Holiday Inn Employee Reviews

Looks Great... on the surface
Night Auditor (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON28 May 2015
The wages and benefits are very good, if you qualify for full time but the management there needs works. There is absolutely no accountability for the multitudes of people who do not perform their jobs which leaves the few good employees frustrated. The under performing employees stay for 5, 10, or 15 years while the good ones quickly leave. There is a culture of doing as little as possible there and mangement does nothing about it. Apply here only if you are willing to end every day frustrated with your co workers or are also lazy.
Pros
flexible schedules, food and room discounts
Cons
management does not do their jobs, culture of laziness
great staff, we have a swimming pool and a weight room/ excersize room
Technician (Current Employee) –  Richmond Hill, ON27 July 2016
great place to work I just wish I could get more hours. I really do love this job but I do not see a future here. I need room for advancement and more hours!
Pros
free breakfast
Cons
no room for advancement
Housekeeping
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Dartmouth, NS20 July 2016
I felt that my age was to young compared to the others. The pay was great and the hours were workable. My management was not ideal.
Pros
Good pay, great hours, nice people.
Cons
no sick days, hard work, no respect.
good
Banquet Waiter (Former Employee) –  waiter1 January 2017
good very good pay and really good co-workers. and you will be happy if you join the team and everybody will welcome come to join.
productive and fun work
Room Attendant (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QC31 August 2016
a nice work place to be with. the management is so nice and there is equality in every employee. the boss are leaders that helps their subordinates. two thumbs up for the supervisors and managers.
Quiet but fasted pased
Desk Clerk (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB21 October 2016
The hotel was always quiet but yet very busy. Even if it was something as booking rooms you were always on the go. made the day go by faster
Pros
Early starting days
Cons
never had time for breaks
Friendly environment
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Canmore, AB21 October 2016
- half hour drive to work
- learned to communicate with others professionally
- supervisors were very demanding
- co-workers weren't as friendly
- difficult meeting the managers expectations
- enjoyed receiving tips
Pros
Discounts on rooms
Learned how to and be part of the comunity in Hotels and Banquets
Food & Beverage Supervisor / Banquet Captain (Former Employee) –  Stephenville, NL19 September 2016
Learned alot and once I got familiar and proper in doing what needed to be done. Enjoyed all that I needed to do. Helping find rooms for those who needed to stay and help the kitchen and pub with items. Helping being part of the Banquets
very productive and I enjoyed my responsibilities.
Housekeeping supervisor (Former Employee) –  Saskatoon, SK6 September 2016
I thoroughly enjoyed this workplace, right until the end. I was able to maintain my full responsibilities with ease. I felt a great sense of pride in maintaining my work load and keeping guests happy and enjoying their experience within the hotel.
Pros
staff parties
Cons
drama within the team
quiet time
Night Auditor (Former Employee) –  Medicine Hat, AB5 October 2016
I worked night shift balancing the books, checking people in as well as ensuring the customers were happyy w. dealt with most customers and helped them find what they were looking for whilr still applyinh principles ad morals
Pros
free pool Swimming
Cons
night shift
Day in the life of a Guest Service Agent
Front Desk Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Kingston, ON11 April 2016
AM- Check-outs, settle the bill, make sure there are no restaurant charges left behind. Take phone reservations, prepare the rest of the day for the PM shift for check-ins.

The hardest part of the job is when you don't have a good manager, that doesn't lead by example of how things can run smoothly and fair.

I love working with the public, so the hospitality industry has definitely given me that opportunity. It has opened my eyes to all the different personalities out there and how easily people get flustered, and taught me how to turn a terrible experience for a guest into a great one when they leave, but just listening to them vent and try your best to assist them.
Pros
Guest services
Productive & fun workplace
Switchboard Operator (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON3 January 2016
Great place to work fun work place with great staff and managers. Great hotel with lots of benefits and competitive salary.
Fast paced enviroment
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Charlottetown, PE29 August 2016
Often work load is heavy. Hard to keep employees. Staff is nice. Often receive tips. Management often very understanding. Very friendly costumers
A self motivated senior hotel executive
General Manager (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB6 November 2016
with strong multi-national experience, maintaining the highest standards of quality control, guest stratification and house Profit.
good staff
Chief Engineer (Current Employee) –  Burlington, ON14 September 2016
over seeing all preventative maintenance , ongoing maintenance issues , keeping guests satisfaction up.
Working and organizing with outside contractors on an ongoing basis.
rebuilt maintenance department with new qualified , dependable maintenance helpers
Pros
free lunch
Cons
extra hours
If you want advancement or a team that supports you...look elsewhere.
Guest Services Agent (Former Employee) –  London, ON3 June 2016
I loved working here for the first little while. Then people started showing their true colours. Management is a mess, and everything with them is personal. They have you sign a "no gossip" clause...but then managers are gossiping about you. You can't trust anybody. The best part of this job is that if you work in the mornings, before breakfast closes, you can get some free breakfast.
Productive and fun workplace
Housekeeper/Laundry/Breakfast/Front Desk (Current Employee) –  Dryden, ON27 November 2015
I work mornings/evenings and sometimes the grave yard shift- The staff is very friendly- I have upgraded my computer skills while working at holiday inn - down fall of this job is there is no benefits and lots of miscommunication
My Work place
Maintenance Manager (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB22 June 2016
Everyday i start my work by checking the internal and external of the building, checking the electrical, boiler room and pool water chemistry and then proceed to my usual daily work order schedule after finishing the work request i go for my daily preventative maintenance.

Everyday has a different task and problems so i learned a lot specially the maintaining the pool and the boiler.

Co-workers, we have a camaraderie because i maintain a good communication.

Hardest part of the job, none

Enjoyable part of the job is my co-workers.
Team is good
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Lethbridge, AB16 July 2016
Always facing the unknown when going into work. The team was very good to work with .Management was selfish, and did not care about its staff. Treated its foreign workers horribly. Would not work there again.
Pros
Small, friendly team of coworkers
Cons
Hard work, for little pay.
Folded Laundry
Housekeeping (Current Employee) –  St. Catharines, ON9 October 2016
I would fold laundry, take out from washers and dryers and I would sort the laundry into different piles. Co-workers were really nice and a lot of fun to work with.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Hot in room