Holt Renfrew Employee Reviews

Productive and enjoyed working with a strong team
Visual Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON28 November 2016
Working at Holt Renfrew was a great experience and I learned great team building skills and widened my skills in merchandising from cosmetics to handbags.
Good Place to work and good management
Accounts Payable Administrator (Current Employee) –  Etobicoke, ON3 October 2016
Cooperative and good working environment. For me hard part is travel. Always deal with vendors and superiors.Fast paced enviroment. Acting as a backup and support, where able, to co-workers and top management
Pros
Friendly environment
Cons
Travel
Great atmosphere with a strong management team
Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON3 October 2016
A typical day could include recruiting new associates, training and development, financial planning, operations, communicating with buyers, floor management, event planning and execution, team management and development, and associate motivation.
Good environment but lack of growth and work life balance
ASSISTANT BUYER (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON27 September 2016
Highly stressful environment with lack of rewards. Low salary but good benefits. Management is demanding and does not promote growth. Frequently asked to repeat the same exercise in different formats. Friendly environment, great discount.
Pros
Discount
Cons
Lack of growth
Fun networking enviornment.
Doorman (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON13 July 2016
Working for Holt Renfrew was a constant learning experience, meeting new faces, understanding who was who and being attentive was the absolute priority.
Pros
1 hour lunch
fun place to work and location is very good but some of the people make is a little hard
Shipper/Receiver (Current Employee) –  yonge and bloor12 July 2016
-For the time being it is a very steady paced work environment with the typical shipping duties to be done.
-Ive learned how to deal with high valued items and how to deal with customers on another level.
-The managment here has changed a lot in the past 6 years I have been here and it have been a bit of a roller coaster but its has been a good experience having different managers.
-My co-workers are great and communicate with me when needed.
-I would say the hardest part of my job is keeping the communication with managers in different departments and other higher ups in the company (Coordinators, associates in the corporate ect.), this lack of commnunication can really set us back.
-The most enjoyable part of my job are the people I work with directly they make working fun and the time go by faster
fun place to work
Accountant Assistant (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON12 July 2016
sometimes hectic
friendly environment
free coffee
perks such as patio parties on a monthly basis
overall nice place to work
good view of outside
keeps you busy
Pros
free coffee
very relaxed
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Montreal-ouest, QC11 July 2016
managers expect you to know what to do, therefor, do not hover around. very relaxed environment, was nice when it did get busy on weekends.
Good workplace
Receptionist office dervices (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON8 June 2016
I have been working as a receptionist/switchboard operator for the corporate office at Holt Renfrew
and have developed impeccable phone manners with pleasure, and an ability to deal with agitated or
distressed customers. I also set switchboard voice mail system each night and collect and distribute
messages each morning. I am accustomed to working on multiple projects simultaneously, and can
offer new ideas to help your company grow and surpass all goals and objectives. My duties included
ensuring accuracy in all customer interaction communication tools including but not limited to phone
messages, booking boardrooms, transferring calls, memorizing directories, and face-to-face
interactions. In December, I completed an eyelash extension course and I am now a certified eyelash
technician. I have experience in the procedure of applying eyelashes as I have been practicing applying
eyelashes over the past three months.
Luxury
Divisional Vice President (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QC3 June 2016
Very passionate company aiming in many directions. Right now the company embark on a project of expansion that seems ambitious. Job security is minimal.
Brand Manager (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB2 June 2016
I loved working for Holt Renfrew. The customers were great! Also, working for the Brand Thomas Pink was amazing to me!!! I felt so respected and loved going into work and giving a 110% all the time.
Pros
Amazing clothes and customers.
Cons
Very competitive due to commission sales.
great place to work. loved my team
Shipping and Receiving (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC10 May 2016
The best teamwork and amazing manager. I would have stayed if i wasnt moving back to Whistler. They taught me so much that I will take with me throughout life.
Pros
coffee breaks
Cons
na
Good company
Manager of Personal Shopping (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON19 April 2016
Good company to work for, was own by Canadians at the time, fun environment and good teams

Learned the opening of stores and team work
Pros
promotions
Cons
great shifts, amazing staff and a great learning experience
sales associate/cashier (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC8 March 2016
worked 8 hour days, and switched between women's contemporary and collections to helping the Moncler visual merchandiser and doing markdowns. the management was great, professional, and extremely helpful. the coworkers I had were really lovely, and there was a great sense of team work on and off the floor. the hardest part of the job at the beginning was adjusting to the luxury retail style, it was a dramatic change from my past job at American Eagle, but it helped me grow and broaden my skill set. I built a great client base over the 2 months I was there, and learned new skills and got a taste of visual merchandising which really interests me.
Pros
great work experience
Cons
was only a seasonal placement
Enjoyable luxury retail job
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON23 February 2016
Overall the work environment was enjoyable but management would stress the overall customer experience without the tools and services to deliver. Merchandise was not what customers wanted, and therefore there were gaps in sales. Clients are rated by spend, which is not conducive to creating extraordinary service. In my term, management increased responsibilities without increasing compensation, and deflected responsibility on employees.
Exciting and welcoming work place
Visual Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON30 January 2016
- Coworkers and managers were all positive, friendly, and respectful
- Schedule hours were as desired
- I enjoyed learning and being creative with the visual process
Very professional and beautiful envoirment
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON28 December 2015
I really enjoy working at Holt Renfrew, great experience and great managers overall it was fun and professional at the same time.
I also made some decent friends despite some of the
"petty co workers " .
Pros
We got free lunches and our discounts are decent if your permanent
Cons
People that work in the holiday shop are kinda underrated & the commission can be a little better .
fun workplace with a clean atmosphere
Sales Professional (Former Employee) –  Renfrew, ON17 November 2015
Fast paced, with lots to learn.

Great team translates to great work experience.

exciting events planned in store very often.

lots of fun people to meet and interact with.
Pros
discount
Cons
very competitive
Very fast pace and knowledgeable workplace
Sales accommodation (Former Employee) –  Renfrew, ON15 November 2015
I loved working at Holt Renfrew, they helped me grow as an individual and I gained product knowledge to help enhance my ideal career in the near future.
Pros
definitely the environment, scheduling flexibility and the perks
Cons
Fun workplace with its own culture
Assistant Counter Manager (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB11 November 2015
working in Holt Renfrew is a pleasure, I have learned a lot: starting from improving my leadership skills to be a better communicator( handle and solve the problems, and be self-aware of your own attitude).
I work in a team of 4 people, and my co-worker are amazing. We always help each other and making sure we communicate all the time so it wont be any miscommunication situations.

I believe that the job that I am doing right now helped me to develop my people skills, since I am constantly interacting with customers.