Holiday Inn Employee Reviews

working environment
Front Desk Agent/Night Auditor (Current Employee) –  Barrie, ONOctober 4, 2015
staff need to pay for the meal, and only can have 1 meal per shift
sometime chief is not pay attention to staff meal

management team is nice and always willing to teach you.
some of the co-workers are not friendly enough.
Pros
food always too much
Cons
staff meal not free
great place
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Victoria, BCOctober 3, 2015
Amazing work place. Great staff. Amazing management, High paced work force, Enjoyed the fast pace. Cleaning and efficiant. All around happy and great energy place to work.
Pros
Amazing staff
Cons
Not enough staff
Great!!
Housekeeping Supervisor (Current Employee) –  montreal qcOctober 1, 2015
I decided to enter the housekeeping supervisor position for my stage to complete my diploma seeing that i am able to experience something different. It was a great experience for me because i had the chance to meet interesting people around the world and builed a great team. I like the fact that i was able to manage a team with different departments such as the maintenance to make sure our rooms were up to par, the receptionist so are customers are happy with their stay. Making sure my ladies have their equipments to work with and helping them at all times because 14 rooms a day is enough. Yes! of course Inspecting the rooms and making sure the rooms are well clean, the apparence is well apon arrival.
The best of all i like to see that in the end we work hard as a team when there is no dirty rooms left.
Pros
you dont have the time to look at the time
Cons
having dirty rooms left over
Never working here again
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Alliance OHSeptember 25, 2015
I will not work at a holiday inn again. I was on housekeeping and we were treated like trash. The manager pretty much tried to control our lives.
A good place to work and be able to have a life at home as well
PRODUCT DEVELOPMENT - Backpack Division (Former Employee) –  Montreal/QuebecSeptember 21, 2015
Holiday is a great company to work. A great atmosphere with very little stress. Very young staff and managers so it was easy to evolve and introduce new technology and different ideas.
Pros
close to home
Cons
no place to grow
good for a students who doesn't have bills to pay
Banquet and Wedding Server (Current Employee) –  Barrie, ONSeptember 11, 2015
preparing for weddings or events the day of, serving food, clearing and cleaning.

fast-paced, co-workers not terrible, management not terrible, work until 2:30am on weekends, free lunches.
Pros
Free lunches
fun work place
front desk (Current Employee) –  bonnyville abSeptember 7, 2015
I have worked at holiday inn for about a year now and have enjoyed everything about it I love working front desk the staff I work with is great and we get to meet all different kinds of people that stay with us we try to make our guest feel like they are at home here cause most of our guest stay with us for more then 6 months and we like to treat them as if they were family and try to entertain them as much as we can since bonnyville is a very small town and there's not a lot to do out here. i be very sad to leave this job but there is just not a lot happening right now here due to the oil field being down
Pros
we all work well as a team and treat everyone here like family
Cons
sometimes dealing with short staff
N/A
GUEST SERVICE AGENT (Current Employee) –  Burlington ONSeptember 7, 2015
My typical day at work is to be ready at all times to take care of all guest that are staying at the hotel, long and short term.

As always our guest are our number one priority and we must ensure we act quickly to any needs they might have and give them the serve that they will always want to return.

My co-workers at the front desk are great team players and we all work well together.

The hardest part of the job is when there is no communications between departments.

The most enjoyable part of the job is our guest, as the diversity, culture and personality is so different.

I enjoy the hospitality industry and I love what I do whether it's working at the front desk, in housekeeping, operations etc.
Great Staff but no Internal Promotion
Guest Service Agent (Current Employee) –  London, ONSeptember 1, 2015
Fellow employees are wonderful to work with, but the location of the hotel has the front desk in weekly contact with the local police for a lot of vehicle break ins and outrageous guests. Management is always supportive and friendly but do not follow through on promises of internal advancement. It's a great place to work but as a University graduate I have great ambition to move up within the operations of a hotel and this cannot be accommodated here unfortunately.
Was a Good Learning Experience
Apprentice, Second Cook (Former Employee) –  Barrie, ONAugust 31, 2015
OKAY place to work. i learned much while i was there working in the kitchen of the Holiday Inn. Lots of experience, long hours, decent wage.
Hard work for little pay
Housekeeping Room Attendant (Former Employee) –  Guelph, ONAugust 31, 2015
Outrageous deadlines, 20-30 rooms a shift.
Lots of bending over, very sore back, knees and arms by the end of every day. VERY rude guests in the hotel. Get money taken off each pay check for a supposed 'breakfast and lunch' every day.... yeah right, youre lucky if you make it down there on time to get food. Every day I would go for lunch and there would be scrappings left in each food bin.
Pros
None.
Cons
Rude customers, breaking your back for minimum wage
Nice and fun place to work
Restaurant/Banquets Server (Current Employee) –  MississaugaAugust 28, 2015
Love to work at Holiday Inn. Great management team! Love my co-workers. They are simply FANTASTIC, always fun to work with all of them.
It was a ok place to work
House Keeper (Former Employee) –  Gananoque OntarioAugust 26, 2015
I had fun my first year working there but my second summer not so much as the staff changed. The staff can be very hard to work with.
Pros
we could use the weigh room and the pool along with family members
Cons
the managers
it's alright
Housekeeper/Room Attendant (Former Employee) –  Sherwood Park, ABAugust 26, 2015
no problem at the jobs that i have to do. poor management, so much negativity at the workplace. make it a fun and a happy workplace and the job will make it easier.
Great fun experience
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MBAugust 22, 2015
love the work, all the departments, love being mvp 2 times, and had a chance to grow, I worked and didn't even notice the corporate training was for my own character
Pros
great people
Cons
not very high wage
I enjoy working with my coworkers at The Holiday Inn & Suites.
Work as Catering Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  North Vancouver, BCAugust 16, 2015
I have learn't so many things since I started my work here. It was hard in the beginning but now its very easy job for me.
My co-workers are very helpful, friendly.
My company offers us 50% off on our stay in IHG hotels.
Pros
Free Lunch
Cons
No complaint
A productive, fast pace and fun place to work
house keeper (Former Employee) –  barrieAugust 13, 2015
A typical day at work starts at 8 am, grab our carts full of sheets, towels, shampoos ect. We has 1/2 hour to clean a room which includes cleaning bathrooms, making beds to dusting and vacuuming/washing floors.Once finished the list of rooms that was given to you its now time to restock your cart and have the supervisor check all your rooms before you're allowed to leave. Sometimes we had extra duties such as wash pool floors, empty garbages, wash walls in hallways and stairways.

I learned that some people can be really messy and rude for such silly reasons :(. Complaining just to receive a discount or a free room because they can/

The best part of my job was the management. The staff at the holiday Inn was excellent, I got along with everyone which also made it enjoyable to go to work everyday. i had no complaints there.

What made the job stressful was the amount of cleaning we had to do in such little time. A lot of people think housekeeping is easy but it really isn't, it really takes a toll on your body.

I also worked in the breakfast bar which included preparing breakfast for the guest such as scrambled eggs, pancakes sausages and much more. Shifts started it 4:45am so I was pretty much awake before the guest and around 6:45am the doors would open and it would be time to serve the guest.
Pros
Free lunchs, Wonderful staff, benefits
Cons
Hard work, Some work harder then other and didn't get recognised, Hard on your body, Had to work holidays.
Strong yet small team of goal orientated people
Guest Services Agent (Former Employee) –  London, ONJuly 12, 2015
Holiday Inn was a great stepping stone to where I'm at now. Being part of a large chain of hotels, Intercontinental Hotels Group, a day in the life of a front desk attendant here is centered around quality control. Our job was goal specific and each day was critiqued to ensure the highest level of customer service. I learned a great deal about how to accommodate a substantially variance of people. My coworkers here were awesome, simply the best, however there weren't enough of them. It was very short staffed here, with management never entirely available. We were trained to deter guests from contacting our manager as it was preferred that we should handle any matter ourselves. This of course has it's benefits, I learned patience under pressure although I believe providing substandard support for your employee's is not beneficial in the long run. Aside from these small faults the best part of working here was the people I worked with.
Pros
Great Staff
Cons
Unavailable Management
It is an okay place to work, nothing too exciting but also not too boring
Line Cook\ Prep (Current Employee) –  St. CatherinesJuly 11, 2015
It is an okay place to work. I just go in, do my tasks and leave, nothing special. The co-workers are nice friendly people everyone seems to get along for the most part. The part I enjoyed the most about the job is preparing and setting up for events/ work functions.
Pros
Standard break
Cons
shift hours
Rooms Division / Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABJuly 9, 2015
Learned a lot about IHG brands and standards
Great place to work, fun and professional staff
Management and ownership team are invested in this property
Pros
location
Cons
Going through renovations