Holiday Inn Employee Reviews in Canada

• Salary/Benefits
new experience, supportive coworkers
Supervisor Housekeeping (Former Employee), Toronto,onApril 23, 2016
Pros: friendly environment
I had a great time working there. All the managers were nice and supportive. Overall it was a great experience, I got to know all the attendants and their stable schedules.
working with them was fun, really enjoyable
inspection (Former Employee), Mississauga, ONApril 23, 2016
learn working with different new people, helpful and enjoyable work.
all members are really helpful, manager he is really nice, understandable and friendly.
Great opportunity to meet many new people from different areas.
Front Desk Receptionist (Former Employee), Temiskaming Shores, ONApril 20, 2016
While working for Holiday Inn Express and Suites I was able to meet a very wide range of people from multiple background. I started as a janitor/breakfast attendant, then was promoted to housekeeper and finally the front desk attendant. I got along great with all my fellow associates and all of the guests that entered our facility.
Dont work here, you will regret it.
Room Attendant (Former Employee), Dartmouth, NSApril 16, 2016
Pros: Coworkers are great, Money is good.
Cons: Rude management, Heavy Workload, Higher expectations for new employees, Managers only follow Collective agreement when beneficial to them.
Working here was less than a blast for me& my fellow housekeepers. Not only are we understaffed for the duration of the summer, but our workload is ridiculous. Management seems to think they only have to follow one side of the Collective agreement, the parts that benefit them, and that the rest of it is invalid. Good luck trying to get a day off, even when requested, they will "misplace" or "Misfile" your request paper and you'll be stuck working. They schedule their "Part time" employees during the summer months for 7+ days. Some have done 14 day stretches without a day off& only receiving 4 days of straight overtime pay when its illegal to work an employee more than 6 days straight without a full day of rest. On top of that, you'll have to track your own hours because this company is quite good as messing up paychecks & miscalculating hours.

During the winter, they act like they own you. It doesn't matter if you're sick& have doctors notes, they expect you to be willing and able to work no matter what the situation. The company got bought out recently& the pro's of the job started to decline. They took away our lunch meals& replaced them after a month of us having to bring our own (though in the collective agreement it says we are entitled to one hot meal a day) with the same dry sandwiches& watered down soup every day. The place is disgusting. You get sent into 'bed bug' rooms without warning, get in trouble for not having something that's never been cleaned before you came clean during inspections. Management has her favorites. Not everyone is treated the same.

The – more... best part about the job is the coworkers. They make the place tolerable. Aside from that, prepare to have your feelings hurt& be talked down to like you're owned by the company every single day you work there. You'll have lots of "sitting on the side of the tub" cries. I promise. – less
Day in the life of a Guest Service Agent
Front Desk Receptionist (Former Employee), Kingston, ONApril 11, 2016
Pros: Guest services
Cons: Management
AM- Check-outs, settle the bill, make sure there are no restaurant charges left behind. Take phone reservations, prepare the rest of the day for the PM shift for check-ins.

The hardest part of the job is when you don't have a good manager, that doesn't lead by example of how things can run smoothly and fair.

I love working with the public, so the hospitality industry has definitely given me that opportunity. It has opened my eyes to all the different personalities out there and how easily people get flustered, and taught me how to turn a terrible experience for a guest into a great one when they leave, but just listening to them vent and try your best to assist them.
Fast paced and a lot of experience gained, daily management assistance
3rd Cook (Current Employee), North York, ONMarch 31, 2016
-inexperienced co-workers
-passionate dedication to excel
jobs
Housekeeping/Laundry (Former Employee), Fort Saskatchewan, ABMarch 21, 2016
I like work but I do enjoy it keep me busy I got along with everone was train I did job so good u can call the my boss gave work alone all time some time work with the ladys
Typical workplace
Front Desk Clerk (Former Employee), Gananoque, ONMarch 16, 2016
Pros: n/a
Cons: Poor Management
Management sucks alot. Very rude Manager shes nasty person
Needs better communication skills, and slow down when training new employees.
learned do to night audit
co-workers need to calm down on relax when it comes to certain things
Challenging Position
Hotel Manager (Former Employee), Mississauga, ONMarch 4, 2016
Pros: Free laundry, lunch, close to my house and much more
Cons: I have to be available 24/7
It was a great work experience for me
I had to learn almost every function in the hotel i.e. Inventory control for all the departments, Union negotiation etc.
hard working
Toronto, On Housekeeping Supervisor (Former Employee), Toronto, ONMarch 2, 2016
I learned patience. My coworkers are pleasant. The hardest part of my job is flipping rooms. Working with different people
Front Desk Clerk (Former Employee), Toronto, ONMarch 1, 2016
Pros: Fun
Cons: Good hours
It is great environment and fun to work for.

They look for self-directed individual who possesses initiative combined with the ability to work independently and with minimal supervision
Not the best experience
Maintenance Technician (Former Employee), Calgary, ABFebruary 29, 2016
Pros: Free meals
Cons: No communication
New bosses still trying to figure out their jobs made it difficult to work here. Both the manager of maintenance as well as the hotel were new to their jobs and still finding their way.
Good costumer service experience
Housekeeping (Former Employee), Calgary, ABFebruary 29, 2016
Pros: new skills in costumer service
This job require a lot of concentration because we had a lot to do in one day is very hard job but I learned a lot of costumer service and cleaning skills is a big challenge because one of the hardest thing is not to bother the costumers when we were cleaning and also manage sometimes a problem with a costumer and solve it and fill all the necessary amenities to keep a happy costumer. Sme times we had pressure at the hotel but we never had some issues we couldn't fix between co-workers we always tried to have a nice enviroment. is a nice experience working as a housekeeper.
Holiday Inn
Night Audit Supervisor (Current Employee), Newmarket, ONFebruary 27, 2016
Started at this hotel from day one and saw it quickly become one of the most established properties in all of Charleston, SC.
Not a great place to work - zero balance
F and B Manager (Former Employee), Guelph, ONFebruary 23, 2016
Westmount Hospitality is an awful company. Completely faceless and have zero concern for there staff or mgmt

No balance to the position, no resources to be successful.

Profit driven not hoiven.spitality dr

Productive and Fun because this is what I love to do
Inclusive Date (Former Employee), PHFebruary 22, 2016
Pros: free meals
Upon Construction:
install conduits, cable pulling, cable testing
I learn how to cope up with deadlines and how to designate jobs in order to finish the task before the deadlines.
the hardest part is to troubleshoot and the most enjoyable part of the job is to have a technical support after the installation.
very nice place to work
Front Desk Agent (Current Employee), Whitecourt, ABFebruary 15, 2016
very good training, competitive wages, excellence management, grooming standard are awesome, great place to work very light environment, not stressful and friendly people.
Housekeeper (Former Employee), Lethbridge, ABFebruary 14, 2016
Pros: Good people to work with and learn new things
Cons: Sometimes work gets disgusting, because some guests are nasty
My job as a housekeeper, helped me to be efficient in a small time.
The management was nice. The work was really good splited between employees.
Great team to work with
Front Desk Agent (Current Employee), Milton, ONFebruary 7, 2016
A pretty easy going job, the people are the best part of the job and also can be the most challenging. The hotel could use some renovations and upgrades that would help our job run smoother.
Hard Work
Front Desk Supervisor (Current Employee), London, ONFebruary 5, 2016
Interesting field. Its the same as every other hotel. Check list of items to complete while answering phones and helping guests.
Headquarters
300 John Q. Hammons Pkwy.
Ste. 900