Holt Renfrew Employee Review

View all Holt Renfrew reviews

Beautiful retail store
Sales Assocaite (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON6 April 2013
The company is great to work and pays much more hgiher than any other retail stores. Amazing discounts and the staff are all overall friendly. However, Holt Renfrew is a cut throat workplace where as employees disappear so often. Holt Renfrew doesn't not care about employee workplace rights. So the chances if they want you out, your gonna be out despite how long you've been employed with them. I was terminated for no reason, but at least the company was kind enough to give me a two weeks severance pay, which was pretty kind of them. Holt Renfrew is a numbers game where employees who do not meet the companies quotas or image will not last very long.
Pros
staff discounts, friendly staff, free lunches, hourly wages
Cons
politics, high turn over rate, no loyalty

Other Holt Renfrew Employee Reviews

Holt Renfrew
Shipping Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Brossard13 February 2018
Holt Renfrew was an amazing working experience for me as they have very good workplace culture and really care about their employees. a typical day would be communication with management, receive and process shipments, organize day with management team. Worked with a great team, hardest part was leaving the company because there was no position for advancement.
Terrible, terrible work culture
Server/Bartender (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC5 February 2018
I worked at Holt Renfrew as a server. Upper management use bullying, manipulation and scare tactics on restaurant staff and supervisors. It was extremely unorganized and unpleasant. I have worked in the restaurant industry for over 10 years and this was easily the worst job I ever had.

Management comes from a catering and banquet background which doesn't cross over into a restaurant/retail environment. We used to call it Holt's Cafe Survivor because everyone was on the chopping block at all times. It was a very unhealthy environment.
The only perks were the benefits and discounts.

Also, literally the WORST uniforms I have ever seen in my life: impractical and ugly.
Pros
Benefits, discounts, hours
Cons
Management, inconsistent tips, work environment

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Holt Renfrew. Our community is ready to answer.