Holiday Inn Employee Reviews in Canada

Enjoyed working with the public
Housekeeping Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Regina, SKJune 25, 2016
A typical day at work consisted of doing a low stock merchandise count using PDT System, rotating merchandise on shelves, restocking merchandise, organizing displays for in-store promotions.

I learned how to order merchandise for the store when the manager was on conference calls. The hardest part of the job was trying to get to the stock to be put out on the floor from the back, was disorganized and made it difficult to perform my job properly.

The most enjoyable part of the job was working with the public and assisting them when needed.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Disorganized store
My Work place
Maintenance Manager (Current Employee) –  Calgary, ABJune 22, 2016
Everyday i start my work by checking the internal and external of the building, checking the electrical, boiler room and pool water chemistry and then proceed to my usual daily work order schedule after finishing the work request i go for my daily preventative maintenance.

Everyday has a different task and problems so i learned a lot specially the maintaining the pool and the boiler.

Co-workers, we have a camaraderie because i maintain a good communication.

Hardest part of the job, none

Enjoyable part of the job is my co-workers.
If you want advancement or a team that supports you...look elsewhere.
Guest Services Agent (Former Employee) –  London, ONJune 3, 2016
I loved working here for the first little while. Then people started showing their true colours. Management is a mess, and everything with them is personal. They have you sign a "no gossip" clause...but then managers are gossiping about you. You can't trust anybody. The best part of this job is that if you work in the mornings, before breakfast closes, you can get some free breakfast.
Professional and friendly atmosphere
Guest Services Representative&Certified Trainer (Former Employee) –  Sarnia, ONMay 27, 2016
Very fast paced environment which I thrive on.

I gained amazing amount of knowledge on how to assist guests with all their needs and being able to predict what they are looking for ahead of time.

Guest satisfaction was important and that they emphasize on recognizing employees achievements
Pros
Free meals, monthly celebrations
Cons
no room for growth due to low turnover
it was a fun work place
SUPERVISOR (Former Employee) –  Pembroke, ONMay 31, 2016
i would go in start laundry get carts ready for the day make sure they were fully stocked with cleaners rags, etc...... management was okay they could have listened better to ideas that would help around but over all they were good with solving problems and getting to the bottom of things, my co-workers were a great groups of girls very out going always walked in with a smile one there face always ready to take on the day no matter what was in store for us, hardest part about the job was when hockey season was here longer hours messier rooms and days seems to drag on with how messy the rooms where but we would always push throw and get the job done, what i enjoyed about going to work every day was everyone was so friendly and out going
Pros
we would have staff pot lucks for everyone to talk about how well we where doing
Day in the life of a Guest Service Agent
Front Desk Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Kingston, ONApril 11, 2016
AM- Check-outs, settle the bill, make sure there are no restaurant charges left behind. Take phone reservations, prepare the rest of the day for the PM shift for check-ins.

The hardest part of the job is when you don't have a good manager, that doesn't lead by example of how things can run smoothly and fair.

I love working with the public, so the hospitality industry has definitely given me that opportunity. It has opened my eyes to all the different personalities out there and how easily people get flustered, and taught me how to turn a terrible experience for a guest into a great one when they leave, but just listening to them vent and try your best to assist them.
Pros
Guest services
Cons
Great opportunity to meet many new people from different areas.
Front Desk Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Temiskaming Shores, ONApril 20, 2016
While working for Holiday Inn Express and Suites I was able to meet a very wide range of people from multiple background. I started as a janitor/breakfast attendant, then was promoted to housekeeper and finally the front desk attendant. I got along great with all my fellow associates and all of the guests that entered our facility.
Well worth the experience
Front Desk Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONJune 15, 2016
Initially a very welcoming atmosphere. I was soon taught how to operate the check in/check out program, and was soon implementing said program into everyday life on the job. Initially, the vast number of guests was overwhelming, however once I adapted, communicating became second nature and very much enjoyable.
Good costumer service experience
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABFebruary 29, 2016
This job require a lot of concentration because we had a lot to do in one day is very hard job but I learned a lot of costumer service and cleaning skills is a big challenge because one of the hardest thing is not to bother the costumers when we were cleaning and also manage sometimes a problem with a costumer and solve it and fill all the necessary amenities to keep a happy costumer. Sme times we had pressure at the hotel but we never had some issues we couldn't fix between co-workers we always tried to have a nice enviroment. is a nice experience working as a housekeeper.
Pros
new skills in costumer service
Team is good
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Lethbridge, ABJuly 16, 2016
Always facing the unknown when going into work. The team was very good to work with .Management was selfish, and did not care about its staff. Treated its foreign workers horribly. Would not work there again.
Pros
Small, friendly team of coworkers
Cons
Hard work, for little pay.
no hope for future
Shuttle Driver /Bellman (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MBJuly 22, 2016
This job has no advancement in the near future, if ever, and also we will not receive any raises unless minimum wage increases, as well as management seems to not be acting fair when gratuities are given,
Pros
close to home
Cons
Income potential with this job
responsibility
Housekeeping Room Attendant (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABJuly 13, 2016
Was Stressful at times being responsible for so many students worked well with my partner participated in meetings magnificent turn out for students who didn't have lunch. It was a great feeling everyday knowing I was doing a good deed.
Productive and Fun because this is what I love to do
Inclusive Date (Former Employee) –  PHFebruary 22, 2016
Upon Construction:
install conduits, cable pulling, cable testing
I learn how to cope up with deadlines and how to designate jobs in order to finish the task before the deadlines.
the hardest part is to troubleshoot and the most enjoyable part of the job is to have a technical support after the installation.
Pros
free meals
Supportive Management
Front Desk Agent (Former Employee) –  Saskatoon, SKJuly 4, 2016
The Management Team at the Holiday Inn Express are very supportive, informative, accommodating, and knowledgable. The hiring process screens in team members with a strong work ethic and great personalities.
Cons
shift work, strange hours
Fun & Satisfying place of employment
Special Event Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Burlington, ONJune 14, 2016
the management & staff always made each day great for both the guests and the employees! Most enjoyable part of the job was interacting with the different guests & building relationships with the regulars.
Lots to complete, little training
Front Desk Agent (Former Employee) –  Lethbridge, ABJanuary 11, 2016
Overall, the Holiday Inn did not have the correct management in place to be training employees. If one messed up a transaction or email they were criticized by the management openly and in front of others. It became very tight-knit between the employees versus the management of the front desk. The most enjoyable part of the job was being able to learn quickly and keep up to the standards that were in place. I most enjoyed creating a relationship with other managers that were in other areas of the business.
Pros
Creating relationships with other employees and managers.
Cons
odd shifts, not very flexible
organized and clean work place with happy and friendly people.
Housekeeping & Laundry (Current Employee) –  Oakville, ONJanuary 18, 2016
I clean 16 Rooms a day in 8 hrs. Check ins, check outs and occupied rooms.
I also run a whole laundry room Washing, drying and pressing linens for 144 rooms in the hotel, a restaurant and many banquet rooms.
The Best part of the job is the people, Co-workers & Guests. It is a very friendly and happy work place!
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
being On-Call.
Typical workplace
Front Desk Clerk (Former Employee) –  Gananoque, ONMarch 16, 2016
Management sucks alot. Very rude Manager shes nasty person
Needs better communication skills, and slow down when training new employees.
learned do to night audit
co-workers need to calm down on relax when it comes to certain things
Pros
n/a
Cons
Poor Management
new experience, supportive coworkers
Supervisor Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Toronto,onApril 23, 2016
I had a great time working there. All the managers were nice and supportive. Overall it was a great experience, I got to know all the attendants and their stable schedules.
Pros
friendly environment
The brand was awesome
Houseman (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ONJanuary 22, 2016
I am honored to work for such a great brand, unfortunately, being disabled at this workplace led to many misunderstandings, and some unnecessary discomfort between me and a few managers, but I never gave up, and sought this job right to the end. I'm thankful for this accomplishment.
Pros
being employed by Holiday Inn
Cons
poor managment