Holiday Inn

Holiday Inn Canada Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Great
Housekeeping Room Attendant (Former Employee), Barrie, ONFebruary 25, 2015
Great Place To Work, Although When I Got Injured And Could Not Come In To Work For A Couple Weeks They Let Me Go Pretty Fast.
You Clean Rooms For A Living, Not To Shabby
Nice place to work as a Room Attendant
Housekeeping Room Attendant (Former Employee), St. John's, NLFebruary 25, 2015
Pros: everyone were good people to work with and always offered help
Cons: not getting many hours in working lately
I loved working as a Housekeeping Room Attendant but the work at this hotel is getting really slow. I know Fortis Properties, the owners are selling off its hotels and I don't know if this is part of the reason for the work dropping so fast.
Busy working
Front Desk Manager (Current Employee), Grande Prairie, ABFebruary 23, 2015
Cons: tasks are different every days
- briefing with the team.
- check the No show last night & Manager report.
- Check the log book.
- participate the morning department head meeting.
- balancing the room inventory.
- check the VIP's
- assign the rooms
- check the Audit of the night before.
- check the e-mails.
- communicate with other departments to ensure the smooth of operation.
- all the above the repeatable tasks.
Fast paced environment filled with great people
My current position is Housekeeping (Current Employee), Windsor ONFebruary 16, 2015
Pros: incentives such as lunches and gift cards or family discounts
Cons: long hours when busy
In a typical work day I work 8 hours a day and am required to complete 16 rooms a day. I am also required to do laundry and shift work on occasion as well as all general cleaning duties.
The management staff gives us great feedback as well as all the proper training and are great with the employees on a professional and personal level. They take the time and patients to make sure we are long lasting team members, with most staff on 10 or more years.
My co-workers are all great with attending to guests needs as well as working as a team to help out and get the job done.
The hardest part of the job is, as we are a Hotel, we see large fluctuations in vacancy. It can be very high energy and fast paced at times, and can be a a little stressful, but with the staff being such a great team and eager to help, the job is always done right and on time.
The most enjoyable part of the job for me, is the interactions with the Guests and making sure we go above and beyond for them. It really instills a sense of pride and satisfaction for myself, my guests and management
Worst Company to work for
Front Desk (Former Employee), Calgary, ABFebruary 12, 2015
Cons: very abusive environmnet
Holiday Inn Express Calgary South

You basically will not have proper training and/or the supplies to perform your job. You will be overloaded with so much work you will hardly get it done and will be reprimanded for that. They will constantly send you home early and ask your relieve to come late so the time two are working at the desk gets reduced to the minimum... guests' request cant be handled properly without leaving other customers unattended.... You will be reprimanded and have your signature on a disciplinary action if guests complain about it.

They constantly abuse of Temporary Foreign Workers who cannot go elsewhere to work. They do not hire locals as they usually do not put up with such abuse. If you ever say anything they will just start cutting your hours.

Avoid this place to work
Safe secure position good for routine regular work
Security Guard (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABFebruary 9, 2015
Pros: a very secure job with a fair pay
Cons: being a very corporate business they were never short of rules and regulations
As night hotel security, it was my job to make sure that noise was kept down to a reasonable level and that undesirable elements were not allowed to bother customers in the hotel. Also parking lot rounds were insisted upon.
co worker
Housekeeping (Current Employee), Vancouver, BCFebruary 6, 2015
Pros: free lunch
Cons: long hour
Working 8 houer per day, learn a lots of thinks . I m a very kind person .The hard part at the job was to carry a lots of things.
A God place to start a Job
Intern (Former Employee), Clark CityFebruary 3, 2015
A good place to start, learned new knowledge and skills from our boss and the management was great and also my co workers, didn't find the job hard i enjoyed every part of the Job.
Mediocre with a lot of drawbacks
Night Auditor (Current Employee), VernonJanuary 29, 2015
Pros: i got fulltime
Cons: no way to advance, no benifits, and the owners are cheap
I liked the job, and every job has it's downs. You will always run into a guest that either loves or hates you. The one thing I have to say that is a really downer about this job is the owners. No offense to them, but they are cheap to the point of "why do I work here?" There are no benefits at all, the only plus side is full time and the co-workers are great.
Unique Work environment with diverse work force
HR CO-OP (Former Employee), Toronto, ONJanuary 26, 2015
It was a great company to start my career with. Had a lots of opportunities to gain some industry knowledge which would certainly help me in the future. Co workers and management has a very unique bond. All the staff members are very friendly and passionate about what they do.
The clean touch.
House Keeping (Former Employee), Kingston, ONJanuary 18, 2015
Pros: always was given lots of shifts to work, and the staff were very nice
Cons: winter time i was on call, and i had to move.
My shift was a 8:00am start, I enjoyed meeting the staff and the supervisor. The managers were very kind. I became focused on the skills needed for the job. I developed organization skills. At times there is interaction with guest of the hotel which was rewarding. I was always praised by the managers and supervisors upon completing rooms to an above standard of cleanliness.
Decent part time job
Waitressing (Former Employee), Greater Sudbury, ONJanuary 15, 2015
Pros: meeting people
Cons: management
Management and staff are not very friendly, but customers are a wide array of peoples and the atmosphere is fun.
Great
Reservation Supervisor (Former Employee), Calgary, ABJanuary 6, 2015
Productive, Fun Work place. Get to interact with different guests from different parts of the world. The management is very supportive and helpful. My coworkers are great. There is nothing hard about this job. I enjoyed working here. Left the job as I was looking for a better opportunity which I found at the Sheraton.
Pleasant working environment, very positive
Night Auditor and Front desk staff (Former Employee), Windsor, ONJanuary 1, 2015
Pros: hotel discounts
Cons: long hours, tough shift, a lot of paperwork
I learned a bunch on the job, and it really keeps you on your feet. Working night audit makes the job a lot more difficult, especially on weekends. The job itself isn't very pleasant, but the management and staff are excellent and keep you motivated. A day at work included accounting most of all, as there was a lot of paperwork and report organizing. Regardless, I would get around 3 hours of downtime in which I could relax for a little bit unless a guest is in need. The only issue is the hours, as night shift ruins your sleep schedule and it couldn't work with me and school.
Typical hotel job
Guest service agent (Current Employee), Edmonton, ABDecember 30, 2014
Pros: already knew computer system and basic job title requirements, 1st interview after moving to edmonton and hired on the spot
Cons: need a faster pace environment with better pay and promotion options
Typical hotel job,
enjoy the people and making guests happy
work well with everyone, they are kind, friendly and excepting,
management could be more professional and the job could have more structure and organisation.
Holiday Inn
House Keeper (Former Employee), Lethbridge, ABDecember 26, 2014
Pros: managment
Cons: organization
What a work day included was a list of about 18 rooms each per day. What I learned was how to create a routine to clean rooms properly but in less time. Management was friendly. My co-workers were hard working and easy going. The hardest part of the job was cleaning the party rooms. The most enjoyable part of the job was being able to work in teams and get double the rooms done in the lime limit one person would get their list done. What an accomplishment!
good place to work
Housekeeping (Former Employee), Truro, NSNovember 18, 2014
good place to work, good hours but pay wasted very much for the work you do. Worked long hours and lots of overtime which I didn't mind. It was an excellent place to work and the supervisors were wonderful.
Good Experience
Reservation Supervisor (Former Employee), CalgaryNovember 13, 2014
Productive. it was fun working in the reservation department and learning about the system.
Working at Holiday Inn
Laundry Attendant (Former Employee), Toronto, ONNovember 10, 2014
Pros: good hours
Upon working at Holiday Inn for a short time, it was fun, although we cannot say it is a 100% easy nor hard job. My work begins at 9:00 am and ends at 6:00 pm. I had learned a lot of things, such as how to minimize my time in every minutes to cover up all the assigned task for a day, including how to communicate with my co workers who were very helpful , nice and friendly especially to the new hired. In management, in a short time I worked in this company, I found that they were a little pushy maybe for a good reason (but this is not the reason why I quit my job), but overall they were friendly and respectful. As a worker in laundry department, the hardest part of my job was pushing the cart filled of dirty linens which has been pick up in every floors, and of course loading and unloading the machines. But aside that, I enjoyed being a worker in this company, because I learned a lots of things, I can explore my knowledge and have a good environment, meeting a new friends and most of all I liking and loving my job.
Team based on a tight deadline
Housekeeping (Former Employee), Windsor, ONNovember 5, 2014
The Holiday Inn is not easy work but so long as you get along with your coworkers and are willing to put in the effort it can be an acceptable job. The hardest part is keeping up with the deadlines for special guests or a fully booked hotel while maintaining the attention to detail that would be necessary on a slow day. If you can keep your cool and get along with your coworkers then even on the toughest days there will be someone there to support you and make sure everything is done right and on time.

1 2 3 4 5

About Holiday Inn

Holiday Inn Hotels & Resorts is part of the InterContinental Hotels Group family of brands with global headquarters in the – Read more