Holiday Inn Employee Reviews in Canada

Good work place
Houseman (Current Employee) –  Canmore, ABNovember 22, 2015
Fun work place with supportive management but it is low rate.
It is good work place when you start to work at hotel and you have many experience of hotel work? It would be not so good place to work.
hard working
Toronto, On Housekeeping Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONMarch 2, 2016
I learned patience. My coworkers are pleasant. The hardest part of my job is flipping rooms. Working with different people
organized and clean work place with happy and friendly people.
Housekeeping & Laundry (Current Employee) –  Oakville, ONJanuary 18, 2016
I clean 16 Rooms a day in 8 hrs. Check ins, check outs and occupied rooms.
I also run a whole laundry room Washing, drying and pressing linens for 144 rooms in the hotel, a restaurant and many banquet rooms.
The Best part of the job is the people, Co-workers & Guests. It is a very friendly and happy work place!
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
being On-Call.
Not the best experience
Maintenance Technician (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABFebruary 29, 2016
New bosses still trying to figure out their jobs made it difficult to work here. Both the manager of maintenance as well as the hotel were new to their jobs and still finding their way.
Pros
Free meals
Cons
No communication
boring and mundane
Customer Service/ Associate Team Leader (Former Employee) –  tim hortonsNovember 19, 2015
same thing in and out
treat employees like garbage
force overtime
short hours on pay checks
horrible benefits
no staff appreciation
Positive environment with motivated employees, team work is essential!!
Front Office Manager (Current Employee) –  Oakville, ONJanuary 23, 2016
Love working here. My staff is great and everyone works together as a team. We conduct team building exercises and have outings together.
We work as a family.
working environment
Front Desk Agent/Night Auditor (Current Employee) –  Barrie, ONOctober 4, 2015
staff need to pay for the meal, and only can have 1 meal per shift
sometime chief is not pay attention to staff meal

management team is nice and always willing to teach you.
some of the co-workers are not friendly enough.
Pros
food always too much
Cons
staff meal not free
The brand was awesome
Houseman (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ONJanuary 22, 2016
I am honored to work for such a great brand, unfortunately, being disabled at this workplace led to many misunderstandings, and some unnecessary discomfort between me and a few managers, but I never gave up, and sought this job right to the end. I'm thankful for this accomplishment.
Pros
being employed by Holiday Inn
Cons
poor managment
Front Desk Clerk (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONMarch 1, 2016
It is great environment and fun to work for.

They look for self-directed individual who possesses initiative combined with the ability to work independently and with minimal supervision
Pros
Fun
Cons
Good hours
No respect
Guest service agent, Social media champion (Current Employee) –  Fort Saskatchewan, ABJuly 6, 2015
Very hard working, no promotion no free weekends, working by yourself at night in the hotel, sometimes working double shifts, repairing mistakes of housekeeping
Pros
meeting new people
Cons
long hours, afternoons alone at the hotel
Pleasant working environment, very positive
Night Auditor and Front desk staff (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ONJanuary 1, 2015
I learned a bunch on the job, and it really keeps you on your feet. Working night audit makes the job a lot more difficult, especially on weekends. The job itself isn't very pleasant, but the management and staff are excellent and keep you motivated. A day at work included accounting most of all, as there was a lot of paperwork and report organizing. Regardless, I would get around 3 hours of downtime in which I could relax for a little bit unless a guest is in need. The only issue is the hours, as night shift ruins your sleep schedule and it couldn't work with me and school.
Pros
hotel discounts
Cons
long hours, tough shift, a lot of paperwork
Great team to work with
Front Desk Agent (Current Employee) –  Milton, ONFebruary 7, 2016
A pretty easy going job, the people are the best part of the job and also can be the most challenging. The hotel could use some renovations and upgrades that would help our job run smoother.
Never Boring
Guest Services Manager (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONFebruary 1, 2016
- Hours are not great and depending on who is the managing company work environment can be very different.

- Great training opportunities
Holiday Inn
Night Audit Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Newmarket, ONFebruary 27, 2016
Started at this hotel from day one and saw it quickly become one of the most established properties in all of Charleston, SC.
terrible hours
Front Desk Supervisor/MOD (Former Employee) –  Burlington, ONJanuary 21, 2016
employees were expected to do jobs not in their job description....eg: front desk managers do electrical work. employees were not happy with the cleanliness of the hotel. bed bugs in many of the rooms
Pros
Cons
straight afternoons..wednesday-sunday
socializing with people dancingstop being happy
Cleanig- house keeoing (Former Employee) –  Saint John, NBNovember 17, 2015
I love to my job and then when I was finished I would hope someone elseI seem to get along with most people They told me I could come back to work there But that type of work is too hard on me would like the opportunity to come to be employed by your company
Cons
Some days busyer then that theres so I could vary between 6 7 to 8 time hours
excellent
cleaner (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONOctober 15, 2014
Housekeepers at Holiday Inn clean and organize rooms and corridors in a timely and effective manner. Specific duties include cleaning rooms by category priority, using proper cleaning chemicals for different surfaces, and reporting damages or maintenance issues. Additional job duties a Holiday Inn housekeeper may need to carry out include restocking the supply cart and turning in lost and found items to the front desk. Holiday Inn hires cleaning associates demonstrating dedication and attention to detail.staff was cooperative ,friendly work as a team ,the management was very good. the most enjoyable part of this job was continues learning of new skills of how to deal with diffrent culture.
Pros
free one meal
Good work environment
Front Desk representative (Former Employee) –  leducOctober 5, 2015
A very nice to place to work at with exceptional management that makes the work place feel comfortable and safe. It provided me with great knowledge about customer service that I will carry on for the rest of my life.
Fast paced environment filled with great people
My current position is Housekeeping (Current Employee) –  Windsor ONFebruary 16, 2015
In a typical work day I work 8 hours a day and am required to complete 16 rooms a day. I am also required to do laundry and shift work on occasion as well as all general cleaning duties.
The management staff gives us great feedback as well as all the proper training and are great with the employees on a professional and personal level. They take the time and patients to make sure we are long lasting team members, with most staff on 10 or more years.
My co-workers are all great with attending to guests needs as well as working as a team to help out and get the job done.
The hardest part of the job is, as we are a Hotel, we see large fluctuations in vacancy. It can be very high energy and fast paced at times, and can be a a little stressful, but with the staff being such a great team and eager to help, the job is always done right and on time.
The most enjoyable part of the job for me, is the interactions with the Guests and making sure we go above and beyond for them. It really instills a sense of pride and satisfaction for myself, my guests and management
Pros
incentives such as lunches and gift cards or family discounts
Cons
long hours when busy
great place
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Victoria, BCOctober 3, 2015
Amazing work place. Great staff. Amazing management, High paced work force, Enjoyed the fast pace. Cleaning and efficiant. All around happy and great energy place to work.
Pros
Amazing staff
Cons
Not enough staff