Holt Renfrew Employee Review

View all Holt Renfrew reviews

Gained considerable experience, customer service and law enforcement
Asset Protection Investigator (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON9 March 2014
At Holt Renfrew, I have achieved a considerable level of ability to work with the public and handle various types of stressful situations as well as emergencies. Providing superior customer service while preventing theft and fraud involving luxury retail merchandise molded me to perform tasks to satisfy both management and customers alike. Working with fellow investigators presented an opportunity for me to become a team player. The most enjoyable part of my job at Holt Renfrew was dealing with different situations and meeting customers needs. The management at Holt Renfrew was always very helpful and informative about our daily and upcoming responsibilities but were always keen to reward us when we went over and beyond our regular duties.
Pros
Great environment to gain various soft skills and experiences
Cons
Job security

Other Holt Renfrew Employee Reviews

Workplace Harassment & Bullying is Real
Buyer (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON22 February 2018
Management leads by intimidation, human resource department does nothing to address bullying and harassment, instead assists upper management to cover up mistreatment claims. Turnover is extremely high in all depts (including HR). Many people leave due to mistreatment, harassment, bullying and "unspoken" expectations to work long hours to show commitment. Favouritism and special treatment is common, management uses scapegoats , bullying tactics to lead teams and deal with outside vendors. I've been in the industry more than 15 years and this by far is the worst place I have worked for. Business strategies are reactionary and constantly changing. Physical appearances are valued over experience and skill, I have also witnessed first hand examples of racism and prejudice in team meetings that have been passed off as humour and have seen colleagues be degraded verbally in front of peers.
Pros
Employee Benefits, Discounts, Summer Hours
Cons
Holt Renfrew
Shipping Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Brossard13 February 2018
Holt Renfrew was an amazing working experience for me as they have very good workplace culture and really care about their employees. a typical day would be communication with management, receive and process shipments, organize day with management team. Worked with a great team, hardest part was leaving the company because there was no position for advancement.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Holt Renfrew. Our community is ready to answer.