Holt Renfrew Employee Reviews in Canada

• Salary/Benefits
great shifts, amazing staff and a great learning experience
sales associate/cashier (Former Employee), Vancouver, BCMarch 8, 2016
Pros: great work experience
Cons: was only a seasonal placement
worked 8 hour days, and switched between women's contemporary and collections to helping the Moncler visual merchandiser and doing markdowns. the management was great, professional, and extremely helpful. the coworkers I had were really lovely, and there was a great sense of team work on and off the floor. the hardest part of the job at the beginning was adjusting to the luxury retail style, it was a dramatic change from my past job at American Eagle, but it helped me grow and broaden my skill set. I built a great client base over the 2 months I was there, and learned new skills and got a taste of visual merchandising which really interests me.
Enjoyable luxury retail job
Sales Representative (Current Employee), Toronto, ONFebruary 23, 2016
Overall the work environment was enjoyable but management would stress the overall customer experience without the tools and services to deliver. Merchandise was not what customers wanted, and therefore there were gaps in sales. Clients are rated by spend, which is not conducive to creating extraordinary service. In my term, management increased responsibilities without increasing compensation, and deflected responsibility on employees.
Very professional and beautiful envoirment
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Toronto, ONDecember 28, 2015
Pros: We got free lunches and our discounts are decent if your permanent
Cons: People that work in the holiday shop are kinda underrated & the commission can be a little better .
I really enjoy working at Holt Renfrew, great experience and great managers overall it was fun and professional at the same time.
I also made some decent friends despite some of the
"petty co workers " .
Fun workplace with its own culture
Assistant Counter Manager (Current Employee), Calgary, ABNovember 11, 2015
working in Holt Renfrew is a pleasure, I have learned a lot: starting from improving my leadership skills to be a better communicator( handle and solve the problems, and be self-aware of your own attitude).
I work in a team of 4 people, and my co-worker are amazing. We always help each other and making sure we communicate all the time so it wont be any miscommunication situations.

I believe that the job that I am doing right now helped me to develop my people skills, since I am constantly interacting with customers.
Like being back in highschool
Personal Shopping Assistant (Former Employee), Renfrew, ONSeptember 26, 2015
Pros: Good discount/pay
Cons: Horrible atmosphere
Unfortunately while Holt Renfrew is a beautiful mother ship for fashion, as an employee its horrible. Management acts like they are still in high school and the employees are snobby. Good pay and if you like fashion and can get around everything else you'll love it. Not for the fragile. They will fire you for whatever reason they want.
Very fast pace and knowledgeable workplace
Sales accommodation (Former Employee), Renfrew, ONNovember 15, 2015
Pros: definitely the environment, scheduling flexibility and the perks
Cons: long hours
I loved working at Holt Renfrew, they helped me grow as an individual and I gained product knowledge to help enhance my ideal career in the near future.
Exciting and welcoming work place
Visual Merchandiser (Former Employee), Toronto, ONJanuary 30, 2016
- Coworkers and managers were all positive, friendly, and respectful
- Schedule hours were as desired
- I enjoyed learning and being creative with the visual process
Good company
Manager of Personal Shopping (Former Employee), Toronto, ONApril 19, 2016
Pros: promotions
Cons: Long hours
Good company to work for, was own by Canadians at the time, fun environment and good teams

Learned the opening of stores and team work
Fun and Professional Environment
Beauty Expert (Current Employee), Toronto, ONSeptember 1, 2015
Pros: Great managers and good breaks
Cons: Working on Weekends and schedule instability
Holt Renfrew is very organized and run professionally with a great management team. It is a fun environment to work in.They have a great vision and goal and they are aware of their competitors so they work hard to make Holt Renfrew better everyday. The events are always great and fun at Holt Renfrew. It is Canada's leading luxury store and they are great at doing so and creating that atmosphere.
fun workplace with a clean atmosphere
Sales Professional (Former Employee), Renfrew, ONNovember 17, 2015
Pros: discount
Cons: very competitive
Fast paced, with lots to learn.

Great team translates to great work experience.

exciting events planned in store very often.

lots of fun people to meet and interact with.
high-paced sales driven work environment
Sales Representative (Current Employee), Renfrew, ONOctober 21, 2015
sales-driven retail environment where customer service and high volume sales is expected. company lacks corporate communication skills and the customers often know more than the staff do regarding promotions etc.
One of the best
Image Consultant, YSL Specialist (Former Employee), Toronto, ONOctober 23, 2015
Well managed and organized company with good solid professional rules and great customer service.
Excellent product and services

Was very proud to work there
at my early years
Fashion Fun and Busy Place to Work
Designated Sales Associate (Former Employee), Toronto, ONSeptember 9, 2015
Fun workplace and environment with supportive management. If interested in fashion, you see products not available anywhere else in Canada.
Overall a great place to work, however it has it's pros and cons.
Compliance Coordinator, Vendor Relations & EDI (Current Employee), Renfrew, ONJune 9, 2015
I love my co-workers, they are a great group of dedicated individuals that inspire me everyday.

Our management team has recently been changed and I think the new direction they are moving in will benefit the company on a large scale.
I would not recommend the alterations department at Holt Renfrew Yorkdale to anyone. The management is terrible. Biasness, unprofessional, favoritisim
Seamstress/ Alteration (Former Employee), Toronto, YorkdaleOctober 24, 2015
Pros: There is none!
Cons: Extremely hostile work environment.
During the time I work at Holt Renfrew Yorkdale in the alterations department, I found co-workers to be hostile. There is unnecessary attacks on others for any amount of stupidity. Failure to take responsibility for their actions and repeatedly blame others including the customers. Imagine anyone would blame the customers for garments poor quality altered garment is a mystery to me. Its always somebody's fault exempt the one responsible for the error. The store manager is as unmannerly as you can find a manager to be. One would pass and say good morning to her and she would not answer regardless if you say it more than once. I believe her style is to manage through intimidation. Poor management and toxic work environment. One goes to work with not much expectation expect to work in an environment that is fair to everyone, but that's not the case at Holt Renfrew Yorkdale. I was told by other employees working at other stores that this problem only exist at the Yorkdale store.
Making a day out of Data entry
Data Entry (Former Employee), Toronto, ONApril 10, 2015
I learned that diligence and work ethic is key in completing any task.
on a daily basis i would arrive at work, sit at my desk and complete the task at hand. if i completed the daily task prior to a full day of working, i would start on the next
i enjoyed the experience and the happiness my co-workers showed day to day
it was hard to do the tedious work, but manageable, and i got the work done in a timely fashion
Competitive and busy work environment where employees are passionate about customer service
Menswear Sales Associate (Current Employee), Calgary, ABApril 12, 2015
I thoroughly enjoyed my three years with this company and made meaningful relationships. I was able to express my passion in fashion and customer service. My main focus was my clients, who I am in constant communication with and meet all their needs. Hard work and determination were key for success in meeting goals. My co-workers are a crucial part to my day as they were one of the reasons why I enjoyed my job. Team work was very important and we were always willing to assist one another in any way possible. The only objective I would have is the ability to advance within the company as there is not much opportunity to grow and the most enjoyable part of the job is seeing clients satisfied and building lasting relationships.
Productive Hard Working yet Fun environment
SENIOR PROJECT MANAGER (Former Employee), Toronto, ONMarch 17, 2015
Pros: Workload is very busy, the team is very hard working and willing to help each other. A great atmosphere to work in.
Cons: Have not had a permanent IT director in almost 2 years, so decision and budget approvals have been a long slow process.
I have truly enjoyed working here. The work is very interesting with a lot of variety and multiple projects on the go. Some balance between the office, travelling onsite and working at home. The fast paced industry with great team support has lead to multiple successes in IT.
terrible
Stock Associate (Former Employee), Toronto, ONMay 11, 2015
worst place i have ever worked. i got improper training to begin with. i was there 6 months and nobody seemed to know or could tell me what was going on there. i got laid off with zero reasoning behind it. pretty much incompetent staff of superiors with little to no education.
Reasonable enviroment
Accounts Payable Associate (Current Employee), Etobicoke, ONApril 15, 2015
Co-workers are helpful
Experienced with different parts of Accounts
Friendly environment to work in
Typical day was trying to finish paying vendors before the check runs
The hardest part is having to resolve past due invoices for payments