Holiday Inn Employee Reviews

Amazing place with great people
Server/Bartender (Former Employee) –  Oakville, ON14 March 2017
I enjoy working at the Holiday Inn, I anticipate work each day as I am able to meet new people and be myself. I continue to push myself as I learn new activities each day, not only is the management amazing but my coworkers as well. I hope to keep this job in the long run.
Pros
Free breakfast
Cons
Not enough hours
I had met many people there and enjoyed talking with them
Chamber Maid (Former Employee) –  Gananoque, ON12 March 2017
The owners did their best to accommodate my work schedule and needs and the travelers were nice to talk with and I learned many things about many cultures.
Unproductive work environment
Guest Service Agent/Night Auditor (Former Employee) –  Belleville, ON10 March 2017
Enjoyable only because of the wonderful guests you get to meet from worldwide diverse backgrounds. I would not recommend this location to anyone looking for a career in the hospitality industry.
sale
kitchen (Former Employee) –  Dartmouth, NS8 March 2017
the current property was up for sale which ment uneasiness within management and failure by the company to maintain morel and cosmetics f
Fun but repetative
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Brockville, ON6 March 2017
i enjoyed working here although i have a bad back due to injury and bending down making beds and cleaning floors got hard and painful so if you have a sore back this job isn't for you
Pros
not too long of days
Cons
work alone
Good Quality Hotel, nice place to work
Executive Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Sherwood Park, AB5 March 2017
Try to fulfil all my responsibilities and enjoy my self doing. guest experience relation while I was working in Holiday inn, having a high quality score during the inspection, always passing in Alberta hotel association award, every year while i was working there, manage a staff every single day of working.
Pros
Passing inspection
Cons
long hard work
Good Place to Work
Revenue Manager / Operations Manager (Current Employee) –  North York, ON2 March 2017
Good Place to Work. Lot of things to learn everyday. Meet and Greet different people everyday. Resolves different types of guest issues daily. Most challenging part was to sometimes deal with the unionized Staff.
Customer Service
Guest Services Agent (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON28 February 2017
Check in/out

Greeted Guests

Assisted with rooms

contributed with arrangement of big group check ins

handle money and credit cards

answered phone calls
Excellent company with great staff
Bartender/Waiter (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB25 February 2017
Steady work pace with great customers that appreciate everything you do for them.
I learned how to deal with tough situations and handle the Bar with no supervision
Excellent management very welcoming and carrying.
Pros
Great management
Cons
Short hours
Negative workplace with much to be desired
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Courtenay, BC22 February 2017
Negative workplace with much to be desired. Not recommended as a place to work. The pay was tiny and the hours were non existent. Nice building but management is based on the manager giving hours to her own family.
Pros
Cons
All bad
Very Informative and great Job to experience!
Front Desk Agent (Former Employee) –  Canmore, AB16 February 2017
Great stepping stone within career path. I didn't enjoy as much as other jobs however I learned many different attributes in regards to working life. Customer Service, courteous awareness, computer skills, and much more! I learned so much in so little time its unbelievable, I would recommend to anybody anyday!
Pros
Very Informative, Life long lessons!
Cons
Sometimes very slow!
Not the best employer
Front Desk Agent (Former Employee) –  North Bay, ON15 February 2017
I wouldn't suggest anyone apply here unless they enjoy being demoralized and constantly scrutinized for minor things. Management has half a clue of what they need to be doing on a daily basis.
Pros
Unionized
Cons
Management, Hours, Scheduling, Atmosphere
great place to work
Waitress (Former Employee) –  Dartmouth, NS7 February 2017
enjoyed my experience with this company, customers were great management were great staff were great.it was great place to work.
Pros
close by
Cons
I was the youngest at the time
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Regina, SK7 February 2017
My Aunt use to be the supervisor there, it was a fun place , i liked it because i got to hang out with adults all day lol no but it was a great job, if only i wasnt too much of a child and stayed there
good place to work.
Full time employment filling (Current Employee) –  Hinton, AB7 February 2017
fun place to work. fast passed work ethic and an easy to approach management . they offer a 50% meal discount when you are working and 15% off when you are not working. just not enough hours.
Enjoyable Environment to work in.
Duty Manager/Night Auditor/Front Desk (Current Employee) –  St. John's, NL6 February 2017
A typical day at work is very fast paced and people orientated! In this job I get to meet lots of people from around the world whether it be for business or pleasure, new guests, or ones who have been coming for years, its always enjoyable to hear interesting stories and get to know people and give them the best experience possible with our business. I also get to do lots of paper work and balancing of accounts, data entry and end of day reports. There can be a heavy work load at times but can always be made manageable to be completed on time. The hardest part of my job is problem solving, I always have to be fixing problems whether it be via accounts and paper work or dealing with guest issues and complaints. The most enjoyable part of my job is being able to fix those problems and leave my manager and guests happy with the outcome and way it was resolved, to me there is no better feeling then doing the job right the first time and to the best of my ability.
Pros
Friendly enjoyable work environment.
Cons
Dealing with complaints and issues on a daily basis.
house keeper laudry
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Fort Saskatchewan, AB4 February 2017
i enjoy my job work with lady keep going job my boss training me i was work with lady few girl i had moving moved look for job housekeeping two year
Checking room doing schedule irdering
Assistant excecutive housekeeping (Current Employee) –  River port Richmond26 January 2017
Doing schedule ordering ,every morning doing papers works for the girls ,scheduling ,sometimes helping all the girls to clean the rooms ,checking the rooms before the new guest coming
Pros
Free phone for me
Cons
8 to 10 hours
Fun and knowledgable experience
Maintenance Manager (Former Employee) –  Calgary, Canada23 January 2017
Workplace and culture was great. We treat each other as a family. The hardest part was, because I am the only person as maintenance, I have to do it all as much as possible as I can. I sometimes work even during my rest day specially those times of Snow and it's cold and the heater is not working and or other stuff that needs fixing.

I enjoyed most of my working experience with Holiday Inn Suites. I was able to manage not just my time and expertise but I was able to work with other nationality and climate.

I learned and passed Pool and Spa operator, I also had a certificate as preventive maintenance and it's all because the company allowed and make sure that we maintain standards in the hotel.
Pros
Free breakfast
Cons
weather- when snowing...so cold
Good work place
Housekeeping Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB22 January 2017
My experience working there was very good.
Friendly atmosphere among employees.
The most enjoyable part of the job was working with great people who were hard working, loyal, trustworthy.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Holiday Inn. Our community is ready to answer.