Holiday Inn

Holiday Inn Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Fun workplace
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Brampton, ONMay 4, 2013
- Co-workers were helpful.
- Most enjoyable part was meeting new people.
Productive and fun place with barbeque, games, pool table...
Shuttle driver (Former Employee), Calgary, ABMay 1, 2013
March 2013
Was late for about 2 hours
Came in and found out that it was not busy at all
Then started as soon as arrived at work
Had a talk with my manager
Got a verbal warning
And never did that again.
Productive and great workplace with
Guest Services Representative (Current Employee), Greater Sudbury, ONApril 10, 2013
Pros: free meals
Cons: great hours
 Safety & Environmental
- Equipment & Tools Handling
 Maintenance Effectiveness Assessment Project – less
work day
House keeping (Current Employee), Sarnia, ONMarch 21, 2013
Cleaning the rooms and making sure everything needed in the rooms.
good work place
Waitress (Former Employee), sudburyMarch 14, 2013
Pros: free supper
Cons: not enough hours
Good people loved the job but not the hours. The hardest part was the timing.
A day as Manager on Duty
Manager On Duty/ F&B Supervisor/Porter (Current Employee), Cambridge, ONMarch 2, 2013
Pros: a meal a shift is included
Cons: sometimes a small guest concern takes too long to be handled
A typical day walking into work could start off with resetting a room that has to go for a meeting again tonight. Today is also a day that you have to work as housekeeping, porter, and maintenance because they are not scheduled tonight. Then making sure the lounge is stocked with liquor. Next I try to cover breaks to get those out of the way for the – more... night (the front desk staff and the lounge). Then I will usually have a couple room services through out the night to deliver. Then do call backs to make sure their dinner was perfect. I try to grab a meal in between there for about 5 minutes then back to setting meeting rooms for functions that go tomorrow. There will probably be a couple deliveries to bring up a couple blankets, microwave, fridge, toothbrush, new remote for the TV or some guest concern to deal with. I have to also make sure I keep an eye on any staff that is working during my shift to follow up with them and see how their work is coming along.

I've learned that not all days will be fun but the days are what you make them. Positive attitude when working in this industry or any industry really matters because you can be so easily drained if you do not roll with the punches.

The hardest part of my job is when a manager does not do their part during the morning shift and then expect the night staff to pick up the slack. For example to help save on hours the morning manager will call off an employee for the morning but then will not cover what needs to be done for that person. They will go into their office and do their work and then leave the work for the night staff that's coming to do everything themselves. What makes it worse is the fact that this person now has to do the morning persons job, his job and any other persons in that 8 hour shift. It really is more annoying and stressful than anything else.

Management for the most part does their best but when it comes to the everyday small concerns that guests really need dealt with the managers drop the ball.

The most enjoyable part of my job are the people. The core staff is great which is why this place is such an awesome place to work for. – less
productive lady
Room Attendant (Former Employee), torontoFebruary 14, 2013
Pros: free lunch
Cons: long hours
I enjoy working with people from different background.I enjoy working long hours shift.
Teamwork, monitors to let helping each others, call to supervisors
Housekeeping (Former Employee), Sault Ste. marie, ONJanuary 18, 2013
Pros: break time for lunch and snack
Learn to how monitors for rooms in the hotels, Call to supervisor if they call the man fix tools for shower or sinks (problems). I was first step to let learn work volunteer ( with teamwork).
Poor Management in place
Duty Manager/Senior Auditor (Former Employee), Calgary, ABJanuary 15, 2013
Pros: great location
Cons: no career advancement
Hotel changed management back to Aug 2011on a sale of property and in the process lost good experienced staff
Friendly work atmosphere
Housekeeping/Laundry (Former Employee), Barrie, ONJanuary 9, 2013
Pros: good work environment with co-workers, team work involved.
Cons: work hours vary depending on how many rooms were sold in the hotel.
What to expect on a typical day at work: fast paced environment, paying attention to detail, physically demanding, working under minimal supervision.

It is mostly busy on weekends, but when it becomes overbearing the employees work in a team to help out which is great.
A lot of physical work but a great experience
Hotel renovation worker (Former Employee), Vancouver, BCJanuary 8, 2013
Pros: flexible hours, good lunch breaks, great manager, nice co-workers
Cons: heavy lifting and assembling furniture
I had a great experience working at the Holiday Inn. The manager was kind and he was flexible with the hours. There was a lot of physical work that needed to be done. I was hired to relocate the old furniture from the guest rooms down to the hotel basement as the hotel was being renovated. My co-workers were friendly and polite they would invite me – more... out to lunch. The salary was good I got paid 15 dollars an hour. One of the most hardest parts of the job was lifting the heavy furniture. The most enjoyable part was the people I met, I met so many people from different backgrounds and different positions in the job that you learn so much by talking to them. – less
Work a lot and learn a lot
Front Desk Agent (Former Employee), VancouverJanuary 2, 2013
Pros: learning opportunity
Cons: wage, benefit
Work a lot and learn a lot but money and benefit isnt there.
Perfect job or stepping stone for rookie to begin their career in the industry
Holiday Inn review
Kitchen helper, banquet server (Former Employee), Sydney, NSDecember 20, 2012
pretty good, good culture,pretty good, good culturepretty good, good culturepretty good, good culture
Holiday Inn
Chef Assistant (Former Employee), Cambridge, ONDecember 18, 2012
Holiday Inn was a great place to work the people that work there are amazing and they are really friendly.
clean and good place to stay ,close to waterfun and movie theatre.
Housekeeper (Former Employee), Richmond, BCDecember 17, 2012
Pros: free breakfast
Cons: sometimes we work short hour
I work there only weekend ,so what i"ve learned to this field is to have a good communication and interpersonal relation to the guest and being organized .
Enjoyable experiance
Sous Chef and Dining Room Leader (Former Employee), Truro, NSDecember 17, 2012
A very good place to work. I left to return home to Ontario. Was difficult to work with cooks with no passion
productive and busy workplace
Housekeeper (Former Employee), Newmarket, ONDecember 12, 2012
Pros: days went by fast due to it being constantly busy
Cons: no cons
Pizza done right was a very fast paced company to work for, and that is why I liked it. The shifts went by fast, and there was always something to do.
Productive and fun work place with a lot of interaction with customers.
Accounts Receivable (Former Employee), CalgaryNovember 19, 2012
A typical day at work was busy and productive. Learnt Oprah software and also learnt reconciling, making journal entries, collection skills for collecting money for overdue accounts. Good management and great co-workers always ready to help. The hardest part of the job was getting hold of the payble department for the companies with overdue accounts. – more... The most enjoyable part of the job was a lot of interaction with the customers and hotel guests while helping the front desk staff which also helpee in breaking away the daily routine work. – less
Not a long term prospective
Front Office Manager (Current Employee), Osoyoos, BCNovember 13, 2012
Pros: reputable organization, small team
Cons: opaque reimbursement plan, strong customer focus but weak of employee focus
Below par salary with zero salary reveiws
No benefits like MSP
Strong intereference of ownership in day to day management working
Limited vertical and horizontal communication
Inconsistant planning for important events
High employee turnover
An enjoyable learning experience
Full-time Rooms Division Supervisor/ Duty Manager (Former Employee), Cambridge, ONOctober 29, 2012
Pros: benefits, matching rrsp contributions, free lunches, anniversary and birthday stat days
Cons: working an average of 52 hours per week.
A typical day at work would include meeting and exceeding guests expecations in a fast paced environment while overseeing staff.

I learned the fundamentals of overseeing the housekeeping department and working with the other departments to accompish the goal of meeting guests needs first.

The most enjoyable part of the job was knowing that there would – more... be something different on a day-to-day basis. – less

About Holiday Inn

Holiday Inn Hotels & Resorts is part of the InterContinental Hotels Group family of brands with global headquarters in the – Read more