Hockey Canada Employee Reviews

Very Good place for working
Bilingual Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB18 October 2017
Working at Hockey Canada was a very good experience. People are really kind and ready to help. We have free ticket for games in Saddledom in Calgary.
I really appreciated working with Hockey Canada.
Pros
Good Managers
Fun
Hockey Referee (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB24 August 2017
Good company if you could be hired for more games they need to have a different hirring program instead of ramp interactive so its easier and not as confussing
A Fun First Job For Young Hockey Players
Linesman/ Referee (Former Employee) –  Surrey, BC25 June 2017
As a hockey player myself, being a referee was a fun and exciting job to make some money. Your schedule is almost entirely up to you and you chose what games and position you want to do. The only issue I had was the trouble I had to move up and referee higher levels of hockey. It seemed the only ones that moved up were those the referee in chief liked or had coached.
Fantastic
Referee (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB9 May 2017
Refereeing hockey is by far the best job i have as it is very flexible for hours and pays extremely well, and if you set your availibilty open to ref enough games you will make some serious cash
On Ice Official
Level 4 On-Ice Official (Current Employee) –  Ontario10 April 2017
As an on ice official for the past 17 years I do not have any complaints. The majority of my friends today are from that reffing community. It can be stressful but it's worth it!
Pay really well, great group of people
On-Ice and Off-Ice Assistant Coach (Former Employee) –  calgary11 February 2017
Really great group of people, they pay really well. It is a dream company to work for. I worked on the on ice instructors team, and they provided you with the tools to succeed
Productive and fun workplace
6- knowing new people
7- challenging job
Emplois possibilité faible de Gradué
Repentigny, Qc (Former Employee) –  Repentigny, QC18 August 2016
Emplois à temps partiel mais très agréable ... beaucoup de chalenge tous en restant en très bonne forme physique .. travail qui demande énormément de sang froid puisqu'il y a énormément de bruit de parents d'entraineurs et de joueur non satisfait du travail effectuer ..

L'aspect le plus difficile est le travail de fin de soirée la fin de semaine donc difficile de gardez un aspect familiale solide et que cette entreprise est gérer de manière amical donc difficile de graduer si tu possède pas une affinité avec les patrons ..
Pros
sang froid
Cons
patron
If you love Hockey and have thick skin, the Referee position is for you.
Referee (Former Employee) –  Prince George, BC27 April 2016
Lots of refs did not know the proper rules and did not take things all that seriously. Was sometimes exciting but more than anything it was very cold. We weren't allowed to wear gloves which led to almost frost bite on many occasions.
ICE HOCKEY OFFICIAL (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB20 September 2015
This doesn't feel like work. I am passionate about what I do and it is great. blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah bc baby ne a nene
volunteer organizing committee
(Volunteer) - World Women's (Former Employee) –  Volunteer management23 August 2013
work with media
work with the different international teams
Working with Hockey Canada is a wonderful opportunity because I was able to work with good co-workers
Computer Programmer (Former Employee) –  801 King Edward, ottawa ontario21 March 2013
Working in Hockey Canada enables me to leaned to worked in multi-skilled team and this enables me to understand and learned different and better approach to do my task.

On this project we are 6 developers, and my task is to developed and enhanced the HCR, Karma and eHockey; Create and design tables and stored procedures, Write a code for data access layer, and business layer, and design some user interface.
Enjoyed every minute I worked at that location
Computer Technician/IT Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON14 February 2013
Co-workers were very helpful. The atmosphere was always positive.
Pros
several company gatherings during the year
productive, very fun, freindly workplace
Hockey Referee / Linesmen (Current Employee) –  Stoney Creek, ON11 February 2013
enjoy working for hockey canada
great expirience with people
Hockey Canada
Minor Hockey Official (Current Employee) –  Holland, MB and London, ON4 February 2013
I absolutely love officiating hockey. It is a very rewarding way to earn a couple of bucks here and there.

There are many reasons why I love this job. First of all, it's a great way to use my logic and ability to make quick decisions. I also love being in control of the game. There's just something about being on the ice with everyone watching you, and counting on you to keep control of a game; I guess you could say that I thrive off of the pressure it brings.

I also enjoy the 'brotherhood' of fellow officials. It's a real team atmosphere that rivals actually playing on a hockey team. I absolutely love this job!