Who we are
One of the world's most recognized hotel brands with a global reputation for service, comfort and value, Holiday Inn offers today's business and leisure travelers, dependability, friendly service and modern attractive facilities at excellent value and convenient locations throughout the world. Since 1952, Holiday Inn Hotels and Resorts have provided the services business travelers’ need, while also offering leisure travelers a comfortable, casual atmosphere where they can relax.
We are looking for Guest Service Representative to join us at the Holiday Inn Sudbury. As a GSR, you will be responsible for:
1. Greeting guests on arrival at the hotel and conduct smooth and efficient check-in procedures.
2. Promoting and implementing the chain's guest loyalty and recognition program, Priority Club.
3. Providing first-hand information of the hotel and its facilities as well as local tourist attractions and information on Sudbury.
4. Performing responsible cashiering duties such as maintaining cash float, correct posting of charges and efficient check-out procedures.
5. Answering external and internal telephone calls in a friendly and courteous manner.
6. Handling guest requests and complaints as per company standards.
7. Processing guest room reservations.
8. Improving the hotel's revenue by utilizing efficient up-selling techniques.
9. Coordinating with other departments such as housekeeping and maintenance to facilitate guests' requests.
10. Performing administrative tasks when required (i.e. front office stock requisition, maintenance of files and client correspondence).
11. Maintaining good communications within the front office team and updating oneself on current information in the hotel by attending regular briefings and meetings.
12. Developing skills by participating in trainings and seminars being offered.
13. Demonstrating positive attitude and teamwork spirit by cooperating with fellow colleagues within the team and other departments.
14. Collaborating with the front office team towards achieving a common goal.
1. Hotel front desk experience of 1 or 2 years is preferable.
2. Pleasing personality, professional attitude and demeanor, friendly and enthusiastic, with a strong desire to provide excellent guest service.
3. Good communication skills, spoken and written English.
4. Graduate of Hotel School or related college degree would be an asset.
5. Good knowledge of hotel property management systems, such as Opera will also be an asset.
6. Work in a team environment as well as function independently.
7. Can handle stress and customer challenges while maintaining composure.
8. Able to stand for extended period of time and continuously remain friendly and enthusiastic.
9. Flexible schedule required, must be able to work days, nights, weekends and holidays
10. Able to multi-task.
If hospitality is your career and you think you can be a part of our team, submit your resume to:
Front Office Department
Holiday Inn Sudbury
Mary Cristine Sy
Front Office Manager