Holiday Inn Employee Reviews

Worst company i have ever worked for. The Company does not respect the employee contracts, and the union only cares for the union. You're on your own.
Bartender (Former Employee) –  Halifax, NSAugust 18, 2016
Not a Company to grow with. I started with the Company in 2011, with a signed contract for a full time Bartender position. Over the four years of employment the union and Management used loopholes to take my full time shifts and give them to under qualified persons, while leaving me with one or two breakfast serving shifts, by the end the Union told me to get another job...so I did. The company told me if I did not work the breakfast shifts I would be fired. Having another bartender job, breakfast was impossible for me to do, so they let me go and said that I quit. WORST COMPANY AND MANAGEMENT EVER!
it was a fun work place
SUPERVISOR (Former Employee) –  Pembroke, ONMay 31, 2016
i would go in start laundry get carts ready for the day make sure they were fully stocked with cleaners rags, etc...... management was okay they could have listened better to ideas that would help around but over all they were good with solving problems and getting to the bottom of things, my co-workers were a great groups of girls very out going always walked in with a smile one there face always ready to take on the day no matter what was in store for us, hardest part about the job was when hockey season was here longer hours messier rooms and days seems to drag on with how messy the rooms where but we would always push throw and get the job done, what i enjoyed about going to work every day was everyone was so friendly and out going
Pros
we would have staff pot lucks for everyone to talk about how well we where doing
very nice place to work
Front Desk Agent (Current Employee) –  Whitecourt, ABFebruary 15, 2016
very good training, competitive wages, excellence management, grooming standard are awesome, great place to work very light environment, not stressful and friendly people.
Enjoyed working with the public
Housekeeping Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Regina, SKJune 25, 2016
A typical day at work consisted of doing a low stock merchandise count using PDT System, rotating merchandise on shelves, restocking merchandise, organizing displays for in-store promotions.

I learned how to order merchandise for the store when the manager was on conference calls. The hardest part of the job was trying to get to the stock to be put out on the floor from the back, was disorganized and made it difficult to perform my job properly.

The most enjoyable part of the job was working with the public and assisting them when needed.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Disorganized store
Fun & Satisfying place of employment
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MBAugust 30, 2016
I enjoyed working at Holiday Inn. The management was great and the working atmosphere was incredible. I would recommend this hotel to anyone. Very interactive work place, mostly friendly staff, benefits were great, independent type of work, long shifts. The management & staff always made each day great for both the guests and the employees! Most enjoyable part of the job was interacting with the different guests & building relationships with the regulars.
Pros
meeting new people everyday
Cons
night shifts
Not a good management
Visitor Services Attendant (Current Employee) –  Swift CurrentFebruary 5, 2016
This is job is only for New Comers. Benefits are not satisfactory . If good management team re-established, I am OK. Time bound and co-workers are all doing 2 jobs.
Good
Cons
No fixed Income
My Work place
Maintenance Manager (Current Employee) –  Calgary, ABJune 22, 2016
Everyday i start my work by checking the internal and external of the building, checking the electrical, boiler room and pool water chemistry and then proceed to my usual daily work order schedule after finishing the work request i go for my daily preventative maintenance.

Everyday has a different task and problems so i learned a lot specially the maintaining the pool and the boiler.

Co-workers, we have a camaraderie because i maintain a good communication.

Hardest part of the job, none

Enjoyable part of the job is my co-workers.
Lots to complete, little training
Front Desk Agent (Former Employee) –  Lethbridge, ABJanuary 11, 2016
Overall, the Holiday Inn did not have the correct management in place to be training employees. If one messed up a transaction or email they were criticized by the management openly and in front of others. It became very tight-knit between the employees versus the management of the front desk. The most enjoyable part of the job was being able to learn quickly and keep up to the standards that were in place. I most enjoyed creating a relationship with other managers that were in other areas of the business.
Pros
Creating relationships with other employees and managers.
Cons
odd shifts, not very flexible
Unprofessional Unenjoyable Place to work
Room Attendant (Current Employee) –  Dartmouth, NSAugust 2, 2016
A typical day at work, was being nagged about everything possible, and constantly being told I wasn't doing things properly after not getting the training I needed.
The co-workers were amazing to work with, kind of gossipy, but thats expected at every job. It was the management team that was unprofessional and unfair to ALL workers.
Hardest part of the job was all of it because it was a stressful place to work.
Pros
Good tips
Day in the life of a Guest Service Agent
Front Desk Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Kingston, ONApril 11, 2016
AM- Check-outs, settle the bill, make sure there are no restaurant charges left behind. Take phone reservations, prepare the rest of the day for the PM shift for check-ins.

The hardest part of the job is when you don't have a good manager, that doesn't lead by example of how things can run smoothly and fair.

I love working with the public, so the hospitality industry has definitely given me that opportunity. It has opened my eyes to all the different personalities out there and how easily people get flustered, and taught me how to turn a terrible experience for a guest into a great one when they leave, but just listening to them vent and try your best to assist them.
Pros
Guest services
Too many A-holes
Dishwasher (Former Employee) –  Dartmouth, NSAugust 28, 2016
Uniforms are provided and washed in site but most days someone was wearing mine. Rather uncomfortable washing dishes in a chef coat. The lunch, supper and catering foods are heated by methanol chafer fuel cans - don't apply if this substance bothers you. The dishwashers are idiots. One guy will sweep the floor multiple times and damp mop only.
Pros
Free parking
Cons
Disrespect
Productive & fun workplace
Switchboard Operator (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONJanuary 3, 2016
Great place to work fun work place with great staff and managers. Great hotel with lots of benefits and competitive salary.
Looks Great... on the surface
Night Auditor (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ONMay 28, 2015
The wages and benefits are very good, if you qualify for full time but the management there needs works. There is absolutely no accountability for the multitudes of people who do not perform their jobs which leaves the few good employees frustrated. The under performing employees stay for 5, 10, or 15 years while the good ones quickly leave. There is a culture of doing as little as possible there and mangement does nothing about it. Apply here only if you are willing to end every day frustrated with your co workers or are also lazy.
Pros
flexible schedules, food and room discounts
Cons
management does not do their jobs, culture of laziness
If you want advancement or a team that supports you...look elsewhere.
Guest Services Agent (Former Employee) –  London, ONJune 3, 2016
I loved working here for the first little while. Then people started showing their true colours. Management is a mess, and everything with them is personal. They have you sign a "no gossip" clause...but then managers are gossiping about you. You can't trust anybody. The best part of this job is that if you work in the mornings, before breakfast closes, you can get some free breakfast.
Typical workplace
Front Desk Clerk (Former Employee) –  Gananoque, ONMarch 16, 2016
Management sucks alot. Very rude Manager shes nasty person
Needs better communication skills, and slow down when training new employees.
learned do to night audit
co-workers need to calm down on relax when it comes to certain things
Pros
n/a
Cons
Poor Management
very productive and I enjoyed my responsibilities.
Housekeeping supervisor (Former Employee) –  Saskatoon, SKSeptember 6, 2016
I thoroughly enjoyed this workplace, right until the end. I was able to maintain my full responsibilities with ease. I felt a great sense of pride in maintaining my work load and keeping guests happy and enjoying their experience within the hotel.
Pros
staff parties
Cons
drama within the team
Professional and friendly atmosphere
Guest Services Representative&Certified Trainer (Former Employee) –  Sarnia, ONMay 27, 2016
Very fast paced environment which I thrive on.

I gained amazing amount of knowledge on how to assist guests with all their needs and being able to predict what they are looking for ahead of time.

Guest satisfaction was important and that they emphasize on recognizing employees achievements
Pros
Free meals, monthly celebrations
Cons
no room for growth due to low turnover
Fast paced and a lot of experience gained, daily management assistance
3rd Cook (Current Employee) –  North York, ONMarch 31, 2016
-Fast paced
-Hard working
-Am and PM service
-Poor management
-Friendly staff
-inexperienced co-workers
-passionate dedication to excel
Learned how to and be part of the comunity in Hotels and Banquets
Food & Beverage Supervisor / Banquet Captain (Former Employee) –  Stephenville, NLSeptember 19, 2016
Learned alot and once I got familiar and proper in doing what needed to be done. Enjoyed all that I needed to do. Helping find rooms for those who needed to stay and help the kitchen and pub with items. Helping being part of the Banquets
Productive workdays with co staff
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Lethbridge, ABAugust 26, 2016
Everyday was different, I enjoyed working with the people who were involved in my workplace area. Everyone worked well as a team, there were some days where it was longer and harder than others, but always made it through. It was fun getting to know different people.
Pros
Discounts