Holiday Inn Employee Reviews

Great work enviorment
Night Manager (Former Employee) –  Burlington, ONJanuary 11, 2016
A regular day at work is steady. I have learnt to do reveune reports for accounting and balance the restaurant. Management was easy to talk to and helpful with getting what we need to do our job.
Lots to complete, little training
Front Desk Agent (Former Employee) –  Lethbridge, ABJanuary 11, 2016
Overall, the Holiday Inn did not have the correct management in place to be training employees. If one messed up a transaction or email they were criticized by the management openly and in front of others. It became very tight-knit between the employees versus the management of the front desk. The most enjoyable part of the job was being able to learn quickly and keep up to the standards that were in place. I most enjoyed creating a relationship with other managers that were in other areas of the business.
Pros
Creating relationships with other employees and managers.
Cons
odd shifts, not very flexible
Productive & fun workplace
Switchboard Operator (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONJanuary 3, 2016
Great place to work fun work place with great staff and managers. Great hotel with lots of benefits and competitive salary.
productive and fun place with free lunch
Room Attendant (Current Employee) –  Kitchener, ONDecember 23, 2015
Performs routine duties in cleaning and servicing of guest rooms and baths under supervision of housekeeping supervisor. Room attendant promotes a positive image of the property to guests and must be pleasant, honest, friendly and should also able to address guest requests and problems....

I Believe in myself that I can do anything, the motivation that I  have can push me into doing a good job, to make people happy and  myself to be proud on my job.
My co-worker is friendly and i am so happy to be with them ,, there is a respect and team work between us ...
the hardest part in my work is when i have all the rooms checkout and everybody is busy no one helping you through that ...
the most enjoyable part is when we are working as a team and we done our work before it is time and our guests arrive happily .
Pros
Free Lunch
Cons
9 hours
Bad managaent
Banquet Server (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MBDecember 17, 2015
Fire your banquet manager and everything will be alright he is the incarnation of hitler.Will ask you personl questions just to have a chat with other empolyess about it
Pros
non
Cons
manager
fun at times not always a welcome environment
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Brockville, ONDecember 15, 2015
found the people i worked with not very team productive
found that management wasn't very helpful at times

found that there was alot bulling going around

was not a very nice place to work

lots of customers complain and nothing was done
Pros
nothing
Cons
nothing
Calm and fast paced environment
Housekeeper (Current Employee) –  Medicine Hat, ABDecember 9, 2015
the work environment was calm and fast paced. the ladies all knew what to do once we got the day started. there was times where it was pretty stressful due the hotel being sold to another company.
Good place to work, when proper amount of workers are working
Laundry Room Attendant (Former Employee) –  Red Deer, ABDecember 4, 2015
Most days are good, some can be so busy that we should have had more people on. Learn to adjust to the managements way of doing things. Most coworkers were great. The hardest part was to try and do the work of two people on a busy day. I really like my job
Pros
Kept you busy, day went fast
Cons
Some days to busy for one person
Productive and fun workplace
Housekeeper/Laundry/Breakfast/Front Desk (Current Employee) –  Dryden, ONNovember 27, 2015
I work mornings/evenings and sometimes the grave yard shift- The staff is very friendly- I have upgraded my computer skills while working at holiday inn - down fall of this job is there is no benefits and lots of miscommunication
Good work place
Houseman (Current Employee) –  Canmore, ABNovember 22, 2015
Fun work place with supportive management but it is low rate.
It is good work place when you start to work at hotel and you have many experience of hotel work? It would be not so good place to work.
boring and mundane
Customer Service/ Associate Team Leader (Former Employee) –  tim hortonsNovember 19, 2015
same thing in and out
treat employees like garbage
force overtime
short hours on pay checks
horrible benefits
no staff appreciation
great place
Laundry Attendant (Former Employee) –  Sarnia, ONNovember 19, 2015
I spent 5 years working here
great people
lots to do to keep busy
treat their staff great
holiday Christmas party was always fun.
socializing with people dancingstop being happy
Cleanig- house keeoing (Former Employee) –  Saint John, NBNovember 17, 2015
I love to my job and then when I was finished I would hope someone elseI seem to get along with most people They told me I could come back to work there But that type of work is too hard on me would like the opportunity to come to be employed by your company
Cons
Some days busyer then that theres so I could vary between 6 7 to 8 time hours
Professional
Front Desk Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Charlottetown, PEOctober 30, 2015
This was probably my favorite job, very fun but very professional. They take pride in their property and also their loyalty program. I have grown from this job. The hardest part of the job would be hockey teams those weekends were stressful but as a team we got through it. Every hotel probably understands where I am coming from, the most enjoyable part was getting to meet people from all over the world, learning a lot of things that will help me with my career in the future.
Pros
Excellent team
Cons
Hockey teams
Housekeeper
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Barrie, ONOctober 22, 2015
I had alot of fun working here, not just because the people at the time were fun, but in a way you get your freedom while cleaning each room.
Some days are crazy (ie. after any holiday) but its still a great place to work.
very disorganized and not a secure job
Food and Beverage manager (Current Employee) –  the Bistro 2100October 15, 2015
-The owner involve in every Decision makes it hard to work and annoying
-The owner doesn't want to spent any money to improve any thing
- the turn over of staff is very high
Awful
Front Desk Agent (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABOctober 13, 2015
I would never ever ever work for this individual property again.

The general manager treated her employees like unprofessionally and also treated hotel staff the same way.

The general manager does not keep staff.
great co workers
Building Maintenance Worker (Former Employee) –  airportOctober 12, 2015
good place to work a bit out of the way the other employees were great to work with the job is unstable and lay offs are guaranteed the owners really have no idea how great there workers are
Pros
great work
Cons
unstable work
Every day was unique and offered new challenges
Catering Manager (Former Employee) –  North Vancouver BCOctober 7, 2015
I really enjoyed my position as Catering Manager and looked forward to coming to work each day. There were always new clients with different requirements, such as corporate meetings and weddings and social/holiday events. I enjoyed creating long term working relationships with many clients and receiving kudos for a well organized event.
The one thing I really learned was how to listen and when to offer my advice, while always keeping the budget and sales projections in mind. I learned how to tactfully "upsell" to generate more revenue for the company. I enjoyed being an integral part of a productive team with my co-workers in other hotel departments, as well as leading my own staff on the catering team.
Catering events come with its own unique challenges, and I learned to become very resourceful to overcome these challenges.
I loved every aspect of the job, but I think the hardest challenge would be negotiating with clients who pushed too hard for better deals - even after the event was over! I never lost a client over this challenge however and everyone was happy in the end.
I left the position because an opportunity came up to go back to school to obtain my ECE certificate to work in a daycare with children.
Pros
Lots of autonomy with leadership opportunities, personal satisfaction in being responsible for a succesful event.
Cons
No more room to grow and advance
Good work environment
Front Desk representative (Former Employee) –  leducOctober 5, 2015
A very nice to place to work at with exceptional management that makes the work place feel comfortable and safe. It provided me with great knowledge about customer service that I will carry on for the rest of my life.