Holiday Inn

Holiday Inn Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Buisy and fun
Waitress/ bus girl (Former Employee), Calgary, ABSeptember 11, 2012
Pros: family
Cons: some very early mornings
I started working with my grandmother and mom at this hotel, the gentalmen that owned it was a family man and had no problem with this. I use to dress up as mrs. Clause, the Easter bunny and one year a clown for those special occasions. This job taught me a lot about a good work ethic and how to deal with customers.
Fast paced environment
Chambermaid (Former Employee), Ottawa, ONAugust 31, 2012
When I worked for the Holiday Inn,I enjoyed it very much probably because they gave you a list of what you had to do and you would complete it.
I loved working for them
Janitorial Assistant (Former Employee), Kenora, ONAugust 8, 2012
Because of my personality ,They found me other jobs instead of letting me go .They only reason I left that place of emploment was that I got married and moved to BC.
fast paced full of laughs
room attendant (Former Employee), Comox ValleyAugust 7, 2012
Pros: early mornings
Cons: finding linens
a typical day started at 8 am, stocking my cart, then doing some streches with everyone, and then getting our task sheets, if we were teamed up with someone or alone.
the hardest part of the job was having enough linens! lots of hunting for sheets!
the most enjoyable was the actual cleaning of the room, the Sparkle system they had in place was really – more... great, and i liked the routine of how each room was done, step by step. made my job a lot easier.
my boss was pretty great too, full of laughs and always did her best. – less
did not enjoy working here
Front desk Agent / Reservations (Former Employee), Calgary, ABJune 1, 2012
Was not a good work experience here, I liked the work however, when they found out I was pregnant they reduced my hours
People are friendly
Maintenance technician (Former Employee), Gatineau, QuébecMay 19, 2012
Pros: free lunch
Cons: no overtime
Co-workers are helpful
People are happly
People are loyal
Have fun
Great people to work with. Like to have fun but get the job done.
Executive Housekeeper (Current Employee), Huntsville, ONMay 5, 2012
Pros: can make my own hours as long as the job gets done, teamwork
Cons: mostly long hours in the high season, can be very physically and mentally exhausting.
A typical day can be very long for managers. Anywhere from 8 to 12 hours a day is required to get the job done when occupancy is high.
GM sometimes holds the process up by not getting back to the managers in a timely manner.
The hardest part of the job is the physical aspect of the job.....can take alot out of you.
The most enjoyable part of the job – more... is seeing the end result of our work and keeping the hotel up to standards that the guests expect and seeing the team work together and enjoy a laugh or two. – less
hard work job but its a nice environment
Housekeeping (Current Employee), downtown edmonton alberta,canadaApril 19, 2012
Pros: nice people
Cons: shortage of personnel
it's a very hardjob need hardwork eberytime its nice that my co-worker are very nice
Great Team Minded enviroment.
Banquet Supervisor (Former Employee), Barrie, ONApril 17, 2012
I love the people I work with, and love the people I have met in my career at the Holiday Inn
Great place great people!
Sales Coordinator/Front Desk Supervisor (Former Employee), Southside, PASeptember 18, 2014
Great place, great people, I loved working with them! I learned alot from everyone and had a fantastic experience.
cleanest hotel ive ever been in
Housekeeper (Former Employee), Paragould, ARSeptember 18, 2014
this is a very clean work place. the employees work have to provide a very clean and health stay
friendly atmosphere
Front Desk Clerk (Former Employee), Browning, MTSeptember 17, 2014
Pros: communication skills
Cons: poor management
a typical day at Holiday Inn was friendly environment, easy going. What I have learned is that management does not have very good communication skilla and I would have to rate that as poor. Co-workers were as friendly can be. Th emost enjoyable part about the job was the interaction with a variety of people/guests.
busy workplace
Housekeeping Team Member (Former Employee), Barnsley, ENGSeptember 17, 2014
Pros: free lunches
Cons: no overtime paid, no double time on bank hol
learned to work as a team
good customer services with clients
Happy family like atmosphere
Housekeeping (Former Employee), Moncks Corner, SCSeptember 16, 2014
Pros: like family
Cons: no insurance
Holiday Inn Express was a very enjoyable time for me. We worked together and bonded like family. Everyday there was something new to learn which made my day easier. Our guest were always treated with the utmost importance. The work day began with friendly greetings. We were assigned our rooms to clean in a timely manner. Once completed we would assist – more... anyone that had fallen behind. The day would end with happy good byes "I'll see you tomorrow". The hardest part of the job was being on my feet that long. The most enjoyable part was the friendly family like atmosphere. – less
Fun hotel to work at
Front Desk Clerk (Former Employee), 1629 S. Prospect Ave OKC.OK 73129September 16, 2014
I love working with people and this job was always fun to be at.I'm a people person whom try to bring a smile to everyones face I see.
management
NJ - Guest Service Manager (Current Employee), Mt. Arlington, NJSeptember 15, 2014
The best part of my job is meeting new people.
I have learnt about every department of the Hotel industry of IHG group.
Experience of working in all the 3 shifts, helped maintenance to resolve major issues because originally I am an engineer by profession with a lot of handyman skills. Designated with the job of front desk manager and currently as GSM.
Very – more... efficient in operating PMS system, HOLIDEX, Perform, Merlin.
Did MQSA every month, Heart Beat, and all necessary for the GM post.
Revenue Meetings – less
Nice hotel.
House keeping (Former Employee), Sault Saint Marie, MISeptember 15, 2014
Nice hotel. Beautiful location, I enjoyed my managers and coworkers.
A good work experience
housekeeping (Former Employee), ShrewsburySeptember 15, 2014
This job was a great experience to see what I am capable of after a long break being at home bringing up my family. I enjoyed it but I would prefer to have more responsibilities and work related challenges in the future job.
Not the best
Sous Chef (Current Employee), Bolingbrook, ILSeptember 14, 2014
Pros: good coworkers
Cons: coworkers who have been with company for 10 years and still dont speak english
Understaffed, over booked and low pay. Some people are great
housekeeping
Housekeeping (Former Employee), Virginia Beach, VASeptember 14, 2014
Pros: some guests leave tips
Cons: stressful, not enough training
Very long hours, a lot of work. You don't get help and you have to complete your rooms before the day is over. Got hired for full-time and when winter came i was placed on "on-call".

About Holiday Inn

Holiday Inn Hotels & Resorts is part of the InterContinental Hotels Group family of brands with global headquarters in the – Read more