Holiday Inn

Holiday Inn Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
A great place to work
Banquets Manager (Current Employee), Burlington, ONJune 20, 2013
Pros: free lunches
Cons: really long days
Great place to work, like every hotel had some great days and some bad days, gained lot of knowledge regarding pay roll and improved my skills in Banquets, lead 30 staff with big events around 600 guests,Co-workers are great to work with, the hardest part of the job is to keep all the guests happy but the Hospitality is all about to take good care of – more... the guests,so i am sure most of the guests,Director and my General manager are happy with my Management skills, the most enjoyable part of the job is you meet so many guests from different parts of the world love to talk to them to make sure they feel comfortable and happy to stay in our hotel. – less
not for everyone
everywhere (Former Employee), vancouverJune 18, 2013
Pros: good benefits and pay
its a hard place to move up
like lots of restaurants theres always drama
the staff are friendly
productive place with a pool and weight room
Room Attendant (Former Employee), Toronto, ONJune 15, 2013
Pros: free lunch
Cons: no employee parking
a nice and friendly atmosphere, i learned that your spend more time at work than with your family so we must all get along. The management is friendly. My co-worker were helpful. The hardest part of the job was getting yeld at my the guest, or running out of linen. Putting a smile on a guest faceor a co-worker.
On the Job
Chef Assistant (Former Employee), Cambridge, ONJune 4, 2013
Pros: free lunches, great supportive relationships.
Cons: it got really hot and busy at times
The co workers I had in the kitchen were amazing, they helped me demonstrate the skills I needed to be succusful in the workplace. They were all friendly and supportive and they made the work not stressful on the busy days because we were all there to help each other out and make sure that the guest were happy with their meals.
Productive and fun work place
Front Desk Agent & Guest Experience Champion (Former Employee), Huntsville, ONJune 3, 2013
The Holiday Inn offered me the chance to build on my client services skills and be apart of branding. Over the duration of my employment I learned many skills that can be applied to all varieties of employment. Over all working for Holiday Inn was like being part of a large family.
hectic but fun and exctiting
Guest Service Representative (Former Employee), Winnipeg, MBMay 27, 2013
Pros: the staff, helping others and meeting new people
Cons: long hours
While working at Holiday Inn, I learned so much. In a typical day, I got the chance to meet people from all over the world. I learned about customer service, what needs to be done to keep guests happy and how to deal with the public in a professional manner. Management was one of the pros in the job because they are extremely understanding and know – more... that sometimes life happens and accommodated it to the best of their abilities. The hardest part of the job is dealing with difficult customers but all that negative energy was taken away by the staff and management. they never pressured me to deal with anything i felt uncomfortable about and were again, very understanding. – less
Revived the account receivable department was a good challenge
Account Receivables (Former Employee), Brussels, BelgiumMay 7, 2013
Pros: work without supervision
Cons: the cafeteria was not really nice.
When I took the job, no one was in charge of the account receivable for almost 7 months. One day at the time, I worked and worked to get the money back. I trained an assistant and it took 3 months but we did it.

It was hard when the clients were upset and refused to pay their invoices but we always found an arrangement.

It was a pleasure to have the – more... Account Receivable up to date with an office clean and well organized. – less
Fun workplace
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Brampton, ONMay 4, 2013
- Co-workers were helpful.
- Most enjoyable part was meeting new people.
Productive and fun place with barbeque, games, pool table...
Shuttle driver (Former Employee), Calgary, ABMay 1, 2013
March 2013
Was late for about 2 hours
Came in and found out that it was not busy at all
Then started as soon as arrived at work
Had a talk with my manager
Got a verbal warning
And never did that again.
best training place
Trainee Food and Beverage Department (Former Employee), NicosiaApril 27, 2013
Pros: free lunch and drinks
Cons: shift break
- Banquet setting.
- food and beverage services and banqueting.
- contributing trust worthy.
- Hardworking.
- Banquet Hall setup for each customer satisfaction.
- working with other employees with same ages.
Productive and great workplace with
Guest Services Representative (Current Employee), Greater Sudbury, ONApril 10, 2013
Pros: free meals
Cons: great hours
 Safety & Environmental
- Equipment & Tools Handling
 Maintenance Effectiveness Assessment Project – less
GREAT PLACE TO WORK
SOUS CHEF (Former Employee), COCHIN.KERALA,INDIAMarch 24, 2013
Cons: have to be present for all three meal periods in the hotel.
GUEST RELATIONS
BEING A PART OF THE RESTAURANT,BEING WITH THE TEAM WHILE WORKING
CLIMBING UP THE LADDER - A NOT EASY PROCESS.
work day
House keeping (Current Employee), Sarnia, ONMarch 21, 2013
Cleaning the rooms and making sure everything needed in the rooms.
good work place
Waitress (Former Employee), sudburyMarch 14, 2013
Pros: free supper
Cons: not enough hours
Good people loved the job but not the hours. The hardest part was the timing.
A day as Manager on Duty
Manager On Duty/ F&B Supervisor/Porter (Current Employee), Cambridge, ONMarch 2, 2013
Pros: a meal a shift is included
Cons: sometimes a small guest concern takes too long to be handled
A typical day walking into work could start off with resetting a room that has to go for a meeting again tonight. Today is also a day that you have to work as housekeeping, porter, and maintenance because they are not scheduled tonight. Then making sure the lounge is stocked with liquor. Next I try to cover breaks to get those out of the way for the – more... night (the front desk staff and the lounge). Then I will usually have a couple room services through out the night to deliver. Then do call backs to make sure their dinner was perfect. I try to grab a meal in between there for about 5 minutes then back to setting meeting rooms for functions that go tomorrow. There will probably be a couple deliveries to bring up a couple blankets, microwave, fridge, toothbrush, new remote for the TV or some guest concern to deal with. I have to also make sure I keep an eye on any staff that is working during my shift to follow up with them and see how their work is coming along.

I've learned that not all days will be fun but the days are what you make them. Positive attitude when working in this industry or any industry really matters because you can be so easily drained if you do not roll with the punches.

The hardest part of my job is when a manager does not do their part during the morning shift and then expect the night staff to pick up the slack. For example to help save on hours the morning manager will call off an employee for the morning but then will not cover what needs to be done for that person. They will go into their office and do their work and then leave the work for the night staff that's coming to do everything themselves. What makes it worse is the fact that this person now has to do the morning persons job, his job and any other persons in that 8 hour shift. It really is more annoying and stressful than anything else.

Management for the most part does their best but when it comes to the everyday small concerns that guests really need dealt with the managers drop the ball.

The most enjoyable part of my job are the people. The core staff is great which is why this place is such an awesome place to work for. – less
productive lady
Room Attendant (Former Employee), torontoFebruary 14, 2013
Pros: free lunch
Cons: long hours
I enjoy working with people from different background.I enjoy working long hours shift.
Teamwork, monitors to let helping each others, call to supervisors
Housekeeping (Former Employee), Sault Ste. marie, ONJanuary 18, 2013
Pros: break time for lunch and snack
Learn to how monitors for rooms in the hotels, Call to supervisor if they call the man fix tools for shower or sinks (problems). I was first step to let learn work volunteer ( with teamwork).
Poor Management in place
Duty Manager/Senior Auditor (Former Employee), Calgary, ABJanuary 15, 2013
Pros: great location
Cons: no career advancement
Hotel changed management back to Aug 2011on a sale of property and in the process lost good experienced staff
Friendly work atmosphere
Housekeeping/Laundry (Former Employee), Barrie, ONJanuary 9, 2013
Pros: good work environment with co-workers, team work involved.
Cons: work hours vary depending on how many rooms were sold in the hotel.
What to expect on a typical day at work: fast paced environment, paying attention to detail, physically demanding, working under minimal supervision.

It is mostly busy on weekends, but when it becomes overbearing the employees work in a team to help out which is great.
A lot of physical work but a great experience
Hotel renovation worker (Former Employee), Vancouver, BCJanuary 8, 2013
Pros: flexible hours, good lunch breaks, great manager, nice co-workers
Cons: heavy lifting and assembling furniture
I had a great experience working at the Holiday Inn. The manager was kind and he was flexible with the hours. There was a lot of physical work that needed to be done. I was hired to relocate the old furniture from the guest rooms down to the hotel basement as the hotel was being renovated. My co-workers were friendly and polite they would invite me – more... out to lunch. The salary was good I got paid 15 dollars an hour. One of the most hardest parts of the job was lifting the heavy furniture. The most enjoyable part was the people I met, I met so many people from different backgrounds and different positions in the job that you learn so much by talking to them. – less

About Holiday Inn

John Q. Hammons Hotels & Resorts has several rooms with a view. The hotel development company owns and operates approximately – Read more