Holiday Inn Employee Reviews

Enjoyable
Supervisor/Bartender (Part-Time) (Current Employee) –  Peterborough, ON28 November 2017
I like working here. I work as a bartender/server in the restaurant and every shift offers new opportunity to learn and grow not only in this industry but in communication and problem solving skills.
great place too work
Front Desk Clerk (Former Employee) –  Brantford, ON26 November 2017
had fun worked hard
excellent management and staff
great team work environment
management and staff would all pull together to get jobs done
very equal work environment
Challenging Workplace
Front Desk Agent (Former Employee) –  Saskatoon, SK17 November 2017
Most time a very happy and enjoyable work place and brought different kind of challenges each day. Most times found it little hard to talk to management about issues. Learned how to be a problem solve all kinds of situations and do it in a professional manor. I really enjoyed to meeting new people each day.
Not a good place to work
Maintenance Worker (Former Employee) –  St. Catharines, ON15 November 2017
would not recommend working here. staff is very depressing to be around and seem miserable. Boss talked to a few employees like they were worthless. Not a fun place to work.
Pros
free soup for lunch
Cons
miserable staff, Demeaning boss
Had access to all the hotels facilities
Bartender/ Server (Former Employee) –  Truro, NS14 November 2017
Opening. closing
VLT Machines
Served breakfast, lunch supper
Room service
fast pace environment
served drinks and food
Lots of regulars which was nice
Pros
Fun atmosphere
Cons
VLT machines
Working in a hotel becomes hotel life quickly.
Night Auditor/ Manager on Duty (Former Employee) –  Moncton, NB14 November 2017
As a night auditor I didn't initially get much direction or input from management beyond the bare necessities of training. After a week of being shown how to enter information and edit it for the books, I was left by myself on overnights, largely unsupported.

When I was promoted to Manager on Duty during the day, the interactions and direction was more meaningful, and direct, making for a better experience, though longer hours.
My Opinion about work place culture.
Dependable Guest Service Agent (Former Employee) –  Stellarton, NS10 November 2017
A typical day at work is a professional fun and helpful atmosphere.
There is open communication between employees and constructive criticism is used for the purpose of functionality in the office. I have learned communication and constructive criticism is essential when learning a job because it helps everyone meet expectations of management. I enjoy an upbeat non judgemental work place culture where everyone gets along and appreciates each others jobs. The hardest part of work is when you don't feel like you belong. The most enjoyable part of the job is working with happy and helpful co-workers and knowing your job well enough that you feel helpful to those that you support in the work place.
Pros
Gaining work experience and advancement options
Cons
Hours that conflict with childcare hours.
Fun engaging company to work with
SALES COORDINATOR (Current Employee) –  Kitchener, ON6 November 2017
I am currently employed at Holiday Inn Kitchener as a Sales Coordinator. I have various degrees of support from our sales team and management. Work life balance is very supported here and I enjoy my job.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
low pay
It's not a bad place to work at
Kitchen Helper/Dishwasher (Current Employee) –  St. Catharines, ON5 November 2017
It's a good work environment and not a bad management nice co-workers. It was s great place to work at and great place to gain experience perfect for a part time job.
Cons
Good hours and not enough days
Pretty good wbu
Dishwasher (Former Employee) –  Hinton, AB31 October 2017
I dealt that working there was generally all good as long as you showed respect to coworkers and guests. Usually rooms are easy to clean and so are dishes
Pros
Easy work, good wage
Cons
Flexibility on hours

Want to know more about Holiday Inn?

Ask a question
A very fun place and caring Management
Server/Bartender (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON30 October 2017
This is one of the best Hotels I have worked in. The Management are giving, outgoing and very caring about the Staff. It is a pleasure working there. I love my job and the Management respect my knowledge and allow me to manage all Banquets.
I am just looking for some p/t Bartending position.
Pros
Meals are allowed working in Banquets and they are very generous.
Cons
No benefits for full time workers only Management
Good work environment
Room attendant (Former Employee) –  Enfield, NS29 October 2017
The staff was great to work with and an overall great work environment. The hardest part of the job because it is a hotel was the expectation to be available all year round including weekends and holidays which can be difficult with young children in daycare, but I made it work.
Night Audit
Receptionist/Night Auditor (Current Employee) –  Bonnyville, AB25 October 2017
Start shifts with closing cash and payments received during the day, after closing billing, run end of day reports. there after start a new day with setting up breakfast. checking in people and checking out. assisting and guiding.management is friendly and supportive. hardest part is to stay awake at night.
Pros
everything
Cons
odd hours
I am looking for work in the trucking industry. I am willing and cappable of learning.
Janitor/Housekeeper (Current Employee) –  Regina, SK22 October 2017
I don't have much experiences in the trucking industry. I would like to get expirience and learn the trucking industy as i would like to change my job.
Great staff
Front desk agent/ Audit (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB16 October 2017
In my time working for the Holiday Inn Express, the staff have made me feel like part of a family. Everyone is concerned with your well being and management will do their best to make sure the schedule works for you. If you are ever unsure, co-workers are always willing to help at anytime of the day.
Enjoyed working here
Front Desk Clerk/ Night Audit (Former Employee) –  Swift Current, SK15 October 2017
Management was good, but ive heard its gone down hill since ive last worked there in all areas. It was a good place to work with lots of friendly faces and supporting coworkers. Companies IHG program was beneficial also to employees and was nice.
Pros
IHG Program, People
Holiday Inn
Laundry Attendant (Former Employee) –  Kelowna, BC12 October 2017
I enjoyed working for Holiday Inn. I learnt new things almost daily. The Staff and Management were amazing and made each of us feel like Family. Enjoyed Learning New Things
Pros
New Things
Cons
Long Hours
i like enjoy working in holiday inn clark
Sr. Housekeeping Room Attendant (Former Employee) –  PH12 October 2017
we are unique.we are all like brothers and sisters.everybody working well in each department. we are like a very very big family.i really love working in this company
loved the alone time i had when working
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Oakville, ON12 October 2017
very physical work....but kept me in great shape, i loved the time alone as i was doing the rooms, tips were pretty decent, some rooms were trashed which is sad that people can be that disrespectful.
Pros
good hours
Cons
long hours and worked every weekend which was hard because weekends are for family
poor management
Employee (Former Employee) –  Sherwood Park, AB8 October 2017
Management not systematic..not a good place to work for improvement specially for the employees.With the new owner,I doubt people will stay and work longer.Some are nice and some are not,but overall evaluation poor management system.Hopefully they improve that,the place is quite good to stay, security wise,people are so friendly.
Employees were working so hard but they don't deserve of they were receiving. They don't have a good benefit offered,considering there regular employees is just working less that 25 hours per week..

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Holiday Inn. Our community is ready to answer.

53.6K