Holcim Employee Reviews

Very productive company, one of the best places to work in El Salvador
OH&S Corporate Manager (Current Employee) –  San Salvador4 November 2015
One of the best places to work in El Salvador. The company with one of the best compensation benefits in the country. Now job stability and organization climate being affected for the merger of the two greatest Cement production companies in the world (Holcim and Lafarge, to create the LafargeHolcim Group.
Pros
Great compensation benefits
Cons
Too many changes affecting jobs stability
Provide Good Trainings for Improvement
Production Planner (Former Employee) –  Lugait22 August 2015
The company strength was to provide the employee the proper trainings they needed. In return, the employee uses and improve their skills to perform better in their job.
Pros
Free Snacks and Lunch
Productive and fun
Invoice Processing Representative (Current Employee) –  Concord, ON5 October 2014
It is diverse workplace. I enjoyed going to work each day. It was more like fun and work. Staff were helpful and friendly.

There were the odd days and weekends when I had to stay late and work to ensure that our customers were paid.

Sometimes the SAP system will give problem but other than that all was good. The good part of the job was broadening my knowledge with SAP system and OCR.

I enjoyed our morning huddles and our Friday lunch treat.
Coworkers are fun loving and helping in nature
Business Analyst (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON19 September 2014
A typical day is starting with meeting with manager and working on project. I learnt new a lot from managers and other team members and shared my knowledge and experience to them. Management is excellent, encourages creativity and fun loving work culture. Co workers are supportive and helping in nature. The most enjoyable part of the job to learn something everyday, playing table tennis and pool. In nut shell, it's great experience to work in this company.
Good Salary, Good People, Good Opportunities for training
PRODUCTION PLANNER (Former Employee) –  Lugait8 March 2014
My role is to make production plan, monitor inventories, and many other work related to technical and computation. I learned many things and I was able to develop my skills. The management are good in decision making. Colleagues in Holcim are supportive. The hardest part of the job is to balance the performance KPI related to its balancing of raw materials. My enjoyed part of the job is every month-end.
Pros
Lots of Foods every trainings and events.
Cons
You have to extend hours for your work
Offers continuing learning on assigned field and sport activities
Mechanical Engineer (Former Employee) –  Norzagaray, Philippines25 February 2013
Working with Holcim Group has a lot of challenge and learning. We were trained in various aspect of maintenance viz. kiln, mills,transport, crusher and heavy equipments. The management is very supportive in giving necessary know how in cement manufacturing process, reliability maintenance, safety and environment. The hardest part of the job are working on an extended hours during kiln shutdown and equipment down time. Job in the group are properly compensated, good benefits and sports activities with collegues.
Working in a quiet and safe place
Accounts Payable (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON15 August 2012
Checked the deadline and emails .manage the time (for doing all we should do during the day)
Worked on critical invoices, answered to emails
Processed invoices based on daily target and latest date.
Help each other with any question ( co workers)
The hardest part was to manage time for conference call with different people (for solving some problem)
And the most enjoyable part was challenging and to be involve with new issue and solve the problems
Pros
free training for some education
Cons
long hours for all of days ( not in a period of time )
with fun workmates and work place. productive company
HR Clerk (Former Employee) –  P111 February 2013
busy day , many costumer to entertain.I learned to become more patient in terms of facilitating and assisting employees concerns. The hardest part was when I was instructed to facilitate training which is my first time. Nobody helped me to organized the said training but it ended successfuly. The most enjiyable part was when my HR family thought me how to do things and how to work under pressure. It was so fun working with my holcim family. great people are working there. sharing knowledge and learnings.
Pros
free transportation
Cons
productive and free meal during overtime
Invoice Analysis Representative (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON4 September 2013
Short stay with Holcim Cement was a very productive one. I was able to increase my knowledge in SAP system at the same time was able to know to communicate other business units using the lotus notes. My co-workers were so helpful, they make sure the newly hired employees can immediately cope up and adjust with the systems and guidelines imposed by the company after explaining to them.
Pros
long travel
Cons
improve sap skill
Exciting and Many Challenges . Safety conscious company
Mine Engineer (Current Employee) –  Union, ON30 July 2013
- More challenges everyday
- How to become a good Manager
-Trainings are aplenty
- Values modeling
- The company instill in the workforce the value of team-workmanship.
- The hardest part is pushing for an approval of a CAPEX budget
- The most enjoyable part of the job is the oppurtunity to travel (trainings and seminars) and the various Family Engagement activities the plant provides
Pros
many benefits
Cons
challenges
One of the best company to work specially for carer development
Mechanical Engineer thesis (Former Employee) –  Puerto Cumarebo2 November 2013
Every day are different with new experiences, I learned with Holcim to work in group, measuring and improving my performance and strength, leadership and autonomy in my duties. My co-workers always help to make the job easy and this is how the different characters complement itself the results.
The management is very high technical level with further vision and a horizontal organization I´m proud to work in one of the best industry group.

The hardest part is to have a good balance between family and the job.

Actually the company have other owner (The Government since 2008) still the workers are trying to maintain the same culture but I feel that we have no more advance in therms of technical level improvement. and career planning.
its motivativ envionmnet
Account payable validator (Former Employee) –  Vaughan, ON20 October 2014
i started my day with some data entry and then i worked on po validation. it was my co-op. all the co- workers and super visor are very friendly and helpful. Exaptional po handling was hardest part but with help of my co worker and supervisor make me easy to work on that.I worked as invoice and p o validator.
Pros
Free cofee and tea, soup.
Marina Stojanovic
COSTUMER SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee) –  May, ON10 April 2015
A typical day at work includes a day where I go into work excited and opened to learning new information everyday. An ideal job is a place where I feel comfortable and can apply my great work ethics and previous knowledge to the work I am doing.
friendly and committed to work attitude
Accounts Payable Clerk (Current Employee) –  Concord, ON27 December 2014
Since first day at work I have seen welcoming attitude from supervisor to colleague. I have learnt a lot and got the chance to work with each person in the Procure to Pay department.
Pros
positive atmosphere and hardworking team
Reconciliation Specialist
Reconciliation Specialist (Former Employee) –  Woodbridge, Ontario28 December 2012
I learned how to use SAP and Getpaid accounting systems, I work with alot of different people.

The hardest part is to ensure all postings are accuate and the most enjoyable part of this job is posting all the credit notes.
Pros
alot of excel use
Cons
not enough work in one day.
Fantastic Work Culture
US Benefit & Pension Specialist (Former Employee) –  Concord, ON5 February 2015
Such a great environment to work in. The salary may not have been the highest but the culture makes up for the shortfall. I would recommend this company to anyone who is looking for a Brand who recognizes their employees.
Good for experience
Production Engineer (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON29 July 2012
-production engineering
-mining experience, construction, soft and hard skills.
-management are fair
-different from other industry in terms of co-workers
-hardest very long hours of the day (14 hrs/day)
-most enjoyable learning from co-workers
Pros
learning
Productive and Fun Workplace
Reporting Specialist (Current Employee) –  Vaughan, ON16 January 2014
Prepare daily reports and analysis.
Learned a great deal about policies, Excel and meeting deadlines on time.
Co workers are fun and it's feels like a family.
Most enjoyable part of the job is been appreciated by management for the hard work I put in.
friendly and co-operative environment in a fast paced work place
Accounts Payable Clerk (Former Employee) –  Concord, ON15 July 2013
Holcim Canada has a very friendly and co-operative accounts payable team and the work environment is fast paced. Targets has to be met to meet KPI (Key Performance Indicator) and SLA (Service Level Agreement).
Financially well managed - leader in the Industry
Manager HR Systems and Business Processes (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON13 October 2012
Overall reasonably well managed organisation
Work Life balance a challenge
Growth not possible for some positions due to structure
Pros
overall well managed
Cons
work life balance

4.3