Holiday Inn Employee Reviews

Needs Improvement
Banquet Server (Current Employee) –  Sarnia, ON26 October 2016
Co-workers are very hard and kind workers but the management is lacking in that aspect. Management is slow and unorganized leaving staff to improvise to make the best out of situations.Working is fun and enjoyable as you get to connect with new people but it is stressful when you are put in a position that disappoints the guests. The hours are not consistent or guaranteed so you can end up with weeks where you work everyday or weeks where you do not work at all.
Pros
Staff meal after working 5 hours
Cons
not being told when shifts end, not having gaurenteed shifts per week
pretty horrible avoid this place nothing is better than this
HouseKeeping/Breakfast Bar (Current Employee) –  Kelowna, BC27 October 2016
You come in work hard and seem to never do enough.
Always micro managed.
cut your hours horribly and do the schedule without using their brains so you have even less help throughout the day.
never order the right amount of what you need
General Manager talks to you like your stupid
your opinions dont matter at all they just kinda do what they want and ignore logic all day
Pros
i dont think there is a single pro to this job
Cons
everything dont work here trust me its horrible
Safe work place with great support to job seekers
House Keeping (Current Employee) –  Niagara Falls, ON25 October 2016
I thought house keeping job as a burden when i joined in this company. when I completed my complete training period I felt it as a normal job. Again I couldn't adjust with my allocations. When I made my mind to face all difficulties, I found this job as interesting. I learned that do not think any job is difficult before you try to do by our self.
Pros
Good Payment
Cons
Less Lunch Time
dramatic and very unfair work place
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Leduc, AB29 October 2016
consistently over hire staff and make it very hard for the employees who have been there a while . their scheduling is an absolute mess they never have enough girls when needed but always seem to have way too many girls when they dont need them . ending most of the girls in 3.5 to 5 hour a day shifts which honestly does not add up very well on pay day . not to mention they have you sign a "no gossiping " policy but its entirely voided by even the head staff i witnessed the supervisors on multiple occasions say things about other staff to other staff. so over all this place is by far the worst place to work they do alot of two facing but they treat you like garbage make you work your butt off with no benefits or nothing .
Pros
the other girls we awesome to work with
Cons
no benefits horrible pay gossiping policy
Fun & Satisfying place of employment
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB30 August 2016
I enjoyed working at Holiday Inn. The management was great and the working atmosphere was incredible. I would recommend this hotel to anyone. Very interactive work place, mostly friendly staff, benefits were great, independent type of work, long shifts. The management & staff always made each day great for both the guests and the employees! Most enjoyable part of the job was interacting with the different guests & building relationships with the regulars.
Pros
meeting new people everyday
Cons
night shifts
Worst company i have ever worked for. The Company does not respect the employee contracts, and the union only cares for the union. You're on your own.
Bartender (Former Employee) –  Halifax, NS18 August 2016
Not a Company to grow with. I started with the Company in 2011, with a signed contract for a full time Bartender position. Over the four years of employment the union and Management used loopholes to take my full time shifts and give them to under qualified persons, while leaving me with one or two breakfast serving shifts, by the end the Union told me to get another job...so I did. The company told me if I did not work the breakfast shifts I would be fired. Having another bartender job, breakfast was impossible for me to do, so they let me go and said that I quit. WORST COMPANY AND MANAGEMENT EVER!
Unprofessional Unenjoyable Place to work
Room Attendant (Current Employee) –  Dartmouth, NS2 August 2016
A typical day at work, was being nagged about everything possible, and constantly being told I wasn't doing things properly after not getting the training I needed.
The co-workers were amazing to work with, kind of gossipy, but thats expected at every job. It was the management team that was unprofessional and unfair to ALL workers.
Hardest part of the job was all of it because it was a stressful place to work.
Pros
Good tips
very productive and I enjoyed my responsibilities.
Housekeeping supervisor (Former Employee) –  Saskatoon, SK6 September 2016
I thoroughly enjoyed this workplace, right until the end. I was able to maintain my full responsibilities with ease. I felt a great sense of pride in maintaining my work load and keeping guests happy and enjoying their experience within the hotel.
Pros
staff parties
Cons
drama within the team
Learned how to and be part of the comunity in Hotels and Banquets
Food & Beverage Supervisor / Banquet Captain (Former Employee) –  Stephenville, NL19 September 2016
Learned alot and once I got familiar and proper in doing what needed to be done. Enjoyed all that I needed to do. Helping find rooms for those who needed to stay and help the kitchen and pub with items. Helping being part of the Banquets
Stand all day
Front Desk Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB15 October 2016
I like working for Holiday Inn Express but I am not allowed to sit at all.I work 7-3 with no break at all.We are not allowed to sit.We have already had a front desk clerk go on WCB because we can not sit at all.I understand standing when a guest comes in but should be able to sit on downtime.
Enjoyed working with the public
Housekeeping Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Regina, SK25 June 2016
A typical day at work consisted of doing a low stock merchandise count using PDT System, rotating merchandise on shelves, restocking merchandise, organizing displays for in-store promotions.

I learned how to order merchandise for the store when the manager was on conference calls. The hardest part of the job was trying to get to the stock to be put out on the floor from the back, was disorganized and made it difficult to perform my job properly.

The most enjoyable part of the job was working with the public and assisting them when needed.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Disorganized store
not a great workplace
Front Desk Agent (Former Employee) –  Brockville, ON29 November 2016
this was not a great workplace to work in, management almost was never there to help and always left you by yourself with little to no training on the subject. its really hard to get ahead and have a good day a work in this place.
Pros
meeting new people
Cons
management was never there
My Work place
Maintenance Manager (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB22 June 2016
Everyday i start my work by checking the internal and external of the building, checking the electrical, boiler room and pool water chemistry and then proceed to my usual daily work order schedule after finishing the work request i go for my daily preventative maintenance.

Everyday has a different task and problems so i learned a lot specially the maintaining the pool and the boiler.

Co-workers, we have a camaraderie because i maintain a good communication.

Hardest part of the job, none

Enjoyable part of the job is my co-workers.
Productive workdays with co staff
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Lethbridge, AB26 August 2016
Everyday was different, I enjoyed working with the people who were involved in my workplace area. Everyone worked well as a team, there were some days where it was longer and harder than others, but always made it through. It was fun getting to know different people.
Pros
Discounts
Good company
Housekeeping (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB13 August 2016
it is just an ordinary day to work in the morning, I learned to do my tasks in a minimum supervision. My co-workers are indeed supportive for each other.The hardest part of my job is when there is no stuff to provide but one thing I enjoy is when I receive a tip from the guests.
Pros
Friendly people
Cons
short hours
Fun Place to work & friendly staff/coworkers.
Housekeeper/Room Attendant (Former Employee) –  Sudbury, ON22 November 2016
Enjoyed working for this employer.
Hours are reasonable & fit my lifestyle while employed. Management & coworkers were friendly.
Pros
Free lunch, work schedules are flexible.
Cons
6month probation, no benefits or incentives.
quiet time
Night Auditor (Former Employee) –  Medicine Hat, AB5 October 2016
I worked night shift balancing the books, checking people in as well as ensuring the customers were happyy w. dealt with most customers and helped them find what they were looking for whilr still applyinh principles ad morals
Pros
free pool Swimming
Cons
night shift
If you want advancement or a team that supports you...look elsewhere.
Guest Services Agent (Former Employee) –  London, ON3 June 2016
I loved working here for the first little while. Then people started showing their true colours. Management is a mess, and everything with them is personal. They have you sign a "no gossip" clause...but then managers are gossiping about you. You can't trust anybody. The best part of this job is that if you work in the mornings, before breakfast closes, you can get some free breakfast.
Professional and friendly atmosphere
Guest Services Representative&Certified Trainer (Former Employee) –  Sarnia, ON27 May 2016
Very fast paced environment which I thrive on.

I gained amazing amount of knowledge on how to assist guests with all their needs and being able to predict what they are looking for ahead of time.

Guest satisfaction was important and that they emphasize on recognizing employees achievements
Pros
Free meals, monthly celebrations
Cons
no room for growth due to low turnover
Friendly environment
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Canmore, AB21 October 2016
- half hour drive to work
- learned to communicate with others professionally
- supervisors were very demanding
- co-workers weren't as friendly
- difficult meeting the managers expectations
- enjoyed receiving tips
Pros
Discounts on rooms