Holt Renfrew Employee Review

View all Holt Renfrew reviews

Holt Renfrew at its best
Sales associate, stock movement team (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON7 January 2014
I've been working for Holt Renfrew for about a year and a half, and I absolutely love it. I went from working at Holt Renfrew's outlet store in Vaughan Mills, then worked in their distribution centre (admin. section) doing paperworks, to help and open Holt Renfrew's second hr2 store, lastly transferring to Holt Renfrew Yorkdale.

My scheduled day would be from 7 a.m. and 8 a.m. depending if I have a lot of work to do the following day. I would start off by doing the most important things, such as putting the new products onto the floor, collecting the day's paperworks, to do last minute touches for big events.

I have nothing but wonderful words to say about my management team to my coworkers. They're all friendly and easy to adapt to, which made it very easy to love working.

The hardest part about working was the stress level, I never wanted to leave work until I was done what I was doing. Whatever I left back, and what I had to do the following day - so I always tried to execute everything before I had to leave for the day. There were times I worked a minimum of 10 hours+ for a week, to help prepare for the Christmas holiday sale.
Pros
Free lunches, incentives, acknowledgements
Cons
Long hours (schedule for 8 hours, work for 10/11 hours)

Other Holt Renfrew Employee Reviews

Workplace Harassment & Bullying is Real
Buyer (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON22 February 2018
Management leads by intimidation, human resource department does nothing to address bullying and harassment, instead assists upper management to cover up mistreatment claims. Turnover is extremely high in all depts (including HR). Many people leave due to mistreatment, harassment, bullying and "unspoken" expectations to work long hours to show commitment. Favouritism and special treatment is common, management uses scapegoats , bullying tactics to lead teams and deal with outside vendors. I've been in the industry more than 15 years and this by far is the worst place I have worked for. Business strategies are reactionary and constantly changing. Physical appearances are valued over experience and skill, I have also witnessed first hand examples of racism and prejudice in team meetings that have been passed off as humour and have seen colleagues be degraded verbally in front of peers.
Pros
Employee Benefits, Discounts, Summer Hours
Cons
Holt Renfrew
Shipping Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Brossard13 February 2018
Holt Renfrew was an amazing working experience for me as they have very good workplace culture and really care about their employees. a typical day would be communication with management, receive and process shipments, organize day with management team. Worked with a great team, hardest part was leaving the company because there was no position for advancement.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Holt Renfrew. Our community is ready to answer.