Holiday Inn

Holiday Inn Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
productive
House Keeper (Former Employee), Winnipeg, MBAugust 13, 2014
Pros: free soft drinks
Cons: long hours
same thing I felt like I was running around a lot up and down not having what I need for what I learned in working in hotels is this
have a team together that works well together gets things done faster the hardest is some times the workers don't get along or they have there own way of doing things the only thing I enjoy is meeting new pple
Great property to work for.
Banquet Captain / Catering Supervisor (Former Employee), Ottawa, ONJuly 31, 2014
Pros: staff
Cons: long hours
I was responsible for the execution of all meeting and conferences at Holiday Inn and Suites Downtown Ottawa.

I had a small staff that I managed on a day to day basis.

The hardest part of the job was to ensure that all clients within the hotel had the best experience possible and to ensure that they return for their next meeting.

The most enjoyable – more... part of the job was the management and catering staff. They were terrific colleagues to have worked with. – less
hard work
Housekeeping (Former Employee), Woodstock, ONJuly 25, 2014
Pros: free lunch
Cons: no hours
hard work, good job, work out, fun co-workers, good team work
Not too bad for a summer job
Room Attendant (Former Employee), Seward, AKJuly 6, 2014
Pros: free rent, nice manager, lots of hours
Cons: hard work, rush working
Everything was great, the manager was awesome. He treat everyone equally either you are seasonal or full time worker.
Bell Person
Bellman (Former Employee), Winnipeg, MBJune 27, 2014
Pros: free lunches
Drove guests
Learned to be energetic and friendly
Were decent people
Were good co-workers
Staying up all night
Nice experience
Night Auditor (Former Employee), Calgary, ABJune 20, 2014
Pros: no supervision at work
Cons: night shift
It was my first experience working as a night auditor.
Managed the total accounting and audit of transactions of the hotel.
Fun place to work
Housekeeper (Former Employee), St. Catharines, ONJune 9, 2014
Pros: physically demanding
Cons: long days
- Sanitize and disinfect guest rooms as well as change linens and replace amenities
- I learned I enjoy working not only as an individual but as a team in a team environment
- Management for the most part was pretty good and understanding
- Co-workers were excellent and fun
- Hardest part of the job was when we had to work 10 days in a row
- Most enjoyable – more... part was that it's physically demanding, and you're always moving – less
Having fun with co workers.
Room Attendant (Current Employee), Barrie, ONJune 2, 2014
Pros: over time
Cons: negative attitudes
Working in the world of Labour is not a joke, you have to dedicate your time, effort, your heart, your strength and the positive side of yourself. There are times that I want to give up but because I learned how to love this job it is not easy for me to let it go. Once that I gave my everything on something that I know I am capable of there's no way – more... of letting go or giving up. I believe every workplace has it's own hardest part, there's no job that is easy as sleeping and waking up the next morning. For 1 year of working my self is already adjust for the hard work, at first it is really hard but as I go along my way it becomes easier and easier. I was given a chance too. to train a newly hired attendants. for me it is really a privilege to train a new one. – less
Job performace
Labourer/Maintenance (Former Employee), Saint John, NBMay 16, 2014
I enjoyed working at the Holiday Inn - it was all inside work and I had a good balance between work & home life with medical benefits.
not to bad
Room Attendant (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABMay 14, 2014
people talked about eachother didnt really like it.. people started talking about me.. and i just started working there not even 3 days they started talking about me.. so i quit..
hated it there.
Hostess (Former Employee), Peterborough, ONMay 8, 2014
i worked there as a coop student. i absolutely HATED it..
i got treated pourly, i was used and never was actually able to do things that i was originally there for , for a feild that i was looking into when i was done highschool for college ..
Enjoyable learning friendly enviornment
Guest Services Representative (Former Employee), Trenton, ONMay 8, 2014
Pros: free lunchs, could sit when it was not busy
Cons: working front desk you are the first person the guest sees, the last. your impression leaves the biggest imprint
I would typically work the 7-3 position which would be where I would check the guest out of the hotel, wish them happy travels. I would prepare the front desk for the 3-11 shift , which would require reading all of the notes and going over special request for guests and preassigning rooms due to requests, teams, or parties. I learned a lot about the – more... hotel business and that you must have a lot of patience . You must smile and be very polite. The coworkers at the hotel, we all treated each other like family. Great business to work for. My most enjoyable part of the job would be meeting and seeing new faces everyday, learning about their vacations, business travels or postings, whatever brought the guest to the area. – less
maintained room properly.
House Keeping (Former Employee), branford hamiltonApril 11, 2014
i was looking after room,when room guest left. maintained room properly and change bed cover,clean properle care house guest and satisfaction is our goal.
No Stability
Housekeeper and Banquet Server (Current Employee), Guelph, ONApril 3, 2014
My typical day at work as a house keeper looks like this:
-receive room list from boss
-gather supplies
- set up my housekeeping cart (gather more supplies)
-check my list to see what rooms I can start cleaning ( when people have left)
-start room ( empty dirty laundry and garbage, restock supplies, dust bedroom and living area, clean wash room and – more... vaccume
-take out garbage and recycling at the end of the day or when it fills up
- throw dirty linens down the shoot periodically or at break times

Working at the Holiday Inn Hotel as a maid has taught me to be a more tidy person and how to be organized it has also trained me better to think about what it would be like to be in someone else`s shoes.

I feel that the management in my main department needs a bit of improving their communication skills and a better understanding and a shown appreciation for it`s employees.

My co- workers are nice ladies and I generally have a good time working with them. They are from all backgrounds and the diversity makes it that much more interesting.

The hardest two things about my job is being in a room cleaning by myself. I feel that I am more of a social person, so being behind the scenes in a customer based company is a struggle to find the enjoyment. I also don`t have any hours stability or guarantee. The shifts will usually not be full 8 hour shifts, A look back at my schedule for example: last week I relieved 5 shifts and one was cancelled the day before and the week before that I had one 5 hour shift. This makes my life frustrating and hard to plan how to spend finances and save for college to better my education.

The two most enjoyable parts about working at the holiday inn as a maid is 1. even though there is a small tax, There is meals provided at most of the break times. It`s usually left overs from events but the chefs are really good at their jobs and its always tasty and 2. I get to watch television when it is not as busy, as I am cleaning my rooms. – less
Working as a Family at the Holiday Inn
Front Office Manager (Current Employee), Kitchener, ONMarch 23, 2014
Pros: free lunches and great meetings
Cons: long hours away from your family
In operations every day is a different day, you never know what is going to happen. You have to be ready and always alerted. In hospitality you learn how to be patient, a good communicator and should always work on delivering consistent service.

It starts early in the morning preparing for your arrivals, following up with the issues from last night, – more... briefing your morning staff and making sure the night audit have completed all their reports.

As a manager you have to lead by example. Coach your staff and motivate them to perform better.

Meeting your budget at the end of the month with payroll is always a challenge, moreover, it is tough to forecast when you have a lot of last minute booking. On the other hand the best part of the job is working with an amazing team and meet great people.

At the end of the day you its all about making your staff feel good about what they do and always give them feedback on things they should improve on. – less
Day to Day
Guest Service Agent (Current Employee), OttawaMarch 12, 2014
Pros: cheap hotel rooms
Cons: language barrier
Dealing in a fast paced environment
Check in/outs
Answering Phone
Making guests stays memorable
Loved my job
Bartender (Former Employee), Grande Prairie, ABMarch 12, 2014
Pros: ecellent staff and hours
Cons: night time job
This job was awesome, I enjoyed my time at the holiday inn and suites. I just needed a change of of pace and bartending was just not working out for me any more.
love working at the holiday inn
cook/trainer (Current Employee), MontrĂ©al, QCMarch 12, 2014
Pros: long hours that pass by really fast
fast pace
i learned to be fast
best chef and sous chef i worked with
Fun and enjoyable
House Keeper (Former Employee), Kelowna, BCMarch 6, 2014
cleaning rooms when guest where out in the morning or had checked out of room.
how to make beds and what the rooms should look like and how to fold towels
the management would step in and help out when needed and my co-works where fun to work with and we would help each other out too when the rooms where a big mess.
the fun envierment
Excellent place of work
Guest Services Representative (Former Employee), Vancouver, BCMarch 4, 2014
I really enjoyed working with the staff at Holiday Inn. The staff were great and I really enjoyed working in each department that I was required to work in. It was a great team with lots of challenges but we always worked together to make sure the job was done and came out on top.

1 2 3 4 5

About Holiday Inn

Holiday Inn Hotels & Resorts is part of the InterContinental Hotels Group family of brands with global headquarters in the – Read more