Holiday Inn
2,560 reviews

Holiday Inn Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Holiday Inn Express
Guest Services Supervisor/Manager on Duty (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABOctober 23, 2012
Pros: benefits package, team mentality at work, working with the public, how every day was an opportunity to learn
Cons: varying hours
I learned a great deal from this company both as a supervisor and as a guest services agent. I learned how to handle many different situations and the importance and value of treating everyone as the different individuals they are. I also learned how important it is to treat your team with respect and integrity, as well as how to be approachable.

A – more... typical day at work entailed assisting with customer complaints, phone inquiries, making reservations, and supervising the front desk team. Sometimes, it also entailed assisting the housekeeping department during heavy check-out days or when they were short staffed. – less
A Great Place To Work
Human Resource Coordinator (Current Employee), Toronto, ONOctober 15, 2012
Amazing culture with room to grow that is fostered by all senior management.
Great hotel, swimming pool.
Housekeeper (Former Employee), Hinton, ABSeptember 25, 2012
Pros: free breakfast and lunch.
Cons: some short hours.
I thought this place, was a really good place to work at, the people are very friendly.
kitchen well maintained
Chef (Former Employee), NLSeptember 15, 2012
Pros: located in home town
Cons: unionised
Nice kitchen , high turnover rate of employees including managers
Buisy and fun
Waitress/ bus girl (Former Employee), Calgary, ABSeptember 11, 2012
Pros: family
Cons: some very early mornings
I started working with my grandmother and mom at this hotel, the gentalmen that owned it was a family man and had no problem with this. I use to dress up as mrs. Clause, the Easter bunny and one year a clown for those special occasions. This job taught me a lot about a good work ethic and how to deal with customers.
Fast paced environment
Chambermaid (Former Employee), Ottawa, ONAugust 31, 2012
When I worked for the Holiday Inn,I enjoyed it very much probably because they gave you a list of what you had to do and you would complete it.
I loved working for them
Janitorial Assistant (Former Employee), Kenora, ONAugust 8, 2012
Because of my personality ,They found me other jobs instead of letting me go .They only reason I left that place of emploment was that I got married and moved to BC.
fast paced full of laughs
room attendant (Former Employee), Comox ValleyAugust 7, 2012
Pros: early mornings
Cons: finding linens
a typical day started at 8 am, stocking my cart, then doing some streches with everyone, and then getting our task sheets, if we were teamed up with someone or alone.
the hardest part of the job was having enough linens! lots of hunting for sheets!
the most enjoyable was the actual cleaning of the room, the Sparkle system they had in place was really – more... great, and i liked the routine of how each room was done, step by step. made my job a lot easier.
my boss was pretty great too, full of laughs and always did her best. – less
did not enjoy working here
Front desk Agent / Reservations (Former Employee), Calgary, ABJune 1, 2012
Was not a good work experience here, I liked the work however, when they found out I was pregnant they reduced my hours
People are friendly
Maintenance technician (Former Employee), Gatineau, QuébecMay 19, 2012
Pros: free lunch
Cons: no overtime
Co-workers are helpful
People are happly
People are loyal
Have fun
Great people to work with. Like to have fun but get the job done.
Executive Housekeeper (Current Employee), Huntsville, ONMay 5, 2012
Pros: can make my own hours as long as the job gets done, teamwork
Cons: mostly long hours in the high season, can be very physically and mentally exhausting.
A typical day can be very long for managers. Anywhere from 8 to 12 hours a day is required to get the job done when occupancy is high.
GM sometimes holds the process up by not getting back to the managers in a timely manner.
The hardest part of the job is the physical aspect of the job.....can take alot out of you.
The most enjoyable part of the job – more... is seeing the end result of our work and keeping the hotel up to standards that the guests expect and seeing the team work together and enjoy a laugh or two. – less
hard work job but its a nice environment
Housekeeping (Current Employee), downtown edmonton alberta,canadaApril 19, 2012
Pros: nice people
Cons: shortage of personnel
it's a very hardjob need hardwork eberytime its nice that my co-worker are very nice
Great Team Minded enviroment.
Banquet Supervisor (Former Employee), Barrie, ONApril 17, 2012
I love the people I work with, and love the people I have met in my career at the Holiday Inn
Front Desk Representative
Front Desk Representative (Current Employee), Baltimore, MDOctober 23, 2014
Cons: not enough hjours, doesnt offer a set schedule
A typical day at holiday begins with you going over any important information with the individual relieving you ,after that it is crucial that you count your register to make sure that the beginning balance is accurate,after that you must make sure all rooms are clean while you pre-assign rooms..we check guest in /out all while hadiling complaints and – more... answering questions,telephones and emails. – less
Great Part Time
Auditor (Former Employee), Fairhaven, MAOctober 23, 2014
Typical work shift consisted of me reviewing all transactions for the day and balancing them as well as customer services.

This job was great as I was a student and the hours were perfect for me to balance my schedule.
Hotel Operations Manager
Operations Manager/Project Manager (Current Employee), Bryant, AROctober 23, 2014
Pros: love working with people and making new relationships
Cons: keeping osat above average at an older property
Experienced Manager with excellent guest and project management skills. Action-oriented with strong ability to communicate effectively with technology as with executive and business audiences. I am personable, positive and performance driven.
Operations start-up, performance evaluations, revenue management, time and total quality management, employee – more... training, negotiation skills, sales driven, interpersonal skills, event planning and promotions, vendor sourcing, operations management. Trained in Opera, Merlin, Choice Advantage, Choice Central, Fosse, Marriott, M3, Quick Books, Eight years hotel management experience, successful with staff development, employee scheduling, hotel development and implementation, – less
Needs more Team Work!
Front Desk Clerk (Former Employee), Elk Grove, CAOctober 22, 2014
The day I was Hired, I recognize a lot of selfish ambition, meaning " what can I do get out of this company", Instead of working together like a team so that the company would be successful. The job wasn't difficult at all it had its moments such as customers complaining about their room, reservation , to noise, and most of all never having a credit – more... card for incidents. What I learned was how to manage your time; Answer phones and checking in customers was a task. The hardest part of the job was keeping the job. Often times are Opera system would crash and the computers were always slow, are equipment was never updated. The most enjoyable part of the job was the appreciation you receive from different customers, like giving tips or sending good reports through customer comments. Overall would I work here again ,Yes, because it challenged me to strive for a much higher and harder goal to achieve. – less
fast paced but fun
Conference Events Supervisor, Initially I (Current Employee), Harrogate, ENGOctober 22, 2014
Pros: fun place to work
Cons: not much progression
Every day can be different depending how busy the hotel is, when busy can be very rewarding but also hard work, when quiet you can focus on what you can improve so overall it balances itself out. Overall its a good place to work. In this job I learnt the more you put in to the job the more you get out of it.
is good service to the guest
Banquet Waiter (Former Employee), Pasig City,phillipinesOctober 21, 2014
Pros: free breakfast, lunch, dinner
Cons: long hours
• To ensure that every guests is satisfied and pleased their experience.
• Consistently serve quality food and beverages to every customer and participate in the team effort to make sure those guests are served as quickly as possible.
• Maintain quality standard when it comes to handling and preparing food orders
• To be able to describe and assemble – more... promoted products or beverages in accordance to the ongoing marketing promotions. – less
fun
Front Desk repersentative (Former Employee), Meridian, MSOctober 21, 2014
I love working with the public, meeting new people, I get alone well with co-workers, and try my very best to solve o help anyone in need.

About Holiday Inn

Holiday Inn Hotels & Resorts is part of the InterContinental Hotels Group family of brands with global headquarters in the – Read more