*POSITION*: Part-Time Guest Service Representative
Maximize guest satisfaction from arrival through departure by adhering to the standards required by the Hotel and by handling all guest inquires with a friendly and accurate response.
- Manage room inventory for best rates according to season.
- Monitor guest accounts and payment process. Balance daily transactions, credit cards and cash payment.
- Maintain personal cash float used to assist guests with transactions and currency exchange.
- Provide support and encouragement to coworkers by promoting a continuous teamwork environment.
- Provide guests with prompt service, professional attention and personal recognition.
- Provide efficient, professional, and friendly service during guest check-in and check-out.
- Respond positively to guest complaints, solicit feedback and build relationships to drive continuous improvement in guest satisfaction.
- Take incoming calls and/or reservations from guests and provide any information, service, or suggestions that would make their stay, whether present or future, a memorable experience.
- Perform courtesy calls to guests when needed.
- Promote and sign up guests for IHG Rewards membership.
- Effectively operate and use Opera property management system.
- Check and confirm guest accounts from registration cards to Opera for verification and confirmation that all information is correct in both areas.
- Perform any other duties specified by the Guest Services Manager.
- Must be available to work a variety of shifts including but not limited to evening, weekends and/or holidays
Preferred Education & Qualifications
- Post Secondary education equivalent in Hotel or Business Management Hospitality training an asset
- 2 years related Guest or Customer Service work experience
- Bilingual in French & English is an asset
- Ability to effectively communicate in a friendly and positive manner
- Excellent time management, organizational and planning skills with a proven ability to multitask
- Problem solving, decision making, and team building skills
- Computer efficiency using Opera property management system
- Charismatic, creative, engaging and FUN attitude.
Indeed - 4 months ago