Holiday Inn

Holiday Inn Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Working as a Family at the Holiday Inn
Front Office Manager (Current Employee), Kitchener, ONMarch 23, 2014
Pros: free lunches and great meetings
Cons: long hours away from your family
In operations every day is a different day, you never know what is going to happen. You have to be ready and always alerted. In hospitality you learn how to be patient, a good communicator and should always work on delivering consistent service.

It starts early in the morning preparing for your arrivals, following up with the issues from last night, – more... briefing your morning staff and making sure the night audit have completed all their reports.

As a manager you have to lead by example. Coach your staff and motivate them to perform better.

Meeting your budget at the end of the month with payroll is always a challenge, moreover, it is tough to forecast when you have a lot of last minute booking. On the other hand the best part of the job is working with an amazing team and meet great people.

At the end of the day you its all about making your staff feel good about what they do and always give them feedback on things they should improve on. – less
Day to Day
Guest Service Agent (Current Employee), OttawaMarch 12, 2014
Pros: cheap hotel rooms
Cons: language barrier
Dealing in a fast paced environment
Check in/outs
Answering Phone
Making guests stays memorable
Loved my job
Bartender (Former Employee), Grande Prairie, ABMarch 12, 2014
Pros: ecellent staff and hours
Cons: night time job
This job was awesome, I enjoyed my time at the holiday inn and suites. I just needed a change of of pace and bartending was just not working out for me any more.
love working at the holiday inn
cook/trainer (Current Employee), Montréal, QCMarch 12, 2014
Pros: long hours that pass by really fast
fast pace
i learned to be fast
best chef and sous chef i worked with
Fun and enjoyable
House Keeper (Former Employee), Kelowna, BCMarch 6, 2014
cleaning rooms when guest where out in the morning or had checked out of room.
how to make beds and what the rooms should look like and how to fold towels
the management would step in and help out when needed and my co-works where fun to work with and we would help each other out too when the rooms where a big mess.
the fun envierment
Excellent place of work
Guest Services Representative (Former Employee), Vancouver, BCMarch 4, 2014
I really enjoyed working with the staff at Holiday Inn. The staff were great and I really enjoyed working in each department that I was required to work in. It was a great team with lots of challenges but we always worked together to make sure the job was done and came out on top.
my dutys
Assistant Manager-Housekeeper (Former Employee), Dawson Creek, B.C Also Slave Lake, AltaFebruary 13, 2014
Pros: lunches would be nice
Cons: dont mind the long hours
did the ordering for the supplies, checked the work schedule. helped the head housekeeper filled in when she was there, I checked rooms after the girls were finished, helped with fixing stuff in rooms or pool, I have great costumer service, I enjoyed working with others.
You work really hard, then stand around a long time.
Works Banquet Porter/Server/Bartender (Current Employee), Winnipeg, MBFebruary 11, 2014
Pros: free soda/coffee half priced meals
Cons: way too random shifts, too many bosses, not enough direction.
You punch in, get minimal instruction, then do what you were told, then leave. This job is an excellent source for customer service experience. Other than that it is basic labour, with not much to it. The other employees are mostly helpful and quite nice.
productive place
House Keeper (Former Employee), Winnipeg, MBFebruary 5, 2014
Pros: lunchs
Cons: more girls to work
the typical day at work would be set up your cart with what you need for that day
the norm for every hotel for housekeeping sometimes there is not enough girls working or to much girls
not long enough for cleaning rooms
transportation for pple working
even the girls work late no ride home
productive environment
Waiter (Former Employee), Montego Bay , St.James , Montego BayFebruary 3, 2014
Smooth flowing
i learnt alot in the field in serving
Management was great
My co-workers were easy to work with
Holiday Inn
Banquet Server (Current Employee), Toronto, ONJanuary 29, 2014
Pros: low rates worldwide, access to gym and pool areas, .
Cons: not enough consist hours, busy or no work
Setting up different venues can take from eight to twelve hours.You have to have a well run team to accomplish this work to have things provided on time, they provide efficient work materials, which is remarkable because the amount of events taking place at one time. In turn you have to be flexible to go from one to the other when needed.
The managers – more... are very approachable and adds fun into your day. The best part of this is feeling good about your ability to making a beautiful venue for a client. I get to work in a amazing view of the Pearson International Airport. – less
Very organized work environment
Night Auditor (Former Employee), Lethbridge, AlbertaJanuary 29, 2014
Pros: lots of good training, lots of food and snacks that were left from the day staff
Cons: it was a night job, i can not do night jobs, often fell asleep when we got everything done.
It depends if you are front auditor or back auditor. If you are the back auditor for that night, you need to review the cash-outs, make sure it all added up, figure out why it doesn't add up if it doesn't, close the debit machines, input data, wipe the computer system. If you were on the front, you had to go through every single room's information and – more... make sure the papers matched what was in the computer system, input data as well.
The management was alright. Not overly understanding if you had to take time off for whatever reason. If you didn't have any concerns, the management was easy to get along with.
The co-workers were very cliquey, very difficult to earn their respect as a fellow co-worker.
The hardest part of the job was when the computer systems went down and we weren't able to complete the duties we were supposed to. That made it super stressful.
The most enjoyable part of the job was if the system didn't go down, we had a lot of time to just relax and get to know your coworkers more – less
Relaxing enviroment with wonderful scenery
Hostess (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABJanuary 27, 2014
Pros: awesome staff
Cons: transportation timing
Walk in and start answering phones, booking reservations, seating guests. I learned patience and organizational skills. Management was nice, coworkers were friendly. Hardest part was transportation to and from the particular location. I really enjoyed the people, the setting, and the chance to meet new people each day.
grate job, if you can handle it
south winds restaurant (Former Employee), Winnipeg, MBJanuary 22, 2014
Pros: dental benefits, free food
Cons: high stress, work over holidays
good job to have for a few years if you are take won't to gather lots of experience in a kitchen, it is a stressful job and you have too deal with heavy work loads buy your self. you can learn a lot from it if you are younger or in experienced, wold not go back because of the wage
Comfortable
Porter (Current Employee), Windsor OntarioJanuary 10, 2014
Pros: great atmosphere and team
Cons: not enough hours
Holiday Inn is a comfortable place to work. Great team and strong management. Would suggest to anyone.
Nice place to work for
Night Auditor (Current Employee), Edmonton, ABJanuary 4, 2014
• Responsible for properly systematic, managed and appropriate paper work for payments of guest.
• Making, cancelling and updating reservations.
• Keeping track on inventory (rooms) available and occupied.
• Attending Inbound and outbound phone inquiries.
• Maintain cash records and updating end of day sales documents.
Friendly co-workers
housekeeper (Former Employee), Charlottetown, PEDecember 29, 2013
Pros: no pros
Cons: a bad supervisor to work for.
Supervisor was hard to work for. Got hurt on the job --told me that I was done. I would miss my co-workers as they were great people.
fast pace at times.. procedures to follow...
Security Guard (Former Employee), Saint John, NBNovember 27, 2013
Pros: a reliable sustainable job
Cons: having to work in different departments...ie..custotial/cleaner
working at the holiday inn was a positive experience.
the job changed for day to day...with a learning curb.
there was on open door policy with management..
there were times when another security guard would have been an effective solution..
being involved with guest and seeing that I made a difference in their stay was a positive feeling...
Friendly workplace
Housekeeper (Former Employee), St.catharinesNovember 17, 2013
Pros: co workers
Cons: slow in winter months
Nice co workers and management, tight deadlines, standing for long periods, lots of overtime in summer months.
friendliness of staff
Housekeeper (Current Employee), West Kelowna, BCNovember 10, 2013
Pros: staff likes to help you out
Cons: short hours could be longer
the staff is very outgoing and friendly
we are more like friends to them than employers

About Holiday Inn

Holiday Inn Hotels & Resorts is part of the InterContinental Hotels Group family of brands with global headquarters in the – Read more