Holt Renfrew Employee Reviews

very relaxed
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Montreal-ouest, QC11 July 2016
managers expect you to know what to do, therefor, do not hover around. very relaxed environment, was nice when it did get busy on weekends.
great place to work. loved my team
Shipping and Receiving (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC10 May 2016
The best teamwork and amazing manager. I would have stayed if i wasnt moving back to Whistler. They taught me so much that I will take with me throughout life.
Pros
coffee breaks
Cons
na
Luxury
Divisional Vice President (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QC3 June 2016
Very passionate company aiming in many directions. Right now the company embark on a project of expansion that seems ambitious. Job security is minimal.
Very professional and beautiful envoirment
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON28 December 2015
I really enjoy working at Holt Renfrew, great experience and great managers overall it was fun and professional at the same time.
I also made some decent friends despite some of the
"petty co workers " .
Pros
We got free lunches and our discounts are decent if your permanent
Cons
People that work in the holiday shop are kinda underrated & the commission can be a little better .
Good company
Manager of Personal Shopping (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON19 April 2016
Good company to work for, was own by Canadians at the time, fun environment and good teams

Learned the opening of stores and team work
Pros
promotions
Cons
Fun workplace with its own culture
Assistant Counter Manager (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB11 November 2015
working in Holt Renfrew is a pleasure, I have learned a lot: starting from improving my leadership skills to be a better communicator( handle and solve the problems, and be self-aware of your own attitude).
I work in a team of 4 people, and my co-worker are amazing. We always help each other and making sure we communicate all the time so it wont be any miscommunication situations.

I believe that the job that I am doing right now helped me to develop my people skills, since I am constantly interacting with customers.
Like being back in highschool
Personal Shopping Assistant (Former Employee) –  Renfrew, ON26 September 2015
Unfortunately while Holt Renfrew is a beautiful mother ship for fashion, as an employee its horrible. Management acts like they are still in high school and the employees are snobby. Good pay and if you like fashion and can get around everything else you'll love it. Not for the fragile. They will fire you for whatever reason they want.
Pros
Good discount/pay
Cons
Horrible atmosphere
Exciting and welcoming work place
Visual Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON30 January 2016
- Coworkers and managers were all positive, friendly, and respectful
- Schedule hours were as desired
- I enjoyed learning and being creative with the visual process
Fun and Professional Environment
Beauty Expert (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON1 September 2015
Holt Renfrew is very organized and run professionally with a great management team. It is a fun environment to work in.They have a great vision and goal and they are aware of their competitors so they work hard to make Holt Renfrew better everyday. The events are always great and fun at Holt Renfrew. It is Canada's leading luxury store and they are great at doing so and creating that atmosphere.
Pros
Great managers and good breaks
Cons
Working on Weekends and schedule instability
Very fast pace and knowledgeable workplace
Sales accommodation (Former Employee) –  Renfrew, ON15 November 2015
I loved working at Holt Renfrew, they helped me grow as an individual and I gained product knowledge to help enhance my ideal career in the near future.
Pros
definitely the environment, scheduling flexibility and the perks
Cons
high-paced sales driven work environment
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Renfrew, ON21 October 2015
sales-driven retail environment where customer service and high volume sales is expected. company lacks corporate communication skills and the customers often know more than the staff do regarding promotions etc.
fun workplace with a clean atmosphere
Sales Professional (Former Employee) –  Renfrew, ON17 November 2015
Fast paced, with lots to learn.

Great team translates to great work experience.

exciting events planned in store very often.

lots of fun people to meet and interact with.
Pros
discount
Cons
very competitive
Making a day out of Data entry
Data Entry (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON10 April 2015
I learned that diligence and work ethic is key in completing any task.
on a daily basis i would arrive at work, sit at my desk and complete the task at hand. if i completed the daily task prior to a full day of working, i would start on the next
i enjoyed the experience and the happiness my co-workers showed day to day
it was hard to do the tedious work, but manageable, and i got the work done in a timely fashion
Productive Hard Working yet Fun environment
SENIOR PROJECT MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON17 March 2015
I have truly enjoyed working here. The work is very interesting with a lot of variety and multiple projects on the go. Some balance between the office, travelling onsite and working at home. The fast paced industry with great team support has lead to multiple successes in IT.
Pros
Workload is very busy, the team is very hard working and willing to help each other. A great atmosphere to work in.
Cons
Have not had a permanent IT director in almost 2 years, so decision and budget approvals have been a long slow process.
Competitive and busy work environment where employees are passionate about customer service
Menswear Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB12 April 2015
I thoroughly enjoyed my three years with this company and made meaningful relationships. I was able to express my passion in fashion and customer service. My main focus was my clients, who I am in constant communication with and meet all their needs. Hard work and determination were key for success in meeting goals. My co-workers are a crucial part to my day as they were one of the reasons why I enjoyed my job. Team work was very important and we were always willing to assist one another in any way possible. The only objective I would have is the ability to advance within the company as there is not much opportunity to grow and the most enjoyable part of the job is seeing clients satisfied and building lasting relationships.
Disappointing Interview Process
Human Resources (Former Employee) –  Toronto9 October 2014
After progressing through a one hour phone screen interview and a Face to Face interview for an HR position, I was disappointed that I never heard back from the Director on the status of my interview process. I invested 4 hours of my time, including travel & also arranging for child care, and would have appreciated the courtesy of a response. I followed up twice and in the end, didn't receive any response. It's disappointing when the management does not live up to the values of the company and I feel it shows a lack of integrity and respect for those candidates who are also customers.
Overall a great place to work, however it has it's pros and cons.
Compliance Coordinator, Vendor Relations & EDI (Current Employee) –  Renfrew, ON9 June 2015
I love my co-workers, they are a great group of dedicated individuals that inspire me everyday.

Our management team has recently been changed and I think the new direction they are moving in will benefit the company on a large scale.
High End Canadian owned Department Store
Counter Manager (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON19 June 2014
A successful company located throughout Canada. Good team atmosphere and a solid management team in place.

Typical duties of Counter manager included but not limited to; Inventory management, Inventory reporting, Building relationships with new clients while maintaining relationships with existing clients, Brand training on the Khiel's product line to both internal staff, vendors and external shareholders, Event coordination and financial reporting.
Great environment to blossom and establish oneself.
Aethetician,Make-up Artist,Spa-Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB4 June 2014
I loved working here, it was my passion. Lovely staff and customers it really was like living in a dream and getting paid. I learned that nothing is what it seems.Beautiful souls should be beautiful. soo simple and so true.I discovered many ways to bring out a persons beauty but also learned how to be better myself.Most enjoyable is I felt like family.Hardest part of the job is the corporate feel.
Pros
Recognition and Incentive.
Cons
long hours and constant events.
One of the best
Image Consultant, YSL Specialist (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON23 October 2015
Well managed and organized company with good solid professional rules and great customer service.
Excellent product and services

Was very proud to work there
at my early years