Holt Renfrew Employee Reviews

Good environment but lack of growth and work life balance
ASSISTANT BUYER (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON27 September 2016
Highly stressful environment with lack of rewards. Low salary but good benefits. Management is demanding and does not promote growth. Frequently asked to repeat the same exercise in different formats. Friendly environment, great discount.
Pros
Discount
Cons
Lack of growth
Enjoyable luxury retail job
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON23 February 2016
Overall the work environment was enjoyable but management would stress the overall customer experience without the tools and services to deliver. Merchandise was not what customers wanted, and therefore there were gaps in sales. Clients are rated by spend, which is not conducive to creating extraordinary service. In my term, management increased responsibilities without increasing compensation, and deflected responsibility on employees.
fun place to work and location is very good but some of the people make is a little hard
Shipper/Receiver (Current Employee) –  yonge and bloor12 July 2016
-For the time being it is a very steady paced work environment with the typical shipping duties to be done.
-Ive learned how to deal with high valued items and how to deal with customers on another level.
-The managment here has changed a lot in the past 6 years I have been here and it have been a bit of a roller coaster but its has been a good experience having different managers.
-My co-workers are great and communicate with me when needed.
-I would say the hardest part of my job is keeping the communication with managers in different departments and other higher ups in the company (Coordinators, associates in the corporate ect.), this lack of commnunication can really set us back.
-The most enjoyable part of my job are the people I work with directly they make working fun and the time go by faster
fun place to work
Accountant Assistant (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON12 July 2016
sometimes hectic
friendly environment
free coffee
perks such as patio parties on a monthly basis
overall nice place to work
good view of outside
keeps you busy
Pros
free coffee
Cons
Great atmosphere with a strong management team
Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON3 October 2016
A typical day could include recruiting new associates, training and development, financial planning, operations, communicating with buyers, floor management, event planning and execution, team management and development, and associate motivation.
Good Place to work and good management
Accounts Payable Administrator (Current Employee) –  Etobicoke, ON3 October 2016
Cooperative and good working environment. For me hard part is travel. Always deal with vendors and superiors.Fast paced enviroment. Acting as a backup and support, where able, to co-workers and top management
Pros
Friendly environment
Cons
Travel
Good workplace
Receptionist office dervices (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON8 June 2016
I have been working as a receptionist/switchboard operator for the corporate office at Holt Renfrew
and have developed impeccable phone manners with pleasure, and an ability to deal with agitated or
distressed customers. I also set switchboard voice mail system each night and collect and distribute
messages each morning. I am accustomed to working on multiple projects simultaneously, and can
offer new ideas to help your company grow and surpass all goals and objectives. My duties included
ensuring accuracy in all customer interaction communication tools including but not limited to phone
messages, booking boardrooms, transferring calls, memorizing directories, and face-to-face
interactions. In December, I completed an eyelash extension course and I am now a certified eyelash
technician. I have experience in the procedure of applying eyelashes as I have been practicing applying
eyelashes over the past three months.
Good company
Manager of Personal Shopping (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON19 April 2016
Good company to work for, was own by Canadians at the time, fun environment and good teams

Learned the opening of stores and team work
Pros
promotions
Cons
great shifts, amazing staff and a great learning experience
sales associate/cashier (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC8 March 2016
worked 8 hour days, and switched between women's contemporary and collections to helping the Moncler visual merchandiser and doing markdowns. the management was great, professional, and extremely helpful. the coworkers I had were really lovely, and there was a great sense of team work on and off the floor. the hardest part of the job at the beginning was adjusting to the luxury retail style, it was a dramatic change from my past job at American Eagle, but it helped me grow and broaden my skill set. I built a great client base over the 2 months I was there, and learned new skills and got a taste of visual merchandising which really interests me.
Pros
great work experience
Cons
was only a seasonal placement
Productive and enjoyed working with a strong team
Visual Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON28 November 2016
Working at Holt Renfrew was a great experience and I learned great team building skills and widened my skills in merchandising from cosmetics to handbags.
Luxury
Divisional Vice President (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QC3 June 2016
Very passionate company aiming in many directions. Right now the company embark on a project of expansion that seems ambitious. Job security is minimal.
Brand Manager (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB2 June 2016
I loved working for Holt Renfrew. The customers were great! Also, working for the Brand Thomas Pink was amazing to me!!! I felt so respected and loved going into work and giving a 110% all the time.
Pros
Amazing clothes and customers.
Cons
Very competitive due to commission sales.
Amazing company
Sales Associate (Footwear) (Former Employee) –  Toronto Ontario4 April 2014
Holt Renfrew is often associated with a snobby staff aswell as mixed reviews on how they treat there employees.

The year I spent working with Holts was one of my favourites. Great staff, great management and an overwhelming sense of entrepreneurship. Holts is one of few companies with what I refer to as the "skies the limit" point of view. Holts gives you the basic tools and training you need to really develop a loyal clientèle.

One of few companies that actually has a pay structure that strongly encourages employees that how hard you work equals how much you make. It is a phenomenal company for someone with a passion for the fashion industry and is not scared to take those few extra steps that separates Holt Renfrew service from its competition. especially when they reward you well for your work.

If you get a chance to work for this company... take it. They will do nothing but open doors for you.
Pros
Great staff, product, management, salary etc...
Cons
Nothing you wouldn't have at any other job.
Fun networking enviornment.
Doorman (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON13 July 2016
Working for Holt Renfrew was a constant learning experience, meeting new faces, understanding who was who and being attentive was the absolute priority.
Pros
1 hour lunch
very relaxed
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Montreal-ouest, QC11 July 2016
managers expect you to know what to do, therefor, do not hover around. very relaxed environment, was nice when it did get busy on weekends.
great place to work. loved my team
Shipping and Receiving (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC10 May 2016
The best teamwork and amazing manager. I would have stayed if i wasnt moving back to Whistler. They taught me so much that I will take with me throughout life.
Pros
coffee breaks
Cons
na
Productive and Fun Workplace
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Renfrew, ON16 May 2015
Great company to work at. Fun, laid-back, exciting, and awesome benefits. Defiantly would suggest working there to people in the future.
Pros
Free Lunches
Cons
Long Hours
Very fast pace and knowledgeable workplace
Sales accommodation (Former Employee) –  Renfrew, ON15 November 2015
I loved working at Holt Renfrew, they helped me grow as an individual and I gained product knowledge to help enhance my ideal career in the near future.
Pros
definitely the environment, scheduling flexibility and the perks
Fun and Professional Environment
Beauty Expert (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON1 September 2015
Holt Renfrew is very organized and run professionally with a great management team. It is a fun environment to work in.They have a great vision and goal and they are aware of their competitors so they work hard to make Holt Renfrew better everyday. The events are always great and fun at Holt Renfrew. It is Canada's leading luxury store and they are great at doing so and creating that atmosphere.
Pros
Great managers and good breaks
Cons
Working on Weekends and schedule instability
Productive and fun place to work
Shoe Stock Associate (Current Employee) –  Renfrew, ON9 January 2014
Stocking shoes and working with people you have fun with make the job enjoyable on a daily basis. I would recommend working for the company. If you work hard they will keep you on and it's a great place to work especially if you're still in school.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
Can be boring when shoe orders are slow