Holiday Inn Employee Reviews

Don’t stay in staff accommodation
Room Attendant (Former Employee) –  Canmore, AB16 January 2018
Worked as room attendant/houseman Housekeeping Manager isn’t professional. They make you install crew app on your phone the housekeeping manager constantly messages on the app. I had to put my phone on do not disturb.
Staff accommodation is the worst I’ve stayed in, a house shared between 15 people. No privacy feels like your constantly watched. 3 to a room.
Pros
50% off meals
Cons
Staff accommodation
Extremely productive & a fun place to work
Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON16 January 2018
The culture is amazing is the environment breeds success & hence is infectious in a positive way for new comers- A lot of Autonomy hence making you take decisions & also hold accountability for the same-
A lot of training & development needs were addressed-
Sabbatical were also made available for those willing-
All in all great management & a culture which breeds lead by example set the tone for success-
Amazing portfolio of brands to carry to the market place-
Dominant player with 70% Market share-
Pros
Corporate entertainment
Cons
long work hours combined with late nights
Holiday Day Inn Express and Suites Review
Front Desk Agent (Former Employee) –  Huntsville, ON14 January 2018
Was a great place to work, I loved how we were taught and how we we treated our team and our guests. I had a great team to work for and we were always busy being in Muskoka.
Guest Service Agent (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON14 January 2018
co-workers are nice, management is great. Very enjoyable place to work. Work load is reasonable. Every other Tuesday we get free dinner. Another great thing is it is close to my house.
Pros
free dinner
Cons
work hour timings
Fun & very satisfying dealing with many different cultures
Guest Services/Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON8 January 2018
Working in a hotel is a very satisfying experience, since you get to meet so many people from all over the world, and you get to learn about many different cultures. The days can vary,depending on how busy the hotel is, and can be quite stressful & demanding, whereby one has to be able to multitask, and do a lot of different tasks, such as answer phones, make reservations, check in and out guests, etc. all in the same time frame.
Pros
meeting, interacting, & providing great service to guests
Cons
shiftwork-weekdays, weekends, overnights, holidays (365 days a year)
fun
Housekeeper (Current Employee) –  Oakville, ON31 December 2017
its fun and meeting lots of guests is enjoybale and being of service by providing good clean service is very rewarding and working with other housekeepers and the management is every uplifting feels like working as a family.
fun place to work !
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Dieppe, NB18 December 2017
holiday inn was a very great place to work friendly staff! i learned alot of new things while i was there .. i was there till i went to college , and i will not regret working there ever :)
Productive work place
Reservation Agent / Front Desk Associate (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB17 December 2017
Morning check out shift started at 6:30 until 3:30pm. Evening shift for check in started at 3:30pm until 11:30pm. I worked with all departments such as food & beverage, housekeeping, reservations, sales and accounting. Learned to work in team environment and built strong communication skills.
Great Atmosphere
Hotel Front Desk Clerk (Former Employee) –  Milton, ON4 December 2017
A typical day at work consisted of signing customers in and out. It was a great job experience, with a great management team. Hardest part of the job was to check every customer in to the hotel in a very timely manner.
fun place to work
Duty Manager (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB29 November 2017
Staff was excellent to work with and management were great to work for and they welcomed new ideas and learned a lot from this origination. would love to go back and work in a customer service role.
unproductive
Building and Equipments Maintainer (Former Employee) –  Oakville, ON28 November 2017
the management always has problems and that affected the employees, change of owners changed systems, laying off people without the fault of the employee at the managements desire
too long working hours
Director of Engineering (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON28 November 2017
the management was bias with lot of favouritism given to their own people, the CEO is not willing to spend to maintain the hotel which are basic requirements
Pros
free lunches
Enjoyable
Supervisor/Bartender (Part-Time) (Current Employee) –  Peterborough, ON28 November 2017
I like working here. I work as a bartender/server in the restaurant and every shift offers new opportunity to learn and grow not only in this industry but in communication and problem solving skills.
great place too work
Front Desk Clerk (Former Employee) –  Brantford, ON26 November 2017
had fun worked hard
excellent management and staff
great team work environment
management and staff would all pull together to get jobs done
very equal work environment
Challenging Workplace
Front Desk Agent (Former Employee) –  Saskatoon, SK17 November 2017
Most time a very happy and enjoyable work place and brought different kind of challenges each day. Most times found it little hard to talk to management about issues. Learned how to be a problem solve all kinds of situations and do it in a professional manor. I really enjoyed to meeting new people each day.
Not a good place to work
Maintenance Worker (Former Employee) –  St. Catharines, ON15 November 2017
would not recommend working here. staff is very depressing to be around and seem miserable. Boss talked to a few employees like they were worthless. Not a fun place to work.
Pros
free soup for lunch
Cons
miserable staff, Demeaning boss
Had access to all the hotels facilities
Bartender/ Server (Former Employee) –  Truro, NS14 November 2017
Opening. closing
VLT Machines
Served breakfast, lunch supper
Room service
fast pace environment
served drinks and food
Lots of regulars which was nice
Pros
Fun atmosphere
Cons
VLT machines
Working in a hotel becomes hotel life quickly.
Night Auditor/ Manager on Duty (Former Employee) –  Moncton, NB14 November 2017
As a night auditor I didn't initially get much direction or input from management beyond the bare necessities of training. After a week of being shown how to enter information and edit it for the books, I was left by myself on overnights, largely unsupported.

When I was promoted to Manager on Duty during the day, the interactions and direction was more meaningful, and direct, making for a better experience, though longer hours.
My Opinion about work place culture.
Dependable Guest Service Agent (Former Employee) –  Stellarton, NS10 November 2017
A typical day at work is a professional fun and helpful atmosphere.
There is open communication between employees and constructive criticism is used for the purpose of functionality in the office. I have learned communication and constructive criticism is essential when learning a job because it helps everyone meet expectations of management. I enjoy an upbeat non judgemental work place culture where everyone gets along and appreciates each others jobs. The hardest part of work is when you don't feel like you belong. The most enjoyable part of the job is working with happy and helpful co-workers and knowing your job well enough that you feel helpful to those that you support in the work place.
Pros
Gaining work experience and advancement options
Cons
Hours that conflict with childcare hours.
Fun engaging company to work with
SALES COORDINATOR (Current Employee) –  Kitchener, ON6 November 2017
I am currently employed at Holiday Inn Kitchener as a Sales Coordinator. I have various degrees of support from our sales team and management. Work life balance is very supported here and I enjoy my job.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
low pay

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Holiday Inn. Our community is ready to answer.