The Apprentice Electrician is primarily responsible for installing and terminating conduit wire, cable, equipment, panels, sensors, and various control components and devices for Hoisting Ltd. This position constructs and fabricates control panels/systems and installs interlocking wiring and performs wiring check out. The Apprentice Electrician also tests installed, repaired and/or modified equipment for proper performance and assists in ordering replacement equipment, parts and supplies. Other duties may be assigned as required.
- Analytical Thinking
- Install and terminate conduit wire, cable, equipment, panels, sensors, and various control components and devices
- Construct and fabricate control panels and rough and finish wiring and control systems,
- Install interlocking wiring and perform wiring check out
- Install system components and wiring in compliance with all required codes.
- Install, troubleshoot, repair and maintain electrical control circuits for motors and control devices for various electrical devices.
- Provide material take-offs for electrical facilities equipment requirements
- Propose changes or modifications to plans to enhance operation and efficiency of systems plans and specifications for facilities
- Ensure accuracy and completion of assigned tasks and projects
- Test installed/repaired/modified equipment for proper performance
- Clean, lubricate and perform other maintenance work
- Keep detailed and accurate maintenance reports and documentation
- Maintain a working knowledge of changes in technology, compliance and repair techniques
- Monitor parts usage and report on any materials issues
- Assist in ordering replacement equipment, parts and supplies
- Maintain safe working conditions and adhere to occupational health and safety regulations
- Assist in preparing preventative and predictive maintenance schedules
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Minimum 2nd year Apprentice, with at least 2 years' experience in Industrial or Commercial electrical field
High school diploma, GED or equivalent
- Registered as an apprentice through the Alberta Apprenticeship Board.
- Completion of college/CEGEP/vocational or technical training preferred.
- Should possess a valid Driver’s License
- Ability to work under the supervision of certified electricians, as part of a team and independently in a busy environment
- Experience with routine electrical maintenance operations an asset
- Highly flexible, with solid interpersonal skills that allow one to work effectively in a diverse working environment
- Able to effectively communicate both verbally and in writing
- Able to work well under pressure
- Strong attention to detail
- Able to deal with people sensitively, tactfully, diplomatically, and professionally at all times
- Understanding of Electrical drawings & Electrical parts and components
- Experience with overhead cranes an asset
Experience or skills using general hand or power tools in an industrial shop
- 24/7 availability may be required
- Physical ability to lift up to 50lb
- Travel to off-site locations may be required
- Safety equipment will be required, e.g. steel-toed safety boots, safety glasses, hard hat and hearing protection etc.
- Overtime as required
- Hazards associated with the trade
- Work both indoors and outdoors
- May be exposed to construction sites
RESPONSIBLE TO: Senior Project Manager
HOURLY RATE: $25-35 per hour depending on experience, with company health & dental and optional RRSP package
Please send resumes in the first instance by email in the 'Apply' section of this advertisement or by mail to ATTN: Terry at 1502 - 6 St, Nisku, AB T9E 7R7.
Only those selected for interview will be contacted.