Holt Renfrew

Holt Renfrew Canada Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Upbeat workplace with friendly and creative co-workers
CO-OP Student (Current Employee), Toronto, ONNovember 26, 2014
Pros: workplace experience
Cons: troublesome customers
The staff always made sure one has a task to do. Very interested in getting you know you as an individual. Everyone there are very well organized and creative. A incredibly desirable place to work.

The most enjoyable part of the job is working with a team to create instillations to be set up in the store. Music is played, coffee is nearby and everyone – more... is happy and having a great time.

The hardest part of the job was mending to the floor. Holt Renfrew is known for "high-class" merchandise so you're bound to encounter problematic customers. Reaching an agreement and satisfying the customer is always a key goal so you sometimes need to be patient. Co-workers are always willing to give you a hand when in need. – less
Type A work place
commissioned sales (Current Employee), Vancouver, BCOctober 27, 2014
Pros: a team that supports each other
Cons: scheduling
On a typical day at work: one would sign in and head onto the sales floor. There, one would greet and welcome every customer to come into the store.
Selling purely based in commission, it's more important to focus on your customer service. Once giving the customer the very best service is at the heart of your approach, sales will naturally follow.

Management – more... has always left something to be desired, in this company. I can't discuss details, but suffice it to say that where they put their money, hours and ideas are not exactly conducive to a thriving work place. But I still do my job to the best of my abilities and follow company policy.
The hardest part of the job is just this:not being able to leave work at work. I'd have a constant life-line to all of my clients. Not that it's anything I can't handle, but I feel that the more difficult part is constantly answering to clients every hour of the day, inclusive of my days off. Also, going into the store on my days off, to service clients personally- so that I'm sure they're receiving the very best in service.

The most enjoyable part of the job can't be brought down to just one point. The team I'd work with was amazing, and working with the clients I had was always a joy as well. I've learned a lot of positive things through coworkers, and I've vastly improved in mandarin as a direct result of constantly working with Chinese clientele. – less
Review Summary
Sales Manager- Leather Goods (Current Employee), Toronto, ONOctober 27, 2014
- No day is ever the same
- Give to get
- Create the extraordinary
Disappointing Interview Process
Human Resources (Former Employee), TorontoOctober 9, 2014
After progressing through a one hour phone screen interview and a Face to Face interview for an HR position, I was disappointed that I never heard back from the Director on the status of my interview process. I invested 4 hours of my time, including travel & also arranging for child care, and would have appreciated the courtesy of a response. I followed – more... up twice and in the end, didn't receive any response. It's disappointing when the management does not live up to the values of the company and I feel it shows a lack of integrity and respect for those candidates who are also customers. – less
Good Experience.
Coordinator, Merchandise (Current Employee), Renfrew, ONOctober 8, 2014
I learned a lot about the retail business and what goes on behind the scenes.
Hardest part of the job
Assisted the sales associate (Former Employee), Yorkdale MallSeptember 16, 2014
The hardest part of the job is when the month of December hits, and the store/mall get really busy that we're always on our feet
The Co-Workers make the place
Shipping/Receiving (Current Employee), Toronto, ONAugust 15, 2014
Pros: sometimes you get a thank you
Cons: management
Make sure shipments go out with local courier
I learned to create shipping labels and sending important things out via Brinks
Management not the greatest
The best part of work are your co-workers
Hardest part is to make everyone happy
Enjoyable part has to be feeling you accomplished alot in the day
simple
Spécialiste, Burberry (Former Employee), Montréal, QCJuly 30, 2014
management was missing skills
hardest part of thr job was to give an explanation for missing variety
Fantastic
Denim Specialist - Menswear (Former Employee), Montréal, QCJuly 21, 2014
Great working environment. Wonderful staff, pleasant customers.
HOLT RENFREW
Stock Associate (Current Employee), Toronto, ONJuly 14, 2014
Pros: name brand clothes
Cons: stuck up people
- busy,
i learned that working with people with money is not easy, especially when they know you dont have as much money as them
-hardest part of the job is going up
-the most enjoyable part is being around name brand clothes
High End Canadian owned Department Store
Counter Manager (Former Employee), Ottawa, ONJune 19, 2014
A successful company located throughout Canada. Good team atmosphere and a solid management team in place.

Typical duties of Counter manager included but not limited to; Inventory management, Inventory reporting, Building relationships with new clients while maintaining relationships with existing clients, Brand training on the Khiel's product line – more... to both internal staff, vendors and external shareholders, Event coordination and financial reporting. – less
Great environment to blossom and establish oneself.
Aethetician,Make-up Artist,Spa-Coordinator (Former Employee), Calgary, ABJune 4, 2014
Pros: recognition and incentive.
Cons: long hours and constant events.
I loved working here, it was my passion. Lovely staff and customers it really was like living in a dream and getting paid. I learned that nothing is what it seems.Beautiful souls should be beautiful. soo simple and so true.I discovered many ways to bring out a persons beauty but also learned how to be better myself.Most enjoyable is I felt like family.Hardest – more... part of the job is the corporate feel. – less
great staff discounts and great hours
Counter Manager (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABApril 30, 2014
coming in to work at 9 AM.
I learned how to be aggressive sales person here.
Management was never around hardly.
Co-workers socialized lots here.
Hardest part of my job was that the store had slow traffic especially in the summer.
Most enjoyable part of my job was working in a store that offered incredible products.
Amazing company
Sales Associate (Footwear) (Former Employee), Toronto OntarioApril 4, 2014
Pros: great staff, product, management, salary etc...
Cons: nothing you wouldn't have at any other job.
Holt Renfrew is often associated with a snobby staff aswell as mixed reviews on how they treat there employees.

The year I spent working with Holts was one of my favourites. Great staff, great management and an overwhelming sense of entrepreneurship. Holts is one of few companies with what I refer to as the "skies the limit" point of view. Holts gives – more... you the basic tools and training you need to really develop a loyal clientèle.

One of few companies that actually has a pay structure that strongly encourages employees that how hard you work equals how much you make. It is a phenomenal company for someone with a passion for the fashion industry and is not scared to take those few extra steps that separates Holt Renfrew service from its competition. especially when they reward you well for your work.

If you get a chance to work for this company... take it. They will do nothing but open doors for you. – less
Gained considerable experience, customer service and law enforcement
Asset Protection Investigator (Former Employee), Toronto, ONMarch 9, 2014
Pros: great environment to gain various soft skills and experiences
Cons: job security
At Holt Renfrew, I have achieved a considerable level of ability to work with the public and handle various types of stressful situations as well as emergencies. Providing superior customer service while preventing theft and fraud involving luxury retail merchandise molded me to perform tasks to satisfy both management and customers alike. Working with – more... fellow investigators presented an opportunity for me to become a team player. The most enjoyable part of my job at Holt Renfrew was dealing with different situations and meeting customers needs. The management at Holt Renfrew was always very helpful and informative about our daily and upcoming responsibilities but were always keen to reward us when we went over and beyond our regular duties. – less
Designated Specialist for Ippolita (Current Employee), Renfrew, CalgaryFebruary 21, 2014
Pros: training availability, interaction with managment, feeling of being part of the whole picture.
Cons: commute to and from job
Upon arrival we make sure that our deparment is in order, product is organized, clean and supplies are replenished. Customers are always first, any down time is spent in reorganizing product to make sure everything is appealing to customers eye.
I have learned different product lines, designers, where they come from and how they are made, what stones – more... and material are used to create each product.
Management and co-workers are all 1st. rate very professional on all levels.
Hardest part of this job is the commute to and from with transit. I live one block from Chinook hence the reason for change.
Most enjoyable part is the comaraderie of staff and management as well meeting and enjoyment of our customer. – less
No job security
HR2 Buying Office Coordinator (Former Employee), Toronto, ONJanuary 11, 2014
No job security. My contract was extended at the end of every month for only a month, for over a year.
Productive and fun place to work
Shoe Stock Associate (Current Employee), Renfrew, ONJanuary 9, 2014
Pros: great benefits
Cons: can be boring when shoe orders are slow
Stocking shoes and working with people you have fun with make the job enjoyable on a daily basis. I would recommend working for the company. If you work hard they will keep you on and it's a great place to work especially if you're still in school.
Holt Renfrew at its best
Sales associate, stock movement team (Current Employee), Toronto, ONJanuary 7, 2014
Pros: free lunches, incentives, acknowledgements
Cons: long hours (schedule for 8 hours, work for 10/11 hours)
I've been working for Holt Renfrew for about a year and a half, and I absolutely love it. I went from working at Holt Renfrew's outlet store in Vaughan Mills, then worked in their distribution centre (admin. section) doing paperworks, to help and open Holt Renfrew's second hr2 store, lastly transferring to Holt Renfrew Yorkdale.

My scheduled day would – more... be from 7 a.m. and 8 a.m. depending if I have a lot of work to do the following day. I would start off by doing the most important things, such as putting the new products onto the floor, collecting the day's paperworks, to do last minute touches for big events.

I have nothing but wonderful words to say about my management team to my coworkers. They're all friendly and easy to adapt to, which made it very easy to love working.

The hardest part about working was the stress level, I never wanted to leave work until I was done what I was doing. Whatever I left back, and what I had to do the following day - so I always tried to execute everything before I had to leave for the day. There were times I worked a minimum of 10 hours+ for a week, to help prepare for the Christmas holiday sale. – less
Counter-productive but nice work environment
Stock Associate (Current Employee), Toronto, ONDecember 29, 2013
Pros: gift cards, pot-lucks, constructive workshops.
Cons: long hours, over scheduling, non-existent management.
Working at Holt Renfrew has both pros and cons. A lot of over scheduling which eventually leads to counter-productive work and sitting around doing nothing.You experience days where you ask yourself "Why am I here". They are always looking for ways to expand and innovate luxury retail which creates loyalty with clients. A lot of gossiping amongst your – more... co-workers, ambiguity runs high with employees. Management is very non-existent in certain departments but other than that very professional and resourceful when available. There was nothing I couldn't handle while working here, very simple job. Holt Renfrew creates a very warm-hearted and welcoming work environment, they treat employees like family. They host holiday draws, pot-lucks, and constructive work shops. – less

1 2 3

About Holt Renfrew

Holt Renfrew (also commonly known as Holt's) is a chain of high-end Canadian department stores. It is comparable to Barneys New – Read more