Holcim Employee Reviews

Very productive company, one of the best places to work in El Salvador
OH&S Corporate Manager (Current Employee) –  San Salvador4 November 2015
One of the best places to work in El Salvador. The company with one of the best compensation benefits in the country. Now job stability and organization climate being affected for the merger of the two greatest Cement production companies in the world (Holcim and Lafarge, to create the LafargeHolcim Group.
Pros
Great compensation benefits
Cons
Too many changes affecting jobs stability
Provide Good Trainings for Improvement
Production Planner (Former Employee) –  Lugait22 August 2015
The company strength was to provide the employee the proper trainings they needed. In return, the employee uses and improve their skills to perform better in their job.
Pros
Free Snacks and Lunch
Marina Stojanovic
COSTUMER SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee) –  May, ON10 April 2015
A typical day at work includes a day where I go into work excited and opened to learning new information everyday. An ideal job is a place where I feel comfortable and can apply my great work ethics and previous knowledge to the work I am doing.
Fantastic Work Culture
US Benefit & Pension Specialist (Former Employee) –  Concord, ON5 February 2015
Such a great environment to work in. The salary may not have been the highest but the culture makes up for the shortfall. I would recommend this company to anyone who is looking for a Brand who recognizes their employees.
Nice place to work
Invoice Processing Representative (Current Employee) –  Concord, ON1 February 2015
I learned great skills and enjoyed working in a team environment. The supervisors and colleagues were helpful and cooperative.
Productive plant with great employees
YARD CREW (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON7 January 2015
This was a short term position. My typical day was spent shoveling, sweeping cement dust. Preparing for general maintenance duties.
Great Experience
Buyer Representative (Co-op) (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON29 December 2014
Frankly speaking, in Holcim company I adapted my back home experience to Canadian experience and learned much about how is new environment. It was a great opportunity for me.
friendly and committed to work attitude
Accounts Payable Clerk (Current Employee) –  Concord, ON27 December 2014
Since first day at work I have seen welcoming attitude from supervisor to colleague. I have learnt a lot and got the chance to work with each person in the Procure to Pay department.
Pros
positive atmosphere and hardworking team
a good place for the beginer
General accounting analyst (Current Employee) –  Concord21 October 2014
it is a good place for the beginner and newcomer. But when you growup, you may want to leave as what you get is not equal to what you pay
its motivativ envionmnet
Account payable validator (Former Employee) –  Vaughan, ON20 October 2014
i started my day with some data entry and then i worked on po validation. it was my co-op. all the co- workers and super visor are very friendly and helpful. Exaptional po handling was hardest part but with help of my co worker and supervisor make me easy to work on that.I worked as invoice and p o validator.
Pros
Free cofee and tea, soup.
Productive and fun
Invoice Processing Representative (Current Employee) –  Concord, ON5 October 2014
It is diverse workplace. I enjoyed going to work each day. It was more like fun and work. Staff were helpful and friendly.

There were the odd days and weekends when I had to stay late and work to ensure that our customers were paid.

Sometimes the SAP system will give problem but other than that all was good. The good part of the job was broadening my knowledge with SAP system and OCR.

I enjoyed our morning huddles and our Friday lunch treat.
Coworkers are fun loving and helping in nature
Business Analyst (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON19 September 2014
A typical day is starting with meeting with manager and working on project. I learnt new a lot from managers and other team members and shared my knowledge and experience to them. Management is excellent, encourages creativity and fun loving work culture. Co workers are supportive and helping in nature. The most enjoyable part of the job to learn something everyday, playing table tennis and pool. In nut shell, it's great experience to work in this company.
Good Firm Company
General Accounting Analyst (Current Employee) –  Concord, Ontario10 July 2014
Although it is a good company and amazing friendly culture, it will take you very long to take those steps up in the career.
A very good work place
Accounts Receivable and Cash Applications (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON24 June 2014
Working with Holcim Canada was a great experience for me. Instead of having high volume of work pressure it was nice place to have a very good team and Management who was always helpful.
Excellent company for work
Accounts Payable (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON13 May 2014
I had great time working in Holicm, very professional and enthusiastic place for working, Every year they have few fun activities including wonderland trip
Good Salary, Good People, Good Opportunities for training
PRODUCTION PLANNER (Former Employee) –  Lugait8 March 2014
My role is to make production plan, monitor inventories, and many other work related to technical and computation. I learned many things and I was able to develop my skills. The management are good in decision making. Colleagues in Holcim are supportive. The hardest part of the job is to balance the performance KPI related to its balancing of raw materials. My enjoyed part of the job is every month-end.
Pros
Lots of Foods every trainings and events.
Cons
You have to extend hours for your work
Productive,professional and enjoyable workplace
Intern Enterprise Application Architect (Former Employee) –  Vaughan, Ontario11 February 2014
Holcim is a nice and warm workplace. I learned and added more IT knowledge and experience in my carrier.
Pros
Professional staff, global company
Good place to work at
Accounts Payable Clerk (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON1 December 2013
NABS Holcim provides accounting services to Holcim group of companies based in US and Canada. The work environment is fast paced. The atmosphere is friendly and cordial.
Pros
Extremely good benefits.
Cons
One of the best company to work specially for carer development
Mechanical Engineer thesis (Former Employee) –  Puerto Cumarebo2 November 2013
Every day are different with new experiences, I learned with Holcim to work in group, measuring and improving my performance and strength, leadership and autonomy in my duties. My co-workers always help to make the job easy and this is how the different characters complement itself the results.
The management is very high technical level with further vision and a horizontal organization I´m proud to work in one of the best industry group.

The hardest part is to have a good balance between family and the job.

Actually the company have other owner (The Government since 2008) still the workers are trying to maintain the same culture but I feel that we have no more advance in therms of technical level improvement. and career planning.
productive and free meal during overtime
Invoice Analysis Representative (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON4 September 2013
Short stay with Holcim Cement was a very productive one. I was able to increase my knowledge in SAP system at the same time was able to know to communicate other business units using the lotus notes. My co-workers were so helpful, they make sure the newly hired employees can immediately cope up and adjust with the systems and guidelines imposed by the company after explaining to them.
Pros
long travel
Cons
improve sap skill

4.3