Hoffman Chiropractic & Wellness Centre

Hoffman Chiropractic & Wellness Centre Employee Reviews

Not somewhere you get excited to be at- ever!
Medical Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Red Deer, AB14 March 2017
I worked here for a short period of time. The up and down look that management gave when you were greeted in the morning to ensure you were up to 'his' standard' was a huge red flag! Just a very ego based environment.
Pros
Long lunches
Cons
Everything else
Excellent workplace!
Communications Assistant (Current Employee) –  Red Deer, AB8 February 2017
I have been with the amazing team at Hoffman Chiropractic & Wellness Centre for the past year and a half, and would highly recommend this position to any highly motivated person who is looking for rewarding career. The atmosphere at the clinic is very friendly and supportive. The doctors are very talented, understanding, and accommodating. I get adjusted weekly and have never felt better; the staff healthy spending account is also a great perk. Co-workers are very friendly and really work together as a team to support each other. The patients are wonderful and it's so rewarding to see their progress, and really make a difference on a day-to-day basis!
not an ideal employer!
Chiropractic Assistant (Former Employee) –  Red Deer, Alberta11 June 2015
when you interview for this job, you are asked to describe your worst boss?...after working at this job your answer to the above question will change and probably be unanimous with all past employees.
the turnover at this office is incredible. good luck making it past your 3 month review.

some of the "perks":
no dental coverage
no prescription drug coverage
no direct deposit for payroll and only a small advance mid month
no bonuses (even though the ad states it, don't be fooled)
no paid vacation
no paid sick days/flex days
no piercings or tattoos
strict dress code
no room for error or to have fun or to be human
high stress/anxiety...constant criticism

the problem is 100% a management problem, more specifically an ego problem.

with that said the co-workers were wonderful, the associate doctor was great to work with, and the patients are very friendly.
Pros
great co-workers! great patients!
Cons
the list is long
Official response from Hoffman Chiropractic & Wellness Centre
3 October 2017

We apologize that your experience working at our office was anything less than wonderful. Employee satisfaction is always important to us. Accordingly, our staff retention average is several years and often employees only leave when their spouses relocate.
In response to your concerns, allow us to state that:
-there is, in addition to our Chamber group plan, coverage for dental and drugs available through our employee health spending accounts
-we do pay by direct deposit
-we do not advertise bonuses, but our perks such as complimentary chiropractic care and supplements at cost are often valued by employees
-vacation is paid on every cheque as required by Alberta Law
-our dress code is simply “professional attire” including scrubs from our patient care staff
-our approach is professional, patient-centred and caring, but there is always an understanding of human error (see the reviews from our long-time employees)
-Many employees report this as “the best job they ever had,” and we are saddened to hear that your experience was anything less.
All the best,

Hoffman Chiropractic & Wellness Centre

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Hoffman Chiropractic & Wellness Centre. Our community is ready to answer.

1.5