Holt Renfrew Employee Reviews

I loved the people I worked with, The boss was great!!! Felt blessed to work there! Commission was higher than other retail jobs!!!
Make-up / Fragrance Consultant (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON16 March 2017
Love makeup if you work hard you can make alot of money! Management was great, fun to work their....alot of give aways from company . You can move around ....
Pros
better rate of commission
Cons
Retail!!! Hours!!!!!!!!!!! You work every weekend store in opened later now
Fun workplace
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON2 March 2017
- great work culture
- make your own pay cheque
- room for growth
- management support
- money wasn't great when business was slow
Productive and fun loving staff
Stock Associate/ Sales Associate/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON9 February 2017
a typical day at work, I would received stock and made sure stock room was organized and safe for my co-workers to find the merchandise they're looking for, i would also open all cashiers most morning and i would also close at nights. i learned about brand i haven't heard off before. Management was great made you feel good about the work you did.the hardest part was learning the brands and the history.
Pros
good hours
They lie
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC5 February 2017
Do not get fooled. They will tell you one thing and do another. They make it seem that you will get benefits and earn more when in fact they play with your head the whole time.
They give unrealistic goals so you can never attain the bonus. At the interview when they tell you how much you will be making divide it by 2 so you will know what to expect.
Manager and sales associate at Hugo were pleasant and nice. The real problem is the other associates from the neighbouring department like in Theory. You have a giraffe working there that is wild and crazy.
Pros
Discount
Cons
The uniform barely give you any
Great management
Visual Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  Renfrew, ON1 February 2017
Holt's has great managers and I have talented co workers. I am learning a lot as well as teaching others. It has given me a lot of leadership experience in the creative freedom that comes with the job.
Great people!
Manager, Email Marketing (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON25 January 2017
Organization in flux but the people are great and everyone is dedicated. The stores offer a great selection of luxe brands.
Friendly and productive workplace
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON22 January 2017
-Coworkers are friendly

-Fluctuation in traffic

-Good discounts

-management can come off as unprofessional/ inexperienced at times
Pros
Discount
Cons
Lack of growth
Working environment not very good
Apparel Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON20 January 2017
Good discounts.

The store is very busy sometimes and very slow sometimes.

Coworkers could be good or bad depends on your department.

Limited opportunities to move up.
Friendly and Productive workplace
Stock Associate (Former Employee) –  Yorkdale, ON16 January 2017
the working environment is superb. Other coworkers are extremely friendly and very helpful. during my time here, i gained many skills such as stock organizing, dealing with customers and brands knowledge.
Pros
Friendly workplace
Cons
Difficult Customers
Not a bad company to work at but depends on what team you are in
Merchandise and Inventory Planner (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON9 January 2017
Fortunately my team is very different from other teams in the company. I have great work / life balance because my director has cultivated it. High turn over of the company cause different management directions and hard for employees to follow.
Terrible Management in Vancouver store
Server (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC3 January 2017
I worked in the restaurant, it was a terrible work environment. I felt ostracised by the management, many servers including the head chef and sous chef have moved on.

The director of catering through intimidation influenced her staff to also participate in propagating this culture of animosity by threatening them with their jobs. I was lucky I was only a server and could leave.

Apply at your own risk! Not a good environment. This review is only for the restaurant.
Cons
Long hours, Bad Management, Unorganised
excellent
amazing colleagues
flexible hours
consistent work
great recognition programs
Pros
environment
Cons
n/a
Productive and enjoyed working with a strong team
Visual Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON28 November 2016
Working at Holt Renfrew was a great experience and I learned great team building skills and widened my skills in merchandising from cosmetics to handbags.
Good Place to work and good management
Accounts Payable Administrator (Current Employee) –  Etobicoke, ON3 October 2016
Cooperative and good working environment. For me hard part is travel. Always deal with vendors and superiors.Fast paced enviroment. Acting as a backup and support, where able, to co-workers and top management
Pros
Friendly environment
Cons
Travel
Great atmosphere with a strong management team
Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON3 October 2016
A typical day could include recruiting new associates, training and development, financial planning, operations, communicating with buyers, floor management, event planning and execution, team management and development, and associate motivation.
Good environment but lack of growth and work life balance
ASSISTANT BUYER (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON27 September 2016
Highly stressful environment with lack of rewards. Low salary but good benefits. Management is demanding and does not promote growth. Frequently asked to repeat the same exercise in different formats. Friendly environment, great discount.
Pros
Discount
Cons
Lack of growth
Fun networking enviornment.
Doorman (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON13 July 2016
Working for Holt Renfrew was a constant learning experience, meeting new faces, understanding who was who and being attentive was the absolute priority.
Pros
1 hour lunch
fun place to work and location is very good but some of the people make is a little hard
Shipper/Receiver (Current Employee) –  yonge and bloor12 July 2016
-For the time being it is a very steady paced work environment with the typical shipping duties to be done.
-Ive learned how to deal with high valued items and how to deal with customers on another level.
-The managment here has changed a lot in the past 6 years I have been here and it have been a bit of a roller coaster but its has been a good experience having different managers.
-My co-workers are great and communicate with me when needed.
-I would say the hardest part of my job is keeping the communication with managers in different departments and other higher ups in the company (Coordinators, associates in the corporate ect.), this lack of commnunication can really set us back.
-The most enjoyable part of my job are the people I work with directly they make working fun and the time go by faster
fun place to work
Accountant Assistant (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON12 July 2016
sometimes hectic
friendly environment
free coffee
perks such as patio parties on a monthly basis
overall nice place to work
good view of outside
keeps you busy
Pros
free coffee
very relaxed
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Montreal-ouest, QC11 July 2016
managers expect you to know what to do, therefor, do not hover around. very relaxed environment, was nice when it did get busy on weekends.