Guest Service Manager
Holiday Inn Barrie Hotel & C.C. – Barrie, ON
Permanent Fulltime, Management Position
Guest Service Manager
To ensure 100% guest satisfaction through maintaining and exceeding hotel standards of quality and service.
Hotel Overview: We are located just off highway 400 at the Essa road exit, and minutes from Kempenfelt Bay and the many year round outdoor activities and attractions Barrie has to offer. Barrie is ideally located less than 1 hour from Toronto and is the gateway to Ontario's north. With 161 guestrooms and with nearly 9,000 square feet of meeting space the Holiday Inn Barrie is the Place to Meet. Holiday Inn Barrie is the only full service hotel in Barrie and has several amenities to offer our wide range of travelers.
Summary of Responsibilities:
Reporting to the General Manager, responsibilities an essential job functions include but are not limited to the following:
- Monitors and maintains the front desk, guest accounting, reservations and telephone in order to consistently meet company standards and achieve a high level of guest satisfaction.
- Ensuring Holiday Inn Barrie/IHG service standards are maintained at all times, while maintaining a professional demeanor and setting an example of leadership for all team members
- Responsible for the supervision and recruitment, selection, training and development of all front desk team members to ensure their tasks are performed efficiently
- Supervises the reservation functions in Holidex, including yield management system to ensure maximum RevPar is achieved.
- Assist General Manager in providing hotel forecast by accurate projection of rooms’ related revenue and expenses. Must be able to handle/resolve guest complaints promptly and efficiently both internally and through guest relations with 100% Guest Satisfaction.
- Proficiency in English (written and verbal), second language an asset
- Must have a minimum 2 years experience as a Guest Service Manager in a hotel setting with a strong knowledge of Revenue Management
- Prior Opera experience is a strong asset, knowledgeable with Microsoft Window applications and other computer related programs
- Proven Team Leader, professional presentation and excellent working relationships with all team members and guests
- Must have a flexible schedule and be able to work evenings, weekends and holidays
- Must already be legally permitted to work in Canada
Indeed - 14 months ago
copy to clipboard