Holiday Inn
3,381 reviews

Holiday Inn Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Strong yet small team of goal orientated people
Guest Services Agent (Former Employee), London, ONJuly 12, 2015
Pros: Great Staff
Cons: Unavailable Management
Holiday Inn was a great stepping stone to where I'm at now. Being part of a large chain of hotels, Intercontinental Hotels Group, a day in the life of a front desk attendant here is centered around quality control. Our job was goal specific and each day was critiqued to ensure the highest level of customer service. I learned a great deal about how to accommodate a substantially variance of people. My coworkers here were awesome, simply the best, however there weren't enough of them. It was very short staffed here, with management never entirely available. We were trained to deter guests from contacting our manager as it was preferred that we should handle any matter ourselves. This of course has it's benefits, I learned patience under pressure although I believe providing substandard support for your employee's is not beneficial in the long run. Aside from these small faults the best part of working here was the people I worked with.
It is an okay place to work, nothing too exciting but also not too boring
Line Cook\ Prep (Current Employee), St. CatherinesJuly 11, 2015
Pros: Standard break
Cons: shift hours
It is an okay place to work. I just go in, do my tasks and leave, nothing special. The co-workers are nice friendly people everyone seems to get along for the most part. The part I enjoyed the most about the job is preparing and setting up for events/ work functions.
Great Place To Work
Guest Services Manager (Current Employee), London, ONJuly 2, 2015
Friendly atmosphere, great people. Enjoy managing 10+ people in a hospitality environment. Your co-workers are what makes the job! Guest Services, Management and Administration are the main ideals of my job.
Challenging and interesting
FINANCIAL HOTEL CONTROLLER (Former Employee), Calgary, ABJune 4, 2015
• Key member of the leadership team, administering all accounting functions for the hotel
• Overseeing all aspects of financial control in the Hotel business.
• Recording of money received and paid out. Preparing, maintaining and reconciling all three legers (guest ledger, city ledger and deposit ledger), all credit cards and company bank accounts
• Preparing deposits on daily basis
• Reconciling and inputting daily sales
• Processing bi-weekly payroll using Pay Specialist and ADP software; keeping records of employee’s vacations
• Responsible for accounts payable & accounts receivable
• Responsible for inventory count of all departments on monthly and quarterly basis
• Posting all GL, journal entries on monthly basis.
• Doing month-end closing and submitting data to corporate office
• Analysing P&L and giving explanation of any critics. Doing correction or adjustment on P&L if any
• Providing financial, and strategic support to the business
• Actively involved in process of hiring, firing and training employees
• Preparation of management information from source data
• Producing monthly management accounts, budgets, forecasts & VAT returns
• Presenting monthly results, budget variances and ad-hoc analysis
• Overseeing internal financial controls
• Providing financial overview to all departments head on monthly departments head meeting
• Producing meaningful commentary and analysis of financial data
• Managing a 55-person team, encouraging personal and professional development of the culturally diverse department
• Reviewing new & existing business models and capital appropriation requests
• Identifying and developing controls and processes to ensure all risks and opportunities are highlighted
• Compiling and presenting detailed monthly reports to the General Manager.
• Preparing internal and external financial and tax statements for review by corporate and external Audit team
Amazing experience
Accountant assistant (Former Employee), Toronto, ONJune 1, 2015
I have gained a lot of skills from this work place which will lead me to my future success in any work place. I have also made some very good connections at this work place as well.
A growing company
Housekeeping (Former Employee), SlavelakeJune 1, 2015
I enjoying cleaning, I enjoy having to clean and polish everything that needs to be. The management were awsum people I enjoyed working with my coworkers we worked as a team to get our jobs done. The job was enjoyable and there was nothing hard about it.
Coop
Housekeeping (Co-op) (Former Employee), Barrie, ONMay 29, 2015
Pros: Nice people
Cons: Getting time off
The place was terrible. Got upset I had a co-op for school and wouldnot me have the time off. worked every weekend. very stressful. No teamwork or training.
Looks Great... on the surface
Night Auditor (Former Employee), Ottawa, ONMay 28, 2015
Pros: flexible schedules, food and room discounts
Cons: management does not do their jobs, culture of laziness
The wages and benefits are very good, if you qualify for full time but the management there needs works. There is absolutely no accountability for the multitudes of people who do not perform their jobs which leaves the few good employees frustrated. The under performing employees stay for 5, 10, or 15 years while the good ones quickly leave. There is a culture of doing as little as possible there and mangement does nothing about it. Apply here only if you are willing to end every day frustrated with your co workers or are also lazy.
Great Environment to work
Night Auditor Front Office (Current Employee), Drayton Valley, ABMay 6, 2015
All the staff are very helpful and friendly, Co-workers make fun always.Management are very helpful. Most enjoyable part to provide warm service to our valued guest.
a typical day at work
Housekeeper (Former Employee), Surrey, BCApril 22, 2015
Pros: More hours & words of appreciation
Cons: Long hours
Hi, I started my work at 9 am and I got 10 check out rooms and 5 stay rooms to clean. Surprisingly enough, out of 5 , 4 rooms got checked out because guests decided to leave for some reason. In total I had to clean 14 check out rooms. Moreover, all of the rooms were required to be cleaned by 2 pm because front desk agent booked those rooms for guests.
On that day , I had no chance to take a break.
Thank You.
n/a
Senior Guest Services Agent (Current Employee), Fron DeskApril 11, 2015
Its a very good company to work for. The environment is very friendly and welcoming. I have been working here for almost 4 years and its always a pleasant experience working at The Holiday Inn Express.
helped building good customer service and team work skills.
Front Desk Agent (Current Employee), Kamloops, BCApril 9, 2015
• Process guest arrivals and departures, including all necessary payments and provision of transportation services.
• Delivered an enhanced customer experience and created a good impression by greeting and engaging customers in a range of service and informational conversations.
• Respond to customer issues and ensured customer problems are handled appropriately, escalating issues when necessary.
• Communicate with all hotel departments efficiently and oversaw all guest registrations.
Excellent place to work!
Hotel Controller (Former Employee), Ottawa, ONApril 2, 2015
The Holiday Inn is a fun place to work with great people and never a dull moment. I would recommend this workplace to anyone looking to aspire in the hospitality industry.
Its a job.
Housekeeping Supervisor (Former Employee), Huntsville, ONApril 1, 2015
The Holiday Inn is ok place to work if you like hard work and do not care if you work all weekends. Wages are not competitive if you are a long time employee. They do have medical benefits and do reward with small bonuses on occasion.
Fast pace work enironment
Housekeeping (Former Employee), Fort Erie, ONMarch 30, 2015
Great place to work everyone was very considerate and nice. Worked hard there and had allot of rooms to do in a day but it was good.
Careful what you get into.
Front Desk Agent (Current Employee), Calgary, ABMarch 27, 2015
Pros: Pool and hot tub, discounted rooms and food.
Cons: hours, shifts
Great place great co-workers. But I disliked the GM, He just rubbed off on me as kinda shady. But all suits make me feel that way haha. Plus the shifts are kinda ridiculous sometimes, and what I mean is it jumps around and your shifts change after being posted. You might even be called in to cover. But worst of all is sometimes you'll have to pull a back to back shift (12 hours from when you get off till your next shift starts) or split shifts too.

make/cancel reservations for guests
count floats (tills and vaults)
make sure all reservations for the day are ready
make sure the rooms are ready for guests by phone or computer
check for traces (pet room, breakfast included, crib in room, ect)
fix errors
change rates
My daily work
Accounts Payable (Former Employee), Toronto, ONMarch 22, 2015
Procedures to processes all invoices, purchase orders; reconcile credit card statements and vendors accounts; maintain the general ledger; Analyzing expenses when necessary and report to controller.
Best job I have ever had
Guest Service Agent (Current Employee), Fort St John, BCMarch 18, 2015
First off, MANAGEMENT is outstanding. I have never worked with a better group of managers and co-workers.
Guest services has taught me so much about understanding people, interacting with people, making people feel cared about/warm/welcome/safe, and most of all has taught me to have thick skin.
The most enjoyable part of the job is the look on a guests face when you remember their name, room preference, etc. It is so rewarding to light up their face in this way.
Great learning enviroment with great people.
Guest Service Representative/Manager on Duty (Current Employee), Barrie, ONMarch 12, 2015
The General Manager is always willing to train on anything you would like to learn. Staff in all departments get along well. Small hotel where the staff really feels like a second family.
good interpersonal relationship
House Keeper (Former Employee), Toronto ONMarch 7, 2015
Pros: good interpersonal relationship
i enjoyed every aspect of the job. Management team was excellent. I learned a lot as regard to speed and accuracy and safe cleaning products

1 2 3 4 5

About Holiday Inn

Holiday Inn Hotels & Resorts is part of the InterContinental Hotels Group family of brands with global headquarters in the – Read more