Holiday Inn

Holiday Inn Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Productive and Happy work environment
Part time Front Desk (Current Employee), Grande Prairie, ABSeptember 4, 2014
I absolutely love working for this hotel, it has a wonderful environment, the management team is wonderful, and willing to help whenever needed. My co-workers are wonderful to work with, we ensure all information is passed on to the next shift. The hardest part of my job would be understanding exactly how to react to situations with customer complaint or problems in the hotel. The most enjoyable part is the wonderful laid back atmosphere.
productive
House Keeper (Former Employee), Winnipeg, MBAugust 13, 2014
Pros: free soft drinks
Cons: long hours
same thing I felt like I was running around a lot up and down not having what I need for what I learned in working in hotels is this
have a team together that works well together gets things done faster the hardest is some times the workers don't get along or they have there own way of doing things the only thing I enjoy is meeting new pple
fast pace at times.. procedures to follow...
Security Guard (Former Employee), Saint John, NBNovember 27, 2013
Pros: a reliable sustainable job
Cons: having to work in different departments...ie..custotial/cleaner
working at the holiday inn was a positive experience.
the job changed for day to day...with a learning curb.
there was on open door policy with management..
there were times when another security guard would have been an effective solution..
being involved with guest and seeing that I made a difference in their stay was a positive feeling...
Fun place to work
Housekeeper (Former Employee), St. Catharines, ONJune 9, 2014
Pros: physically demanding
Cons: long days
- Sanitize and disinfect guest rooms as well as change linens and replace amenities
- I learned I enjoy working not only as an individual but as a team in a team environment
- Management for the most part was pretty good and understanding
- Co-workers were excellent and fun
- Hardest part of the job was when we had to work 10 days in a row
- Most enjoyable part was that it's physically demanding, and you're always moving
Great property to work for.
Banquet Captain / Catering Supervisor (Former Employee), Ottawa, ONJuly 31, 2014
Pros: staff
Cons: long hours
I was responsible for the execution of all meeting and conferences at Holiday Inn and Suites Downtown Ottawa.

I had a small staff that I managed on a day to day basis.

The hardest part of the job was to ensure that all clients within the hotel had the best experience possible and to ensure that they return for their next meeting.

The most enjoyable part of the job was the management and catering staff. They were terrific colleagues to have worked with.
grate job, if you can handle it
south winds restaurant (Former Employee), Winnipeg, MBJanuary 22, 2014
Pros: dental benefits, free food
Cons: high stress, work over holidays
good job to have for a few years if you are take won't to gather lots of experience in a kitchen, it is a stressful job and you have too deal with heavy work loads buy your self. you can learn a lot from it if you are younger or in experienced, wold not go back because of the wage
Buisy and fun
Waitress/ bus girl (Former Employee), Calgary, ABSeptember 11, 2012
Pros: family
Cons: some very early mornings
I started working with my grandmother and mom at this hotel, the gentalmen that owned it was a family man and had no problem with this. I use to dress up as mrs. Clause, the Easter bunny and one year a clown for those special occasions. This job taught me a lot about a good work ethic and how to deal with customers.
productive place with a pool and weight room
Room Attendant (Former Employee), Toronto, ONJune 15, 2013
Pros: free lunch
Cons: no employee parking
a nice and friendly atmosphere, i learned that your spend more time at work than with your family so we must all get along. The management is friendly. My co-worker were helpful. The hardest part of the job was getting yeld at my the guest, or running out of linen. Putting a smile on a guest faceor a co-worker.
On the Job
Chef Assistant (Former Employee), Cambridge, ONJune 4, 2013
Pros: free lunches, great supportive relationships.
Cons: it got really hot and busy at times
The co workers I had in the kitchen were amazing, they helped me demonstrate the skills I needed to be succusful in the workplace. They were all friendly and supportive and they made the work not stressful on the busy days because we were all there to help each other out and make sure that the guest were happy with their meals.
I enjoy working with my coworkers at The Holiday Inn & Suites.
Work as Catering Sales Manager (Current Employee), North Vancouver, BCAugust 16, 2015
Pros: Free Lunch
Cons: No complaint
I have learn't so many things since I started my work here. It was hard in the beginning but now its very easy job for me.
My co-workers are very helpful, friendly.
My company offers us 50% off on our stay in IHG hotels.
helped building good customer service and team work skills.
Front Desk Agent (Current Employee), Kamloops, BCApril 9, 2015
• Process guest arrivals and departures, including all necessary payments and provision of transportation services.
• Delivered an enhanced customer experience and created a good impression by greeting and engaging customers in a range of service and informational conversations.
• Respond to customer issues and ensured customer problems are handled appropriately, escalating issues when necessary.
• Communicate with all hotel departments efficiently and oversaw all guest registrations.
Safe secure position good for routine regular work
Security Guard (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABFebruary 9, 2015
Pros: a very secure job with a fair pay
Cons: being a very corporate business they were never short of rules and regulations
As night hotel security, it was my job to make sure that noise was kept down to a reasonable level and that undesirable elements were not allowed to bother customers in the hotel. Also parking lot rounds were insisted upon.
It was a nice place to work
housekeeper (Former Employee), Gananoque, OnNovember 4, 2013
Pros: could have free coffee or tea
Cons: if the power went out you had to take the stairs with all your laundry
I had a lot of jobs. I train new personal, maintain a clean and safe environment, assist costumers, complete log sheets, maintaining and stocking shelves, work with a team or independently, set up and take down for banquets and special events.
Friendly work atmosphere
Housekeeping/Laundry (Former Employee), Barrie, ONJanuary 9, 2013
Pros: good work environment with co-workers, team work involved.
Cons: work hours vary depending on how many rooms were sold in the hotel.
What to expect on a typical day at work: fast paced environment, paying attention to detail, physically demanding, working under minimal supervision.

It is mostly busy on weekends, but when it becomes overbearing the employees work in a team to help out which is great.
Typical hotel job
Guest service agent (Current Employee), Edmonton, ABDecember 30, 2014
Pros: already knew computer system and basic job title requirements, 1st interview after moving to edmonton and hired on the spot
Cons: need a faster pace environment with better pay and promotion options
Typical hotel job,
enjoy the people and making guests happy
work well with everyone, they are kind, friendly and excepting,
management could be more professional and the job could have more structure and organisation.
It is an okay place to work, nothing too exciting but also not too boring
Line Cook\ Prep (Current Employee), St. CatherinesJuly 11, 2015
Pros: Standard break
Cons: shift hours
It is an okay place to work. I just go in, do my tasks and leave, nothing special. The co-workers are nice friendly people everyone seems to get along for the most part. The part I enjoyed the most about the job is preparing and setting up for events/ work functions.
Nice place to work as a Room Attendant
Housekeeping Room Attendant (Former Employee), St. John's, NLFebruary 25, 2015
Pros: everyone were good people to work with and always offered help
Cons: not getting many hours in working lately
I loved working as a Housekeeping Room Attendant but the work at this hotel is getting really slow. I know Fortis Properties, the owners are selling off its hotels and I don't know if this is part of the reason for the work dropping so fast.
Not a long term prospective
Front Office Manager (Current Employee), Osoyoos, BCNovember 13, 2012
Pros: reputable organization, small team
Cons: opaque reimbursement plan, strong customer focus but weak of employee focus
Below par salary with zero salary reveiws
No benefits like MSP
Strong intereference of ownership in day to day management working
Limited vertical and horizontal communication
Inconsistant planning for important events
High employee turnover
Unique Work environment with diverse work force
HR CO-OP (Former Employee), Toronto, ONJanuary 26, 2015
It was a great company to start my career with. Had a lots of opportunities to gain some industry knowledge which would certainly help me in the future. Co workers and management has a very unique bond. All the staff members are very friendly and passionate about what they do.
Great
Reservation Supervisor (Former Employee), Calgary, ABJanuary 6, 2015
Productive, Fun Work place. Get to interact with different guests from different parts of the world. The management is very supportive and helpful. My coworkers are great. There is nothing hard about this job. I enjoyed working here. Left the job as I was looking for a better opportunity which I found at the Sheraton.
Headquarters