Holland America Line

Holland America Line Employee Reviews in Canada

• Salary/Benefits
Productive and safe workplace
International Concierge - Guests Relations (Former Employee), InternationalAugust 27, 2015
The company respects and recognizes the employees of different nationalities in regards to religion, culture and food.
Nice port of call
Chief Steward (Former Employee), Cruise ShipSeptember 26, 2015
We can travel around the world. you can meet different people from around the world. food is delicious. But i want to work together with my family.
Excellent workplace but far away from my family
Storekeeper / Inventory Specialist (Current Employee), Onboard ships fleet wideJuly 4, 2012
Pros: holland america line - safety and environmental management system)
Cons: very limited carreer advancement - promotion
I'm always in the sea and far from my family when working with Holland America Line. I always miss my family. I want to work in landbase shipbuilding facility in Halifax Dartmouth as there is a chance for me to bring my family with me and live in Canada. I've learned capitalized store management and excellent approach to inventory and material control. The management of Holland America is excellent and my co-workers are professional. The hardest part working with Holland America Line is being far from far away from my family. The most enjoyable part with Holland America are the co-workers during crew parties.
Great Experience, HUGE commitment
Performer (Former Employee), Alaska and the Caribbean.December 31, 2014
Pros: free food, free rent, free travel, great job
Cons: basically living in a boarding school when you're practically 30 is degrading.
I loved my contracts working with HAL. I got to travel and do what I loved and get paid for it. The trade off was that I lived in a room smaller than your refrigerator for 9 months straight with no windows and terrible internet.
productive and fun to work with
Bartender/Server (Former Employee), Vancouver, CanadaJanuary 2, 2014
Pros: free food
Cons: long hours
A good example of high standard luxury floating hotel. Great crew and standard as well. A good company to work with and the company will train you well to become a good and productive staff of the ship