Holiday Inn

Holiday Inn Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Productive and Safe Workplace
House Keeping Section (Current Employee), Richmond, BCSeptember 16, 2013
Pros: free parking
Cons: long hours
A typical day of work, my first day when you have to learn all the techniques. I learned a lot to manage all the assigned tasks, co-workers are all good and friendly, there's no hard of the job if you just enjoy and like your job.
Free lunch every Friday.
Houseman (Former Employee), Calgary, ABSeptember 6, 2013
Pros: occasional tips from hotel customers.
Cons: limited working hours.
A typical day of work includes cleaning washrooms, floors, furnitures, windows, and as per assigned by the duty Supervisor.
Fun place to work
Housekeeper/Supervisor (Former Employee), Medicine Hat, ABSeptember 5, 2013
Hard work, but good for the body. Great people worked there when I was there.
Overall I feel there is no appreciation shown for the very hard working staff.
Executive Housekeeper (Current Employee), Collingwood, ONSeptember 4, 2013
The staff are a great bunch to work with, however there is no incentive for the staff from management at all. There are no benefits and really no room to grow further within the company.
Small responsibilities being an employee as maintenance person
MAINTENANCE STAFF (Former Employee), North Vancouver, BCAugust 10, 2013
Do room maintenance, first time experience in canada with good managerial people and friendly co-workers and doing some hardwork outside the building during winter time.
good
Housekeeping (Former Employee), Toronto, ONJuly 29, 2013
Craning hotel room quickly, neaty, and efectivery
Learn how to work with people
Not the best housekeeping management
Housekeeper (Former Employee), Calgary, ABJuly 23, 2013
Pros: co- workers were great
Cons: managment
The supervisor was the worst person I have ever worked with and should not have been in any type of supervisor position.
A great place to work
Banquets Manager (Current Employee), Burlington, ONJune 20, 2013
Pros: free lunches
Cons: really long days
Great place to work, like every hotel had some great days and some bad days, gained lot of knowledge regarding pay roll and improved my skills in Banquets, lead 30 staff with big events around 600 guests,Co-workers are great to work with, the hardest part of the job is to keep all the guests happy but the Hospitality is all about to take good care of – more... the guests,so i am sure most of the guests,Director and my General manager are happy with my Management skills, the most enjoyable part of the job is you meet so many guests from different parts of the world love to talk to them to make sure they feel comfortable and happy to stay in our hotel. – less
not for everyone
everywhere (Former Employee), vancouverJune 18, 2013
Pros: good benefits and pay
its a hard place to move up
like lots of restaurants theres always drama
the staff are friendly
productive place with a pool and weight room
Room Attendant (Former Employee), Toronto, ONJune 15, 2013
Pros: free lunch
Cons: no employee parking
a nice and friendly atmosphere, i learned that your spend more time at work than with your family so we must all get along. The management is friendly. My co-worker were helpful. The hardest part of the job was getting yeld at my the guest, or running out of linen. Putting a smile on a guest faceor a co-worker.
On the Job
Chef Assistant (Former Employee), Cambridge, ONJune 4, 2013
Pros: free lunches, great supportive relationships.
Cons: it got really hot and busy at times
The co workers I had in the kitchen were amazing, they helped me demonstrate the skills I needed to be succusful in the workplace. They were all friendly and supportive and they made the work not stressful on the busy days because we were all there to help each other out and make sure that the guest were happy with their meals.
Productive and fun work place
Front Desk Agent & Guest Experience Champion (Former Employee), Huntsville, ONJune 3, 2013
The Holiday Inn offered me the chance to build on my client services skills and be apart of branding. Over the duration of my employment I learned many skills that can be applied to all varieties of employment. Over all working for Holiday Inn was like being part of a large family.
hectic but fun and exctiting
Guest Service Representative (Former Employee), Winnipeg, MBMay 27, 2013
Pros: the staff, helping others and meeting new people
Cons: long hours
While working at Holiday Inn, I learned so much. In a typical day, I got the chance to meet people from all over the world. I learned about customer service, what needs to be done to keep guests happy and how to deal with the public in a professional manner. Management was one of the pros in the job because they are extremely understanding and know – more... that sometimes life happens and accommodated it to the best of their abilities. The hardest part of the job is dealing with difficult customers but all that negative energy was taken away by the staff and management. they never pressured me to deal with anything i felt uncomfortable about and were again, very understanding. – less
Fun workplace
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Brampton, ONMay 4, 2013
- Co-workers were helpful.
- Most enjoyable part was meeting new people.
Productive and fun place with barbeque, games, pool table...
Shuttle driver (Former Employee), Calgary, ABMay 1, 2013
March 2013
Was late for about 2 hours
Came in and found out that it was not busy at all
Then started as soon as arrived at work
Had a talk with my manager
Got a verbal warning
And never did that again.
Productive and great workplace with
Guest Services Representative (Current Employee), Greater Sudbury, ONApril 10, 2013
Pros: free meals
Cons: great hours
 Safety & Environmental
- Equipment & Tools Handling
 Maintenance Effectiveness Assessment Project – less
work day
House keeping (Current Employee), Sarnia, ONMarch 21, 2013
Cleaning the rooms and making sure everything needed in the rooms.
good work place
Waitress (Former Employee), sudburyMarch 14, 2013
Pros: free supper
Cons: not enough hours
Good people loved the job but not the hours. The hardest part was the timing.
A day as Manager on Duty
Manager On Duty/ F&B Supervisor/Porter (Current Employee), Cambridge, ONMarch 2, 2013
Pros: a meal a shift is included
Cons: sometimes a small guest concern takes too long to be handled
A typical day walking into work could start off with resetting a room that has to go for a meeting again tonight. Today is also a day that you have to work as housekeeping, porter, and maintenance because they are not scheduled tonight. Then making sure the lounge is stocked with liquor. Next I try to cover breaks to get those out of the way for the – more... night (the front desk staff and the lounge). Then I will usually have a couple room services through out the night to deliver. Then do call backs to make sure their dinner was perfect. I try to grab a meal in between there for about 5 minutes then back to setting meeting rooms for functions that go tomorrow. There will probably be a couple deliveries to bring up a couple blankets, microwave, fridge, toothbrush, new remote for the TV or some guest concern to deal with. I have to also make sure I keep an eye on any staff that is working during my shift to follow up with them and see how their work is coming along.

I've learned that not all days will be fun but the days are what you make them. Positive attitude when working in this industry or any industry really matters because you can be so easily drained if you do not roll with the punches.

The hardest part of my job is when a manager does not do their part during the morning shift and then expect the night staff to pick up the slack. For example to help save on hours the morning manager will call off an employee for the morning but then will not cover what needs to be done for that person. They will go into their office and do their work and then leave the work for the night staff that's coming to do everything themselves. What makes it worse is the fact that this person now has to do the morning persons job, his job and any other persons in that 8 hour shift. It really is more annoying and stressful than anything else.

Management for the most part does their best but when it comes to the everyday small concerns that guests really need dealt with the managers drop the ball.

The most enjoyable part of my job are the people. The core staff is great which is why this place is such an awesome place to work for. – less
productive lady
Room Attendant (Former Employee), torontoFebruary 14, 2013
Pros: free lunch
Cons: long hours
I enjoy working with people from different background.I enjoy working long hours shift.

About Holiday Inn

Holiday Inn Hotels & Resorts is part of the InterContinental Hotels Group family of brands with global headquarters in the – Read more