Holt Renfrew Employee Review

View all Holt Renfrew reviews

Designated Specialist for Ippolita (Current Employee) –  Renfrew, Calgary21 February 2014
Upon arrival we make sure that our deparment is in order, product is organized, clean and supplies are replenished. Customers are always first, any down time is spent in reorganizing product to make sure everything is appealing to customers eye.
I have learned different product lines, designers, where they come from and how they are made, what stones and material are used to create each product.
Management and co-workers are all 1st. rate very professional on all levels.
Hardest part of this job is the commute to and from with transit. I live one block from Chinook hence the reason for change.
Most enjoyable part is the comaraderie of staff and management as well meeting and enjoyment of our customer.
Pros
Training availability, interaction with managment, Feeling of being part of the whole picture.
Cons
Commute to and from job

Other Holt Renfrew Employee Reviews

Holt Renfrew
Shipping Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Brossard13 February 2018
Holt Renfrew was an amazing working experience for me as they have very good workplace culture and really care about their employees. a typical day would be communication with management, receive and process shipments, organize day with management team. Worked with a great team, hardest part was leaving the company because there was no position for advancement.
Terrible, terrible work culture
Server/Bartender (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC5 February 2018
I worked at Holt Renfrew as a server. Upper management use bullying, manipulation and scare tactics on restaurant staff and supervisors. It was extremely unorganized and unpleasant. I have worked in the restaurant industry for over 10 years and this was easily the worst job I ever had.

Management comes from a catering and banquet background which doesn't cross over into a restaurant/retail environment. We used to call it Holt's Cafe Survivor because everyone was on the chopping block at all times. It was a very unhealthy environment.
The only perks were the benefits and discounts.

Also, literally the WORST uniforms I have ever seen in my life: impractical and ugly.
Pros
Benefits, discounts, hours
Cons
Management, inconsistent tips, work environment

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Holt Renfrew. Our community is ready to answer.