Holland America Line Employee Reviews

N/a
Bar Attendant (Former Employee) –  Cruiseship24 July 2017
im am not happy to work with holland america line..i dont get enough salary with holland america line..and they racial discrimination regarding asian.
good management
Laundy attendant (Former Employee) –  on the ship29 May 2017
Easy to rehire but the salary is too small especially for Laundry and Housekeeper, most of the employer are indonesian so the working environment is joyfull
Pros
free lunch
Cons
salary is not fair
Great company to work for
Guest Services Representative (Former Employee) –  Whitehorse, YT7 December 2015
I really enjoyed the three years I spend with the company. The management is great and the job itself was as advertised.

Co-workers were great, all did their job fanstastic and had great customer service.

Employees come back year after year which is great to see.

My typical day was start work at 7am, greet guests as I arrived to the sales office. As coaches loaded to leave for their next destination I would thank all guests for visiting. Next few hours guests who are staying multiple nights would come into the office and purchase tours or get information on things to see in the city. Greet new coaches and do it all again.
Pros
Employee Retention Strategy, Co-workers, Location
Cons
Location, seasonal work
Nice port of call
Chief Steward (Former Employee) –  Cruise Ship26 September 2015
We can travel around the world. you can meet different people from around the world. food is delicious. But i want to work together with my family.
Productive and safe workplace
International Concierge - Guests Relations (Former Employee) –  International27 August 2015
The company respects and recognizes the employees of different nationalities in regards to religion, culture and food.
Great Experience, HUGE commitment
Performer (Former Employee) –  Alaska and the Caribbean.31 December 2014
I loved my contracts working with HAL. I got to travel and do what I loved and get paid for it. The trade off was that I lived in a room smaller than your refrigerator for 9 months straight with no windows and terrible internet.
Pros
Free Food, Free Rent, Free Travel, Great Job
Cons
Basically living in a boarding school when you're practically 30 is degrading.
productive and fun to work with
Bartender/Server (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, Canada2 January 2014
A good example of high standard luxury floating hotel. Great crew and standard as well. A good company to work with and the company will train you well to become a good and productive staff of the ship
Pros
free food
Cons
Excellent workplace but far away from my family
Storekeeper / Inventory Specialist (Current Employee) –  Onboard ships fleet wide4 July 2012
I'm always in the sea and far from my family when working with Holland America Line. I always miss my family. I want to work in landbase shipbuilding facility in Halifax Dartmouth as there is a chance for me to bring my family with me and live in Canada. I've learned capitalized store management and excellent approach to inventory and material control. The management of Holland America is excellent and my co-workers are professional. The hardest part working with Holland America Line is being far from far away from my family. The most enjoyable part with Holland America are the co-workers during crew parties.
Pros
holland america line - safety and environmental management system)
Cons
very limited carreer advancement - promotion