Holiday Inn Employee Reviews

unorganized
Waitress (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC18 October 2016
Management of staff was not profectional or well organized and communication was lacking. My boss always called to ask me to come in last minute which was very unprofessional.
Pros
Salary
Cons
Unorganized
Stand all day
Front Desk Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB15 October 2016
I like working for Holiday Inn Express but I am not allowed to sit at all.I work 7-3 with no break at all.We are not allowed to sit.We have already had a front desk clerk go on WCB because we can not sit at all.I understand standing when a guest comes in but should be able to sit on downtime.
Folded Laundry
Housekeeping (Current Employee) –  St. Catharines, ON9 October 2016
I would fold laundry, take out from washers and dryers and I would sort the laundry into different piles. Co-workers were really nice and a lot of fun to work with.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Hot in room
quiet time
Night Auditor (Former Employee) –  Medicine Hat, AB5 October 2016
I worked night shift balancing the books, checking people in as well as ensuring the customers were happyy w. dealt with most customers and helped them find what they were looking for whilr still applyinh principles ad morals
Pros
free pool Swimming
Cons
night shift
Fun place
Front desk agent (Current Employee) –  Nisku, AB4 October 2016
Love the establishment. The co-workers are the main reason to be there. Most of the guests are a real gift. Easy going place. A lot of fun characters to meet. No actual benefits.
Very friendly work environment
Executive Chef (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON29 September 2016
Friendly work environment, we work as a team and we are limited staff and management but we are very efficient and productive.
We care about the guest and do our best to keep our guests happy.
Staff were great
Front Desk Agent (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB28 September 2016
Great staff, flexible hours, management were understanding . Meeting new people and talking to guests were the best part of the job. Helping people resolve booking issues made me feel accomplished
fun workplace
Internship, (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QC21 September 2016
I have internship in Holday Inn which is a nice and fun workplace. I prepare and cook of the dishes available on breakfast shift. I also do MES for the next and stuff meal. During the shift, I have to set-up, fill and supply the breakfast station.
I still have chance to work with other chefs in some special event, such as wedding, conference and parties.
I like workin in the restaurant.
Learned how to and be part of the comunity in Hotels and Banquets
Food & Beverage Supervisor / Banquet Captain (Former Employee) –  Stephenville, NL19 September 2016
Learned alot and once I got familiar and proper in doing what needed to be done. Enjoyed all that I needed to do. Helping find rooms for those who needed to stay and help the kitchen and pub with items. Helping being part of the Banquets
good staff
Chief Engineer (Current Employee) –  Burlington, ON14 September 2016
over seeing all preventative maintenance , ongoing maintenance issues , keeping guests satisfaction up.
Working and organizing with outside contractors on an ongoing basis.
rebuilt maintenance department with new qualified , dependable maintenance helpers
Pros
free lunch
Cons
extra hours
Productive workplace
House Keeper (Current Employee) –  Surrey, BC12 September 2016
Its a good place to work but iam always open too growth and opportunities. Management and co workers are very helpful and cooperative. i learned a lot during this job
Pros
free lunches
Cons
very productive and I enjoyed my responsibilities.
Housekeeping supervisor (Former Employee) –  Saskatoon, SK6 September 2016
I thoroughly enjoyed this workplace, right until the end. I was able to maintain my full responsibilities with ease. I felt a great sense of pride in maintaining my work load and keeping guests happy and enjoying their experience within the hotel.
Pros
staff parties
Cons
drama within the team
productive and fun work
Room Attendant (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QC31 August 2016
a nice work place to be with. the management is so nice and there is equality in every employee. the boss are leaders that helps their subordinates. two thumbs up for the supervisors and managers.
Fun & Satisfying place of employment
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB30 August 2016
I enjoyed working at Holiday Inn. The management was great and the working atmosphere was incredible. I would recommend this hotel to anyone. Very interactive work place, mostly friendly staff, benefits were great, independent type of work, long shifts. The management & staff always made each day great for both the guests and the employees! Most enjoyable part of the job was interacting with the different guests & building relationships with the regulars.
Pros
meeting new people everyday
Cons
night shifts
Fast paced enviroment
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Charlottetown, PE29 August 2016
Often work load is heavy. Hard to keep employees. Staff is nice. Often receive tips. Management often very understanding. Very friendly costumers
Productive workdays with co staff
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Lethbridge, AB26 August 2016
Everyday was different, I enjoyed working with the people who were involved in my workplace area. Everyone worked well as a team, there were some days where it was longer and harder than others, but always made it through. It was fun getting to know different people.
Pros
Discounts
Cons
Worst company i have ever worked for. The Company does not respect the employee contracts, and the union only cares for the union. You're on your own.
Bartender (Former Employee) –  Halifax, NS18 August 2016
Not a Company to grow with. I started with the Company in 2011, with a signed contract for a full time Bartender position. Over the four years of employment the union and Management used loopholes to take my full time shifts and give them to under qualified persons, while leaving me with one or two breakfast serving shifts, by the end the Union told me to get another job...so I did. The company told me if I did not work the breakfast shifts I would be fired. Having another bartender job, breakfast was impossible for me to do, so they let me go and said that I quit. WORST COMPANY AND MANAGEMENT EVER!
decent work place
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Regina, SK17 August 2016
great work place, friendly people, neat & tidy
worked there for 2 years and met some nice coworkers
holiday inn was the first place that ive been hired at
Pros
free pop
Cons
hard work
Good company
Housekeeping (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB13 August 2016
it is just an ordinary day to work in the morning, I learned to do my tasks in a minimum supervision. My co-workers are indeed supportive for each other.The hardest part of my job is when there is no stuff to provide but one thing I enjoy is when I receive a tip from the guests.
Pros
Friendly people
Cons
short hours
housekeeper
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB12 August 2016
meet new people, work with others, and training others
I enjoy to do cleaning and making others happy with their rooms
organize everything