Holiday Inn Employee Reviews in Canada

• Salary/Benefits
Fast pace work enironment
Housekeeping (Former Employee), Fort Erie, ONMarch 30, 2015
Great place to work everyone was very considerate and nice. Worked hard there and had allot of rooms to do in a day but it was good.
Careful what you get into.
Front Desk Agent (Current Employee), Calgary, ABMarch 27, 2015
Pros: Pool and hot tub, discounted rooms and food.
Cons: hours, shifts
Great place great co-workers. But I disliked the GM, He just rubbed off on me as kinda shady. But all suits make me feel that way haha. Plus the shifts are kinda ridiculous sometimes, and what I mean is it jumps around and your shifts change after being posted. You might even be called in to cover. But worst of all is sometimes you'll have to pull a back to back shift (12 hours from when you get off till your next shift starts) or split shifts too.

make/cancel reservations for guests
count floats (tills and vaults)
make sure all reservations for the day are ready
make sure the rooms are ready for guests by phone or computer
check for traces (pet room, breakfast included, crib in room, ect)
fix errors
change rates
Front Desk Agent (Former Employee), Nisku, ABMarch 26, 2015
My typical day was checking guests in and out. Doing paper work on who was in what room and how long there stay was. Also giving them the suite or type of room they wanted. Met all customers needs.I really enjoy working around people and getting to know my co-workers.
My daily work
Accounts Payable (Former Employee), Toronto, ONMarch 22, 2015
Procedures to processes all invoices, purchase orders; reconcile credit card statements and vendors accounts; maintain the general ledger; Analyzing expenses when necessary and report to controller.
Best job I have ever had
Guest Service Agent (Current Employee), Fort St John, BCMarch 18, 2015
First off, MANAGEMENT is outstanding. I have never worked with a better group of managers and co-workers.
Guest services has taught me so much about understanding people, interacting with people, making people feel cared about/warm/welcome/safe, and most of all has taught me to have thick skin.
The most enjoyable part of the job is the look on a guests face when you remember their name, room preference, etc. It is so rewarding to light up their face in this way.
Great learning enviroment with great people.
Guest Service Representative/Manager on Duty (Current Employee), Barrie, ONMarch 12, 2015
The General Manager is always willing to train on anything you would like to learn. Staff in all departments get along well. Small hotel where the staff really feels like a second family.
good interpersonal relationship
House Keeper (Former Employee), Toronto ONMarch 7, 2015
Pros: good interpersonal relationship
i enjoyed every aspect of the job. Management team was excellent. I learned a lot as regard to speed and accuracy and safe cleaning products
Active
Senior front desk receptionist (Former Employee), CalgaryMarch 6, 2015
A fun busy active place that challenged my multitasking and diplomatic skills dealing with day to day activities and various tasks
Watching, and learning from a Superstar
Guest Services Representative and Night Audit (Current Employee), Kingston, ONMarch 3, 2015
Pros: welcoming our regular corporate guests on weekly and/or monthly basics, welcoming new guests with a smile, meeting new people from around the world, and educating guests on our ihg rewards club and of course the great hotel itself!
Cons: shift hours, work/ life balance
The Front Office manager at the time I was hired was a great mentor and manager. She was impressive the way she handled herself and was smooth, polite with not just guests but co-workers in other departments.
Fantastic
Guest Services Agent (Current Employee), Golden BCFebruary 26, 2015
Pros: free coffee
Cons: no benefits except employee discounts at any ihg property
I work 8 hours a day, 5 days a week and everyday is a learning experience for me because I interact with people.

Most of the time I work on my own when its slow season.

My co-workers are great to work with. No dramas at all and I guess everyone is happy with the job.

Newest hotel in town

Great boss
Great
Housekeeping Room Attendant (Former Employee), Barrie, ONFebruary 25, 2015
Great Place To Work, Although When I Got Injured And Could Not Come In To Work For A Couple Weeks They Let Me Go Pretty Fast.
You Clean Rooms For A Living, Not To Shabby
Nice place to work as a Room Attendant
Housekeeping Room Attendant (Former Employee), St. John's, NLFebruary 25, 2015
Pros: everyone were good people to work with and always offered help
Cons: not getting many hours in working lately
I loved working as a Housekeeping Room Attendant but the work at this hotel is getting really slow. I know Fortis Properties, the owners are selling off its hotels and I don't know if this is part of the reason for the work dropping so fast.
Busy working
Front Desk Manager (Current Employee), Grande Prairie, ABFebruary 23, 2015
Cons: tasks are different every days
- briefing with the team.
- check the No show last night & Manager report.
- Check the log book.
- participate the morning department head meeting.
- balancing the room inventory.
- check the VIP's
- assign the rooms
- check the Audit of the night before.
- check the e-mails.
- communicate with other departments to ensure the smooth of operation.
- all the above the repeatable tasks.
An amazing Hotel
Banquets Manager (Current Employee), Toronto, ONFebruary 22, 2015
A great place to work and develop your skills and knowledge.
Everyone here is like a family and happy to help each others.
Fast paced environment filled with great people
My current position is Housekeeping (Current Employee), Windsor ONFebruary 16, 2015
Pros: incentives such as lunches and gift cards or family discounts
Cons: long hours when busy
In a typical work day I work 8 hours a day and am required to complete 16 rooms a day. I am also required to do laundry and shift work on occasion as well as all general cleaning duties.
The management staff gives us great feedback as well as all the proper training and are great with the employees on a professional and personal level. They take the time and patients to make sure we are long lasting team members, with most staff on 10 or more years.
My co-workers are all great with attending to guests needs as well as working as a team to help out and get the job done.
The hardest part of the job is, as we are a Hotel, we see large fluctuations in vacancy. It can be very high energy and fast paced at times, and can be a a little stressful, but with the staff being such a great team and eager to help, the job is always done right and on time.
The most enjoyable part of the job for me, is the interactions with the Guests and making sure we go above and beyond for them. It really instills a sense of pride and satisfaction for myself, my guests and management
Worst Company to work for
Front Desk (Former Employee), Calgary, ABFebruary 12, 2015
Cons: very abusive environmnet
Holiday Inn Express Calgary South

You basically will not have proper training and/or the supplies to perform your job. You will be overloaded with so much work you will hardly get it done and will be reprimanded for that. They will constantly send you home early and ask your relieve to come late so the time two are working at the desk gets reduced to the minimum... guests' request cant be handled properly without leaving other customers unattended.... You will be reprimanded and have your signature on a disciplinary action if guests complain about it.

They constantly abuse of Temporary Foreign Workers who cannot go elsewhere to work. They do not hire locals as they usually do not put up with such abuse. If you ever say anything they will just start cutting your hours.

Avoid this place to work
Productive and well operated establishment
Manager on Duty For Guest Services (Internship) (Former Employee), Toronto, ONFebruary 9, 2015
My duties:

• Independently planned, designed and installed the ‘Heart of House - EmployeeRecognition Program'
• Performed Front Desk and Back Office operations as initiated by the General Manager
• Instigated room checks and maintained the inspection reports
• Effectively handled guest feedback and ensured 100% guest satisfaction prior departure
• Adhered to organizational health, fire and life safety policies
• Engaged in collaborative working relationships with Housekeeping and Maintenance
departments to provide a seamless guest experience

Overall, process and functioning of the hotel was up to the mark and standards maintained by the Holiday Inn.
Safe secure position good for routine regular work
Security Guard (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABFebruary 9, 2015
Pros: a very secure job with a fair pay
Cons: being a very corporate business they were never short of rules and regulations
As night hotel security, it was my job to make sure that noise was kept down to a reasonable level and that undesirable elements were not allowed to bother customers in the hotel. Also parking lot rounds were insisted upon.
co worker
Housekeeping (Current Employee), Vancouver, BCFebruary 6, 2015
Pros: free lunch
Cons: long hour
Working 8 houer per day, learn a lots of thinks . I m a very kind person .The hard part at the job was to carry a lots of things.
A God place to start a Job
Intern (Former Employee), Clark CityFebruary 3, 2015
A good place to start, learned new knowledge and skills from our boss and the management was great and also my co workers, didn't find the job hard i enjoyed every part of the Job.
Headquarters
300 John Q. Hammons Pkwy.
Ste. 900