Holiday Inn Employee Reviews

dramatic and very unfair work place
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Leduc, AB29 October 2016
consistently over hire staff and make it very hard for the employees who have been there a while . their scheduling is an absolute mess they never have enough girls when needed but always seem to have way too many girls when they dont need them . ending most of the girls in 3.5 to 5 hour a day shifts which honestly does not add up very well on pay day . not to mention they have you sign a "no gossiping " policy but its entirely voided by even the head staff i witnessed the supervisors on multiple occasions say things about other staff to other staff. so over all this place is by far the worst place to work they do alot of two facing but they treat you like garbage make you work your butt off with no benefits or nothing .
Pros
the other girls we awesome to work with
Cons
no benefits horrible pay gossiping policy
Fun & Satisfying place of employment
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB30 August 2016
I enjoyed working at Holiday Inn. The management was great and the working atmosphere was incredible. I would recommend this hotel to anyone. Very interactive work place, mostly friendly staff, benefits were great, independent type of work, long shifts. The management & staff always made each day great for both the guests and the employees! Most enjoyable part of the job was interacting with the different guests & building relationships with the regulars.
Pros
meeting new people everyday
Cons
night shifts
Fun Place to work & friendly staff/coworkers.
Housekeeper/Room Attendant (Former Employee) –  Sudbury, ON22 November 2016
Enjoyed working for this employer.
Hours are reasonable & fit my lifestyle while employed. Management & coworkers were friendly.
Pros
Free lunch, work schedules are flexible.
Cons
6month probation, no benefits or incentives.
Wasn't a fan
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Kamloops, BC20 October 2016
I wasn't a very big fan of working at the Holiday Inn, the supervisor liked to single out people and pick on them, long hours, the pay was good but not sure about the benefits
Pros
Good workout
Cons
Long hours, bad for your body
no hope for future
Shuttle Driver /Bellman (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB22 July 2016
This job has no advancement in the near future, if ever, and also we will not receive any raises unless minimum wage increases, as well as management seems to not be acting fair when gratuities are given,
Pros
close to home
Cons
Income potential with this job
Fun place
Front desk agent (Current Employee) –  Nisku, AB4 October 2016
Love the establishment. The co-workers are the main reason to be there. Most of the guests are a real gift. Easy going place. A lot of fun characters to meet. No actual benefits.
Worst company i have ever worked for. The Company does not respect the employee contracts, and the union only cares for the union. You're on your own.
Bartender (Former Employee) –  Halifax, NS18 August 2016
Not a Company to grow with. I started with the Company in 2011, with a signed contract for a full time Bartender position. Over the four years of employment the union and Management used loopholes to take my full time shifts and give them to under qualified persons, while leaving me with one or two breakfast serving shifts, by the end the Union told me to get another job...so I did. The company told me if I did not work the breakfast shifts I would be fired. Having another bartender job, breakfast was impossible for me to do, so they let me go and said that I quit. WORST COMPANY AND MANAGEMENT EVER!
Front Desk Agent
Front Desk Agent (Former Employee) –  Medicine Hat, AB15 June 2016
Pros
meeting new people every day
pretty horrible avoid this place nothing is better than this
HouseKeeping/Breakfast Bar (Current Employee) –  Kelowna, BC27 October 2016
You come in work hard and seem to never do enough.
Always micro managed.
cut your hours horribly and do the schedule without using their brains so you have even less help throughout the day.
never order the right amount of what you need
General Manager talks to you like your stupid
your opinions dont matter at all they just kinda do what they want and ignore logic all day
Pros
i dont think there is a single pro to this job
Cons
everything dont work here trust me its horrible
Needs Improvement
Banquet Server (Current Employee) –  Sarnia, ON26 October 2016
Co-workers are very hard and kind workers but the management is lacking in that aspect. Management is slow and unorganized leaving staff to improvise to make the best out of situations.Working is fun and enjoyable as you get to connect with new people but it is stressful when you are put in a position that disappoints the guests. The hours are not consistent or guaranteed so you can end up with weeks where you work everyday or weeks where you do not work at all.
Pros
Staff meal after working 5 hours
Cons
not being told when shifts end, not having gaurenteed shifts per week
Productive workplace
House Keeper (Current Employee) –  Surrey, BC12 September 2016
Its a good place to work but iam always open too growth and opportunities. Management and co workers are very helpful and cooperative. i learned a lot during this job
Pros
free lunches
Cons
Enjoyed working with the public
Housekeeping Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Regina, SK25 June 2016
A typical day at work consisted of doing a low stock merchandise count using PDT System, rotating merchandise on shelves, restocking merchandise, organizing displays for in-store promotions.

I learned how to order merchandise for the store when the manager was on conference calls. The hardest part of the job was trying to get to the stock to be put out on the floor from the back, was disorganized and made it difficult to perform my job properly.

The most enjoyable part of the job was working with the public and assisting them when needed.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Disorganized store
it was a fun work place
SUPERVISOR (Former Employee) –  Pembroke, ON31 May 2016
i would go in start laundry get carts ready for the day make sure they were fully stocked with cleaners rags, etc...... management was okay they could have listened better to ideas that would help around but over all they were good with solving problems and getting to the bottom of things, my co-workers were a great groups of girls very out going always walked in with a smile one there face always ready to take on the day no matter what was in store for us, hardest part about the job was when hockey season was here longer hours messier rooms and days seems to drag on with how messy the rooms where but we would always push throw and get the job done, what i enjoyed about going to work every day was everyone was so friendly and out going
Pros
we would have staff pot lucks for everyone to talk about how well we where doing
Not a good management
Visitor Services Attendant (Current Employee) –  Swift Current5 February 2016
This is job is only for New Comers. Benefits are not satisfactory . If good management team re-established, I am OK. Time bound and co-workers are all doing 2 jobs.
Good
Cons
No fixed Income
Unprofessional Unenjoyable Place to work
Room Attendant (Current Employee) –  Dartmouth, NS2 August 2016
A typical day at work, was being nagged about everything possible, and constantly being told I wasn't doing things properly after not getting the training I needed.
The co-workers were amazing to work with, kind of gossipy, but thats expected at every job. It was the management team that was unprofessional and unfair to ALL workers.
Hardest part of the job was all of it because it was a stressful place to work.
Pros
Good tips
Productive workdays with co staff
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Lethbridge, AB26 August 2016
Everyday was different, I enjoyed working with the people who were involved in my workplace area. Everyone worked well as a team, there were some days where it was longer and harder than others, but always made it through. It was fun getting to know different people.
Pros
Discounts
not a great workplace
Front Desk Agent (Former Employee) –  Brockville, ON29 November 2016
this was not a great workplace to work in, management almost was never there to help and always left you by yourself with little to no training on the subject. its really hard to get ahead and have a good day a work in this place.
Pros
meeting new people
Cons
management was never there
Safe work place with great support to job seekers
House Keeping (Current Employee) –  Niagara Falls, ON25 October 2016
I thought house keeping job as a burden when i joined in this company. when I completed my complete training period I felt it as a normal job. Again I couldn't adjust with my allocations. When I made my mind to face all difficulties, I found this job as interesting. I learned that do not think any job is difficult before you try to do by our self.
Pros
Good Payment
Cons
Less Lunch Time
great staff, we have a swimming pool and a weight room/ excersize room
Technician (Current Employee) –  Richmond Hill, ON27 July 2016
great place to work I just wish I could get more hours. I really do love this job but I do not see a future here. I need room for advancement and more hours!
Pros
free breakfast
Cons
no room for advancement
Day in the life of a Guest Service Agent
Front Desk Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Kingston, ON11 April 2016
AM- Check-outs, settle the bill, make sure there are no restaurant charges left behind. Take phone reservations, prepare the rest of the day for the PM shift for check-ins.

The hardest part of the job is when you don't have a good manager, that doesn't lead by example of how things can run smoothly and fair.

I love working with the public, so the hospitality industry has definitely given me that opportunity. It has opened my eyes to all the different personalities out there and how easily people get flustered, and taught me how to turn a terrible experience for a guest into a great one when they leave, but just listening to them vent and try your best to assist them.
Pros
Guest services