The Sous Chef will assist in providing direction and support in the successful operation of our
busy hotel kitchen. The Sous Chef is responsible for maximizing profit potential while
maintaining product quality, standards of service, and guest satisfaction.
- Supervises and co-ordinates activities of cooks and other workers engaged in preparing and cooking food.
- Observes other workers to ensure that garnishes, portions and methods of cooking are appropriate.
- Monitors the quality of the products being served to guests and cooks or fills in whenever needed.
- Assumes responsibility for the kitchen in Chef's absence and ensures staff are following policies & procedures according to standard.
- Ensures that all staff maintains clean and safe working areas and abides by local health authorities.
- Progressive review of culinary trends both locally and industry-wide, ensuring competitive advantage
- Provide day-to-day instruction and feedback to kitchen employees to ensure continuous quality improvement
- Maintain good working harmony with all employees and other departments.
- All other duties as required.
-Post secondary degree/diploma in recognized chef training institute or equivalent in experience and professional development courses.
-Minimum of 3-4 years experience in a progressive culinary position.
-Strong interpersonal, communication, and negotiating skills.
-Proven management and training skills in culinary development and control.
-Knowledge of Health & Safety management and its applicable legislation on preparation and storage of food products.
-Familiar with planning and purchasing procedures
-Experience in menu planning and recipe design.
-Proficient with objective-based business planning
-Must have flexible availability: mornings, nights, weekends, & holidays.
Indeed - 16 months ago
601 Scottsdale Drive, Guelph, ON N1G 3E7
136 guestrooms, restaurant & lounge, banquet facilities, indoor pool, sauna and fitness...