Holcim

Holcim Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
One of the best company to work specially for carer development
Mechanical Engineer thesis (Former Employee), Puerto CumareboNovember 2, 2013
Every day are different with new experiences, I learned with Holcim to work in group, measuring and improving my performance and strength, leadership and autonomy in my duties. My co-workers always help to make the job easy and this is how the different characters complement itself the results.
The management is very high technical level with further – more... vision and a horizontal organization I´m proud to work in one of the best industry group.

The hardest part is to have a good balance between family and the job.

Actually the company have other owner (The Government since 2008) still the workers are trying to maintain the same culture but I feel that we have no more advance in therms of technical level improvement. and career planning. – less
Exciting and Many Challenges . Safety conscious company
Mine Engineer (Current Employee), Union, ONJuly 30, 2013
Pros: many benefits
Cons: challenges
- More challenges everyday
- How to become a good Manager
-Trainings are aplenty
- Values modeling
- The company instill in the workforce the value of team-workmanship.
- The hardest part is pushing for an approval of a CAPEX budget
- The most enjoyable part of the job is the oppurtunity to travel (trainings and seminars) and the various Family Engagement – more... activities the plant provides – less
Offers continuing learning on assigned field and sport activities
Mechanical Engineer (Former Employee), Norzagaray, PhilippinesFebruary 25, 2013
Working with Holcim Group has a lot of challenge and learning. We were trained in various aspect of maintenance viz. kiln, mills,transport, crusher and heavy equipments. The management is very supportive in giving necessary know how in cement manufacturing process, reliability maintenance, safety and environment. The hardest part of the job are working – more... on an extended hours during kiln shutdown and equipment down time. Job in the group are properly compensated, good benefits and sports activities with collegues. – less
Reconciliation Specialist
Reconciliation Specialist (Former Employee), Woodbridge, OntarioDecember 28, 2012
Pros: alot of excel use
Cons: not enough work in one day.
I learned how to use SAP and Getpaid accounting systems, I work with alot of different people.

The hardest part is to ensure all postings are accuate and the most enjoyable part of this job is posting all the credit notes.
Financially well managed - leader in the Industry
Manager HR Systems and Business Processes (Current Employee), Toronto, ONOctober 13, 2012
Pros: overall well managed
Cons: work life balance
Overall reasonably well managed organisation
Work Life balance a challenge
Growth not possible for some positions due to structure
Passionate personal, always looking to improve processes.
Procurement Account Manager (Current Employee), USAJuly 31, 2014
Pros: a top company into its segment
Cons: a lot of new managers, still on its cooking stage.
Passionate personal, always looking to improve processes.
productive and hard worker
Pipe Welder (Former Employee), buhisan,Davao City, phillipinesJuly 19, 2014
Pros: free lunches
Cons: long hours
10 hrs work a day ,i learned how to fitting plates ,pipes and fabrication,management is not so good cause we are subconstruct only.co-worker is good and greet cause we are same pilipino,the hardest part when you are at work without a welper to adjust the welding machine go up and down .the most enjoyable part of the job is to welding more and more...
unprofessional
Operator trainer (Former Employee), Townsville, QLDJuly 15, 2014
not knowing what you were doing from start to finish. very poor communication and lots of inexperienced operators. didn't learn anything. management favoured so many. Co-workers had no experience and did the favourtism . hardest part of the job was being caught in the middle of trying to get the job done without issues. enjoyable part of the job was – more... knock off time. – less
Just for a while during my stint unemployed, nice company
Operator Port Pirie (Former Employee), Port Pirie, SAApril 9, 2014
Pros: travel different places and meet people
Cons: no cons did not have any complaints about this good compaany
Travel between Port Pirie and Port Augusta delivering concrete
get to meet a lot of people and places, recommended to others good company
Nice work place with gym
Program Coordinator of Health Promotion (Former Employee), Alajuela, Costa RicaJanuary 20, 2014
Pros: good enviroment and nature all around
Cons: bad food
Lite and quiet place with green policy.
The co-workers are great and there is good friendship.
Good company overall
Corporate Controller (Current Employee), Zürich, ZHNovember 26, 2013
A robust company with excellent products. Nice environment to work in and very international at the corporate.
Very good Company
Mechanical Maintenance Coordinator (Former Employee), Puerto Cumarebo, IOctober 28, 2013
Pros: salaries, to get knowledge, challenges
Cons: in venezuela become as a national company
Very good company, not in Venezuela, outside Venezuela, as expact will be very good
Work Culture is very good
Manager - PRODUCTION (Current Employee), QatarMarch 25, 2013
Pros: free
Cons: health
I have learned much knowledge here
concrete technology
ISO
FPE
Enjoyd the support from management and colleuges
Agitator driver (Former Employee), Tropicana Gold MineMarch 23, 2013
Pros: financial, savings
Cons: long hours
Work hours were 06:00 - 16:30. I learned that I am very skilled, and grew in my confidence in utilising my skills in a different environment.Management and co workers were supportive- a great team!
I did not find the job hard- I enjoyed the new challenges!
It was most enjoyable work.
fun work place,easygoing nice people. i enjoyed my time there
weighbridge and customer service operator (Former Employee), gosnells, perth, WAMarch 11, 2013
Pros: opportunities for overtime and also working at a different quarry if required
A typical day was very busy, i was constantly answering phones and dealing with our truck drivers, although it was busy i very much enjoyed it and felt as though i had made a difference for the company each day.
good people to work with
truck driver (Current Employee), wyongFebruary 14, 2013
Pros: 20 min from home
Cons: not enough hours
Driving a concrete truck in the central coast and newcastle areas.
Learning different slumps and how to drive a agi truck.
Good people very stricted on saftey
Great bunk of blokes
Getting the slumps right for customers
Being out doors
Management is unfair and inexperienced
Administration (Current Employee), Three Forks, MontanaJanuary 10, 2013
Pros: benefits are ok, workers are aces!
Cons: poor safety, pay is inadequate for the area, refuse to hire locals.
The people who work there are great but management doesn't have a clue. They definately have a problem with communication and their Human Resources department. Bottom line is they don't care about the workers and are going to do whatever they like in spite of Labor Relations...... Very unsafe and inexperienced.

January 26, 2013

The plant manager and operations manager say they support safety, but when the employees try to make changes, they are met with resistance. The plant manager is a control freak who cannot handle change and their safety program needs serious improvement. Too bad they got rid of the last safety manager over a lousy written policy that no one understands, because he really cared about the employees and was trying to improve the safety at the plant.

Not a bad place but I was looking for a better opportunity
Plant Supervisor. (Former Employee), Donnybrook and part time in Bunbury or CapelJanuary 6, 2013
Pros: work ute and autonomy
Cons: often 6 day weeks and lack of guidance, usually with the company it system
Depending on work load I would usually Batch and dispatch concrete orders early then attend to other matters such as Safety requirements, ordering stock, Driver rostering and do monthly stock takes as well as taking phone orders and inquiries. At times batching and delivering myself.
I learnt things such as scheduling loads, customer relations, batching – more... requirements, the importance of current Health and Safety systems and stock maintenance.
The company is a well managed company.
By and large my co-workers were very good people.
The hardest part of the job was keeping abreast of the many new management derived processes.
The most enjoyable part of the job was the interactions with both customers and co-workers. – less
Very fast paced, constant change , quality people, and chalenging
Michigan Terminal Operations (Current Employee), Grandville, MIDecember 31, 2012
Pros: pension, 401k, generous vacations and holidays.
Cons: amount of travel.
Holcim is a strong, ethical corporation. They have brought me through a labor position in a different state to managing mulitiple terminals and third party facilities. Co-workers have been great and most mentors are knowledable about others work life and chalenges. I manage both union and non-union employees.

Hardest part of the job is completing the – more... same work load with 40% of the original workforce. Most enjoyable is the diversity of the positions. You never have the same day twice in a week. – less
Very Disappointed
Someone who sincerely cares. (Former Employee), Three Forks, MTDecember 23, 2012
Pros: great workers; great benefits
Cons: a couple of distrustful managers
I was forced to resign after I violated an ambiguous safety policy. Instead of determining the root cause of the near miss with a thorough investigation using experts, the corrective action was to quietly fire me. It is absurd firing an employee on a poorly written policy and one that is not communicated or well trained. It was a lynching. Imagine how – more... this will affect the safety culture; no one will want to report near misses, safety hazards, or accidents allowing risk to continue. It is a shame since the employees really want an effective safety program; they just need the right safety professional and support by management (which apparently is lacking) to get the program going.

Not only are the policies poorly written, but not written by a safety expert. Employees are exposed to hazards just from following Trident's poorly-written policies and programs. Beware if you choose to work there. – less

1 2 3

About Holcim

There's nothing abstract about the concrete made by Holcim (US). The American arm of Swiss building products giant Holcim Ltd., – Read more

Holcim Photos