Holt Renfrew

Holt Renfrew Canada Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
overall average
Line Cook (Former Employee), Toronto, ONMarch 13, 2015
Pros: free food
Cons: too corporate
It was a stable job with guaranteed hours. Due to being a big corporation policies always changed, and there where a lot of meeting we had to attend that didn't involve our department.
Job taught me a lot
Sale Professional (Former Employee), Toronto, ONMarch 3, 2015
This job has taught me a lot about goal settings and getting the job done! It has it pro's and con's like any other job, but there is room for advancement!
productive and fun workplace
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Vancouver, BCFebruary 25, 2015
A great place to work in retail. fantastic seasonal opportunity. I was able to learn from senior sales associates and develop my own skills.
a good place to start
Asset Protection Investigator (Current Employee), Toronto, ONJanuary 30, 2015
the job it self is ok but most the people at holts are not great team players. the benefits are good .
salary could be improved
Management had favouritism
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Renfrew, ONJanuary 16, 2015
Pros: good benefit
Cons: management was horrible
Very good company to work with but the management at HR2 Vaughn location was horrible, a lot of favouritism an discrimination, i was hired on a seasonal basis but from the one month was there it was quite fun but a lot of politics.
Data Entry
TELEMARKETER (Former Employee), Ottawa, ONJanuary 15, 2015
doing data entry all day
meeting quotas
staff were ok
enjoyable part was it was easy going
Upbeat workplace with friendly and creative co-workers
CO-OP Student (Current Employee), Toronto, ONNovember 26, 2014
Pros: workplace experience
Cons: troublesome customers
The staff always made sure one has a task to do. Very interested in getting you know you as an individual. Everyone there are very well organized and creative. A incredibly desirable place to work.

The most enjoyable part of the job is working with a team to create instillations to be set up in the store. Music is played, coffee is nearby and everyone is happy and having a great time.

The hardest part of the job was mending to the floor. Holt Renfrew is known for "high-class" merchandise so you're bound to encounter problematic customers. Reaching an agreement and satisfying the customer is always a key goal so you sometimes need to be patient. Co-workers are always willing to give you a hand when in need.
Type A work place
commissioned sales (Current Employee), Vancouver, BCOctober 27, 2014
Pros: a team that supports each other
Cons: scheduling
On a typical day at work: one would sign in and head onto the sales floor. There, one would greet and welcome every customer to come into the store.
Selling purely based in commission, it's more important to focus on your customer service. Once giving the customer the very best service is at the heart of your approach, sales will naturally follow.

Management has always left something to be desired, in this company. I can't discuss details, but suffice it to say that where they put their money, hours and ideas are not exactly conducive to a thriving work place. But I still do my job to the best of my abilities and follow company policy.
The hardest part of the job is just this:not being able to leave work at work. I'd have a constant life-line to all of my clients. Not that it's anything I can't handle, but I feel that the more difficult part is constantly answering to clients every hour of the day, inclusive of my days off. Also, going into the store on my days off, to service clients personally- so that I'm sure they're receiving the very best in service.

The most enjoyable part of the job can't be brought down to just one point. The team I'd work with was amazing, and working with the clients I had was always a joy as well. I've learned a lot of positive things through coworkers, and I've vastly improved in mandarin as a direct result of constantly working with Chinese clientele.
Review Summary
Sales Manager- Leather Goods (Current Employee), Toronto, ONOctober 27, 2014
- No day is ever the same
- Give to get
- Create the extraordinary
Disappointing Interview Process
Human Resources (Former Employee), TorontoOctober 9, 2014
After progressing through a one hour phone screen interview and a Face to Face interview for an HR position, I was disappointed that I never heard back from the Director on the status of my interview process. I invested 4 hours of my time, including travel & also arranging for child care, and would have appreciated the courtesy of a response. I followed up twice and in the end, didn't receive any response. It's disappointing when the management does not live up to the values of the company and I feel it shows a lack of integrity and respect for those candidates who are also customers.
Good Experience.
Coordinator, Merchandise (Current Employee), Renfrew, ONOctober 8, 2014
I learned a lot about the retail business and what goes on behind the scenes.
Hardest part of the job
Assisted the sales associate (Former Employee), Yorkdale MallSeptember 16, 2014
The hardest part of the job is when the month of December hits, and the store/mall get really busy that we're always on our feet
The Co-Workers make the place
Shipping/Receiving (Current Employee), Toronto, ONAugust 15, 2014
Pros: sometimes you get a thank you
Cons: management
Make sure shipments go out with local courier
I learned to create shipping labels and sending important things out via Brinks
Management not the greatest
The best part of work are your co-workers
Hardest part is to make everyone happy
Enjoyable part has to be feeling you accomplished alot in the day
simple
Spécialiste, Burberry (Former Employee), Montréal, QCJuly 30, 2014
management was missing skills
hardest part of thr job was to give an explanation for missing variety
Fantastic
Denim Specialist - Menswear (Former Employee), Montréal, QCJuly 21, 2014
Great working environment. Wonderful staff, pleasant customers.
HOLT RENFREW
Stock Associate (Current Employee), Toronto, ONJuly 14, 2014
Pros: name brand clothes
Cons: stuck up people
- busy,
i learned that working with people with money is not easy, especially when they know you dont have as much money as them
-hardest part of the job is going up
-the most enjoyable part is being around name brand clothes
High End Canadian owned Department Store
Counter Manager (Former Employee), Ottawa, ONJune 19, 2014
A successful company located throughout Canada. Good team atmosphere and a solid management team in place.

Typical duties of Counter manager included but not limited to; Inventory management, Inventory reporting, Building relationships with new clients while maintaining relationships with existing clients, Brand training on the Khiel's product line to both internal staff, vendors and external shareholders, Event coordination and financial reporting.
Great environment to blossom and establish oneself.
Aethetician,Make-up Artist,Spa-Coordinator (Former Employee), Calgary, ABJune 4, 2014
Pros: recognition and incentive.
Cons: long hours and constant events.
I loved working here, it was my passion. Lovely staff and customers it really was like living in a dream and getting paid. I learned that nothing is what it seems.Beautiful souls should be beautiful. soo simple and so true.I discovered many ways to bring out a persons beauty but also learned how to be better myself.Most enjoyable is I felt like family.Hardest part of the job is the corporate feel.
great staff discounts and great hours
Counter Manager (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABApril 30, 2014
coming in to work at 9 AM.
I learned how to be aggressive sales person here.
Management was never around hardly.
Co-workers socialized lots here.
Hardest part of my job was that the store had slow traffic especially in the summer.
Most enjoyable part of my job was working in a store that offered incredible products.
Amazing company
Sales Associate (Footwear) (Former Employee), Toronto OntarioApril 4, 2014
Pros: great staff, product, management, salary etc...
Cons: nothing you wouldn't have at any other job.
Holt Renfrew is often associated with a snobby staff aswell as mixed reviews on how they treat there employees.

The year I spent working with Holts was one of my favourites. Great staff, great management and an overwhelming sense of entrepreneurship. Holts is one of few companies with what I refer to as the "skies the limit" point of view. Holts gives you the basic tools and training you need to really develop a loyal clientèle.

One of few companies that actually has a pay structure that strongly encourages employees that how hard you work equals how much you make. It is a phenomenal company for someone with a passion for the fashion industry and is not scared to take those few extra steps that separates Holt Renfrew service from its competition. especially when they reward you well for your work.

If you get a chance to work for this company... take it. They will do nothing but open doors for you.

1 2 3

About Holt Renfrew

Holt Renfrew (also commonly known as Holt's) is a chain of high-end Canadian department stores. It is comparable to Barneys New – Read more