HOLSTEIN CANADA is the largest dairy breed association in Canada, serving our membership of more than 10,500 active dairy producers since 1884. With dynamic leadership and a clear vision, we are eagerly embarking on an exciting, tech-friendly future. We offer a strong team-oriented workplace, supportive leadership, and the chance for you to develop along with us.
YOU believe in the power of collaboration. You achieve results. You can read a team’s strengths and you contribute what’s missing. You have a knack for keeping projects and teams organized and energized. You enjoy connecting people, information and ideas. You have excellent planning and follow-through. You value tradition but you also know when it’s time to move forward.
In this role, YOU WILL:
- Provide planning, support and leadership to Holstein Canada’s member programs, including Young Leaders, Shows & Judging, and Cow of the Year
- Coordinate, lead and/or participate on program committees, acting as the Holstein Canada liaison
- Take responsibility for the success of programs; collect feedback and write reports; suggest improvements and new program concepts
- Plan and coordinate all aspects of large and small events related to programs (content, budgets, venues, logistics, technology, advertising, promotional, etc.)
- Write correspondence and committee minutes, book meetings, track spending, and complete other related administrative tasks
- Be a valued contributor to Holstein Canada’s Strategic Communications team goals through social media, promotions, networking and events
- Post-secondary studies in agriculture, communications, events or a related field
- 2-3 years’ work experience involving coordinating programs/projects, working with committees, and/or agriculture organizations
- Passion for and knowledge of the dairy industry
- Proficient in MS Office suite (particularly Word, Excel, Powerpoint)
- Proficiency in French, and experience in marketing dairy genetics and Canada’s Show and Judging program are distinct assets
Deadline to Apply: September 5
Indeed - 16 days ago