Holiday Inn

Holiday Inn Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
productive and busy workplace
Housekeeper (Former Employee), Newmarket, ONDecember 12, 2012
Pros: days went by fast due to it being constantly busy
Cons: no cons
Pizza done right was a very fast paced company to work for, and that is why I liked it. The shifts went by fast, and there was always something to do.
Productive and fun work place with a lot of interaction with customers.
Accounts Receivable (Former Employee), CalgaryNovember 19, 2012
A typical day at work was busy and productive. Learnt Oprah software and also learnt reconciling, making journal entries, collection skills for collecting money for overdue accounts. Good management and great co-workers always ready to help. The hardest part of the job was getting hold of the payble department for the companies with overdue accounts. – more... The most enjoyable part of the job was a lot of interaction with the customers and hotel guests while helping the front desk staff which also helpee in breaking away the daily routine work. – less
Not a long term prospective
Front Office Manager (Current Employee), Osoyoos, BCNovember 13, 2012
Pros: reputable organization, small team
Cons: opaque reimbursement plan, strong customer focus but weak of employee focus
Below par salary with zero salary reveiws
No benefits like MSP
Strong intereference of ownership in day to day management working
Limited vertical and horizontal communication
Inconsistant planning for important events
High employee turnover
An enjoyable learning experience
Full-time Rooms Division Supervisor/ Duty Manager (Former Employee), Cambridge, ONOctober 29, 2012
Pros: benefits, matching rrsp contributions, free lunches, anniversary and birthday stat days
Cons: working an average of 52 hours per week.
A typical day at work would include meeting and exceeding guests expecations in a fast paced environment while overseeing staff.

I learned the fundamentals of overseeing the housekeeping department and working with the other departments to accompish the goal of meeting guests needs first.

The most enjoyable part of the job was knowing that there would – more... be something different on a day-to-day basis. – less
Holiday Inn Express
Guest Services Supervisor/Manager on Duty (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABOctober 23, 2012
Pros: benefits package, team mentality at work, working with the public, how every day was an opportunity to learn
Cons: varying hours
I learned a great deal from this company both as a supervisor and as a guest services agent. I learned how to handle many different situations and the importance and value of treating everyone as the different individuals they are. I also learned how important it is to treat your team with respect and integrity, as well as how to be approachable.

A – more... typical day at work entailed assisting with customer complaints, phone inquiries, making reservations, and supervising the front desk team. Sometimes, it also entailed assisting the housekeeping department during heavy check-out days or when they were short staffed. – less
A Great Place To Work
Human Resource Coordinator (Current Employee), Toronto, ONOctober 15, 2012
Amazing culture with room to grow that is fostered by all senior management.
Great hotel, swimming pool.
Housekeeper (Former Employee), Hinton, ABSeptember 25, 2012
Pros: free breakfast and lunch.
Cons: some short hours.
I thought this place, was a really good place to work at, the people are very friendly.
kitchen well maintained
Chef (Former Employee), NLSeptember 15, 2012
Pros: located in home town
Cons: unionised
Nice kitchen , high turnover rate of employees including managers
Buisy and fun
Waitress/ bus girl (Former Employee), Calgary, ABSeptember 11, 2012
Pros: family
Cons: some very early mornings
I started working with my grandmother and mom at this hotel, the gentalmen that owned it was a family man and had no problem with this. I use to dress up as mrs. Clause, the Easter bunny and one year a clown for those special occasions. This job taught me a lot about a good work ethic and how to deal with customers.
Fast paced environment
Chambermaid (Former Employee), Ottawa, ONAugust 31, 2012
When I worked for the Holiday Inn,I enjoyed it very much probably because they gave you a list of what you had to do and you would complete it.
I loved working for them
Janitorial Assistant (Former Employee), Kenora, ONAugust 8, 2012
Because of my personality ,They found me other jobs instead of letting me go .They only reason I left that place of emploment was that I got married and moved to BC.
fast paced full of laughs
room attendant (Former Employee), Comox ValleyAugust 7, 2012
Pros: early mornings
Cons: finding linens
a typical day started at 8 am, stocking my cart, then doing some streches with everyone, and then getting our task sheets, if we were teamed up with someone or alone.
the hardest part of the job was having enough linens! lots of hunting for sheets!
the most enjoyable was the actual cleaning of the room, the Sparkle system they had in place was really – more... great, and i liked the routine of how each room was done, step by step. made my job a lot easier.
my boss was pretty great too, full of laughs and always did her best. – less
did not enjoy working here
Front desk Agent / Reservations (Former Employee), Calgary, ABJune 1, 2012
Was not a good work experience here, I liked the work however, when they found out I was pregnant they reduced my hours
People are friendly
Maintenance technician (Former Employee), Gatineau, QuébecMay 19, 2012
Pros: free lunch
Cons: no overtime
Co-workers are helpful
People are happly
People are loyal
Have fun
Great people to work with. Like to have fun but get the job done.
Executive Housekeeper (Current Employee), Huntsville, ONMay 5, 2012
Pros: can make my own hours as long as the job gets done, teamwork
Cons: mostly long hours in the high season, can be very physically and mentally exhausting.
A typical day can be very long for managers. Anywhere from 8 to 12 hours a day is required to get the job done when occupancy is high.
GM sometimes holds the process up by not getting back to the managers in a timely manner.
The hardest part of the job is the physical aspect of the job.....can take alot out of you.
The most enjoyable part of the job – more... is seeing the end result of our work and keeping the hotel up to standards that the guests expect and seeing the team work together and enjoy a laugh or two. – less
hard work job but its a nice environment
Housekeeping (Current Employee), downtown edmonton alberta,canadaApril 19, 2012
Pros: nice people
Cons: shortage of personnel
it's a very hardjob need hardwork eberytime its nice that my co-worker are very nice
Great Team Minded enviroment.
Banquet Supervisor (Former Employee), Barrie, ONApril 17, 2012
I love the people I work with, and love the people I have met in my career at the Holiday Inn
good place to start
Host / Cashier (Former Employee), Jonesboro, ARNovember 25, 2014
Pros: good inverment
Cons: no breaks
nice and friendly people learn to work at a new job, learning new stuff everyday feeling in charge learning to take charge helping your mental state self indenpendence
Overall great place to work.
Bellman (Current Employee), Huntsville, ALNovember 25, 2014
A typical day will be either busy or slow for me, hardly ever in betwwen. I enjoy my work atmosphere, including my associates, management, and even some guests at the hotel. I'm constantly learning new things about the city due to the fact that I drive guests around and most are from out of town.
a good place to work
Housekeeper (Former Employee), Marquette, MINovember 24, 2014
to get the work done as fast as possible and helping others to get done giving the customers best service in a friendly and courteous manner in the best way possible and to do the best you can every day.

About Holiday Inn

Holiday Inn Hotels & Resorts is part of the InterContinental Hotels Group family of brands with global headquarters in the – Read more