Holiday Inn Employee Reviews

Not a great place to work
Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Oshawa, ON12 July 2017
not professional
expectations are not spelled out to employees
once targets are achieved, they are not acknowledged
directions change at the last minute (even though they sometimes do not make sense, business-wise)
Pros
only worked days
Cons
favouritism shown to some employees; ownership was not professional
always something different when working, staff always have so mucb fun together. great team players
Banquet Server/Hostess (Current Employee) –  Point Edward, ON10 July 2017
most enjoyable part of the job is meeting new people and getting to see the happiness that our team brings them.

The hardest part would have to be dealing with people who are "stuck in their ways" and do not appreciate the hard work we all put into everything we do.
Great company to work for. Many chances for future advancement and growth
General Manager (Current Employee) –  Holiday Inn Calgary Airport5 July 2017
My typical day at work is as follows:
- Property walk around
- Check all Departments to ensure all is well.
- Review guest recovery log from the Front Desk to ensure that no follow up is required and all problems have been resolved.
- Check emails and answer all guest emails, and respond to any guest reviews from Heartbeat and any other third party sites, e.g. Expedia, Hotels.com and Booking.com
- Lobby Ambassador during high checkout periods and ensuring all guests have had an enjoyable stay and resolving any problems before guests checkout, if there any issues during their stay.

The workplace culture in my hotel is a pleasant one. All employees are happy and content for the most part. The hardest part of the job is keeping employees as there are many hotels in my area that are being built and offer competitive salaries. The most enjoyable part of my job is not knowing what to expect when I come in. I love that my job is never routine. There is always something different that occurs everyday which challenges me and keeps me on my toes.
23 hotel bedrooms.
Hotel cleaning (Former Employee) –  Nisku, AB1 July 2017
It was a really clean place with a lot of people working there. although lots of work to be done in just a little amount of time. Everybody is respectful in the building nobody treats you like you shouldn't be.
Pros
free lunch/ free breakfast.
Cons
cleanliness
Owned by dishonest and disreputable owners
Maintenance Engineer (Former Employee) –  Guelph, ON25 June 2017
Dishonest business practices
Time wasted by the worst micro-manager for whom I have ever worked
Very unhappy staff
Poorest work environment of any job that I have ever had
Nice workplace
Housekeeper/Cleaner (Current Employee) –  Edson, AB24 June 2017
I am enjoy working with the company including all their amenities like the gym and a swimming pool!. The administrators are great, the frontdesk are great ang even my colleague!
Pros
Free amenities
Cons
Not full house all the time
Nice place to work.
housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB21 June 2017
A typical day at holiday inn was really nice, but fast paced, clock in, stock the cleaning carts, go to the assigned rooms, clean the rooms and bathrooms, strip the bed sheets and put clean ones on. the woman I was with showing me the ropes told me I couldn't go on breaks and to take my lunch break after everyone else had theirs, to get rooms done faster. I'll admit I was slow at getting the hang of the repetitive work and that was my downfall and fully my fault. But I still didn't like the idea that I was told not to go on breaks. overall it was a great place to work and most of the staff were really nice and genuine people.
Pros
meeting great people, salary
Cons
suggested that i shouldnt take breaks and have a late lunch.
hard work
Housekeeping/attendant (Current Employee) –  Whitby, ON17 June 2017
Benefits good low pay.can be quite stressful at times.management can be strict and lax.weekend work is normal. Opportunity for advancement.good retirement plan.
good people
Cook (Current Employee) –  Burlington, ON15 June 2017
good people and management to work for, free food. benefits included. free parking. free uniform with name included. new kitchen to work in. very accommodating
Pros
free food
Great
Laundry Attendant (Former Employee) –  Slave Lake, AB15 June 2017
I was working in laundry so it was a lot of work we had to do during the day with going to rooms and stripping the beds folding and restocking the storage closets in each floor
Front Desk Agent
Front Desk Agent (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON10 June 2017
Currently working as a Front Desk Agent. This property has rotational shifts where I have learned Night Auditing, Room Inspection, Room Assignment, Telephone handling, Making reservations, updating past/future reservations, Laundry, Breakfast, Communicating with Guests.
Pros
Rotational Shifts, Worked in all Fields
Cons
No permanent Schedule, Shifts changes weekly
housekeeping
Laundry Attendant (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB6 June 2017
Start at 7 am off at 3:30pm. I was able to advance in this hotel to a supervisor position quick, but did not receive a increase in pay. my manager of the housekeeping department was great. i made s few good friends while i worked with this company. i think the hardest part of this job was i was doing the work load of two people.
Poorly managed, maintained
Front Desk Agent (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB5 June 2017
The best part of this job is the constant interaction with people from all walks of life. This company's culture is based around the guest experience and the guest's perception is very important to evaluate the hotel's performance.
Management makes employees use very scarce resources and materials to provide an image of well stacked hotels but it is actually very difficult to keep it running.
In company owned hotels there are a few opportunities for advancement but in franchised independently owned properties it is very difficult to advance and the owners would rather hire underqualified supervisors and managers than give employees an advancement opportunity.
Pros
Experience will help move within the industry thanks to Company's reputation
Cons
Hours depend on occupancy levels
Keep your friends close and enemies closer.
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Truro, NS1 June 2017
Would not work here again. Not hazardous waste disposal bins for needles etc. A coworker at the time was changing a garbage bag in the lobby as was stabbed with a used needle. All results came back negative, but all the protocol was followed by the employee. Not management or HR. Nothing was ever done about the lack of proper disposal of needles. Work place favoritism is common here.
Pros
Use of hotel facilities
Cons
Long, hard hours.
Great leadership, fun place to work and great employee recognition
Director of Sales & Marketing & RDOS (Former Employee) –  Burlington, ON29 May 2017
this was a hard place to work while transitioning from one hotel brand to the next and changing the poor conotation that went along with that. the rest hardest part was not being paid very well, but still working as hard as my previous jobs. thoroughly enjoyed the team, my team and the leadership.
Easy going environment
Guest Service Agent (Former Employee) –  Halifax, NS23 May 2017
People I worked with were all great. The job its self was good too, but you can't avoid those crazy customers in a front line customer service job like this.
Pros
Sometimes there's free food.
Cons
When someone doesn't show up to work the person they were relieving has to do a double shift, if you can't get home due to snow we are not aloud to use the vacant rooms
hoilday inn
Sub Artist (Former Employee) –  Kingston, ON23 May 2017
This one was a very good job expect the hours were crazy and with being in school and dealing with a sick family member i had to quit and focus on the end of school and exams
Pros
great people
Floor Manager
Assistant Floor Manager (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON19 May 2017
-Managed and supervised employees to ensure questions and concerns are addressed in an orderly fashion to minimize expenses and maintain a solid reputation for the hotel
-Supported employees to ensure that operations are run smoothly for all users and
guest in the facility
-Assisted managers by interviewing and training new personnel
-Maintained and prepared daily financial reports for budgeting and night audits
-Mentored and supported employees to maintain inventories of hotel supplies and
prepare for purchase order
Pros
Good Benefits and friendly staff
Great job working with the accounting team
Accounts Receivable Clerk (Former Employee) –  Kingston, ON16 May 2017
I absolutely loved my time with the accounting office. Constantly busy, learning new things, talking to people, helping others.

We were like a family which made it quite easy to go to work each day.
Pros
Great benefits, discounted room rates
Cons
Long hours, demanding
productive
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  London, ON15 May 2017
a typical day at work is sign in and get to the rooms to start cleaning. management was great and friendly. workplace was diverse. hardest part of the job was having 18 rooms for the day to finish cleaning them
Pros
pay rate
Cons
shift work

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Holiday Inn. Our community is ready to answer.