About the Hockey Hall of Fame
As a vibrant, state-of-the-art museum and place of entertainment and education, the Hockey Hall of Fame is entrusted with celebrating and preserving the integrity and history of the sport, honouring those individuals that have elevated and contributed significantly to the game, and invoking nationalism and positive change in society through the powerful tool which is hockey. The Hockey Hall of Fame represents all facets and levels of the game: from the NHL to international play; from women’s hockey to grassroots; and from the casual to the hardcore fan. The 65,000 square-foot facility is recognized and celebrated worldwide as the model for innovation and efficiencies in the sports hall of fame and museum field.
About this Position
The Co-ordinator, Group Sales and Promotions is an entry-level, full time permanent position reporting to the Manager, Marketing and Promotions. The Hockey Hall of Fame is seeking a creative, detail-oriented and sales-driven individual responsible for the development and execution of strategies and programs designed to generate group, FIT and travel package business. This position is generally standard business hours however some evening and weekend work may be required.
- Build and foster relationships with existing and potential group clients through tour, sales call, outreach and networking opportunities
- Develop and execute strategies to generate new group business in both grassroots and unconventional markets
- Package, promote and organize fulfillment of travel packages
- Establish relationships with fellow associates in the travel and sports industry
- Build and manage a vibrant database
- Grow and maintain corporate ticket sales programs
- Create and analyze marketing surveys
- Develop and execute event plans, critical paths and itineraries for outreach events
- Collaborate as a member of the Marketing Team, in the creation and implementation of special events and programs
- TICO Travel Counsellor Certification is required. The TICO Supervisor/Manager certification is a strong asset.
- Minimum of 3 years related sales experience in the hospitality/tourism industry
- Strong organizational, interpersonal, negotiation and customer service skills
- Deadline-focused ability to manage multiple tasks/projects simultaneously
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint
- Considerable knowledge of the game of hockey
Send your resume and a cover letter outlining notable accomplishments no later than Friday, April 25.
Indeed - 8 months ago
copy to clipboard
As a vibrant, state-of-the-art museum and place of entertainment and education, the Hockey Hall of Fame is entrusted with celebrating and...