Holiday Inn Employee Reviews

good staff
Chief Engineer (Current Employee) –  Burlington, ON14 September 2016
over seeing all preventative maintenance , ongoing maintenance issues , keeping guests satisfaction up.
Working and organizing with outside contractors on an ongoing basis.
rebuilt maintenance department with new qualified , dependable maintenance helpers
Pros
free lunch
Cons
extra hours
Productive workplace
House Keeper (Current Employee) –  Surrey, BC12 September 2016
Its a good place to work but iam always open too growth and opportunities. Management and co workers are very helpful and cooperative. i learned a lot during this job
Pros
free lunches
Cons
very productive and I enjoyed my responsibilities.
Housekeeping supervisor (Former Employee) –  Saskatoon, SK6 September 2016
I thoroughly enjoyed this workplace, right until the end. I was able to maintain my full responsibilities with ease. I felt a great sense of pride in maintaining my work load and keeping guests happy and enjoying their experience within the hotel.
Pros
staff parties
Cons
drama within the team
productive and fun work
Room Attendant (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QC31 August 2016
a nice work place to be with. the management is so nice and there is equality in every employee. the boss are leaders that helps their subordinates. two thumbs up for the supervisors and managers.
Fun & Satisfying place of employment
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB30 August 2016
I enjoyed working at Holiday Inn. The management was great and the working atmosphere was incredible. I would recommend this hotel to anyone. Very interactive work place, mostly friendly staff, benefits were great, independent type of work, long shifts. The management & staff always made each day great for both the guests and the employees! Most enjoyable part of the job was interacting with the different guests & building relationships with the regulars.
Pros
meeting new people everyday
Cons
night shifts
Fast paced enviroment
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Charlottetown, PE29 August 2016
Often work load is heavy. Hard to keep employees. Staff is nice. Often receive tips. Management often very understanding. Very friendly costumers
Productive workdays with co staff
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Lethbridge, AB26 August 2016
Everyday was different, I enjoyed working with the people who were involved in my workplace area. Everyone worked well as a team, there were some days where it was longer and harder than others, but always made it through. It was fun getting to know different people.
Pros
Discounts
Cons
Worst company i have ever worked for. The Company does not respect the employee contracts, and the union only cares for the union. You're on your own.
Bartender (Former Employee) –  Halifax, NS18 August 2016
Not a Company to grow with. I started with the Company in 2011, with a signed contract for a full time Bartender position. Over the four years of employment the union and Management used loopholes to take my full time shifts and give them to under qualified persons, while leaving me with one or two breakfast serving shifts, by the end the Union told me to get another job...so I did. The company told me if I did not work the breakfast shifts I would be fired. Having another bartender job, breakfast was impossible for me to do, so they let me go and said that I quit. WORST COMPANY AND MANAGEMENT EVER!
decent work place
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Regina, SK17 August 2016
great work place, friendly people, neat & tidy
worked there for 2 years and met some nice coworkers
holiday inn was the first place that ive been hired at
Pros
free pop
Cons
hard work
Good company
Housekeeping (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB13 August 2016
it is just an ordinary day to work in the morning, I learned to do my tasks in a minimum supervision. My co-workers are indeed supportive for each other.The hardest part of my job is when there is no stuff to provide but one thing I enjoy is when I receive a tip from the guests.
Pros
Friendly people
Cons
short hours
housekeeper
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB12 August 2016
meet new people, work with others, and training others
I enjoy to do cleaning and making others happy with their rooms
organize everything
Guest Services Manager (Current Employee) –  North York, ON11 August 2016
Learned a lot while working with this company. Meeting new people, working closely with the staff members in a group, resolved all the issues and complaints very professionally.
typical work
Houseman/Housekeeping/Building Maintenance (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB3 August 2016
tiring work for a newbie. trust yourself. work individual basis. co-worker are team player but need to do own job. hardest part is some of managers are not friendly and role model.
Very nice stuff
Front Desk Agent (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON2 August 2016
Holiday inn very secure place to work. The best part is a team. Very helpful and enjoyable to work with. I really enjoyed my time there.
Unprofessional Unenjoyable Place to work
Room Attendant (Current Employee) –  Dartmouth, NS2 August 2016
A typical day at work, was being nagged about everything possible, and constantly being told I wasn't doing things properly after not getting the training I needed.
The co-workers were amazing to work with, kind of gossipy, but thats expected at every job. It was the management team that was unprofessional and unfair to ALL workers.
Hardest part of the job was all of it because it was a stressful place to work.
Pros
Good tips
great staff, we have a swimming pool and a weight room/ excersize room
Technician (Current Employee) –  Richmond Hill, ON27 July 2016
great place to work I just wish I could get more hours. I really do love this job but I do not see a future here. I need room for advancement and more hours!
Pros
free breakfast
Cons
no room for advancement
no hope for future
Shuttle Driver /Bellman (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB22 July 2016
This job has no advancement in the near future, if ever, and also we will not receive any raises unless minimum wage increases, as well as management seems to not be acting fair when gratuities are given,
Pros
close to home
Cons
Income potential with this job
Productive Busy Workplace
Night Auditor (Accountant) (Current Employee) –  St. John's, NL20 July 2016
Housekeeping
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Dartmouth, NS20 July 2016
I felt that my age was to young compared to the others. The pay was great and the hours were workable. My management was not ideal.
Pros
Good pay, great hours, nice people.
Cons
no sick days, hard work, no respect.
Team is good
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Lethbridge, AB16 July 2016
Always facing the unknown when going into work. The team was very good to work with .Management was selfish, and did not care about its staff. Treated its foreign workers horribly. Would not work there again.
Pros
Small, friendly team of coworkers
Cons
Hard work, for little pay.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Holiday Inn. Our community is ready to answer.