Holt Renfrew Employee Reviews

Friendly and Productive workplace
Stock Associate (Former Employee) –  Yorkdale, ON16 January 2017
the working environment is superb. Other coworkers are extremely friendly and very helpful. during my time here, i gained many skills such as stock organizing, dealing with customers and brands knowledge.
Pros
Friendly workplace
Cons
Difficult Customers
Not a bad company to work at but depends on what team you are in
Merchandise and Inventory Planner (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON9 January 2017
Fortunately my team is very different from other teams in the company. I have great work / life balance because my director has cultivated it. High turn over of the company cause different management directions and hard for employees to follow.
Terrible Management in Vancouver store
Server (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC3 January 2017
I worked in the restaurant, it was a terrible work environment. I felt ostracised by the management, many servers including the head chef and sous chef have moved on.

The director of catering through intimidation influenced her staff to also participate in propagating this culture of animosity by threatening them with their jobs. I was lucky I was only a server and could leave.

Apply at your own risk! Not a good environment. This review is only for the restaurant.
Cons
Long hours, Bad Management, Unorganised
excellent
amazing colleagues
flexible hours
consistent work
great recognition programs
Pros
environment
Cons
n/a
Productive and enjoyed working with a strong team
Visual Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON28 November 2016
Working at Holt Renfrew was a great experience and I learned great team building skills and widened my skills in merchandising from cosmetics to handbags.
Tres beau endroit de travail
Cook (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QC10 November 2016
Confort de travail. Établissement de luxe respective pour la clientele.
Good Place to work and good management
Accounts Payable Administrator (Current Employee) –  Etobicoke, ON3 October 2016
Cooperative and good working environment. For me hard part is travel. Always deal with vendors and superiors.Fast paced enviroment. Acting as a backup and support, where able, to co-workers and top management
Pros
Friendly environment
Cons
Travel
Great atmosphere with a strong management team
Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON3 October 2016
A typical day could include recruiting new associates, training and development, financial planning, operations, communicating with buyers, floor management, event planning and execution, team management and development, and associate motivation.
Good environment but lack of growth and work life balance
ASSISTANT BUYER (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON27 September 2016
Highly stressful environment with lack of rewards. Low salary but good benefits. Management is demanding and does not promote growth. Frequently asked to repeat the same exercise in different formats. Friendly environment, great discount.
Pros
Discount
Cons
Lack of growth
Fun networking enviornment.
Doorman (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON13 July 2016
Working for Holt Renfrew was a constant learning experience, meeting new faces, understanding who was who and being attentive was the absolute priority.
Pros
1 hour lunch
fun place to work and location is very good but some of the people make is a little hard
Shipper/Receiver (Current Employee) –  yonge and bloor12 July 2016
-For the time being it is a very steady paced work environment with the typical shipping duties to be done.
-Ive learned how to deal with high valued items and how to deal with customers on another level.
-The managment here has changed a lot in the past 6 years I have been here and it have been a bit of a roller coaster but its has been a good experience having different managers.
-My co-workers are great and communicate with me when needed.
-I would say the hardest part of my job is keeping the communication with managers in different departments and other higher ups in the company (Coordinators, associates in the corporate ect.), this lack of commnunication can really set us back.
-The most enjoyable part of my job are the people I work with directly they make working fun and the time go by faster
fun place to work
Accountant Assistant (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON12 July 2016
sometimes hectic
friendly environment
free coffee
perks such as patio parties on a monthly basis
overall nice place to work
good view of outside
keeps you busy
Pros
free coffee
very relaxed
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Montreal-ouest, QC11 July 2016
managers expect you to know what to do, therefor, do not hover around. very relaxed environment, was nice when it did get busy on weekends.
Good workplace
Receptionist office dervices (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON8 June 2016
I have been working as a receptionist/switchboard operator for the corporate office at Holt Renfrew
and have developed impeccable phone manners with pleasure, and an ability to deal with agitated or
distressed customers. I also set switchboard voice mail system each night and collect and distribute
messages each morning. I am accustomed to working on multiple projects simultaneously, and can
offer new ideas to help your company grow and surpass all goals and objectives. My duties included
ensuring accuracy in all customer interaction communication tools including but not limited to phone
messages, booking boardrooms, transferring calls, memorizing directories, and face-to-face
interactions. In December, I completed an eyelash extension course and I am now a certified eyelash
technician. I have experience in the procedure of applying eyelashes as I have been practicing applying
eyelashes over the past three months.
Luxury
Divisional Vice President (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QC3 June 2016
Very passionate company aiming in many directions. Right now the company embark on a project of expansion that seems ambitious. Job security is minimal.
Brand Manager (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB2 June 2016
I loved working for Holt Renfrew. The customers were great! Also, working for the Brand Thomas Pink was amazing to me!!! I felt so respected and loved going into work and giving a 110% all the time.
Pros
Amazing clothes and customers.
Cons
Very competitive due to commission sales.
great place to work. loved my team
Shipping and Receiving (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC10 May 2016
The best teamwork and amazing manager. I would have stayed if i wasnt moving back to Whistler. They taught me so much that I will take with me throughout life.
Pros
coffee breaks
Cons
na
Meilleur employeur à vie
Tailleur (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC10 May 2016
Expérience de travail fabuleuse dans un espace de travail extraordinaire.

Être en contact avec la clientèle, bon esprit d'équipe et reconnaissance de nos supérieurs.
Pros
Travail exigeant et stimulant-entreprise de grande classe
Cons
code vestimentaire strict
Good company
Manager of Personal Shopping (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON19 April 2016
Good company to work for, was own by Canadians at the time, fun environment and good teams

Learned the opening of stores and team work
Pros
promotions
retail industry is difficult
Supervisor accounts payables and receivables (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON17 March 2016
You can learn a lot in this company but it is not easy.

Lots of snobism and pride because of the company reputation.

The company is in general cheap but it is the retail industry, it is in the culture.

Customer is important over everything else
Pros
opportunity to grow
Cons
work culture is not that friendly

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Holt Renfrew. Our community is ready to answer.

CEO Approval