Holiday Inn Employee Reviews

Good place to work, when proper amount of workers are working
Laundry Room Attendant (Former Employee) –  Red Deer, AB4 December 2015
Most days are good, some can be so busy that we should have had more people on. Learn to adjust to the managements way of doing things. Most coworkers were great. The hardest part was to try and do the work of two people on a busy day. I really like my job
Pros
Kept you busy, day went fast
Cons
Some days to busy for one person
Productive and fun workplace
Housekeeper/Laundry/Breakfast/Front Desk (Current Employee) –  Dryden, ON27 November 2015
I work mornings/evenings and sometimes the grave yard shift- The staff is very friendly- I have upgraded my computer skills while working at holiday inn - down fall of this job is there is no benefits and lots of miscommunication
Good work place
Houseman (Current Employee) –  Canmore, AB22 November 2015
Fun work place with supportive management but it is low rate.
It is good work place when you start to work at hotel and you have many experience of hotel work? It would be not so good place to work.
boring and mundane
Customer Service/ Associate Team Leader (Former Employee) –  tim hortons19 November 2015
same thing in and out
treat employees like garbage
force overtime
short hours on pay checks
horrible benefits
no staff appreciation
great place
Laundry Attendant (Former Employee) –  Sarnia, ON19 November 2015
I spent 5 years working here
great people
lots to do to keep busy
treat their staff great
holiday Christmas party was always fun.
socializing with people dancingstop being happy
Cleanig- house keeoing (Former Employee) –  Saint John, NB17 November 2015
I love to my job and then when I was finished I would hope someone elseI seem to get along with most people They told me I could come back to work there But that type of work is too hard on me would like the opportunity to come to be employed by your company
Cons
Some days busyer then that theres so I could vary between 6 7 to 8 time hours
Professional
Front Desk Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Charlottetown, PE30 October 2015
This was probably my favorite job, very fun but very professional. They take pride in their property and also their loyalty program. I have grown from this job. The hardest part of the job would be hockey teams those weekends were stressful but as a team we got through it. Every hotel probably understands where I am coming from, the most enjoyable part was getting to meet people from all over the world, learning a lot of things that will help me with my career in the future.
Pros
Excellent team
Cons
Hockey teams
Housekeeper
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Barrie, ON22 October 2015
I had alot of fun working here, not just because the people at the time were fun, but in a way you get your freedom while cleaning each room.
Some days are crazy (ie. after any holiday) but its still a great place to work.
very disorganized and not a secure job
Food and Beverage manager (Current Employee) –  the Bistro 210015 October 2015
-The owner involve in every Decision makes it hard to work and annoying
-The owner doesn't want to spent any money to improve any thing
- the turn over of staff is very high
Awful
Front Desk Agent (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB13 October 2015
I would never ever ever work for this individual property again.

The general manager treated her employees like unprofessionally and also treated hotel staff the same way.

The general manager does not keep staff.
great co workers
Building Maintenance Worker (Former Employee) –  airport12 October 2015
good place to work a bit out of the way the other employees were great to work with the job is unstable and lay offs are guaranteed the owners really have no idea how great there workers are
Pros
great work
Cons
unstable work
Every day was unique and offered new challenges
Catering Manager (Former Employee) –  North Vancouver BC7 October 2015
I really enjoyed my position as Catering Manager and looked forward to coming to work each day. There were always new clients with different requirements, such as corporate meetings and weddings and social/holiday events. I enjoyed creating long term working relationships with many clients and receiving kudos for a well organized event.
The one thing I really learned was how to listen and when to offer my advice, while always keeping the budget and sales projections in mind. I learned how to tactfully "upsell" to generate more revenue for the company. I enjoyed being an integral part of a productive team with my co-workers in other hotel departments, as well as leading my own staff on the catering team.
Catering events come with its own unique challenges, and I learned to become very resourceful to overcome these challenges.
I loved every aspect of the job, but I think the hardest challenge would be negotiating with clients who pushed too hard for better deals - even after the event was over! I never lost a client over this challenge however and everyone was happy in the end.
I left the position because an opportunity came up to go back to school to obtain my ECE certificate to work in a daycare with children.
Pros
Lots of autonomy with leadership opportunities, personal satisfaction in being responsible for a succesful event.
Cons
No more room to grow and advance
Good work environment
Front Desk representative (Former Employee) –  leduc5 October 2015
A very nice to place to work at with exceptional management that makes the work place feel comfortable and safe. It provided me with great knowledge about customer service that I will carry on for the rest of my life.
working environment
Front Desk Agent/Night Auditor (Current Employee) –  Barrie, ON4 October 2015
staff need to pay for the meal, and only can have 1 meal per shift
sometime chief is not pay attention to staff meal

management team is nice and always willing to teach you.
some of the co-workers are not friendly enough.
Pros
food always too much
Cons
staff meal not free
great place
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Victoria, BC3 October 2015
Amazing work place. Great staff. Amazing management, High paced work force, Enjoyed the fast pace. Cleaning and efficiant. All around happy and great energy place to work.
Pros
Amazing staff
Cons
Not enough staff
Great!!
Housekeeping Supervisor (Current Employee) –  montreal qc1 October 2015
I decided to enter the housekeeping supervisor position for my stage to complete my diploma seeing that i am able to experience something different. It was a great experience for me because i had the chance to meet interesting people around the world and builed a great team. I like the fact that i was able to manage a team with different departments such as the maintenance to make sure our rooms were up to par, the receptionist so are customers are happy with their stay. Making sure my ladies have their equipments to work with and helping them at all times because 14 rooms a day is enough. Yes! of course Inspecting the rooms and making sure the rooms are well clean, the apparence is well apon arrival.
The best of all i like to see that in the end we work hard as a team when there is no dirty rooms left.
Pros
you dont have the time to look at the time
Cons
having dirty rooms left over
Never working here again
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Alliance OH25 September 2015
I will not work at a holiday inn again. I was on housekeeping and we were treated like trash. The manager pretty much tried to control our lives.
A good place to work and be able to have a life at home as well
PRODUCT DEVELOPMENT - Backpack Division (Former Employee) –  Montreal/Quebec21 September 2015
Holiday is a great company to work. A great atmosphere with very little stress. Very young staff and managers so it was easy to evolve and introduce new technology and different ideas.
Pros
close to home
Cons
no place to grow
good for a students who doesn't have bills to pay
Banquet and Wedding Server (Current Employee) –  Barrie, ON11 September 2015
preparing for weddings or events the day of, serving food, clearing and cleaning.

fast-paced, co-workers not terrible, management not terrible, work until 2:30am on weekends, free lunches.
Pros
Free lunches
fun work place
front desk (Current Employee) –  bonnyville ab7 September 2015
I have worked at holiday inn for about a year now and have enjoyed everything about it I love working front desk the staff I work with is great and we get to meet all different kinds of people that stay with us we try to make our guest feel like they are at home here cause most of our guest stay with us for more then 6 months and we like to treat them as if they were family and try to entertain them as much as we can since bonnyville is a very small town and there's not a lot to do out here. i be very sad to leave this job but there is just not a lot happening right now here due to the oil field being down
Pros
we all work well as a team and treat everyone here like family
Cons
sometimes dealing with short staff