Holiday Inn Employee Reviews

hectic but fun and exctiting
Guest Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB27 May 2013
While working at Holiday Inn, I learned so much. In a typical day, I got the chance to meet people from all over the world. I learned about customer service, what needs to be done to keep guests happy and how to deal with the public in a professional manner. Management was one of the pros in the job because they are extremely understanding and know that sometimes life happens and accommodated it to the best of their abilities. The hardest part of the job is dealing with difficult customers but all that negative energy was taken away by the staff and management. they never pressured me to deal with anything i felt uncomfortable about and were again, very understanding.
Pros
the staff, helping others and meeting new people
Enjoyable but not enough Hours
F&B SUPERVISOR (Former Employee) –  Kingston, ON7 July 2016
The job is simple and the people are nice. The work hours are based on sales. If groups don't book, you don't work. Hard to make a living.
excellent
cleaner (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON15 October 2014
Housekeepers at Holiday Inn clean and organize rooms and corridors in a timely and effective manner. Specific duties include cleaning rooms by category priority, using proper cleaning chemicals for different surfaces, and reporting damages or maintenance issues. Additional job duties a Holiday Inn housekeeper may need to carry out include restocking the supply cart and turning in lost and found items to the front desk. Holiday Inn hires cleaning associates demonstrating dedication and attention to detail.staff was cooperative ,friendly work as a team ,the management was very good. the most enjoyable part of this job was continues learning of new skills of how to deal with diffrent culture.
Pros
free one meal
Cons
Pleasant working environment, very positive
Night Auditor and Front desk staff (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ON1 January 2015
I learned a bunch on the job, and it really keeps you on your feet. Working night audit makes the job a lot more difficult, especially on weekends. The job itself isn't very pleasant, but the management and staff are excellent and keep you motivated. A day at work included accounting most of all, as there was a lot of paperwork and report organizing. Regardless, I would get around 3 hours of downtime in which I could relax for a little bit unless a guest is in need. The only issue is the hours, as night shift ruins your sleep schedule and it couldn't work with me and school.
Pros
Hotel Discounts
Cons
Long hours, tough shift, a lot of paperwork
Productive fun workplace
BARTENDER/ MANAGER (Current Employee) –  Sherwood Park, AB13 May 2015
A typical day at work for me was I started at 3pm and ended around 11pm. I was a bartender and also a bar manager. I really liked working with the team we had working, we all got along great. The hardest part of my job was trying to get as many hours as I needed. The most enjoyable part of my job was serving and talking to my customers. working in a hotel gave me the opportunity to meet a lot of different people. i enjoyed my job a lot.
Pros
Working with the excellent people I worked with.
Cons
I was a manger yet they would not give me a raise.
understanding
Give great customer service (Former Employee) –  Halifax, NS21 June 2016
The staff at the Holiday Inn, great people to work with a small hotel so everyone became family. Working all shifts of the day night and over night.
Great!!
Housekeeping Supervisor (Current Employee) –  montreal qc1 October 2015
I decided to enter the housekeeping supervisor position for my stage to complete my diploma seeing that i am able to experience something different. It was a great experience for me because i had the chance to meet interesting people around the world and builed a great team. I like the fact that i was able to manage a team with different departments such as the maintenance to make sure our rooms were up to par, the receptionist so are customers are happy with their stay. Making sure my ladies have their equipments to work with and helping them at all times because 14 rooms a day is enough. Yes! of course Inspecting the rooms and making sure the rooms are well clean, the apparence is well apon arrival.
The best of all i like to see that in the end we work hard as a team when there is no dirty rooms left.
Pros
you dont have the time to look at the time
Cons
having dirty rooms left over
Good costumer service experience
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB29 February 2016
This job require a lot of concentration because we had a lot to do in one day is very hard job but I learned a lot of costumer service and cleaning skills is a big challenge because one of the hardest thing is not to bother the costumers when we were cleaning and also manage sometimes a problem with a costumer and solve it and fill all the necessary amenities to keep a happy costumer. Sme times we had pressure at the hotel but we never had some issues we couldn't fix between co-workers we always tried to have a nice enviroment. is a nice experience working as a housekeeper.
Pros
new skills in costumer service
hosekeeping
Housekeeping (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QC20 June 2016
A lot of pression, missing a lot of things and products for working, the co-workes are ok. the service is good in the hotel
Pros
Syndicats
Cons
Manquent beaucoup des produits pour travail
Great opportunity to meet many new people from different areas.
Front Desk Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Temiskaming Shores, ON20 April 2016
While working for Holiday Inn Express and Suites I was able to meet a very wide range of people from multiple background. I started as a janitor/breakfast attendant, then was promoted to housekeeper and finally the front desk attendant. I got along great with all my fellow associates and all of the guests that entered our facility.
Management is terrible.
Bartender (Former Employee) –  Red Deer, AB2 June 2016
No respect for anyone in that building unless they were brown. They treat everyone terribly and your opinion goes unheard.
Pros
Cons
everything
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Lethbridge, AB14 February 2016
My job as a housekeeper, helped me to be efficient in a small time.
The management was nice. The work was really good splited between employees.
Pros
Good people to work with and learn new things
Cons
Sometimes work gets disgusting, because some guests are nasty
Professional
Front Desk Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Charlottetown, PE30 October 2015
This was probably my favorite job, very fun but very professional. They take pride in their property and also their loyalty program. I have grown from this job. The hardest part of the job would be hockey teams those weekends were stressful but as a team we got through it. Every hotel probably understands where I am coming from, the most enjoyable part was getting to meet people from all over the world, learning a lot of things that will help me with my career in the future.
Pros
Excellent team
Cons
Hockey teams
good for a students who doesn't have bills to pay
Banquet and Wedding Server (Current Employee) –  Barrie, ON11 September 2015
preparing for weddings or events the day of, serving food, clearing and cleaning.

fast-paced, co-workers not terrible, management not terrible, work until 2:30am on weekends, free lunches.
Pros
Free lunches
interesting work place
Server bartender , food prep (Former Employee) –  Burlington, ON6 January 2013
a typical day at work at the holiday inn was organized chaos , between 300 and 500 people split between 10 wait staff and 2 bartenders for a function everything has to run on a very strict time line, I learned to be patient and to work hard and fast if needed , management there was poor , my coworkers were amazing the hardest part of the job , was the chaos sometimes, the most enjoyable part of the job was it was always something different I got to meet alot of different people and learn so many things .
Pros
good pay, good benifets
Cons
long hours, hard heavy work
Good place to work, when proper amount of workers are working
Laundry Room Attendant (Former Employee) –  Red Deer, AB4 December 2015
Most days are good, some can be so busy that we should have had more people on. Learn to adjust to the managements way of doing things. Most coworkers were great. The hardest part was to try and do the work of two people on a busy day. I really like my job
Pros
Kept you busy, day went fast
Cons
Some days to busy for one person
N/A
GUEST SERVICE AGENT (Current Employee) –  Burlington ON7 September 2015
My typical day at work is to be ready at all times to take care of all guest that are staying at the hotel, long and short term.

As always our guest are our number one priority and we must ensure we act quickly to any needs they might have and give them the serve that they will always want to return.

My co-workers at the front desk are great team players and we all work well together.

The hardest part of the job is when there is no communications between departments.

The most enjoyable part of the job is our guest, as the diversity, culture and personality is so different.

I enjoy the hospitality industry and I love what I do whether it's working at the front desk, in housekeeping, operations etc.
Fast paced environment filled with great people
My current position is Housekeeping (Current Employee) –  Windsor ON16 February 2015
In a typical work day I work 8 hours a day and am required to complete 16 rooms a day. I am also required to do laundry and shift work on occasion as well as all general cleaning duties.
The management staff gives us great feedback as well as all the proper training and are great with the employees on a professional and personal level. They take the time and patients to make sure we are long lasting team members, with most staff on 10 or more years.
My co-workers are all great with attending to guests needs as well as working as a team to help out and get the job done.
The hardest part of the job is, as we are a Hotel, we see large fluctuations in vacancy. It can be very high energy and fast paced at times, and can be a a little stressful, but with the staff being such a great team and eager to help, the job is always done right and on time.
The most enjoyable part of the job for me, is the interactions with the Guests and making sure we go above and beyond for them. It really instills a sense of pride and satisfaction for myself, my guests and management
Pros
Incentives such as lunches and gift cards or family discounts
Cons
Long hours when busy
The clean touch.
House Keeping (Former Employee) –  Kingston, ON18 January 2015
My shift was a 8:00am start, I enjoyed meeting the staff and the supervisor. The managers were very kind. I became focused on the skills needed for the job. I developed organization skills. At times there is interaction with guest of the hotel which was rewarding. I was always praised by the managers and supervisors upon completing rooms to an above standard of cleanliness.
Pros
Always was given lots of shifts to work, and the staff were very nice
Cons
Winter time I was on call, and I had to move.
Great property to work for.
Banquet Captain / Catering Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON31 July 2014
I was responsible for the execution of all meeting and conferences at Holiday Inn and Suites Downtown Ottawa.

I had a small staff that I managed on a day to day basis.

The hardest part of the job was to ensure that all clients within the hotel had the best experience possible and to ensure that they return for their next meeting.

The most enjoyable part of the job was the management and catering staff. They were terrific colleagues to have worked with.
Pros
Staff