Holiday Inn Employee Reviews

Front Desk Agent
Front Desk Agent (Former Employee) –  Medicine Hat, AB15 June 2016
Very interactive work place, mostly friendly staff, benefits were great, independent type of work, long shifts
Pros
meeting new people every day
My Work place
Maintenance Manager (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB22 June 2016
Everyday i start my work by checking the internal and external of the building, checking the electrical, boiler room and pool water chemistry and then proceed to my usual daily work order schedule after finishing the work request i go for my daily preventative maintenance.

Everyday has a different task and problems so i learned a lot specially the maintaining the pool and the boiler.

Co-workers, we have a camaraderie because i maintain a good communication.

Hardest part of the job, none

Enjoyable part of the job is my co-workers.
Good company
Housekeeping (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB13 August 2016
it is just an ordinary day to work in the morning, I learned to do my tasks in a minimum supervision. My co-workers are indeed supportive for each other.The hardest part of my job is when there is no stuff to provide but one thing I enjoy is when I receive a tip from the guests.
Pros
Friendly people
Cons
short hours
very nice place to work
Front Desk Agent (Current Employee) –  Whitecourt, AB15 February 2016
very good training, competitive wages, excellence management, grooming standard are awesome, great place to work very light environment, not stressful and friendly people.
Not a good management
Visitor Services Attendant (Current Employee) –  Swift Current5 February 2016
This is job is only for New Comers. Benefits are not satisfactory . If good management team re-established, I am OK. Time bound and co-workers are all doing 2 jobs.
Good
Cons
No fixed Income
Strong yet small team of goal orientated people
Guest Services Agent (Former Employee) –  London, ON12 July 2015
Holiday Inn was a great stepping stone to where I'm at now. Being part of a large chain of hotels, Intercontinental Hotels Group, a day in the life of a front desk attendant here is centered around quality control. Our job was goal specific and each day was critiqued to ensure the highest level of customer service. I learned a great deal about how to accommodate a substantially variance of people. My coworkers here were awesome, simply the best, however there weren't enough of them. It was very short staffed here, with management never entirely available. We were trained to deter guests from contacting our manager as it was preferred that we should handle any matter ourselves. This of course has it's benefits, I learned patience under pressure although I believe providing substandard support for your employee's is not beneficial in the long run. Aside from these small faults the best part of working here was the people I worked with.
Pros
Great Staff
Cons
Unavailable Management
typical work
Houseman/Housekeeping/Building Maintenance (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB3 August 2016
tiring work for a newbie. trust yourself. work individual basis. co-worker are team player but need to do own job. hardest part is some of managers are not friendly and role model.
Lots to complete, little training
Front Desk Agent (Former Employee) –  Lethbridge, AB11 January 2016
Overall, the Holiday Inn did not have the correct management in place to be training employees. If one messed up a transaction or email they were criticized by the management openly and in front of others. It became very tight-knit between the employees versus the management of the front desk. The most enjoyable part of the job was being able to learn quickly and keep up to the standards that were in place. I most enjoyed creating a relationship with other managers that were in other areas of the business.
Pros
Creating relationships with other employees and managers.
Cons
odd shifts, not very flexible
Great Staff but no Internal Promotion
Guest Service Agent (Current Employee) –  London, ON1 September 2015
Fellow employees are wonderful to work with, but the location of the hotel has the front desk in weekly contact with the local police for a lot of vehicle break ins and outrageous guests. Management is always supportive and friendly but do not follow through on promises of internal advancement. It's a great place to work but as a University graduate I have great ambition to move up within the operations of a hotel and this cannot be accommodated here unfortunately.
decent work place
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Regina, SK17 August 2016
great work place, friendly people, neat & tidy
worked there for 2 years and met some nice coworkers
holiday inn was the first place that ive been hired at
Pros
free pop
Cons
hard work
Guest Services Manager (Current Employee) –  North York, ON11 August 2016
Learned a lot while working with this company. Meeting new people, working closely with the staff members in a group, resolved all the issues and complaints very professionally.
hectic but fun and exctiting
Guest Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB27 May 2013
While working at Holiday Inn, I learned so much. In a typical day, I got the chance to meet people from all over the world. I learned about customer service, what needs to be done to keep guests happy and how to deal with the public in a professional manner. Management was one of the pros in the job because they are extremely understanding and know that sometimes life happens and accommodated it to the best of their abilities. The hardest part of the job is dealing with difficult customers but all that negative energy was taken away by the staff and management. they never pressured me to deal with anything i felt uncomfortable about and were again, very understanding.
Pros
the staff, helping others and meeting new people
excellent
cleaner (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON15 October 2014
Housekeepers at Holiday Inn clean and organize rooms and corridors in a timely and effective manner. Specific duties include cleaning rooms by category priority, using proper cleaning chemicals for different surfaces, and reporting damages or maintenance issues. Additional job duties a Holiday Inn housekeeper may need to carry out include restocking the supply cart and turning in lost and found items to the front desk. Holiday Inn hires cleaning associates demonstrating dedication and attention to detail.staff was cooperative ,friendly work as a team ,the management was very good. the most enjoyable part of this job was continues learning of new skills of how to deal with diffrent culture.
Pros
free one meal
Cons
Pleasant working environment, very positive
Night Auditor and Front desk staff (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ON1 January 2015
I learned a bunch on the job, and it really keeps you on your feet. Working night audit makes the job a lot more difficult, especially on weekends. The job itself isn't very pleasant, but the management and staff are excellent and keep you motivated. A day at work included accounting most of all, as there was a lot of paperwork and report organizing. Regardless, I would get around 3 hours of downtime in which I could relax for a little bit unless a guest is in need. The only issue is the hours, as night shift ruins your sleep schedule and it couldn't work with me and school.
Pros
Hotel Discounts
Cons
Long hours, tough shift, a lot of paperwork
responsibility
Housekeeping Room Attendant (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB13 July 2016
Was Stressful at times being responsible for so many students worked well with my partner participated in meetings magnificent turn out for students who didn't have lunch. It was a great feeling everyday knowing I was doing a good deed.
Professional and friendly atmosphere
Guest Services Representative&Certified Trainer (Former Employee) –  Sarnia, ON27 May 2016
Very fast paced environment which I thrive on.

I gained amazing amount of knowledge on how to assist guests with all their needs and being able to predict what they are looking for ahead of time.

Guest satisfaction was important and that they emphasize on recognizing employees achievements
Pros
Free meals, monthly celebrations
Cons
no room for growth due to low turnover
Well worth the experience
Front Desk Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON15 June 2016
Initially a very welcoming atmosphere. I was soon taught how to operate the check in/check out program, and was soon implementing said program into everyday life on the job. Initially, the vast number of guests was overwhelming, however once I adapted, communicating became second nature and very much enjoyable.
Very nice stuff
Front Desk Agent (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON2 August 2016
Holiday inn very secure place to work. The best part is a team. Very helpful and enjoyable to work with. I really enjoyed my time there.
Cons
A productive, fast pace and fun place to work
house keeper (Former Employee) –  barrie13 August 2015
A typical day at work starts at 8 am, grab our carts full of sheets, towels, shampoos ect. We has 1/2 hour to clean a room which includes cleaning bathrooms, making beds to dusting and vacuuming/washing floors.Once finished the list of rooms that was given to you its now time to restock your cart and have the supervisor check all your rooms before you're allowed to leave. Sometimes we had extra duties such as wash pool floors, empty garbages, wash walls in hallways and stairways.

I learned that some people can be really messy and rude for such silly reasons :(. Complaining just to receive a discount or a free room because they can/

The best part of my job was the management. The staff at the holiday Inn was excellent, I got along with everyone which also made it enjoyable to go to work everyday. i had no complaints there.

What made the job stressful was the amount of cleaning we had to do in such little time. A lot of people think housekeeping is easy but it really isn't, it really takes a toll on your body.

I also worked in the breakfast bar which included preparing breakfast for the guest such as scrambled eggs, pancakes sausages and much more. Shifts started it 4:45am so I was pretty much awake before the guest and around 6:45am the doors would open and it would be time to serve the guest.
Pros
Free lunchs, Wonderful staff, benefits
Cons
Hard work, Some work harder then other and didn't get recognised, Hard on your body, Had to work holidays.
housekeeper
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB12 August 2016
meet new people, work with others, and training others
I enjoy to do cleaning and making others happy with their rooms
organize everything