and determination were key for success in meeting goals. My co-workers are a crucial part to my day as they were one of the reasons why I enjoyed my job. Team work was very important and we were always willing to assist one another in any way possible. The only objective I would have is the ability to advance within the company as there is not much opportunity to grow and the most enjoyable part of the job is seeing clients satisfied and building lasting relationships.
Making a day out of Data entry
Data Entry (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON10 April 2015
I learned that diligence and work ethic is key in completing any task.
on a daily basis i would arrive at work, sit at my desk and complete the task at hand. if i completed the daily task prior to a full day of working, i would start on the next
i enjoyed the experience and the happiness my co-workers showed day to day
it was hard to do the tedious work, but manageable, and i got the work done in a timely fashion
Fast moving enviroment
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON19 March 2015
Work with many different types of client’s every day. Assisting clients with various things on a daily basis. Fast moving environment, must be good at fast thinking and problem solving skills
Benefits
Cons
Salary, hours
Productive Hard Working yet Fun environment
SENIOR PROJECT MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON17 March 2015
I have truly enjoyed working here. The work is very interesting with a lot of variety and multiple projects on the go. Some balance between the office, travelling onsite and working at home. The fast paced industry with great team support has lead to multiple successes in IT.
Pros
Workload is very busy, the team is very hard working and willing to help each other. A great atmosphere to work in.
Cons
Have not had a permanent IT director in almost 2 years, so decision and budget approvals have been a long slow process.
overall average
Line Cook (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON13 March 2015
It was a stable job with guaranteed hours. Due to being a big corporation policies always changed, and there where a lot of meeting we had to attend that didn't involve our department.
Pros
free food
Cons
too corporate
Job taught me a lot
Sale Professional (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON3 March 2015
This job has taught me a lot about goal settings and getting the job done! It has it pro's and con's like any other job, but there is room for advancement!
productive and fun workplace
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC25 February 2015
A great place to work in retail. fantastic seasonal opportunity. I was able to learn from senior sales associates and develop my own skills.
a good place to start
Asset Protection Investigator (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON30 January 2015
the job it self is ok but most the people at holts are not great team players. the benefits are good .
salary could be improved