Under the direction of the Director of Dietary Manager, the Cook is responsible for optimal food preparation to residents and families based on legislative requirements.
- Prepare and/or be responsible for the preparation/delivery of food following therapeutic diets according to planned menus for residents, tenants, and guests
- Review menus before preparing meals and prepare and serve them properly and attractively
- Ensure use of proper food handling techniques
- Follow daily production charts, standardized recipes and daily composite menus, while working within a set budget;
- Complete all necessary documentation (food and refrigeration temperatures, date & label food properly, menu changes) as assigned
- Monitor quality of food supplies received and advise Director of Dietary Services of problems.
- Report food, supply, and equipment needs to the Director of Dietary Services. Communicate and cooperate with residents and their families;
- May participate in resident care conferences and progress reviews;
- Attend Resident Food Committee meetings as requested;
Successful candidates will possess the following:
- Successful completion of a minimum 1 year program in Food Preparation/Chef Training or Culinary Arts from an Accredited College and/or must hold Real Seal issued by the Ministry of Training, Colleges and Universities;
- Up to date certification in the Food Safety Awareness Program offered by Public Health;
- Experience in large quantity food preparation, preferably in health care or long term care setting
- Ability to read, write and accurately follow written and verbal instructions. Basic computer skills are required
- Previous knowledge of the Ontario Food Premises Regulation, Food Safety Code of Practice
- Working knowledge of special and therapeutic diets
- Ability to work and communicate effectively with residents of a LTC home
- Leadership ability and be able to direct the dietary department in the absence of the Director of Dietary Services and the Chef.
Only suitable applicants will be contacted.
Holland Christian Homes is a Christian home for seniors. We provide independent living in apartments, assisted living and two long term...