Position Type: Regular, Full-Time
Application Deadline: July 26, 2013
The Glasshouse Bistro & Café at the Enjoy Centre in St. Albert is looking for an exceptionally talented individual to fill the role of Executive Chef.
The successful candidate will have a passion for creating thoughtful, fresh food from local producers, as well as the ability to interpret sales reports and collaborate with the General Manager to develop an evolving menu inspired by the seasons. The Executive Chef is accountable for the planning and direction of Kitchen operations, as well as for all the food produced and served at the Glasshouse Bistro & Café. Exceptional communication and leadership skills are essential.
- Develop recipes, menus and pricing for all retail and catering food services in consultation with General Manager, and within framework of vision and budget
- Estimate labour and food costs by modifying menus to stay within budget and achieve profit margin goals
- Set quality standards for food production
- Set production goals for employees based on expected customer volume
- Order food and kitchen supplies, as well as ensure timely delivery of supplies
- Utilize Enjoy Centre greenhouse and family farm produce in food preparation creatively and efficiently
- Monitor inventory, and control waste
- Train and develop staff according to Glasshouse Bistro requirements
- Communicate and enforce Enjoy Centre employee policies and procedures, as well as inform staff about upcoming events, department activities and Enjoy Centre information
- Schedule kitchen staff according to weekly requirements
- Inform Human Resources Coordinator regarding hiring requirements
- Develop procedures for maintaining sanitation standards, and ensure these standards achieve or exceed legislated requirements
- Stay current on trends or market conditions in the food service industry
- Promote the Glasshouse Bistro & Café through good public relations with educational institutions and contacts within the food service industry
- 5+ years of commercial food preparation
- 3 years of Back of House supervisory experience
- Availability to work weekends and holidays, as well as overtime in peak seasons
- Good problem-solving and organizational skills
- Proficiency using Microsoft Office Suite (especially Excel)
- Red Seal certification
- Completion of an apprenticeship training or college program in the culinary arts
- Employee is eligible for benefits after satisfying a three-month probationary period
- This is a salaried position
Contact: Janice Curle
Human Resources Coordinator
101 Riel Drive, St. Albert, Alberta, Canada, T8N 3X4
St. Albert was recently named by MoneySense Magazine as the top small city in Canada, and was ranked second in overall Best Places to Live.
Visit http://www.stalbert.ca/ to find out more about our community!
The best food comes from your own backyard. Slow down, savour the flavours of regional cuisine, support local farmers and enjoy life; because good food takes time.
Fresh, Local, Thoughtful
Proud to be Avenue Magazine's
2013 Best Restaurants: Worth the Drive winner.
Hole’s Greenhouses & Gardens was established by the late and much loved Ted and Lois Hole. Together they built one of...