Holiday Inn Employee Reviews in Canada

great staff, we have a swimming pool and a weight room/ excersize room
Technician (Current Employee) –  Richmond Hill, ONJuly 27, 2016
great place to work I just wish I could get more hours. I really do love this job but I do not see a future here. I need room for advancement and more hours!
Pros
free breakfast
Cons
no room for advancement
no hope for future
Shuttle Driver /Bellman (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MBJuly 22, 2016
This job has no advancement in the near future, if ever, and also we will not receive any raises unless minimum wage increases, as well as management seems to not be acting fair when gratuities are given,
Pros
close to home
Cons
Income potential with this job
Productive Busy Workplace
Night Auditor (Accountant) (Current Employee) –  St. John's, NLJuly 20, 2016
I enjoyed working at Holiday Inn. The management was great and the working atmosphere was incredible. I would recommend this hotel to anyone
Housekeeping
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Dartmouth, NSJuly 20, 2016
I felt that my age was to young compared to the others. The pay was great and the hours were workable. My management was not ideal.
Pros
Good pay, great hours, nice people.
Cons
no sick days, hard work, no respect.
Team is good
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Lethbridge, ABJuly 16, 2016
Always facing the unknown when going into work. The team was very good to work with .Management was selfish, and did not care about its staff. Treated its foreign workers horribly. Would not work there again.
Pros
Small, friendly team of coworkers
Cons
Hard work, for little pay.
responsibility
Housekeeping Room Attendant (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABJuly 13, 2016
Was Stressful at times being responsible for so many students worked well with my partner participated in meetings magnificent turn out for students who didn't have lunch. It was a great feeling everyday knowing I was doing a good deed.
Good company
Guest Services Manager (Current Employee) –  Peterborough, ONJuly 10, 2016
Holiday Inn is a good place to learn and grow with a good management team.
There is a high focus on customer service from every level of staff.
Supportive Management
Front Desk Agent (Former Employee) –  Saskatoon, SKJuly 4, 2016
The Management Team at the Holiday Inn Express are very supportive, informative, accommodating, and knowledgable. The hiring process screens in team members with a strong work ethic and great personalities.
Cons
shift work, strange hours
Enjoyed working with the public
Housekeeping Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Regina, SKJune 25, 2016
A typical day at work consisted of doing a low stock merchandise count using PDT System, rotating merchandise on shelves, restocking merchandise, organizing displays for in-store promotions.

I learned how to order merchandise for the store when the manager was on conference calls. The hardest part of the job was trying to get to the stock to be put out on the floor from the back, was disorganized and made it difficult to perform my job properly.

The most enjoyable part of the job was working with the public and assisting them when needed.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Disorganized store
My Work place
Maintenance Manager (Current Employee) –  Calgary, ABJune 22, 2016
Everyday i start my work by checking the internal and external of the building, checking the electrical, boiler room and pool water chemistry and then proceed to my usual daily work order schedule after finishing the work request i go for my daily preventative maintenance.

Everyday has a different task and problems so i learned a lot specially the maintaining the pool and the boiler.

Co-workers, we have a camaraderie because i maintain a good communication.

Hardest part of the job, none

Enjoyable part of the job is my co-workers.
hosekeeping
Housekeeping (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QCJune 20, 2016
A lot of pression, missing a lot of things and products for working, the co-workes are ok. the service is good in the hotel
Pros
Syndicats
Cons
Manquent beaucoup des produits pour travail
Well worth the experience
Front Desk Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONJune 15, 2016
Initially a very welcoming atmosphere. I was soon taught how to operate the check in/check out program, and was soon implementing said program into everyday life on the job. Initially, the vast number of guests was overwhelming, however once I adapted, communicating became second nature and very much enjoyable.
Front Desk Agent
Front Desk Agent (Former Employee) –  Medicine Hat, ABJune 15, 2016
Very interactive work place, mostly friendly staff, benefits were great, independent type of work, long shifts
Pros
meeting new people every day
Fun & Satisfying place of employment
Special Event Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Burlington, ONJune 14, 2016
the management & staff always made each day great for both the guests and the employees! Most enjoyable part of the job was interacting with the different guests & building relationships with the regulars.
Summer Job
Guest Services Agent (Current Employee) –  Canmore, ABJune 5, 2016
Part-time worker, fun environment. Great staff. Fast paced work environment, consistent hours. Lots of rooms to clean.
If you want advancement or a team that supports you...look elsewhere.
Guest Services Agent (Former Employee) –  London, ONJune 3, 2016
I loved working here for the first little while. Then people started showing their true colours. Management is a mess, and everything with them is personal. They have you sign a "no gossip" clause...but then managers are gossiping about you. You can't trust anybody. The best part of this job is that if you work in the mornings, before breakfast closes, you can get some free breakfast.
it was a fun work place
SUPERVISOR (Former Employee) –  Pembroke, ONMay 31, 2016
i would go in start laundry get carts ready for the day make sure they were fully stocked with cleaners rags, etc...... management was okay they could have listened better to ideas that would help around but over all they were good with solving problems and getting to the bottom of things, my co-workers were a great groups of girls very out going always walked in with a smile one there face always ready to take on the day no matter what was in store for us, hardest part about the job was when hockey season was here longer hours messier rooms and days seems to drag on with how messy the rooms where but we would always push throw and get the job done, what i enjoyed about going to work every day was everyone was so friendly and out going
Pros
we would have staff pot lucks for everyone to talk about how well we where doing
Professional and friendly atmosphere
Guest Services Representative&Certified Trainer (Former Employee) –  Sarnia, ONMay 27, 2016
Very fast paced environment which I thrive on.

I gained amazing amount of knowledge on how to assist guests with all their needs and being able to predict what they are looking for ahead of time.

Guest satisfaction was important and that they emphasize on recognizing employees achievements
Pros
Free meals, monthly celebrations
Cons
no room for growth due to low turnover
new experience, supportive coworkers
Supervisor Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Toronto,onApril 23, 2016
I had a great time working there. All the managers were nice and supportive. Overall it was a great experience, I got to know all the attendants and their stable schedules.
Pros
friendly environment
working with them was fun, really enjoyable
inspection (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ONApril 23, 2016
learn working with different new people, helpful and enjoyable work.
all members are really helpful, manager he is really nice, understandable and friendly.