Holiday Inn

Holiday Inn Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Great team to work with
Front Desk Agent (Current Employee), Milton, ONFebruary 7, 2016
A pretty easy going job, the people are the best part of the job and also can be the most challenging. The hotel could use some renovations and upgrades that would help our job run smoother.
Hard Work
Front Desk Supervisor (Current Employee), London, ONFebruary 5, 2016
Interesting field. Its the same as every other hotel. Check list of items to complete while answering phones and helping guests.
The brand was awesome
Houseman (Former Employee), Ottawa, ONJanuary 22, 2016
Pros: being employed by Holiday Inn
Cons: poor managment
I am honored to work for such a great brand, unfortunately, being disabled at this workplace led to many misunderstandings, and some unnecessary discomfort between me and a few managers, but I never gave up, and sought this job right to the end. I'm thankful for this accomplishment.
fun
House Cleaner (Current Employee), Lloydminster, ABJanuary 16, 2016
good company to work and good people. my co-workers are also filipino and some canadians. the workplace is fun and interesting
Lots to complete, little training
Front Desk Agent (Former Employee), Lethbridge, ABJanuary 11, 2016
Pros: Creating relationships with other employees and managers.
Cons: odd shifts, not very flexible
Overall, the Holiday Inn did not have the correct management in place to be training employees. If one messed up a transaction or email they were criticized by the management openly and in front of others. It became very tight-knit between the employees versus the management of the front desk. The most enjoyable part of the job was being able to learn quickly and keep up to the standards that were in place. I most enjoyed creating a relationship with other managers that were in other areas of the business.
productive and fun place with free lunch
Room Attendant (Current Employee), Kitchener, ONDecember 23, 2015
Pros: Free Lunch
Cons: 9 hours
Performs routine duties in cleaning and servicing of guest rooms and baths under supervision of housekeeping supervisor. Room attendant promotes a positive image of the property to guests and must be pleasant, honest, friendly and should also able to address guest requests and problems....

I Believe in myself that I can do anything, the motivation that I  have can push me into doing a good job, to make people happy and  myself to be proud on my job.
My co-worker is friendly and i am so happy to be with them ,, there is a respect and team work between us ...
the hardest part in my work is when i have all the rooms checkout and everybody is busy no one helping you through that ...
the most enjoyable part is when we are working as a team and we done our work before it is time and our guests arrive happily .
Bad managaent
Banquet Server (Former Employee), Winnipeg, MBDecember 17, 2015
Pros: non
Cons: manager
Fire your banquet manager and everything will be alright he is the incarnation of hitler.Will ask you personl questions just to have a chat with other empolyess about it
Calm and fast paced environment
Housekeeper (Current Employee), Medicine Hat, ABDecember 9, 2015
the work environment was calm and fast paced. the ladies all knew what to do once we got the day started. there was times where it was pretty stressful due the hotel being sold to another company.
Productive and fun workplace
Housekeeper/Laundry/Breakfast/Front Desk (Current Employee), Dryden, ONNovember 27, 2015
I work mornings/evenings and sometimes the grave yard shift- The staff is very friendly- I have upgraded my computer skills while working at holiday inn - down fall of this job is there is no benefits and lots of miscommunication
Good work place
Houseman (Current Employee), Canmore, ABNovember 22, 2015
Fun work place with supportive management but it is low rate.
It is good work place when you start to work at hotel and you have many experience of hotel work? It would be not so good place to work.
great place
Laundry Attendant (Former Employee), Sarnia, ONNovember 19, 2015
I spent 5 years working here
great people
lots to do to keep busy
treat their staff great
holiday Christmas party was always fun.
Housekeeper
Housekeeper (Former Employee), Barrie, ONOctober 22, 2015
I had alot of fun working here, not just because the people at the time were fun, but in a way you get your freedom while cleaning each room.
Some days are crazy (ie. after any holiday) but its still a great place to work.
Awful
Front Desk Agent (Former Employee), Calgary, ABOctober 13, 2015
I would never ever ever work for this individual property again.

The general manager treated her employees like unprofessionally and also treated hotel staff the same way.

The general manager does not keep staff.
great co workers
Building Maintenance Worker (Former Employee), airportOctober 12, 2015
Pros: great work
Cons: unstable work
good place to work a bit out of the way the other employees were great to work with the job is unstable and lay offs are guaranteed the owners really have no idea how great there workers are
Every day was unique and offered new challenges
Catering Manager (Former Employee), North Vancouver BCOctober 7, 2015
Pros: Lots of autonomy with leadership opportunities, personal satisfaction in being responsible for a succesful event.
Cons: No more room to grow and advance
I really enjoyed my position as Catering Manager and looked forward to coming to work each day. There were always new clients with different requirements, such as corporate meetings and weddings and social/holiday events. I enjoyed creating long term working relationships with many clients and receiving kudos for a well organized event.
The one thing I really learned was how to listen and when to offer my advice, while always keeping the budget and sales projections in mind. I learned how to tactfully "upsell" to generate more revenue for the company. I enjoyed being an integral part of a productive team with my co-workers in other hotel departments, as well as leading my own staff on the catering team.
Catering events come with its own unique challenges, and I learned to become very resourceful to overcome these challenges.
I loved every aspect of the job, but I think the hardest challenge would be negotiating with clients who pushed too hard for better deals - even after the event was over! I never lost a client over this challenge however and everyone was happy in the end.
I left the position because an opportunity came up to go back to school to obtain my ECE certificate to work in a daycare with children.
Good work environment
Front Desk representative (Former Employee), leducOctober 5, 2015
A very nice to place to work at with exceptional management that makes the work place feel comfortable and safe. It provided me with great knowledge about customer service that I will carry on for the rest of my life.
great place
Housekeeper (Former Employee), Victoria, BCOctober 3, 2015
Pros: Amazing staff
Cons: Not enough staff
Amazing work place. Great staff. Amazing management, High paced work force, Enjoyed the fast pace. Cleaning and efficiant. All around happy and great energy place to work.
Great!!
Housekeeping Supervisor (Current Employee), montreal qcOctober 1, 2015
Pros: you dont have the time to look at the time
Cons: having dirty rooms left over
I decided to enter the housekeeping supervisor position for my stage to complete my diploma seeing that i am able to experience something different. It was a great experience for me because i had the chance to meet interesting people around the world and builed a great team. I like the fact that i was able to manage a team with different departments such as the maintenance to make sure our rooms were up to par, the receptionist so are customers are happy with their stay. Making sure my ladies have their equipments to work with and helping them at all times because 14 rooms a day is enough. Yes! of course Inspecting the rooms and making sure the rooms are well clean, the apparence is well apon arrival.
The best of all i like to see that in the end we work hard as a team when there is no dirty rooms left.
Never working here again
Housekeeping (Former Employee), Alliance OHSeptember 25, 2015
I will not work at a holiday inn again. I was on housekeeping and we were treated like trash. The manager pretty much tried to control our lives.
A good place to work and be able to have a life at home as well
PRODUCT DEVELOPMENT - Backpack Division (Former Employee), Montreal/QuebecSeptember 21, 2015
Pros: close to home
Cons: no place to grow
Holiday is a great company to work. A great atmosphere with very little stress. Very young staff and managers so it was easy to evolve and introduce new technology and different ideas.
Headquarters