Ontario Long-Term Care Providers currently has an opening for a Part-Time Consulting Registered Dietitian. The Registered Dietitian is responsible for consulting on all aspects of nutritional care and home specific menu issues.
As a valued member of the team, the Registered Dietitian demonstrates a commitment to resident safety by providing quality care in accordance with the organization’s vision and mission.
RESPONSIBILITIES (But not limited to):
Plans, organizes, directs and evaluates residents’ nutritional care in collaboration with the Dietary Manager (DM)/Food Services Supervisor (FSS) and Executive Director. Determines nutritional screening/profile requirements to identify level of nutritional risk. Provides nutritional assessments, reassessments and nutritional care plans for residents at nutritional risk. Interprets and individualizes resident’s regular, modified and therapeutic diets and supplemental feedings.
Reviews menus and nutrient analysis for regular diet, current therapeutic diets and modified textures. Nutritional care policy and procedure writing, review and revisions. Participates in and makes recommendations at care reviews by providing verbal or written input or by delegation to the food service supervisor. Assessment and monitoring of tube feedings. Develops and conducts education programs for staff, volunteers and tenants. Participates in MAC/PAC.
- Graduate of an accredited Food and Nutrition University Program.
- Registered Member in good standing of the College of Dietitians of Ontario.
- Member in good standing of the Dietitians of Canada.
- Minimum one year experience in a health care setting.
- Knowledge of computerized long term care documentation programs an asset.
- Current and continued dietetic liability insurance.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
WE INVEST IN YOU:
- Continuous growth and development
- Self-fulfillment through meaningful relationships with clients
- A dynamic and supportive working environment