Competition #: 13-160
Posting Date: October 24, 2013
Closing Date: November 8, 2013
TITLE: Pharmacy Technician
STATUS: Regular Full Time
SALARY: Min Rate: $24.52/hr to Job Rate: $27.84/hr
Holland Bloorview Kids Rehabilitation Hospital is Canada’s largest children’s rehabilitation hospital. Chosen as one of Greater Toronto’s Top Employers 2013 by the Globe and Mail, Holland Bloorview is a unique and exceptional place to work. We pioneer treatments, technologies, therapies and real-world programs that give children with disabilities the tools to participate fully in life.
- Provides safe and efficient unit dose drug distribution services, in collaboration with the clinical pharmacists and other healthcare professionals (cart fills, leave of absences, etc.)
- Repackages solid and liquid unit doses, including narcotic, controlled, and hazardous drugs
- Maintains medications stocked in client care areas, including ward stock, night cart, and emergency carts
- Prepares specialized extemporaneous preparations of different dosage forms essential to pediatric practice as per established formulas
- Performs all duties related to procurement of pharmaceuticals, including purchasing, inventory management, and returns or destruction
- Documents daily/monthly workload statistics
- Contributes to the training and ongoing support of Pharmacy Technician Students, as required
- Provides administrative support to the department and participates in departmental projects
- Participates in the medication reconciliation process, and other patient safety initiatives
- Participates in quality improvement activities to ensure the maintenance of a safe and healthy work environment.
- Completion of a recognized college level Pharmacy Technician Program
- Registered Pharmacy Technician as per Ontario College of Pharmacists, or working towards becoming a regulated pharmacy technician within required completion timeframes
- Hospital experience with a computerized unit dose drug distribution service preferred
- Excellent communication (verbal/written) and interpersonal skills coupled with a strong customer service orientation
- Demonstrated ability to work both independently, and in a team environment.
- Proficiency in the use of computer applications with an emphasis on Pharmacy-related programs and technology (i.e. Meditech)
- Models behaviour that is aligned with the values of Holland Bloorview Kids Rehabilitation Hospital: Caring, Client and Family-centered care, Excellence, Innovation, Partnership, and Respect
- Demonstrated ability to organize time, set priorities and meet deadlines, while maintaining high quality and accurate work
All interested candidates are invited to submit their application on line by visiting: http://www.hollandbloorview.ca/careers/currentopenings/index.php
In order to be considered, candidates must apply through our career centre (link above). Please do not click the Apply button on the Indeed site.
Indeed - 5 months ago
Holland Bloorview Kids Rehabilitation Hospital is Canada’s largest children’s rehabilitation hospital, fully affiliated with the...