Holiday Inn Employee Reviews in Canada

Looks Great... on the surface
Night Auditor (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ONMay 28, 2015
The wages and benefits are very good, if you qualify for full time but the management there needs works. There is absolutely no accountability for the multitudes of people who do not perform their jobs which leaves the few good employees frustrated. The under performing employees stay for 5, 10, or 15 years while the good ones quickly leave. There is a culture of doing as little as possible there and mangement does nothing about it. Apply here only if you are willing to end every day frustrated with your co workers or are also lazy.
Pros
flexible schedules, food and room discounts
Cons
management does not do their jobs, culture of laziness
Productive fun workplace
BARTENDER/ MANAGER (Current Employee) –  Sherwood Park, ABMay 13, 2015
A typical day at work for me was I started at 3pm and ended around 11pm. I was a bartender and also a bar manager. I really liked working with the team we had working, we all got along great. The hardest part of my job was trying to get as many hours as I needed. The most enjoyable part of my job was serving and talking to my customers. working in a hotel gave me the opportunity to meet a lot of different people. i enjoyed my job a lot.
Pros
Working with the excellent people I worked with.
Cons
I was a manger yet they would not give me a raise.
Great Environment to work
Night Auditor Front Office (Current Employee) –  Drayton Valley, ABMay 6, 2015
All the staff are very helpful and friendly, Co-workers make fun always.Management are very helpful. Most enjoyable part to provide warm service to our valued guest.
Fun yet serious, steady work environment
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  CourtenayApril 22, 2015
I was responsible for doing basic, yet detailed housekeeping. I learned tricks to work quicker, thus being more productive. I had a good boss and friendly co-workers. The hardest part of the job was learning the proper way to do things because each person had a different technique. The most enjoyable part of the job was helping my co-workers after I finished my work.
Pros
Own lunch time
Cons
Unpredictable hours
a typical day at work
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Surrey, BCApril 22, 2015
Hi, I started my work at 9 am and I got 10 check out rooms and 5 stay rooms to clean. Surprisingly enough, out of 5 , 4 rooms got checked out because guests decided to leave for some reason. In total I had to clean 14 check out rooms. Moreover, all of the rooms were required to be cleaned by 2 pm because front desk agent booked those rooms for guests.
On that day , I had no chance to take a break.
Thank You.
Pros
More hours & words of appreciation
n/a
Senior Guest Services Agent (Current Employee) –  Fron DeskApril 11, 2015
Its a very good company to work for. The environment is very friendly and welcoming. I have been working here for almost 4 years and its always a pleasant experience working at The Holiday Inn Express.
helped building good customer service and team work skills.
Front Desk Agent (Current Employee) –  Kamloops, BCApril 9, 2015
• Process guest arrivals and departures, including all necessary payments and provision of transportation services.
• Delivered an enhanced customer experience and created a good impression by greeting and engaging customers in a range of service and informational conversations.
• Respond to customer issues and ensured customer problems are handled appropriately, escalating issues when necessary.
• Communicate with all hotel departments efficiently and oversaw all guest registrations.
Excellent place to work!
Hotel Controller (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ONApril 2, 2015
The Holiday Inn is a fun place to work with great people and never a dull moment. I would recommend this workplace to anyone looking to aspire in the hospitality industry.
Its a job.
Housekeeping Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Huntsville, ONApril 1, 2015
The Holiday Inn is ok place to work if you like hard work and do not care if you work all weekends. Wages are not competitive if you are a long time employee. They do have medical benefits and do reward with small bonuses on occasion.
Fast pace work enironment
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Fort Erie, ONMarch 30, 2015
Great place to work everyone was very considerate and nice. Worked hard there and had allot of rooms to do in a day but it was good.
Careful what you get into.
Front Desk Agent (Current Employee) –  Calgary, ABMarch 27, 2015
Great place great co-workers. But I disliked the GM, He just rubbed off on me as kinda shady. But all suits make me feel that way haha. Plus the shifts are kinda ridiculous sometimes, and what I mean is it jumps around and your shifts change after being posted. You might even be called in to cover. But worst of all is sometimes you'll have to pull a back to back shift (12 hours from when you get off till your next shift starts) or split shifts too.

make/cancel reservations for guests
count floats (tills and vaults)
make sure all reservations for the day are ready
make sure the rooms are ready for guests by phone or computer
check for traces (pet room, breakfast included, crib in room, ect)
fix errors
change rates
Pros
Pool and hot tub, discounted rooms and food.
Cons
hours, shifts
Front Desk Agent (Former Employee) –  Nisku, ABMarch 26, 2015
My typical day was checking guests in and out. Doing paper work on who was in what room and how long there stay was. Also giving them the suite or type of room they wanted. Met all customers needs.I really enjoy working around people and getting to know my co-workers.
My daily work
Accounts Payable (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONMarch 22, 2015
Procedures to processes all invoices, purchase orders; reconcile credit card statements and vendors accounts; maintain the general ledger; Analyzing expenses when necessary and report to controller.
Best job I have ever had
Guest Service Agent (Current Employee) –  Fort St John, BCMarch 18, 2015
First off, MANAGEMENT is outstanding. I have never worked with a better group of managers and co-workers.
Guest services has taught me so much about understanding people, interacting with people, making people feel cared about/warm/welcome/safe, and most of all has taught me to have thick skin.
The most enjoyable part of the job is the look on a guests face when you remember their name, room preference, etc. It is so rewarding to light up their face in this way.
Great learning enviroment with great people.
Guest Service Representative/Manager on Duty (Current Employee) –  Barrie, ONMarch 12, 2015
The General Manager is always willing to train on anything you would like to learn. Staff in all departments get along well. Small hotel where the staff really feels like a second family.
good interpersonal relationship
House Keeper (Former Employee) –  Toronto ONMarch 7, 2015
i enjoyed every aspect of the job. Management team was excellent. I learned a lot as regard to speed and accuracy and safe cleaning products
Pros
good interpersonal relationship
Active
Senior front desk receptionist (Former Employee) –  CalgaryMarch 6, 2015
A fun busy active place that challenged my multitasking and diplomatic skills dealing with day to day activities and various tasks
Watching, and learning from a Superstar
Guest Services Representative and Night Audit (Current Employee) –  Kingston, ONMarch 3, 2015
The Front Office manager at the time I was hired was a great mentor and manager. She was impressive the way she handled herself and was smooth, polite with not just guests but co-workers in other departments.
Pros
welcoming our regular corporate guests on weekly and/or monthly basics, welcoming new guests with a smile, meeting new people from around the world, and educating guests on our ihg rewards club and of course the great hotel itself!
Cons
shift hours, work/ life balance
Fantastic
Guest Services Agent (Current Employee) –  Golden BCFebruary 26, 2015
I work 8 hours a day, 5 days a week and everyday is a learning experience for me because I interact with people.

Most of the time I work on my own when its slow season.

My co-workers are great to work with. No dramas at all and I guess everyone is happy with the job.

Newest hotel in town

Great boss
Pros
free coffee
Cons
no benefits except employee discounts at any ihg property
Great
Housekeeping Room Attendant (Former Employee) –  Barrie, ONFebruary 25, 2015
Great Place To Work, Although When I Got Injured And Could Not Come In To Work For A Couple Weeks They Let Me Go Pretty Fast.
You Clean Rooms For A Living, Not To Shabby