Holiday Inn Employee Reviews

Fun and knowledgable experience
Maintenance Manager (Former Employee) –  Calgary, Canada23 January 2017
Workplace and culture was great. We treat each other as a family. The hardest part was, because I am the only person as maintenance, I have to do it all as much as possible as I can. I sometimes work even during my rest day specially those times of Snow and it's cold and the heater is not working and or other stuff that needs fixing.

I enjoyed most of my working experience with Holiday Inn Suites. I was able to manage not just my time and expertise but I was able to work with other nationality and climate.

I learned and passed Pool and Spa operator, I also had a certificate as preventive maintenance and it's all because the company allowed and make sure that we maintain standards in the hotel.
Pros
Free breakfast
Cons
weather- when snowing...so cold
Very Informative and great Job to experience!
Front Desk Agent (Former Employee) –  Canmore, AB16 February 2017
Great stepping stone within career path. I didn't enjoy as much as other jobs however I learned many different attributes in regards to working life. Customer Service, courteous awareness, computer skills, and much more! I learned so much in so little time its unbelievable, I would recommend to anybody anyday!
Pros
Very Informative, Life long lessons!
Cons
Sometimes very slow!
Good Quality Hotel, nice place to work
Executive Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Sherwood Park, AB5 March 2017
Try to fulfil all my responsibilities and enjoy my self doing. guest experience relation while I was working in Holiday inn, having a high quality score during the inspection, always passing in Alberta hotel association award, every year while i was working there, manage a staff every single day of working.
Pros
Passing inspection
Cons
long hard work
Great place, tough hours
Housekeeping Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Belleville, ON15 March 2017
The workplace is lovely, awesome staff and good management. Many perks, including a dinner cruise and annual golf retreat. Hours are rough, there can either be minimal or a sudden onslaught. Summer is especially rough, weekends are near impossible to book off.
Pros
amazing retreats, great people, solid weekend work
Cons
short hours, can't take weekends off
fun, enjoyable workplace
Housekeeping supervisor (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON1 December 2016
* During my typical workday, I am responsible for housekeeping department my teams as they progress on various cleaning room. I check in and help them with any issues they may be having such as doing assignment or securing rights to the room cleaning. I keep in touch with the guest , update them on our progress and make sure they are satisfied with the room standards

* good supervisor and be a part of the manager team

* my co-workers are easy going

* the hardest part of the job when I deal with the difficulty guest

* when I'm helping the guest and housekeeper .
Pros
free breakfast
Cons
long hours at work
Amazing place with great people
Server/Bartender (Former Employee) –  Oakville, ON14 March 2017
I enjoy working at the Holiday Inn, I anticipate work each day as I am able to meet new people and be myself. I continue to push myself as I learn new activities each day, not only is the management amazing but my coworkers as well. I hope to keep this job in the long run.
Pros
Free breakfast
Cons
Not enough hours
pretty horrible avoid this place nothing is better than this
HouseKeeping/Breakfast Bar (Current Employee) –  Kelowna, BC27 October 2016
You come in work hard and seem to never do enough.
Always micro managed.
cut your hours horribly and do the schedule without using their brains so you have even less help throughout the day.
never order the right amount of what you need
General Manager talks to you like your stupid
your opinions dont matter at all they just kinda do what they want and ignore logic all day
Pros
i dont think there is a single pro to this job
Cons
everything dont work here trust me its horrible
Needs Improvement
Banquet Server (Current Employee) –  Sarnia, ON26 October 2016
Co-workers are very hard and kind workers but the management is lacking in that aspect. Management is slow and unorganized leaving staff to improvise to make the best out of situations.Working is fun and enjoyable as you get to connect with new people but it is stressful when you are put in a position that disappoints the guests. The hours are not consistent or guaranteed so you can end up with weeks where you work everyday or weeks where you do not work at all.
Pros
Staff meal after working 5 hours
Cons
not being told when shifts end, not having gaurenteed shifts per week
Safe work place with great support to job seekers
House Keeping (Current Employee) –  Niagara Falls, ON25 October 2016
I thought house keeping job as a burden when i joined in this company. when I completed my complete training period I felt it as a normal job. Again I couldn't adjust with my allocations. When I made my mind to face all difficulties, I found this job as interesting. I learned that do not think any job is difficult before you try to do by our self.
Pros
Good Payment
Cons
Less Lunch Time
dramatic and very unfair work place
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Leduc, AB29 October 2016
consistently over hire staff and make it very hard for the employees who have been there a while . their scheduling is an absolute mess they never have enough girls when needed but always seem to have way too many girls when they dont need them . ending most of the girls in 3.5 to 5 hour a day shifts which honestly does not add up very well on pay day . not to mention they have you sign a "no gossiping " policy but its entirely voided by even the head staff i witnessed the supervisors on multiple occasions say things about other staff to other staff. so over all this place is by far the worst place to work they do alot of two facing but they treat you like garbage make you work your butt off with no benefits or nothing .
Pros
the other girls we awesome to work with
Cons
no benefits horrible pay gossiping policy
Excellent company with great staff
Bartender/Waiter (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB25 February 2017
Steady work pace with great customers that appreciate everything you do for them.
I learned how to deal with tough situations and handle the Bar with no supervision
Excellent management very welcoming and carrying.
Pros
Great management
Cons
Short hours
Productive And Always updated in training
Front Desk Agent (Current Employee) –  Saskatoon, SK10 January 2017
Every evening shift at work is a new day for me looking forward to work .. Ive learned how to be a good customer, the management are very supportive to us as well as my co -workers we really get along
Pros
Free hotel food
Cons
Guest sometimes very unpleasant to deal with
Dynamic hard working hotel in Downtown
Guest Service Agent (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB20 March 2017
So many opportunites to learn many aspects of hotel operations and management in this busy downtown hotel with conference space.
They maximize their employees. Only hard workers will be found there.
Pros
Wonderful Guests
Cons
Scheduling
Checking room doing schedule irdering
Assistant excecutive housekeeping (Current Employee) –  River port Richmond26 January 2017
Doing schedule ordering ,every morning doing papers works for the girls ,scheduling ,sometimes helping all the girls to clean the rooms ,checking the rooms before the new guest coming
Pros
Free phone for me
Cons
8 to 10 hours
Worked there 5 years ago when establishment was under different management
Front Desk Agent (Former Employee) –  Saint-Jean-sur-Richelieu, QC5 November 2016
Had great experience working for this hotel!
Such an enriching experience!
Staff and customers were amazing! Only downfall was management. I will refrain all other comments.
But I would anyday, return there with a new management staff.
Pros
Job environnment
Cons
Low income
Not the best employer
Front Desk Agent (Former Employee) –  North Bay, ON15 February 2017
I wouldn't suggest anyone apply here unless they enjoy being demoralized and constantly scrutinized for minor things. Management has half a clue of what they need to be doing on a daily basis.
Pros
Unionized
Cons
Management, Hours, Scheduling, Atmosphere
Negative workplace with much to be desired
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Courtenay, BC22 February 2017
Negative workplace with much to be desired. Not recommended as a place to work. The pay was tiny and the hours were non existent. Nice building but management is based on the manager giving hours to her own family.
Pros
Cons
All bad
Line Cook (Current Employee) –  Windsor, ON12 January 2017
opportunity to be creative in regards to specials, management works with you and listens and makes you part of the process work as team it can get slow so sometimes you have to go looking for something to do.
Pros
they value you as employee
Cons
it can be slow at times
Good Place to Work
Revenue Manager / Operations Manager (Current Employee) –  North York, ON2 March 2017
Good Place to Work. Lot of things to learn everyday. Meet and Greet different people everyday. Resolves different types of guest issues daily. Most challenging part was to sometimes deal with the unionized Staff.
not a great workplace
Front Desk Agent (Former Employee) –  Brockville, ON29 November 2016
this was not a great workplace to work in, management almost was never there to help and always left you by yourself with little to no training on the subject. its really hard to get ahead and have a good day a work in this place.
Pros
meeting new people
Cons
management was never there