Holiday Inn Employee Reviews in Canada

Worst company i have ever worked for. The Company does not respect the employee contracts, and the union only cares for the union. You're on your own.
Bartender (Former Employee) –  Halifax, NSAugust 18, 2016
Not a Company to grow with. I started with the Company in 2011, with a signed contract for a full time Bartender position. Over the four years of employment the union and Management used loopholes to take my full time shifts and give them to under qualified persons, while leaving me with one or two breakfast serving shifts, by the end the Union told me to get another job...so I did. The company told me if I did not work the breakfast shifts I would be fired. Having another bartender job, breakfast was impossible for me to do, so they let me go and said that I quit. WORST COMPANY AND MANAGEMENT EVER!
Good company
Housekeeping (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, ABAugust 13, 2016
it is just an ordinary day to work in the morning, I learned to do my tasks in a minimum supervision. My co-workers are indeed supportive for each other.The hardest part of my job is when there is no stuff to provide but one thing I enjoy is when I receive a tip from the guests.
Pros
Friendly people
Cons
short hours
housekeeper
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABAugust 12, 2016
meet new people, work with others, and training others
I enjoy to do cleaning and making others happy with their rooms
organize everything
typical work
Houseman/Housekeeping/Building Maintenance (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABAugust 3, 2016
tiring work for a newbie. trust yourself. work individual basis. co-worker are team player but need to do own job. hardest part is some of managers are not friendly and role model.
Very nice stuff
Front Desk Agent (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONAugust 2, 2016
Holiday inn very secure place to work. The best part is a team. Very helpful and enjoyable to work with. I really enjoyed my time there.
Unprofessional Unenjoyable Place to work
Room Attendant (Current Employee) –  Dartmouth, NSAugust 2, 2016
A typical day at work, was being nagged about everything possible, and constantly being told I wasn't doing things properly after not getting the training I needed.
The co-workers were amazing to work with, kind of gossipy, but thats expected at every job. It was the management team that was unprofessional and unfair to ALL workers.
Hardest part of the job was all of it because it was a stressful place to work.
Pros
Good tips
great staff, we have a swimming pool and a weight room/ excersize room
Technician (Current Employee) –  Richmond Hill, ONJuly 27, 2016
great place to work I just wish I could get more hours. I really do love this job but I do not see a future here. I need room for advancement and more hours!
Pros
free breakfast
Cons
no room for advancement
no hope for future
Shuttle Driver /Bellman (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MBJuly 22, 2016
This job has no advancement in the near future, if ever, and also we will not receive any raises unless minimum wage increases, as well as management seems to not be acting fair when gratuities are given,
Pros
close to home
Cons
Income potential with this job
Productive Busy Workplace
Night Auditor (Accountant) (Current Employee) –  St. John's, NLJuly 20, 2016
I enjoyed working at Holiday Inn. The management was great and the working atmosphere was incredible. I would recommend this hotel to anyone
Housekeeping
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Dartmouth, NSJuly 20, 2016
I felt that my age was to young compared to the others. The pay was great and the hours were workable. My management was not ideal.
Pros
Good pay, great hours, nice people.
Cons
no sick days, hard work, no respect.
Team is good
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Lethbridge, ABJuly 16, 2016
Always facing the unknown when going into work. The team was very good to work with .Management was selfish, and did not care about its staff. Treated its foreign workers horribly. Would not work there again.
Pros
Small, friendly team of coworkers
Cons
Hard work, for little pay.
responsibility
Housekeeping Room Attendant (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABJuly 13, 2016
Was Stressful at times being responsible for so many students worked well with my partner participated in meetings magnificent turn out for students who didn't have lunch. It was a great feeling everyday knowing I was doing a good deed.
Good company
Guest Services Manager (Current Employee) –  Peterborough, ONJuly 10, 2016
Holiday Inn is a good place to learn and grow with a good management team.
There is a high focus on customer service from every level of staff.
Supportive Management
Front Desk Agent (Former Employee) –  Saskatoon, SKJuly 4, 2016
The Management Team at the Holiday Inn Express are very supportive, informative, accommodating, and knowledgable. The hiring process screens in team members with a strong work ethic and great personalities.
Cons
shift work, strange hours
Enjoyed working with the public
Housekeeping Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Regina, SKJune 25, 2016
A typical day at work consisted of doing a low stock merchandise count using PDT System, rotating merchandise on shelves, restocking merchandise, organizing displays for in-store promotions.

I learned how to order merchandise for the store when the manager was on conference calls. The hardest part of the job was trying to get to the stock to be put out on the floor from the back, was disorganized and made it difficult to perform my job properly.

The most enjoyable part of the job was working with the public and assisting them when needed.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Disorganized store
My Work place
Maintenance Manager (Current Employee) –  Calgary, ABJune 22, 2016
Everyday i start my work by checking the internal and external of the building, checking the electrical, boiler room and pool water chemistry and then proceed to my usual daily work order schedule after finishing the work request i go for my daily preventative maintenance.

Everyday has a different task and problems so i learned a lot specially the maintaining the pool and the boiler.

Co-workers, we have a camaraderie because i maintain a good communication.

Hardest part of the job, none

Enjoyable part of the job is my co-workers.
hosekeeping
Housekeeping (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QCJune 20, 2016
A lot of pression, missing a lot of things and products for working, the co-workes are ok. the service is good in the hotel
Pros
Syndicats
Cons
Manquent beaucoup des produits pour travail
Well worth the experience
Front Desk Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONJune 15, 2016
Initially a very welcoming atmosphere. I was soon taught how to operate the check in/check out program, and was soon implementing said program into everyday life on the job. Initially, the vast number of guests was overwhelming, however once I adapted, communicating became second nature and very much enjoyable.
Front Desk Agent
Front Desk Agent (Former Employee) –  Medicine Hat, ABJune 15, 2016
Very interactive work place, mostly friendly staff, benefits were great, independent type of work, long shifts
Pros
meeting new people every day
Fun & Satisfying place of employment
Special Event Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Burlington, ONJune 14, 2016
the management & staff always made each day great for both the guests and the employees! Most enjoyable part of the job was interacting with the different guests & building relationships with the regulars.