Holiday Inn
2,809 reviews

Holiday Inn Canada Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Work a lot and learn a lot
Front Desk Agent (Former Employee), VancouverJanuary 2, 2013
Pros: learning opportunity
Cons: wage, benefit
Work a lot and learn a lot but money and benefit isnt there.
Perfect job or stepping stone for rookie to begin their career in the industry
Holiday Inn review
Kitchen helper, banquet server (Former Employee), Sydney, NSDecember 20, 2012
pretty good, good culture,pretty good, good culturepretty good, good culturepretty good, good culture
Holiday Inn
Chef Assistant (Former Employee), Cambridge, ONDecember 18, 2012
Holiday Inn was a great place to work the people that work there are amazing and they are really friendly.
clean and good place to stay ,close to waterfun and movie theatre.
Housekeeper (Former Employee), Richmond, BCDecember 17, 2012
Pros: free breakfast
Cons: sometimes we work short hour
I work there only weekend ,so what i"ve learned to this field is to have a good communication and interpersonal relation to the guest and being organized .
Enjoyable experiance
Sous Chef and Dining Room Leader (Former Employee), Truro, NSDecember 17, 2012
A very good place to work. I left to return home to Ontario. Was difficult to work with cooks with no passion
productive and busy workplace
Housekeeper (Former Employee), Newmarket, ONDecember 12, 2012
Pros: days went by fast due to it being constantly busy
Cons: no cons
Pizza done right was a very fast paced company to work for, and that is why I liked it. The shifts went by fast, and there was always something to do.
Productive and fun work place with a lot of interaction with customers.
Accounts Receivable (Former Employee), CalgaryNovember 19, 2012
A typical day at work was busy and productive. Learnt Oprah software and also learnt reconciling, making journal entries, collection skills for collecting money for overdue accounts. Good management and great co-workers always ready to help. The hardest part of the job was getting hold of the payble department for the companies with overdue accounts. The most enjoyable part of the job was a lot of interaction with the customers and hotel guests while helping the front desk staff which also helpee in breaking away the daily routine work.
Not a long term prospective
Front Office Manager (Current Employee), Osoyoos, BCNovember 13, 2012
Pros: reputable organization, small team
Cons: opaque reimbursement plan, strong customer focus but weak of employee focus
Below par salary with zero salary reveiws
No benefits like MSP
Strong intereference of ownership in day to day management working
Limited vertical and horizontal communication
Inconsistant planning for important events
High employee turnover
An enjoyable learning experience
Full-time Rooms Division Supervisor/ Duty Manager (Former Employee), Cambridge, ONOctober 29, 2012
Pros: benefits, matching rrsp contributions, free lunches, anniversary and birthday stat days
Cons: working an average of 52 hours per week.
A typical day at work would include meeting and exceeding guests expecations in a fast paced environment while overseeing staff.

I learned the fundamentals of overseeing the housekeeping department and working with the other departments to accompish the goal of meeting guests needs first.

The most enjoyable part of the job was knowing that there would be something different on a day-to-day basis.
Holiday Inn Express
Guest Services Supervisor/Manager on Duty (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABOctober 23, 2012
Pros: benefits package, team mentality at work, working with the public, how every day was an opportunity to learn
Cons: varying hours
I learned a great deal from this company both as a supervisor and as a guest services agent. I learned how to handle many different situations and the importance and value of treating everyone as the different individuals they are. I also learned how important it is to treat your team with respect and integrity, as well as how to be approachable.

A typical day at work entailed assisting with customer complaints, phone inquiries, making reservations, and supervising the front desk team. Sometimes, it also entailed assisting the housekeeping department during heavy check-out days or when they were short staffed.
A Great Place To Work
Human Resource Coordinator (Current Employee), Toronto, ONOctober 15, 2012
Amazing culture with room to grow that is fostered by all senior management.
Great hotel, swimming pool.
Housekeeper (Former Employee), Hinton, ABSeptember 25, 2012
Pros: free breakfast and lunch.
Cons: some short hours.
I thought this place, was a really good place to work at, the people are very friendly.
kitchen well maintained
Chef (Former Employee), NLSeptember 15, 2012
Pros: located in home town
Cons: unionised
Nice kitchen , high turnover rate of employees including managers
Buisy and fun
Waitress/ bus girl (Former Employee), Calgary, ABSeptember 11, 2012
Pros: family
Cons: some very early mornings
I started working with my grandmother and mom at this hotel, the gentalmen that owned it was a family man and had no problem with this. I use to dress up as mrs. Clause, the Easter bunny and one year a clown for those special occasions. This job taught me a lot about a good work ethic and how to deal with customers.
Fast paced environment
Chambermaid (Former Employee), Ottawa, ONAugust 31, 2012
When I worked for the Holiday Inn,I enjoyed it very much probably because they gave you a list of what you had to do and you would complete it.
I loved working for them
Janitorial Assistant (Former Employee), Kenora, ONAugust 8, 2012
Because of my personality ,They found me other jobs instead of letting me go .They only reason I left that place of emploment was that I got married and moved to BC.
fast paced full of laughs
room attendant (Former Employee), Comox ValleyAugust 7, 2012
Pros: early mornings
Cons: finding linens
a typical day started at 8 am, stocking my cart, then doing some streches with everyone, and then getting our task sheets, if we were teamed up with someone or alone.
the hardest part of the job was having enough linens! lots of hunting for sheets!
the most enjoyable was the actual cleaning of the room, the Sparkle system they had in place was really great, and i liked the routine of how each room was done, step by step. made my job a lot easier.
my boss was pretty great too, full of laughs and always did her best.
did not enjoy working here
Front desk Agent / Reservations (Former Employee), Calgary, ABJune 1, 2012
Was not a good work experience here, I liked the work however, when they found out I was pregnant they reduced my hours
People are friendly
Maintenance technician (Former Employee), Gatineau, QuébecMay 19, 2012
Pros: free lunch
Cons: no overtime
Co-workers are helpful
People are happly
People are loyal
Have fun
Great people to work with. Like to have fun but get the job done.
Executive Housekeeper (Current Employee), Huntsville, ONMay 5, 2012
Pros: can make my own hours as long as the job gets done, teamwork
Cons: mostly long hours in the high season, can be very physically and mentally exhausting.
A typical day can be very long for managers. Anywhere from 8 to 12 hours a day is required to get the job done when occupancy is high.
GM sometimes holds the process up by not getting back to the managers in a timely manner.
The hardest part of the job is the physical aspect of the job.....can take alot out of you.
The most enjoyable part of the job is seeing the end result of our work and keeping the hotel up to standards that the guests expect and seeing the team work together and enjoy a laugh or two.

About Holiday Inn

Holiday Inn Hotels & Resorts is part of the InterContinental Hotels Group family of brands with global headquarters in the – Read more