Holiday Inn

Holiday Inn Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
AFTER WORK STAY AT HOME
PIANIST/SINGER/GUITARIST (Current Employee), MAIKHAO BEACHApril 11, 2014
Pros: free meals, and room
Cons: 4 hours work everyday, 6days a week
HOLIDAY INN IS A GOOD AND NICE HOTEL, THE MANAGEMENT AND STAFF THEY ARE OK.
maintained room properly.
House Keeping (Former Employee), branford hamiltonApril 11, 2014
i was looking after room,when room guest left. maintained room properly and change bed cover,clean properle care house guest and satisfaction is our goal.
No Stability
Housekeeper and Banquet Server (Current Employee), Guelph, ONApril 3, 2014
My typical day at work as a house keeper looks like this:
-receive room list from boss
-gather supplies
- set up my housekeeping cart (gather more supplies)
-check my list to see what rooms I can start cleaning ( when people have left)
-start room ( empty dirty laundry and garbage, restock supplies, dust bedroom and living area, clean wash room and – more... vaccume
-take out garbage and recycling at the end of the day or when it fills up
- throw dirty linens down the shoot periodically or at break times

Working at the Holiday Inn Hotel as a maid has taught me to be a more tidy person and how to be organized it has also trained me better to think about what it would be like to be in someone else`s shoes.

I feel that the management in my main department needs a bit of improving their communication skills and a better understanding and a shown appreciation for it`s employees.

My co- workers are nice ladies and I generally have a good time working with them. They are from all backgrounds and the diversity makes it that much more interesting.

The hardest two things about my job is being in a room cleaning by myself. I feel that I am more of a social person, so being behind the scenes in a customer based company is a struggle to find the enjoyment. I also don`t have any hours stability or guarantee. The shifts will usually not be full 8 hour shifts, A look back at my schedule for example: last week I relieved 5 shifts and one was cancelled the day before and the week before that I had one 5 hour shift. This makes my life frustrating and hard to plan how to spend finances and save for college to better my education.

The two most enjoyable parts about working at the holiday inn as a maid is 1. even though there is a small tax, There is meals provided at most of the break times. It`s usually left overs from events but the chefs are really good at their jobs and its always tasty and 2. I get to watch television when it is not as busy, as I am cleaning my rooms. – less
Hotel Industry
Internal Auditor & Cost Controller (Former Employee), Multan, PPBApril 1, 2014
this is 4star Hotel, the hardest part of the job, co-workers
Day to Day
Guest Service Agent (Current Employee), OttawaMarch 12, 2014
Pros: cheap hotel rooms
Cons: language barrier
Dealing in a fast paced environment
Check in/outs
Answering Phone
Making guests stays memorable
Loved my job
Bartender (Former Employee), Grande Prairie, ABMarch 12, 2014
Pros: ecellent staff and hours
Cons: night time job
This job was awesome, I enjoyed my time at the holiday inn and suites. I just needed a change of of pace and bartending was just not working out for me any more.
love working at the holiday inn
cook/trainer (Current Employee), Montréal, QCMarch 12, 2014
Pros: long hours that pass by really fast
fast pace
i learned to be fast
best chef and sous chef i worked with
Fun and enjoyable
House Keeper (Former Employee), Kelowna, BCMarch 6, 2014
cleaning rooms when guest where out in the morning or had checked out of room.
how to make beds and what the rooms should look like and how to fold towels
the management would step in and help out when needed and my co-works where fun to work with and we would help each other out too when the rooms where a big mess.
the fun envierment
Excellent place of work
Guest Services Representative (Former Employee), Vancouver, BCMarch 4, 2014
I really enjoyed working with the staff at Holiday Inn. The staff were great and I really enjoyed working in each department that I was required to work in. It was a great team with lots of challenges but we always worked together to make sure the job was done and came out on top.
Good company to work for
Customer Service Manager (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAFebruary 17, 2014
Pros: discount on room
Company is very good with employers and listend to them,very flexible company,open minded
my dutys
Assistant Manager-Housekeeper (Former Employee), Dawson Creek, B.C Also Slave Lake, AltaFebruary 13, 2014
Pros: lunches would be nice
Cons: dont mind the long hours
did the ordering for the supplies, checked the work schedule. helped the head housekeeper filled in when she was there, I checked rooms after the girls were finished, helped with fixing stuff in rooms or pool, I have great costumer service, I enjoyed working with others.
You work really hard, then stand around a long time.
Works Banquet Porter/Server/Bartender (Current Employee), Winnipeg, MBFebruary 11, 2014
Pros: free soda/coffee half priced meals
Cons: way too random shifts, too many bosses, not enough direction.
You punch in, get minimal instruction, then do what you were told, then leave. This job is an excellent source for customer service experience. Other than that it is basic labour, with not much to it. The other employees are mostly helpful and quite nice.
productive place
House Keeper (Former Employee), Winnipeg, MBFebruary 5, 2014
Pros: lunchs
Cons: more girls to work
the typical day at work would be set up your cart with what you need for that day
the norm for every hotel for housekeeping sometimes there is not enough girls working or to much girls
not long enough for cleaning rooms
transportation for pple working
even the girls work late no ride home
productive environment
Waiter (Former Employee), Montego Bay , St.James , Montego BayFebruary 3, 2014
Smooth flowing
i learnt alot in the field in serving
Management was great
My co-workers were easy to work with
Holiday Inn
Banquet Server (Current Employee), Toronto, ONJanuary 29, 2014
Pros: low rates worldwide, access to gym and pool areas, .
Cons: not enough consist hours, busy or no work
Setting up different venues can take from eight to twelve hours.You have to have a well run team to accomplish this work to have things provided on time, they provide efficient work materials, which is remarkable because the amount of events taking place at one time. In turn you have to be flexible to go from one to the other when needed.
The managers – more... are very approachable and adds fun into your day. The best part of this is feeling good about your ability to making a beautiful venue for a client. I get to work in a amazing view of the Pearson International Airport. – less
Very organized work environment
Night Auditor (Former Employee), Lethbridge, AlbertaJanuary 29, 2014
Pros: lots of good training, lots of food and snacks that were left from the day staff
Cons: it was a night job, i can not do night jobs, often fell asleep when we got everything done.
It depends if you are front auditor or back auditor. If you are the back auditor for that night, you need to review the cash-outs, make sure it all added up, figure out why it doesn't add up if it doesn't, close the debit machines, input data, wipe the computer system. If you were on the front, you had to go through every single room's information and – more... make sure the papers matched what was in the computer system, input data as well.
The management was alright. Not overly understanding if you had to take time off for whatever reason. If you didn't have any concerns, the management was easy to get along with.
The co-workers were very cliquey, very difficult to earn their respect as a fellow co-worker.
The hardest part of the job was when the computer systems went down and we weren't able to complete the duties we were supposed to. That made it super stressful.
The most enjoyable part of the job was if the system didn't go down, we had a lot of time to just relax and get to know your coworkers more – less
Relaxing enviroment with wonderful scenery
Hostess (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABJanuary 27, 2014
Pros: awesome staff
Cons: transportation timing
Walk in and start answering phones, booking reservations, seating guests. I learned patience and organizational skills. Management was nice, coworkers were friendly. Hardest part was transportation to and from the particular location. I really enjoyed the people, the setting, and the chance to meet new people each day.
grate job, if you can handle it
south winds restaurant (Former Employee), Winnipeg, MBJanuary 22, 2014
Pros: dental benefits, free food
Cons: high stress, work over holidays
good job to have for a few years if you are take won't to gather lots of experience in a kitchen, it is a stressful job and you have too deal with heavy work loads buy your self. you can learn a lot from it if you are younger or in experienced, wold not go back because of the wage
Comfortable
Porter (Current Employee), Windsor OntarioJanuary 10, 2014
Pros: great atmosphere and team
Cons: not enough hours
Holiday Inn is a comfortable place to work. Great team and strong management. Would suggest to anyone.
Nice place to work for
Night Auditor (Current Employee), Edmonton, ABJanuary 4, 2014
• Responsible for properly systematic, managed and appropriate paper work for payments of guest.
• Making, cancelling and updating reservations.
• Keeping track on inventory (rooms) available and occupied.
• Attending Inbound and outbound phone inquiries.
• Maintain cash records and updating end of day sales documents.

1 2 3 4 5

About Holiday Inn

John Q. Hammons Hotels & Resorts has several rooms with a view. The hotel development company owns and operates approximately – Read more