Our client, a high performing organization focused on environmental sustainability, is currently seeking a Human Resources Manager (HRM) to join their team. This individual provides assistance and leadership aimed at helping the organization achieve its objectives and acts as a strategic partner to the President and Executive Team. The ideal individual will have a set of well rounded skills, be challenge oriented, and have some exposure to a unionized manufacturing or production environment.
- Participate and oversee recruitment and selection, promotions, transfers, contract negotiation, job classification, performance evaluation, terminations and employee relations according to policies and principles.
- Remain current on existing and proposed laws, regulations and trends impacting human resources.
- Plan and provide organizational development strategy, direction, advice and counsel to the Executive Team as needed.
- Contribute to development of leadership through focused development strategies including talent and performance management.
- Perform and coordinate policy reviews and analysis, including the overall management of Human Resources.
- Perform continuous evaluation, development and execution of policies, programs and processes.
- Develop and analyze reports focusing on key HR metrics.
- Participate in ongoing personal development and continuous learning.
- Provide direction to all levels of employees for HR related issues.
- Provide guidance for change management initiatives.
- Drive corporate culture that benefits performance.
- Implement and manage compensation plans as approved by the Board of Directors.
- Analyze benefit programs and serve as primary contact with service providers.
- Supervise the administration and maintenance of payroll and employee benefit programs.
- Graduate level education in HR field preferred, or CHRP designation.
- Minimum of 8 years work experience in HR required, preferably with a mid-sized organization.
- Experience in working with unionized workforce and unions.
- Experience in a not-for-profit organization will be considered an asset.
- Demonstrate ability to lead HR core processes such as talent management, succession planning and employee relations.
- High level of critical and logical thinking, analysis, and/or reasoning to identify underlying principles, reasons, or facts.
Our client offers a very competitive and comprehensive compensation package including a base of $85-90k per annum and great benefits. This position is located in Calgary, AB.
If you are interested in joining an industry leader with a goal is to be #1 in their field in North America this may be the opportunity for you!
Indeed - 20 months ago