Holiday Inn Employee Reviews in Canada

My Work place
Maintenance Manager (Current Employee) –  Calgary, ABJune 22, 2016
Everyday i start my work by checking the internal and external of the building, checking the electrical, boiler room and pool water chemistry and then proceed to my usual daily work order schedule after finishing the work request i go for my daily preventative maintenance.

Everyday has a different task and problems so i learned a lot specially the maintaining the pool and the boiler.

Co-workers, we have a camaraderie because i maintain a good communication.

Hardest part of the job, none

Enjoyable part of the job is my co-workers.
hosekeeping
Housekeeping (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QCJune 20, 2016
A lot of pression, missing a lot of things and products for working, the co-workes are ok. the service is good in the hotel
Pros
Syndicats
Cons
Manquent beaucoup des produits pour travail
Well worth the experience
Front Desk Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONJune 15, 2016
Initially a very welcoming atmosphere. I was soon taught how to operate the check in/check out program, and was soon implementing said program into everyday life on the job. Initially, the vast number of guests was overwhelming, however once I adapted, communicating became second nature and very much enjoyable.
Front Desk Agent
Front Desk Agent (Former Employee) –  Medicine Hat, ABJune 15, 2016
Very interactive work place, mostly friendly staff, benefits were great, independent type of work, long shifts
Pros
meeting new people every day
Fun & Satisfying place of employment
Special Event Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Burlington, ONJune 14, 2016
the management & staff always made each day great for both the guests and the employees! Most enjoyable part of the job was interacting with the different guests & building relationships with the regulars.
Summer Job
Guest Services Agent (Current Employee) –  Canmore, ABJune 5, 2016
Part-time worker, fun environment. Great staff. Fast paced work environment, consistent hours. Lots of rooms to clean.
If you want advancement or a team that supports you...look elsewhere.
Guest Services Agent (Former Employee) –  London, ONJune 3, 2016
I loved working here for the first little while. Then people started showing their true colours. Management is a mess, and everything with them is personal. They have you sign a "no gossip" clause...but then managers are gossiping about you. You can't trust anybody. The best part of this job is that if you work in the mornings, before breakfast closes, you can get some free breakfast.
it was a fun work place
SUPERVISOR (Former Employee) –  Pembroke, ONMay 31, 2016
i would go in start laundry get carts ready for the day make sure they were fully stocked with cleaners rags, etc...... management was okay they could have listened better to ideas that would help around but over all they were good with solving problems and getting to the bottom of things, my co-workers were a great groups of girls very out going always walked in with a smile one there face always ready to take on the day no matter what was in store for us, hardest part about the job was when hockey season was here longer hours messier rooms and days seems to drag on with how messy the rooms where but we would always push throw and get the job done, what i enjoyed about going to work every day was everyone was so friendly and out going
Pros
we would have staff pot lucks for everyone to talk about how well we where doing
Professional and friendly atmosphere
Guest Services Representative&Certified Trainer (Former Employee) –  Sarnia, ONMay 27, 2016
Very fast paced environment which I thrive on.

I gained amazing amount of knowledge on how to assist guests with all their needs and being able to predict what they are looking for ahead of time.

Guest satisfaction was important and that they emphasize on recognizing employees achievements
Pros
Free meals, monthly celebrations
Cons
no room for growth due to low turnover
new experience, supportive coworkers
Supervisor Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Toronto,onApril 23, 2016
I had a great time working there. All the managers were nice and supportive. Overall it was a great experience, I got to know all the attendants and their stable schedules.
Pros
friendly environment
working with them was fun, really enjoyable
inspection (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ONApril 23, 2016
learn working with different new people, helpful and enjoyable work.
all members are really helpful, manager he is really nice, understandable and friendly.
Great opportunity to meet many new people from different areas.
Front Desk Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Temiskaming Shores, ONApril 20, 2016
While working for Holiday Inn Express and Suites I was able to meet a very wide range of people from multiple background. I started as a janitor/breakfast attendant, then was promoted to housekeeper and finally the front desk attendant. I got along great with all my fellow associates and all of the guests that entered our facility.
Dont work here, you will regret it.
Room Attendant (Former Employee) –  Dartmouth, NSApril 16, 2016
Working here was less than a blast for me& my fellow housekeepers. Not only are we understaffed for the duration of the summer, but our workload is ridiculous. Management seems to think they only have to follow one side of the Collective agreement, the parts that benefit them, and that the rest of it is invalid. Good luck trying to get a day off, even when requested, they will "misplace" or "Misfile" your request paper and you'll be stuck working. They schedule their "Part time" employees during the summer months for 7+ days. Some have done 14 day stretches without a day off& only receiving 4 days of straight overtime pay when its illegal to work an employee more than 6 days straight without a full day of rest. On top of that, you'll have to track your own hours because this company is quite good as messing up paychecks & miscalculating hours.

During the winter, they act like they own you. It doesn't matter if you're sick& have doctors notes, they expect you to be willing and able to work no matter what the situation. The company got bought out recently& the pro's of the job started to decline. They took away our lunch meals& replaced them after a month of us having to bring our own (though in the collective agreement it says we are entitled to one hot meal a day) with the same dry sandwiches& watered down soup every day. The place is disgusting. You get sent into 'bed bug' rooms without warning, get in trouble for not having something that's never been cleaned before you came clean during inspections. Management has her favorites. Not everyone is treated the same.

The
  more... best part about the job is the coworkers. They make the place tolerable. Aside from that, prepare to have your feelings hurt& be talked down to like you're owned by the company every single day you work there. You'll have lots of "sitting on the side of the tub" cries. I promise.  less
Pros
Coworkers are great, Money is good.
Cons
Rude management, Heavy Workload, Higher expectations for new employees, Managers only follow Collective agreement when beneficial to them.
Day in the life of a Guest Service Agent
Front Desk Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Kingston, ONApril 11, 2016
AM- Check-outs, settle the bill, make sure there are no restaurant charges left behind. Take phone reservations, prepare the rest of the day for the PM shift for check-ins.

The hardest part of the job is when you don't have a good manager, that doesn't lead by example of how things can run smoothly and fair.

I love working with the public, so the hospitality industry has definitely given me that opportunity. It has opened my eyes to all the different personalities out there and how easily people get flustered, and taught me how to turn a terrible experience for a guest into a great one when they leave, but just listening to them vent and try your best to assist them.
Pros
Guest services
Cons
Fast paced and a lot of experience gained, daily management assistance
3rd Cook (Current Employee) –  North York, ONMarch 31, 2016
-inexperienced co-workers
-passionate dedication to excel
jobs
Housekeeping/Laundry (Former Employee) –  Fort Saskatchewan, ABMarch 21, 2016
I like work but I do enjoy it keep me busy I got along with everone was train I did job so good u can call the my boss gave work alone all time some time work with the ladys
Typical workplace
Front Desk Clerk (Former Employee) –  Gananoque, ONMarch 16, 2016
Management sucks alot. Very rude Manager shes nasty person
Needs better communication skills, and slow down when training new employees.
learned do to night audit
co-workers need to calm down on relax when it comes to certain things
Pros
n/a
Cons
Poor Management
Challenging Position
Hotel Manager (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ONMarch 4, 2016
It was a great work experience for me
I had to learn almost every function in the hotel i.e. Inventory control for all the departments, Union negotiation etc.
Pros
Free laundry, lunch, close to my house and much more
Cons
I have to be available 24/7
hard working
Toronto, On Housekeeping Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONMarch 2, 2016
I learned patience. My coworkers are pleasant. The hardest part of my job is flipping rooms. Working with different people
Front Desk Clerk (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONMarch 1, 2016
It is great environment and fun to work for.

They look for self-directed individual who possesses initiative combined with the ability to work independently and with minimal supervision
Pros
Fun
Cons
Good hours