Holiday Inn
2,813 reviews

Holiday Inn Canada Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Unique Work environment with diverse work force
HR CO-OP (Former Employee), Toronto, ONJanuary 26, 2015
It was a great company to start my career with. Had a lots of opportunities to gain some industry knowledge which would certainly help me in the future. Co workers and management has a very unique bond. All the staff members are very friendly and passionate about what they do.
The clean touch.
House Keeping (Former Employee), Kingston, ONJanuary 18, 2015
Pros: always was given lots of shifts to work, and the staff were very nice
Cons: winter time i was on call, and i had to move.
My shift was a 8:00am start, I enjoyed meeting the staff and the supervisor. The managers were very kind. I became focused on the skills needed for the job. I developed organization skills. At times there is interaction with guest of the hotel which was rewarding. I was always praised by the managers and supervisors upon completing rooms to an above standard of cleanliness.
Decent part time job
Waitressing (Former Employee), Greater Sudbury, ONJanuary 15, 2015
Pros: meeting people
Cons: management
Management and staff are not very friendly, but customers are a wide array of peoples and the atmosphere is fun.
Great
Reservation Supervisor (Former Employee), Calgary, ABJanuary 6, 2015
Productive, Fun Work place. Get to interact with different guests from different parts of the world. The management is very supportive and helpful. My coworkers are great. There is nothing hard about this job. I enjoyed working here. Left the job as I was looking for a better opportunity which I found at the Sheraton.
Pleasant working environment, very positive
Night Auditor and Front desk staff (Former Employee), Windsor, ONJanuary 1, 2015
Pros: hotel discounts
Cons: long hours, tough shift, a lot of paperwork
I learned a bunch on the job, and it really keeps you on your feet. Working night audit makes the job a lot more difficult, especially on weekends. The job itself isn't very pleasant, but the management and staff are excellent and keep you motivated. A day at work included accounting most of all, as there was a lot of paperwork and report organizing. Regardless, I would get around 3 hours of downtime in which I could relax for a little bit unless a guest is in need. The only issue is the hours, as night shift ruins your sleep schedule and it couldn't work with me and school.
Typical hotel job
Guest service agent (Current Employee), Edmonton, ABDecember 30, 2014
Pros: already knew computer system and basic job title requirements, 1st interview after moving to edmonton and hired on the spot
Cons: need a faster pace environment with better pay and promotion options
Typical hotel job,
enjoy the people and making guests happy
work well with everyone, they are kind, friendly and excepting,
management could be more professional and the job could have more structure and organisation.
Holiday Inn
House Keeper (Former Employee), Lethbridge, ABDecember 26, 2014
Pros: managment
Cons: organization
What a work day included was a list of about 18 rooms each per day. What I learned was how to create a routine to clean rooms properly but in less time. Management was friendly. My co-workers were hard working and easy going. The hardest part of the job was cleaning the party rooms. The most enjoyable part of the job was being able to work in teams and get double the rooms done in the lime limit one person would get their list done. What an accomplishment!
good place to work
Housekeeping (Former Employee), Truro, NSNovember 18, 2014
good place to work, good hours but pay wasted very much for the work you do. Worked long hours and lots of overtime which I didn't mind. It was an excellent place to work and the supervisors were wonderful.
Good Experience
Reservation Supervisor (Former Employee), CalgaryNovember 13, 2014
Productive. it was fun working in the reservation department and learning about the system.
Working at Holiday Inn
Laundry Attendant (Former Employee), Toronto, ONNovember 10, 2014
Pros: good hours
Upon working at Holiday Inn for a short time, it was fun, although we cannot say it is a 100% easy nor hard job. My work begins at 9:00 am and ends at 6:00 pm. I had learned a lot of things, such as how to minimize my time in every minutes to cover up all the assigned task for a day, including how to communicate with my co workers who were very helpful , nice and friendly especially to the new hired. In management, in a short time I worked in this company, I found that they were a little pushy maybe for a good reason (but this is not the reason why I quit my job), but overall they were friendly and respectful. As a worker in laundry department, the hardest part of my job was pushing the cart filled of dirty linens which has been pick up in every floors, and of course loading and unloading the machines. But aside that, I enjoyed being a worker in this company, because I learned a lots of things, I can explore my knowledge and have a good environment, meeting a new friends and most of all I liking and loving my job.
Team based on a tight deadline
Housekeeping (Former Employee), Windsor, ONNovember 5, 2014
The Holiday Inn is not easy work but so long as you get along with your coworkers and are willing to put in the effort it can be an acceptable job. The hardest part is keeping up with the deadlines for special guests or a fully booked hotel while maintaining the attention to detail that would be necessary on a slow day. If you can keep your cool and get along with your coworkers then even on the toughest days there will be someone there to support you and make sure everything is done right and on time.
excellent
cleaner (Former Employee), Toronto, ONOctober 15, 2014
Pros: free one meal
Cons: -
Housekeepers at Holiday Inn clean and organize rooms and corridors in a timely and effective manner. Specific duties include cleaning rooms by category priority, using proper cleaning chemicals for different surfaces, and reporting damages or maintenance issues. Additional job duties a Holiday Inn housekeeper may need to carry out include restocking the supply cart and turning in lost and found items to the front desk. Holiday Inn hires cleaning associates demonstrating dedication and attention to detail.staff was cooperative ,friendly work as a team ,the management was very good. the most enjoyable part of this job was continues learning of new skills of how to deal with diffrent culture.
NA
Guest Service Manager (Current Employee), CanadaOctober 15, 2014
Management daily duties,

The rest is not available

it was ok too much work load
Room attendant (Former Employee), Dartmouth, NSOctober 7, 2014
Pros: good hour
Cons: hour was long
the co-worker was nice but the work load was too much i never work there any more.
fun to work
Waitress (Former Employee), oakvilleSeptember 26, 2014
no possibility of advancement
food and beverage doesn't have a manager who you can count with.
very nice place to work
Line cook (Current Employee), Toronto, ONSeptember 15, 2014
Pros: unionised
Cons: no growth
awesome co workers and management.
8 hours shift with break and good pay and benfits
Productive and Happy work environment
Part time Front Desk (Current Employee), Grande Prairie, ABSeptember 4, 2014
I absolutely love working for this hotel, it has a wonderful environment, the management team is wonderful, and willing to help whenever needed. My co-workers are wonderful to work with, we ensure all information is passed on to the next shift. The hardest part of my job would be understanding exactly how to react to situations with customer complaint or problems in the hotel. The most enjoyable part is the wonderful laid back atmosphere.
Housekeeping
HOUSEKEEPING (CO-OP) (Former Employee), Windsor, ONSeptember 1, 2014
Cleaning rooms and helping out in laundry.
I work mostly in laundry helping wash, dry and fold sheets, towels and all other things. I liked the people I work with and missed them after I left.
productive work place
House Keeper (Former Employee), Winnipeg, MBAugust 26, 2014
not any differant than other days at work
the only thing I liked was going home
takeing care of guest and clean empty rooms
Typical Hospitality
Guest services Agent (Current Employee), OsoyoosAugust 22, 2014
Can be a stressful work environment, some managers aren't the friendliest but the guests make up for the happiness.

1 2 3 4 5

About Holiday Inn

Holiday Inn Hotels & Resorts is part of the InterContinental Hotels Group family of brands with global headquarters in the – Read more