Holiday Inn

Holiday Inn Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Great Environment to work
Night Auditor Front Office (Current Employee), Drayton Valley, ABMay 6, 2015
All the staff are very helpful and friendly, Co-workers make fun always.Management are very helpful. Most enjoyable part to provide warm service to our valued guest.
a typical day at work
Housekeeper (Former Employee), Surrey, BCApril 22, 2015
Pros: More hours & words of appreciation
Cons: Long hours
Hi, I started my work at 9 am and I got 10 check out rooms and 5 stay rooms to clean. Surprisingly enough, out of 5 , 4 rooms got checked out because guests decided to leave for some reason. In total I had to clean 14 check out rooms. Moreover, all of the rooms were required to be cleaned by 2 pm because front desk agent booked those rooms for guests.
On that day , I had no chance to take a break.
Thank You.
n/a
Senior Guest Services Agent (Current Employee), Fron DeskApril 11, 2015
Its a very good company to work for. The environment is very friendly and welcoming. I have been working here for almost 4 years and its always a pleasant experience working at The Holiday Inn Express.
helped building good customer service and team work skills.
Front Desk Agent (Current Employee), Kamloops, BCApril 9, 2015
• Process guest arrivals and departures, including all necessary payments and provision of transportation services.
• Delivered an enhanced customer experience and created a good impression by greeting and engaging customers in a range of service and informational conversations.
• Respond to customer issues and ensured customer problems are handled appropriately, escalating issues when necessary.
• Communicate with all hotel departments efficiently and oversaw all guest registrations.
Excellent place to work!
Hotel Controller (Former Employee), Ottawa, ONApril 2, 2015
The Holiday Inn is a fun place to work with great people and never a dull moment. I would recommend this workplace to anyone looking to aspire in the hospitality industry.
Its a job.
Housekeeping Supervisor (Former Employee), Huntsville, ONApril 1, 2015
The Holiday Inn is ok place to work if you like hard work and do not care if you work all weekends. Wages are not competitive if you are a long time employee. They do have medical benefits and do reward with small bonuses on occasion.
Fast pace work enironment
Housekeeping (Former Employee), Fort Erie, ONMarch 30, 2015
Great place to work everyone was very considerate and nice. Worked hard there and had allot of rooms to do in a day but it was good.
Careful what you get into.
Front Desk Agent (Current Employee), Calgary, ABMarch 27, 2015
Pros: Pool and hot tub, discounted rooms and food.
Cons: hours, shifts
Great place great co-workers. But I disliked the GM, He just rubbed off on me as kinda shady. But all suits make me feel that way haha. Plus the shifts are kinda ridiculous sometimes, and what I mean is it jumps around and your shifts change after being posted. You might even be called in to cover. But worst of all is sometimes you'll have to pull a back to back shift (12 hours from when you get off till your next shift starts) or split shifts too.

make/cancel reservations for guests
count floats (tills and vaults)
make sure all reservations for the day are ready
make sure the rooms are ready for guests by phone or computer
check for traces (pet room, breakfast included, crib in room, ect)
fix errors
change rates
My daily work
Accounts Payable (Former Employee), Toronto, ONMarch 22, 2015
Procedures to processes all invoices, purchase orders; reconcile credit card statements and vendors accounts; maintain the general ledger; Analyzing expenses when necessary and report to controller.
Best job I have ever had
Guest Service Agent (Current Employee), Fort St John, BCMarch 18, 2015
First off, MANAGEMENT is outstanding. I have never worked with a better group of managers and co-workers.
Guest services has taught me so much about understanding people, interacting with people, making people feel cared about/warm/welcome/safe, and most of all has taught me to have thick skin.
The most enjoyable part of the job is the look on a guests face when you remember their name, room preference, etc. It is so rewarding to light up their face in this way.
Great learning enviroment with great people.
Guest Service Representative/Manager on Duty (Current Employee), Barrie, ONMarch 12, 2015
The General Manager is always willing to train on anything you would like to learn. Staff in all departments get along well. Small hotel where the staff really feels like a second family.
good interpersonal relationship
House Keeper (Former Employee), Toronto ONMarch 7, 2015
Pros: good interpersonal relationship
i enjoyed every aspect of the job. Management team was excellent. I learned a lot as regard to speed and accuracy and safe cleaning products
Active
Senior front desk receptionist (Former Employee), CalgaryMarch 6, 2015
A fun busy active place that challenged my multitasking and diplomatic skills dealing with day to day activities and various tasks
Great
Housekeeping Room Attendant (Former Employee), Barrie, ONFebruary 25, 2015
Great Place To Work, Although When I Got Injured And Could Not Come In To Work For A Couple Weeks They Let Me Go Pretty Fast.
You Clean Rooms For A Living, Not To Shabby
Nice place to work as a Room Attendant
Housekeeping Room Attendant (Former Employee), St. John's, NLFebruary 25, 2015
Pros: everyone were good people to work with and always offered help
Cons: not getting many hours in working lately
I loved working as a Housekeeping Room Attendant but the work at this hotel is getting really slow. I know Fortis Properties, the owners are selling off its hotels and I don't know if this is part of the reason for the work dropping so fast.
Busy working
Front Desk Manager (Current Employee), Grande Prairie, ABFebruary 23, 2015
Cons: tasks are different every days
- briefing with the team.
- check the No show last night & Manager report.
- Check the log book.
- participate the morning department head meeting.
- balancing the room inventory.
- check the VIP's
- assign the rooms
- check the Audit of the night before.
- check the e-mails.
- communicate with other departments to ensure the smooth of operation.
- all the above the repeatable tasks.
Fast paced environment filled with great people
My current position is Housekeeping (Current Employee), Windsor ONFebruary 16, 2015
Pros: incentives such as lunches and gift cards or family discounts
Cons: long hours when busy
In a typical work day I work 8 hours a day and am required to complete 16 rooms a day. I am also required to do laundry and shift work on occasion as well as all general cleaning duties.
The management staff gives us great feedback as well as all the proper training and are great with the employees on a professional and personal level. They take the time and patients to make sure we are long lasting team members, with most staff on 10 or more years.
My co-workers are all great with attending to guests needs as well as working as a team to help out and get the job done.
The hardest part of the job is, as we are a Hotel, we see large fluctuations in vacancy. It can be very high energy and fast paced at times, and can be a a little stressful, but with the staff being such a great team and eager to help, the job is always done right and on time.
The most enjoyable part of the job for me, is the interactions with the Guests and making sure we go above and beyond for them. It really instills a sense of pride and satisfaction for myself, my guests and management
Worst Company to work for
Front Desk (Former Employee), Calgary, ABFebruary 12, 2015
Cons: very abusive environmnet
Holiday Inn Express Calgary South

You basically will not have proper training and/or the supplies to perform your job. You will be overloaded with so much work you will hardly get it done and will be reprimanded for that. They will constantly send you home early and ask your relieve to come late so the time two are working at the desk gets reduced to the minimum... guests' request cant be handled properly without leaving other customers unattended.... You will be reprimanded and have your signature on a disciplinary action if guests complain about it.

They constantly abuse of Temporary Foreign Workers who cannot go elsewhere to work. They do not hire locals as they usually do not put up with such abuse. If you ever say anything they will just start cutting your hours.

Avoid this place to work
Safe secure position good for routine regular work
Security Guard (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABFebruary 9, 2015
Pros: a very secure job with a fair pay
Cons: being a very corporate business they were never short of rules and regulations
As night hotel security, it was my job to make sure that noise was kept down to a reasonable level and that undesirable elements were not allowed to bother customers in the hotel. Also parking lot rounds were insisted upon.
co worker
Housekeeping (Current Employee), Vancouver, BCFebruary 6, 2015
Pros: free lunch
Cons: long hour
Working 8 houer per day, learn a lots of thinks . I m a very kind person .The hard part at the job was to carry a lots of things.

1 2 3 4 5

About Holiday Inn

Holiday Inn Hotels & Resorts is part of the InterContinental Hotels Group family of brands with global headquarters in the – Read more