Holiday Inn

Holiday Inn Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
A Great Place To Work
Human Resource Coordinator (Current Employee), Toronto, ONOctober 15, 2012
Amazing culture with room to grow that is fostered by all senior management.
Great hotel, swimming pool.
Housekeeper (Former Employee), Hinton, ABSeptember 25, 2012
Pros: free breakfast and lunch.
Cons: some short hours.
I thought this place, was a really good place to work at, the people are very friendly.
kitchen well maintained
Chef (Former Employee), NLSeptember 15, 2012
Pros: located in home town
Cons: unionised
Nice kitchen , high turnover rate of employees including managers
Buisy and fun
Waitress/ bus girl (Former Employee), Calgary, ABSeptember 11, 2012
Pros: family
Cons: some very early mornings
I started working with my grandmother and mom at this hotel, the gentalmen that owned it was a family man and had no problem with this. I use to dress up as mrs. Clause, the Easter bunny and one year a clown for those special occasions. This job taught me a lot about a good work ethic and how to deal with customers.
Fast paced environment
Chambermaid (Former Employee), Ottawa, ONAugust 31, 2012
When I worked for the Holiday Inn,I enjoyed it very much probably because they gave you a list of what you had to do and you would complete it.
Involved in a lot of energy saving programmes
CHIEF ENGINEER (Former Employee), Holiday Inn Express in Dubai United Arab EmiratesAugust 19, 2012
Pros: reputed company
Cons: had to work long hours
Attending to urgent repair works.Planning for new projects.Regular preventive maintenance program.Was part of the management.Co workers were good.Hardest part was to receive materials required for the repair jobs on time.The most enjoyable part was the satisfaction achieved after showing the results of savings etc.
I loved working for them
Janitorial Assistant (Former Employee), Kenora, ONAugust 8, 2012
Because of my personality ,They found me other jobs instead of letting me go .They only reason I left that place of emploment was that I got married and moved to BC.
fast paced full of laughs
room attendant (Former Employee), Comox ValleyAugust 7, 2012
Pros: early mornings
Cons: finding linens
a typical day started at 8 am, stocking my cart, then doing some streches with everyone, and then getting our task sheets, if we were teamed up with someone or alone.
the hardest part of the job was having enough linens! lots of hunting for sheets!
the most enjoyable was the actual cleaning of the room, the Sparkle system they had in place was really – more... great, and i liked the routine of how each room was done, step by step. made my job a lot easier.
my boss was pretty great too, full of laughs and always did her best. – less
a good place for training
House Keeping (Former Employee), Manila, PhilippinesJuly 22, 2012
Pros: on the job training
Cons: no salary
Cleaning rooms and other areas of the hotel and make sure that everything is in proper order.
did not enjoy working here
Front desk Agent / Reservations (Former Employee), Calgary, ABJune 1, 2012
Was not a good work experience here, I liked the work however, when they found out I was pregnant they reduced my hours
People are friendly
Maintenance technician (Former Employee), Gatineau, QuĂ©becMay 19, 2012
Pros: free lunch
Cons: no overtime
Co-workers are helpful
People are happly
People are loyal
Have fun
Great people to work with. Like to have fun but get the job done.
Executive Housekeeper (Current Employee), Huntsville, ONMay 5, 2012
Pros: can make my own hours as long as the job gets done, teamwork
Cons: mostly long hours in the high season, can be very physically and mentally exhausting.
A typical day can be very long for managers. Anywhere from 8 to 12 hours a day is required to get the job done when occupancy is high.
GM sometimes holds the process up by not getting back to the managers in a timely manner.
The hardest part of the job is the physical aspect of the job.....can take alot out of you.
The most enjoyable part of the job – more... is seeing the end result of our work and keeping the hotel up to standards that the guests expect and seeing the team work together and enjoy a laugh or two. – less
hard work job but its a nice environment
Housekeeping (Current Employee), downtown edmonton alberta,canadaApril 19, 2012
Pros: nice people
Cons: shortage of personnel
it's a very hardjob need hardwork eberytime its nice that my co-worker are very nice
laid back place to work
Guest Services (Former Employee), Greenville, SCJuly 22, 2014
Pros: room discounts
Cons: no health benefits and only part time.
cleaned all major areas and cleaned and set up meetings for all types of events. I learned how to exceed customer expectations and to be very detail oriented. The management are very hard working, nice, and helpful. co- workers are laid back and good people. The job is easy. The most enjoyable is environment.
Chief Maintenance Engineer (Former Employee), Oklahoma CityJuly 22, 2014
Great atmosphere, good people to work with, clean. Staff was very easy to get along with. Working relations were super.
A hotel similar to mosts
Human Resources Manager (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZJuly 22, 2014
Pros: free lunch, great health benefits
This hotel had a remodel and looks fantastic. There are some things in all the departments that I'm sure could improve, but from my understanding it's doing great. People were nice to me, and the staff were great.
productive
assisting chefs (Former Employee), Birmingham, ENGJuly 22, 2014
Pros: free lunch
Cons: long hours
my typical work day would involve me hellping chefs around the kitchen and cooking meals
Awesome people and great place to work
Food and Beverage Agent (Former Employee), Northampton, ENGJuly 22, 2014
Pros: free lunches
Cons: no cons
Great place to work , love my team and my management. I did enjoy to work there.
Productive Workplace
Part-time Breakfast Assistant (Current Employee), Watford, ENGJuly 21, 2014
Pros: breakfast is sorted
Cons: just part-time
I work here as a Breakfast- assistant, and my duties involve cooking of bread rolls, pastries, croissants and other hot food, Replenishing of buffet food items such as scrambled eggs, beans and sausages, cleaning all tables, chairs, hot holding stations, buffet counters, coffee machine, juice machine daily after breakfast service and tidying and cleaning – more... of kitchen on a daily basis including mopping of floor. What I learn working here is how to work quick and efficiently especially during busy times. My fellow colleagues there are very friendly and nice to have around. I really enjoy working here and it's a nice place to work to. – less
A very fun place to work in you get to deal with different kind of people.
Housekeeper (Former Employee), Brownsville, TxJuly 21, 2014
A typical day at work for me was actually exciting because when you do something in a good mood and think positive everything seems fine. Even if the job was somewhat tiring I really enjoyed working for this company I don't regret nothing I learned a lot. I am know seeking to better myself that is why I am looking for a medical assistant job or something – more... related. – less

About Holiday Inn

John Q. Hammons Hotels & Resorts has several rooms with a view. The hotel development company owns and operates approximately – Read more