Our client, a national non-profit focusing on high performance sport in Canada is currently seeking a Bilingual Systems Administrator to join their dynamic sport-centric team in Montreal. Reporting to the Director Information Services, the Systems Administrator (application/network focus) plays an important role as part of a growing team that is responsible for building, maintaining, monitoring and troubleshooting the systems infrastructure and applications. Capacity planning to make sure it meets the needs of current and new customers from stability and performance perspective is a key aspect of this role.
- Participate in and support capacity planning and the development of long-term strategic goals for systems and
- Responsible for supporting network, business application, and database administration functions to implement desktop and server systems that utilize industry best practices to meet corporate objectives.
- Deploy workstations, servers, printers, scanners, firewalls and Audio-Visual equipment
- Manage all operating systems and end-user software.
- Manage communications (Email, Instant Messaging) and connection solutions, including workstation connectivity, local area networks, company intranet, and internal applications.
- Ensure the integrity and security of enterprise data on host computers, multiple databases, and during data transfer in accordance to business needs and industry best-practices regarding privacy, security, and regulatory compliance.
- Manage input/output fleet, including printers and scanners.
- Manage end user accounts, permissions, access rights, and storage allocations in accordance with best practices
- Perform network and security audits.
- Responsible for performing system backups and restores.
- Anticipate, mitigate, identify, troubleshoot, and resolve hardware and software problems on servers.
- Practice network asset management, including maintenance of network component inventory and related
- Documentation and technical specifications information
- Conduct research on emerging products, services, protocols, and standards in support of systems software.
- Support application development team throughout project lifecycles.
- Analyze system, server, application, network, and input/output device performance.
- Recommend, schedule, and perform software and hardware improvements, upgrades, patches
- Enforces security guidelines for access, passwords, and security levels.
Knowledge and Skill Required:
- As a member of the IT team, you will manage and operate a medium-sized production network across multiple locations - including Servers running Windows 2003/2008, routers, switches, firewalls, SAN
- 3+ years relevant work experience in a high availability, clustered server environment.
- Computer Science degree or equivalent experience
- Cisco Network+, Windows Servers+, CCNA, MCP, or MCSE certification(s) are a plus
- In addition to the above, provide direct operational support across all areas of the production infrastructure: servers, VMware(ESX4, ESXi5, Vsphere 5), network, SAN storage, asset and configuration management.
- Networking experience in router, switch and firewall setup, configuration and management
- Very good knowledge of Microsoft Windows Server technologies including Windows Server, Exchange, Active Directory, DNS, DHCP and Group Policy
- Experience in deploying, configuring and supporting Virtual Environments
- Broad experience in installing and supporting various application servers and packages
- Good comprehension of TCP/IP, switches, routers and IP networking
- Some experience in using SQL and Microsoft SQL Server
- Strong knowledge of local area and virtual private network administration of Site-to-Site VPNs
- Ability to program in an administrative language/script (Batch, Shell, VB).
- Hands-on software and hardware troubleshooting experience.
- Experience with data management on SQL Server and Microsoft Access Databases.
- Experience with VOIP technology.
- Experience documenting and maintaining configuration and process information.
- Excellent problem-solving, organizational skills, including be able to manage multiple tasks and tight timelines and analytical skills
- Provide excellent customer service to internal and external clients by focusing on discovering and meeting their needs and building and maintaining positive and effective working relationships
- Excellent organizational skills and multitasking skills
- Experience and formal training combined with demonstrated performance and ability may substitute for stipulated academic/experience requirements
- Bilingual English/French
$50,000 - $60,000 + Benefits
Indeed - 5 months ago