Holt Renfrew

Holt Renfrew Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
great place
Investigator (Current Employee), torontoJune 28, 2015
great place to work lots of fun to work
get to meet many different types of people
work benefit is also great that you can enjoy
busy location
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Renfrew, ONJune 18, 2015
sales associate at cosmetic counter. busy location, relatively nice customer, competitive environment. overall good experience
Overall a great place to work, however it has it's pros and cons.
Compliance Coordinator, Vendor Relations & EDI (Current Employee), Renfrew, ONJune 9, 2015
I love my co-workers, they are a great group of dedicated individuals that inspire me everyday.

Our management team has recently been changed and I think the new direction they are moving in will benefit the company on a large scale.
Productive and Fun Workplace
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Renfrew, ONMay 16, 2015
Pros: Free Lunches
Cons: Long Hours
Great company to work at. Fun, laid-back, exciting, and awesome benefits. Defiantly would suggest working there to people in the future.
terrible
Stock Associate (Former Employee), Toronto, ONMay 11, 2015
worst place i have ever worked. i got improper training to begin with. i was there 6 months and nobody seemed to know or could tell me what was going on there. i got laid off with zero reasoning behind it. pretty much incompetent staff of superiors with little to no education.
not that great
Sales associate (Former Employee), Toronto, ONMay 6, 2015
when working here most of the staff wasn't friendly to new co workers i had one staff member insult me telling to work better also there was a lot of stuck up people here didn't like it at all i wouldn't work back here
Reasonable enviroment
Accounts Payable Associate (Current Employee), Etobicoke, ONApril 15, 2015
Co-workers are helpful
Experienced with different parts of Accounts
Friendly environment to work in
Typical day was trying to finish paying vendors before the check runs
The hardest part is having to resolve past due invoices for payments
Competitive and busy work environment where employees are passionate about customer service
Menswear Sales Associate (Current Employee), Calgary, ABApril 12, 2015
I thoroughly enjoyed my three years with this company and made meaningful relationships. I was able to express my passion in fashion and customer service. My main focus was my clients, who I am in constant – more... communication with and meet all their needs. Hard work and determination were key for success in meeting goals. My co-workers are a crucial part to my day as they were one of the reasons why I enjoyed my job. Team work was very important and we were always willing to assist one another in any way possible. The only objective I would have is the ability to advance within the company as there is not much opportunity to grow and the most enjoyable part of the job is seeing clients satisfied and building lasting relationships. – less
Making a day out of Data entry
Data Entry (Former Employee), Toronto, ONApril 10, 2015
I learned that diligence and work ethic is key in completing any task.
on a daily basis i would arrive at work, sit at my desk and complete the task at hand. if i completed the daily task prior to a – more... full day of working, i would start on the next
i enjoyed the experience and the happiness my co-workers showed day to day
it was hard to do the tedious work, but manageable, and i got the work done in a timely fashion – less
Fast moving enviroment
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Toronto, ONMarch 19, 2015
Pros: benefits
Cons: salary, hours
Work with many different types of client’s every day. Assisting clients with various things on a daily basis. Fast moving environment, must be good at fast thinking and problem solving skills
Productive Hard Working yet Fun environment
SENIOR PROJECT MANAGER (Former Employee), Toronto, ONMarch 17, 2015
Pros: Workload is very busy, the team is very hard working and willing to help each other. A great atmosphere to work in.
Cons: Have not had a permanent IT director in almost 2 years, so decision and budget approvals have been a long slow process.
I have truly enjoyed working here. The work is very interesting with a lot of variety and multiple projects on the go. Some balance between the office, travelling onsite and working at home. The fast paced industry with great team support has lead to multiple successes in IT.
overall average
Line Cook (Former Employee), Toronto, ONMarch 13, 2015
Pros: free food
Cons: too corporate
It was a stable job with guaranteed hours. Due to being a big corporation policies always changed, and there where a lot of meeting we had to attend that didn't involve our department.
Job taught me a lot
Sale Professional (Former Employee), Toronto, ONMarch 3, 2015
This job has taught me a lot about goal settings and getting the job done! It has it pro's and con's like any other job, but there is room for advancement!
productive and fun workplace
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Vancouver, BCFebruary 25, 2015
A great place to work in retail. fantastic seasonal opportunity. I was able to learn from senior sales associates and develop my own skills.
a good place to start
Asset Protection Investigator (Current Employee), Toronto, ONJanuary 30, 2015
the job it self is ok but most the people at holts are not great team players. the benefits are good .
salary could be improved
Management had favouritism
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Renfrew, ONJanuary 16, 2015
Pros: good benefit
Cons: management was horrible
Very good company to work with but the management at HR2 Vaughn location was horrible, a lot of favouritism an discrimination, i was hired on a seasonal basis but from the one month was there it was quite fun but a lot of politics.
Data Entry
TELEMARKETER (Former Employee), Ottawa, ONJanuary 15, 2015
doing data entry all day
meeting quotas
staff were ok
enjoyable part was it was easy going
Upbeat workplace with friendly and creative co-workers
CO-OP Student (Current Employee), Toronto, ONNovember 26, 2014
Pros: workplace experience
Cons: troublesome customers
The staff always made sure one has a task to do. Very interested in getting you know you as an individual. Everyone there are very well organized and creative. A incredibly desirable place to work.

The – more... most enjoyable part of the job is working with a team to create instillations to be set up in the store. Music is played, coffee is nearby and everyone is happy and having a great time.

The hardest part of the job was mending to the floor. Holt Renfrew is known for "high-class" merchandise so you're bound to encounter problematic customers. Reaching an agreement and satisfying the customer is always a key goal so you sometimes need to be patient. Co-workers are always willing to give you a hand when in need. – less
Type A work place
commissioned sales (Current Employee), Vancouver, BCOctober 27, 2014
Pros: a team that supports each other
Cons: scheduling
On a typical day at work: one would sign in and head onto the sales floor. There, one would greet and welcome every customer to come into the store.
Selling purely based in commission, it's more important – more... to focus on your customer service. Once giving the customer the very best service is at the heart of your approach, sales will naturally follow.

Management has always left something to be desired, in this company. I can't discuss details, but suffice it to say that where they put their money, hours and ideas are not exactly conducive to a thriving work place. But I still do my job to the best of my abilities and follow company policy.
The hardest part of the job is just this:not being able to leave work at work. I'd have a constant life-line to all of my clients. Not that it's anything I can't handle, but I feel that the more difficult part is constantly answering to clients every hour of the day, inclusive of my days off. Also, going into the store on my days off, to service clients personally- so that I'm sure they're receiving the very best in service.

The most enjoyable part of the job can't be brought down to just one point. The team I'd work with was amazing, and working with the clients I had was always a joy as well. I've learned a lot of positive things through coworkers, and I've vastly improved in mandarin as a direct result of constantly working with Chinese clientele. – less
Review Summary
Sales Manager- Leather Goods (Current Employee), Toronto, ONOctober 27, 2014
- No day is ever the same
- Give to get