Holiday Inn Employee Reviews

Fun and knowledgable experience
Maintenance Manager (Former Employee) –  Calgary, Canada23 January 2017
Workplace and culture was great. We treat each other as a family. The hardest part was, because I am the only person as maintenance, I have to do it all as much as possible as I can. I sometimes work even during my rest day specially those times of Snow and it's cold and the heater is not working and or other stuff that needs fixing.

I enjoyed most of my working experience with Holiday Inn Suites. I was able to manage not just my time and expertise but I was able to work with other nationality and climate.

I learned and passed Pool and Spa operator, I also had a certificate as preventive maintenance and it's all because the company allowed and make sure that we maintain standards in the hotel.
Pros
Free breakfast
Cons
weather- when snowing...so cold
Very Informative and great Job to experience!
Front Desk Agent (Former Employee) –  Canmore, AB16 February 2017
Great stepping stone within career path. I didn't enjoy as much as other jobs however I learned many different attributes in regards to working life. Customer Service, courteous awareness, computer skills, and much more! I learned so much in so little time its unbelievable, I would recommend to anybody anyday!
Pros
Very Informative, Life long lessons!
Cons
Sometimes very slow!
fun, enjoyable workplace
Housekeeping supervisor (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON1 December 2016
* During my typical workday, I am responsible for housekeeping department my teams as they progress on various cleaning room. I check in and help them with any issues they may be having such as doing assignment or securing rights to the room cleaning. I keep in touch with the guest , update them on our progress and make sure they are satisfied with the room standards

* good supervisor and be a part of the manager team

* my co-workers are easy going

* the hardest part of the job when I deal with the difficulty guest

* when I'm helping the guest and housekeeper .
Pros
free breakfast
Cons
long hours at work
pretty horrible avoid this place nothing is better than this
HouseKeeping/Breakfast Bar (Current Employee) –  Kelowna, BC27 October 2016
You come in work hard and seem to never do enough.
Always micro managed.
cut your hours horribly and do the schedule without using their brains so you have even less help throughout the day.
never order the right amount of what you need
General Manager talks to you like your stupid
your opinions dont matter at all they just kinda do what they want and ignore logic all day
Pros
i dont think there is a single pro to this job
Cons
everything dont work here trust me its horrible
Needs Improvement
Banquet Server (Current Employee) –  Sarnia, ON26 October 2016
Co-workers are very hard and kind workers but the management is lacking in that aspect. Management is slow and unorganized leaving staff to improvise to make the best out of situations.Working is fun and enjoyable as you get to connect with new people but it is stressful when you are put in a position that disappoints the guests. The hours are not consistent or guaranteed so you can end up with weeks where you work everyday or weeks where you do not work at all.
Pros
Staff meal after working 5 hours
Cons
not being told when shifts end, not having gaurenteed shifts per week
Safe work place with great support to job seekers
House Keeping (Current Employee) –  Niagara Falls, ON25 October 2016
I thought house keeping job as a burden when i joined in this company. when I completed my complete training period I felt it as a normal job. Again I couldn't adjust with my allocations. When I made my mind to face all difficulties, I found this job as interesting. I learned that do not think any job is difficult before you try to do by our self.
Pros
Good Payment
Cons
Less Lunch Time
dramatic and very unfair work place
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Leduc, AB29 October 2016
consistently over hire staff and make it very hard for the employees who have been there a while . their scheduling is an absolute mess they never have enough girls when needed but always seem to have way too many girls when they dont need them . ending most of the girls in 3.5 to 5 hour a day shifts which honestly does not add up very well on pay day . not to mention they have you sign a "no gossiping " policy but its entirely voided by even the head staff i witnessed the supervisors on multiple occasions say things about other staff to other staff. so over all this place is by far the worst place to work they do alot of two facing but they treat you like garbage make you work your butt off with no benefits or nothing .
Pros
the other girls we awesome to work with
Cons
no benefits horrible pay gossiping policy
Worked there 5 years ago when establishment was under different management
Front Desk Agent (Former Employee) –  Saint-Jean-sur-Richelieu, QC5 November 2016
Had great experience working for this hotel!
Such an enriching experience!
Staff and customers were amazing! Only downfall was management. I will refrain all other comments.
But I would anyday, return there with a new management staff.
Pros
Job environnment
Cons
Low income
Productive And Always updated in training
Front Desk Agent (Current Employee) –  Saskatoon, SK10 January 2017
Every evening shift at work is a new day for me looking forward to work .. Ive learned how to be a good customer, the management are very supportive to us as well as my co -workers we really get along
Pros
Free hotel food
Cons
Guest sometimes very unpleasant to deal with
fun workplace
Internship, (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QC21 September 2016
I have internship in Holday Inn which is a nice and fun workplace. I prepare and cook of the dishes available on breakfast shift. I also do MES for the next and stuff meal. During the shift, I have to set-up, fill and supply the breakfast station.
I still have chance to work with other chefs in some special event, such as wedding, conference and parties.
I like workin in the restaurant.

Want to know more about Holiday Inn?

Ask a question
not a great workplace
Front Desk Agent (Former Employee) –  Brockville, ON29 November 2016
this was not a great workplace to work in, management almost was never there to help and always left you by yourself with little to no training on the subject. its really hard to get ahead and have a good day a work in this place.
Pros
meeting new people
Cons
management was never there
Fun & Satisfying place of employment
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB30 August 2016
I enjoyed working at Holiday Inn. The management was great and the working atmosphere was incredible. I would recommend this hotel to anyone. Very interactive work place, mostly friendly staff, benefits were great, independent type of work, long shifts. The management & staff always made each day great for both the guests and the employees! Most enjoyable part of the job was interacting with the different guests & building relationships with the regulars.
Pros
meeting new people everyday
Cons
night shifts
Not the best employer
Front Desk Agent (Former Employee) –  North Bay, ON15 February 2017
I wouldn't suggest anyone apply here unless they enjoy being demoralized and constantly scrutinized for minor things. Management has half a clue of what they need to be doing on a daily basis.
Pros
Unionized
Cons
Management, Hours, Scheduling, Atmosphere
Line Cook (Current Employee) –  Windsor, ON12 January 2017
opportunity to be creative in regards to specials, management works with you and listens and makes you part of the process work as team it can get slow so sometimes you have to go looking for something to do.
Pros
they value you as employee
Cons
it can be slow at times
Worst company i have ever worked for. The Company does not respect the employee contracts, and the union only cares for the union. You're on your own.
Bartender (Former Employee) –  Halifax, NS18 August 2016
Not a Company to grow with. I started with the Company in 2011, with a signed contract for a full time Bartender position. Over the four years of employment the union and Management used loopholes to take my full time shifts and give them to under qualified persons, while leaving me with one or two breakfast serving shifts, by the end the Union told me to get another job...so I did. The company told me if I did not work the breakfast shifts I would be fired. Having another bartender job, breakfast was impossible for me to do, so they let me go and said that I quit. WORST COMPANY AND MANAGEMENT EVER!
Cons
too many supervisors, not knowing what each r doing
Server/Hostess (Former Employee) –  Westbank, BC27 December 2016
main management very poor, enjoyed work but not enough on hand training. supervisor more interested in playing games on computer. no more to say except restaurant only open a few hrs per day in fall and winter
Fun Place to work & friendly staff/coworkers.
Housekeeper/Room Attendant (Former Employee) –  Sudbury, ON22 November 2016
Enjoyed working for this employer.
Hours are reasonable & fit my lifestyle while employed. Management & coworkers were friendly.
Pros
Free lunch, work schedules are flexible.
Cons
6month probation, no benefits or incentives.
Stand all day
Front Desk Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB15 October 2016
I like working for Holiday Inn Express but I am not allowed to sit at all.I work 7-3 with no break at all.We are not allowed to sit.We have already had a front desk clerk go on WCB because we can not sit at all.I understand standing when a guest comes in but should be able to sit on downtime.
very productive and I enjoyed my responsibilities.
Housekeeping supervisor (Former Employee) –  Saskatoon, SK6 September 2016
I thoroughly enjoyed this workplace, right until the end. I was able to maintain my full responsibilities with ease. I felt a great sense of pride in maintaining my work load and keeping guests happy and enjoying their experience within the hotel.
Pros
staff parties
Cons
drama within the team
Learned how to and be part of the comunity in Hotels and Banquets
Food & Beverage Supervisor / Banquet Captain (Former Employee) –  Stephenville, NL19 September 2016
Learned alot and once I got familiar and proper in doing what needed to be done. Enjoyed all that I needed to do. Helping find rooms for those who needed to stay and help the kitchen and pub with items. Helping being part of the Banquets