Holiday Inn Employee Reviews

not a great workplace
Front Desk Agent (Former Employee) –  Brockville, ON29 November 2016
this was not a great workplace to work in, management almost was never there to help and always left you by yourself with little to no training on the subject. its really hard to get ahead and have a good day a work in this place.
Pros
meeting new people
Cons
management was never there
not too fun
Bartender/Server (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB23 November 2016
very gossipy place to work if you dont fit in you are talked about. The chefs are control freaks. Managers are unfair. You cant have cool hair. No faddish hairstyles are you in the 50's
Pros
1/2 price meals
Cons
breaks are few
Fun Place to work & friendly staff/coworkers.
Housekeeper/Room Attendant (Former Employee) –  Sudbury, ON22 November 2016
Enjoyed working for this employer.
Hours are reasonable & fit my lifestyle while employed. Management & coworkers were friendly.
Pros
Free lunch, work schedules are flexible.
Cons
6month probation, no benefits or incentives.
dramatic and very unfair work place
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Leduc, AB29 October 2016
consistently over hire staff and make it very hard for the employees who have been there a while . their scheduling is an absolute mess they never have enough girls when needed but always seem to have way too many girls when they dont need them . ending most of the girls in 3.5 to 5 hour a day shifts which honestly does not add up very well on pay day . not to mention they have you sign a "no gossiping " policy but its entirely voided by even the head staff i witnessed the supervisors on multiple occasions say things about other staff to other staff. so over all this place is by far the worst place to work they do alot of two facing but they treat you like garbage make you work your butt off with no benefits or nothing .
Pros
the other girls we awesome to work with
Cons
no benefits horrible pay gossiping policy
pretty horrible avoid this place nothing is better than this
HouseKeeping/Breakfast Bar (Current Employee) –  Kelowna, BC27 October 2016
You come in work hard and seem to never do enough.
Always micro managed.
cut your hours horribly and do the schedule without using their brains so you have even less help throughout the day.
never order the right amount of what you need
General Manager talks to you like your stupid
your opinions dont matter at all they just kinda do what they want and ignore logic all day
Pros
i dont think there is a single pro to this job
Cons
everything dont work here trust me its horrible
Needs Improvement
Banquet Server (Current Employee) –  Sarnia, ON26 October 2016
Co-workers are very hard and kind workers but the management is lacking in that aspect. Management is slow and unorganized leaving staff to improvise to make the best out of situations.Working is fun and enjoyable as you get to connect with new people but it is stressful when you are put in a position that disappoints the guests. The hours are not consistent or guaranteed so you can end up with weeks where you work everyday or weeks where you do not work at all.
Pros
Staff meal after working 5 hours
Cons
not being told when shifts end, not having gaurenteed shifts per week
Safe work place with great support to job seekers
House Keeping (Current Employee) –  Niagara Falls, ON25 October 2016
I thought house keeping job as a burden when i joined in this company. when I completed my complete training period I felt it as a normal job. Again I couldn't adjust with my allocations. When I made my mind to face all difficulties, I found this job as interesting. I learned that do not think any job is difficult before you try to do by our self.
Pros
Good Payment
Cons
Less Lunch Time
Friendly environment
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Canmore, AB21 October 2016
- half hour drive to work
- learned to communicate with others professionally
- supervisors were very demanding
- co-workers weren't as friendly
- difficult meeting the managers expectations
- enjoyed receiving tips
Pros
Discounts on rooms
Quiet but fasted pased
Desk Clerk (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB21 October 2016
The hotel was always quiet but yet very busy. Even if it was something as booking rooms you were always on the go. made the day go by faster
Pros
Early starting days
Cons
never had time for breaks
Wasn't a fan
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Kamloops, BC20 October 2016
I wasn't a very big fan of working at the Holiday Inn, the supervisor liked to single out people and pick on them, long hours, the pay was good but not sure about the benefits
Pros
Good workout
Cons
Long hours, bad for your body
Stand all day
Front Desk Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB15 October 2016
I like working for Holiday Inn Express but I am not allowed to sit at all.I work 7-3 with no break at all.We are not allowed to sit.We have already had a front desk clerk go on WCB because we can not sit at all.I understand standing when a guest comes in but should be able to sit on downtime.
quiet time
Night Auditor (Former Employee) –  Medicine Hat, AB5 October 2016
I worked night shift balancing the books, checking people in as well as ensuring the customers were happyy w. dealt with most customers and helped them find what they were looking for whilr still applyinh principles ad morals
Pros
free pool Swimming
Cons
night shift
Fun place
Front desk agent (Current Employee) –  Nisku, AB4 October 2016
Love the establishment. The co-workers are the main reason to be there. Most of the guests are a real gift. Easy going place. A lot of fun characters to meet. No actual benefits.
Staff were great
Front Desk Agent (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB28 September 2016
Great staff, flexible hours, management were understanding . Meeting new people and talking to guests were the best part of the job. Helping people resolve booking issues made me feel accomplished
Learned how to and be part of the comunity in Hotels and Banquets
Food & Beverage Supervisor / Banquet Captain (Former Employee) –  Stephenville, NL19 September 2016
Learned alot and once I got familiar and proper in doing what needed to be done. Enjoyed all that I needed to do. Helping find rooms for those who needed to stay and help the kitchen and pub with items. Helping being part of the Banquets
Productive workplace
House Keeper (Current Employee) –  Surrey, BC12 September 2016
Its a good place to work but iam always open too growth and opportunities. Management and co workers are very helpful and cooperative. i learned a lot during this job
Pros
free lunches
Cons
very productive and I enjoyed my responsibilities.
Housekeeping supervisor (Former Employee) –  Saskatoon, SK6 September 2016
I thoroughly enjoyed this workplace, right until the end. I was able to maintain my full responsibilities with ease. I felt a great sense of pride in maintaining my work load and keeping guests happy and enjoying their experience within the hotel.
Pros
staff parties
Cons
drama within the team
productive and fun work
Room Attendant (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QC31 August 2016
a nice work place to be with. the management is so nice and there is equality in every employee. the boss are leaders that helps their subordinates. two thumbs up for the supervisors and managers.
Fun & Satisfying place of employment
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB30 August 2016
I enjoyed working at Holiday Inn. The management was great and the working atmosphere was incredible. I would recommend this hotel to anyone. Very interactive work place, mostly friendly staff, benefits were great, independent type of work, long shifts. The management & staff always made each day great for both the guests and the employees! Most enjoyable part of the job was interacting with the different guests & building relationships with the regulars.
Pros
meeting new people everyday
Cons
night shifts
Fast paced enviroment
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Charlottetown, PE29 August 2016
Often work load is heavy. Hard to keep employees. Staff is nice. Often receive tips. Management often very understanding. Very friendly costumers