Holiday Inn Employee Reviews

Dealing with different people has always fun
Banquet Server (Current Employee) –  Toronto Pearson International Airport, ON5 August 2017
good workplace, friendly environment, serving food and beverages is enjoyable, helps me to learn different cultures, helps to learn different team members.
Pros
good environment
Cons
less hour
Houseman/maintenance (Former Employee) –  Red Deer, AB4 August 2017
Happy to be one of the employee. Coworkers are great! The most hardest part of the job is cleaning non stop when its busy and the most enjoyable is the fact that you yourself manage your own time.
fun
Front Desk/Auditing Manager (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON1 August 2017
fun place you meet alot of people, long hours but you get taken care of, a little fast pace at times when you're alone but lots of downtime as well. .
Employment is good.
Banquet Server (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB28 July 2017
Well manage, very organize front and back area, staffs are respectful and work together as a team, food and beverage menu and service is high standard, professional management, follows government and company standards on employment practices and principles, clean and well equipped customer outlets and function rooms, fun staff holiday and festive events.
Pros
good working environment
Cons
not enough hours
Unreliable kitchen staff
first cook (Former Employee) –  Peterborough, ON27 July 2017
staff was flakey
started part time
3 weeks in one of my supervisor/trainer was fired for drinking at work
2 weeks later the other supervisor/trainer called in sick so she could have a four day weekend, posted pics on facebook partying and she looked to be on drugs.
Hard, and very up pace job. overall not a bad job
Housekeeper/Laundry (Former Employee) –  Deer Lake, NL25 July 2017
It was hard, but i was welling and capable at all times to do the work that was required for me to do. loved working with the poeple that have worked there.
Needs some improvement
Maintenance (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB21 July 2017
Maintenance manager needs more people skills. He has no desire to listen to explanations or to answer questions regarding some aspects of the work needing to be done in building. Always berates staff loudly in front of other staff members. Does not keep word about pay raise after trial period. Has no wish or desire to accept other ideas for other ways to do some jobs in maintenance areas. Is always suspicious of staff members in his department.
Pros
lots of work
Cons
poor people skills with employees in maintenance shop with maintenance manager.
Fast-paced renovation, keeping hotel operational
Project Manager - Renovation (Current Employee) –  Airdrie, AB20 July 2017
Managed shipping and trades with minimal on-site storage while maintaining a functional reception area.
Predicting customs timing at border crossing was most difficult.
Overall great workplace
Maintenance Worker (Former Employee) –  St. Catharines, ON18 July 2017
Holiday inn is a great place to work the staff as well as guests are always friendly! The owner is careless too his employees but other then that everything was acceptional
Pros
free lunch, free swims, workout room available
Cons
careless owner
great place to work for
Services Agent (Former Employee) –  Riverport, NS18 July 2017
The environment is great. people help each other and management help you grow in your work. However, the pay in this hotel is lower than in other hotels in the area. good place to start though.
didn't meet my expectation
Room Attendant (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB14 July 2017
i start work early in the morning and finish my shift around 5:30 pm
The way they pay us is not fair.I get paid by how many bed we make.If i don't make 17 beds in my whole shift , they won't pay me full time. Which is not right. They were expected to pay me full time regardless of how may beds i make. I think the management is not good. I always work 8hrs
Pros
flexible schedules
Cons
get paid by how many bed you make, not by how many hour you work. I think this is not fair the employees. They exploit us
Amazing Hotel
Catering Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB13 July 2017
The particular hotel I worked for no longer exits as it was The Holiday Inn The Palace on Gateway Boulevard. It is now a Sawridge. It was owned by IHG and we had the most incredible team, product and service while I worked there. Our clients were all repeat and loyal clients and we knew all of them by name. We ran like a fine tuned clock.
Not a great place to work
Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Oshawa, ON12 July 2017
not professional
expectations are not spelled out to employees
once targets are achieved, they are not acknowledged
directions change at the last minute (even though they sometimes do not make sense, business-wise)
Pros
only worked days
Cons
favouritism shown to some employees; ownership was not professional
always something different when working, staff always have so mucb fun together. great team players
Banquet Server/Hostess (Current Employee) –  Point Edward, ON10 July 2017
most enjoyable part of the job is meeting new people and getting to see the happiness that our team brings them.

The hardest part would have to be dealing with people who are "stuck in their ways" and do not appreciate the hard work we all put into everything we do.
Great company to work for. Many chances for future advancement and growth
General Manager (Current Employee) –  Holiday Inn Calgary Airport5 July 2017
My typical day at work is as follows:
- Property walk around
- Check all Departments to ensure all is well.
- Review guest recovery log from the Front Desk to ensure that no follow up is required and all problems have been resolved.
- Check emails and answer all guest emails, and respond to any guest reviews from Heartbeat and any other third party sites, e.g. Expedia, Hotels.com and Booking.com
- Lobby Ambassador during high checkout periods and ensuring all guests have had an enjoyable stay and resolving any problems before guests checkout, if there any issues during their stay.

The workplace culture in my hotel is a pleasant one. All employees are happy and content for the most part. The hardest part of the job is keeping employees as there are many hotels in my area that are being built and offer competitive salaries. The most enjoyable part of my job is not knowing what to expect when I come in. I love that my job is never routine. There is always something different that occurs everyday which challenges me and keeps me on my toes.
23 hotel bedrooms.
Hotel cleaning (Former Employee) –  Nisku, AB1 July 2017
It was a really clean place with a lot of people working there. although lots of work to be done in just a little amount of time. Everybody is respectful in the building nobody treats you like you shouldn't be.
Pros
free lunch/ free breakfast.
Cons
cleanliness
Owned by dishonest and disreputable owners
Maintenance Engineer (Former Employee) –  Guelph, ON25 June 2017
Dishonest business practices
Time wasted by the worst micro-manager for whom I have ever worked
Very unhappy staff
Poorest work environment of any job that I have ever had
Nice workplace
Housekeeper/Cleaner (Current Employee) –  Edson, AB24 June 2017
I am enjoy working with the company including all their amenities like the gym and a swimming pool!. The administrators are great, the frontdesk are great ang even my colleague!
Pros
Free amenities
Cons
Not full house all the time
Nice place to work.
housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB21 June 2017
A typical day at holiday inn was really nice, but fast paced, clock in, stock the cleaning carts, go to the assigned rooms, clean the rooms and bathrooms, strip the bed sheets and put clean ones on. the woman I was with showing me the ropes told me I couldn't go on breaks and to take my lunch break after everyone else had theirs, to get rooms done faster. I'll admit I was slow at getting the hang of the repetitive work and that was my downfall and fully my fault. But I still didn't like the idea that I was told not to go on breaks. overall it was a great place to work and most of the staff were really nice and genuine people.
Pros
meeting great people, salary
Cons
suggested that i shouldnt take breaks and have a late lunch.
hard work
Housekeeping/attendant (Current Employee) –  Whitby, ON17 June 2017
Benefits good low pay.can be quite stressful at times.management can be strict and lax.weekend work is normal. Opportunity for advancement.good retirement plan.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Holiday Inn. Our community is ready to answer.