Competition #: 13-160
Posting Date: October 24, 2013
Closing Date: November 8, 2013
TITLE: Pharmacy Technician
STATUS: Regular Full Time
SALARY: Min Rate: $24.52/hr to Job Rate: $27.84/hr
Holland Bloorview Kids Rehabilitation Hospital is Canada’s largest children’s rehabilitation hospital. Chosen as one of Greater Toronto’s Top Employers 2013 by the Globe and Mail, Holland Bloorview is a unique and exceptional place to work. We pioneer treatments, technologies, therapies and real-world programs that give children with disabilities the tools to participate fully in life.
- Provides safe and efficient unit dose drug distribution services, in collaboration with the clinical pharmacists and other healthcare professionals (cart fills, leave of absences, etc.)
- Repackages solid and liquid unit doses, including narcotic, controlled, and hazardous drugs
- Maintains medications stocked in client care areas, including ward stock, night cart, and emergency carts
- Prepares specialized extemporaneous preparations of different dosage forms essential to pediatric practice as per established formulas
- Performs all duties related to procurement of pharmaceuticals, including purchasing, inventory management, and returns or destruction
- Documents daily/monthly workload statistics
- Contributes to the training and ongoing support of Pharmacy Technician Students, as required
- Provides administrative support to the department and participates in departmental projects
- Participates in the medication reconciliation process, and other patient safety initiatives
- Participates in quality improvement activities to ensure the maintenance of a safe and healthy work environment.
- Completion of a recognized college level Pharmacy Technician Program
- Registered Pharmacy Technician as per Ontario College of Pharmacists, or working towards becoming a regulated pharmacy technician within required completion timeframes
- Hospital experience with a computerized unit dose drug distribution service preferred
- Excellent communication (verbal/written) and interpersonal skills coupled with a strong customer service orientation
- Demonstrated ability to work both independently, and in a team environment.
- Proficiency in the use of computer applications with an emphasis on Pharmacy-related programs and technology (i.e. Meditech)
- Models behaviour that is aligned with the values of Holland Bloorview Kids Rehabilitation Hospital: Caring, Client and Family-centered care, Excellence, Innovation, Partnership, and Respect
- Demonstrated ability to organize time, set priorities and meet deadlines, while maintaining high quality and accurate work
All interested candidates are invited to submit their application on line by visiting: http://www.hollandbloorview.ca/careers/currentopenings/index.php
In order to be considered, candidates must apply through our career centre (link above). Please do not click the Apply button on the Indeed site.
Holland Bloorview Kids Rehabilitation Hospital is Canada’s largest children’s rehabilitation hospital, fully affiliated with the...