HOBART SERVICE Employee Reviews

Terrible management
Customer Care (Current Employee) –  Ohio11 February 2018
Benefits are great, management is terrible. Lots of favoritism, zero communication, no performance reviews until you've worked there for 6 months. Department manager could care less
Benefits
Cons
Management, no communication
Looks Good on Paper, But in Practice....
CLERICAL ASSISTANT AND DISPATCHER (Current Employee) –  New York, NY7 February 2018
A Fortune 200 Company with 100 years of history, so they are doing something right, just not sure that the NYC market is where they are doing it. NYC has unique demands that I don't feel are addressed properly by the head office. I work with great people, no issues with staff whatsoever. The things that frustrate me about this position are likely to never change. Not all technicians are cross trained in all equipment, so dispatching is always a challenge. Customers are demanding and quick to go above you on the corporate ladder when they feel they are not being serviced in a manner they feel they deserve. No matter how carefully planned the dispatch board is, there is something almost daily that pops up that throws everything into chaos, usually demands from premier customers or third party vendors representing large accounts, or technician absences. I have never worked anywhere so negatively impacted by employee absences. Contracts are poorly written and difficult to understand. Playing a game of catch up while running at a constant deficit is what my role feels like, and the cons way outweigh the pros in this role. To be fair, the branch is undergoing a major restructuring under new management, and I have the utmost faith that they will rebuild successfully, however this role is not one I can envision myself in for an extended period of time.
Pros
Convenient commute
Cons
Tasks that should be simple are made unnecessarily convoluted. Way too many cooks spoiling the soup.
Excelente
Technician (Former Employee) –  Puerto Rico4 February 2018
Muy profesional, buen servicio, obtuve mucha experiencia y conocimiento.
Ok
Customer Care (Current Employee) –  Ohio8 January 2018
Inconsistent, contradictory, slow to make decisions, does not collaborate before making decisions (within the departments and outside).

Flexible days off, will work around family as long as you do your part.
Pros
Co-workers
Cons
Food Equipment Group Service Technician (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OH5 January 2018
This is definitely a career based filed that will set you up for success if you are looking for it. Willing to teach, instruct, and assist in the fast and required learning curve that comes with everyday practices.
Pros
Awesome benefits
Cons
Everyday can be different and challenging
Poor Management / Team Interaction
Technical Writer (Former Employee) –  Troy OH28 November 2017
I have never worked at a company (in any position) that had such a disfunctional team environment. Favoritism, poor definition of expectations, failure to follow-through, inflated egos, lack of communication - this place is about the worst.
Pros
Technical support staff are excellent
Fun job and relaxed atmosphere
Office Coordinator and Dispatcher (Former Employee) –  South Plainfield, NJ2 October 2017
Office associate..small office with branch manager and 15 service techs..dispatched tech to service customers..and led all. Service paper work..answered
Phones.called customers and handled collections..schedule service dates and made daily reports..made daily deposits..accounts payable and accounts receivable..handled refunds
Pros
Very good expierence working environment
Cons
Office was very small
not into sports
Installation Technician (Current Employee) –  Boston, MA1 August 2017
The most thing I like this job is we get along and we get to travel a lot .Daily we find different ways to do the job. The hardest part of the job is sometime they sent me back home with half day paid. And I am full time.
Pros
credit card and vehicle, etc
Cons
working night job, etc
Fast paced
Repair Tech 2 (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OH6 June 2017
Good place to work if you're able to get fully trained. You have to meet a monthly quota. The driving to and from different jobs all around central ohio was neat and got to see a lot of things and drove on roads and interstates I had never been on before.
Pros
Good salary and benefits
Cons
Due to techs retiring and some on disability i was not able to receive full training, and attend all the training schools, manager was inexperienced
service tech
Hobart sales and services service technician (Former Employee) –  Fort Myers, FL24 April 2017
great place to work but the coworkers are rude and they wont help you if you need the help in fact they wont even answer the call, management level are Very aggressive on the attitude.
Top Heavy
Service Technician (Former Employee) –  Dedham, MA30 March 2017
ITW serves it's shareholders by taking the ax to employee benefits and pay. Numerous raise freezes and continuously cutting benefits. No care for customer needs anymore.
Pros
job security
Cons
pay/benefits
Field Service Technician (Former Employee) –  Michigan28 February 2017
Good place to work, provide tools and training, and allow you to make mistakes, everyone seems willing to help out each other if needed. I had a good manager in Detroit and the employees all seemed to be happy with management. However the office personnel, and dispatcher were very difficult to get along with. No communication between dispatch and office staff and the technicians they were supposed to be supporting and assisting. tension between many techs and dispatch and office personnel. Management said they would address the issue but it didn't change too much. added stress to an already hard job. They worked on everything instead of having a few techs specialize in just a few things they expected you to know everything except refrigeration.
Pros
tools, training, helpfull technicians
Cons
dispatcher, office personnel, expected to know to much
An excellent company to work for.
Service Technician (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FL6 February 2017
A very well organized service company to work for with good benefits and the ability to work on your own if you are a qualified technician.
Terrible company.
Installer (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PA9 January 2017
Would not recommend this company to my worst enemy. They are big on doing safety lessons every month but at the same time put you in unsafe situations.
Hobart is a very good job
Kitchen Technician/ install tech (Current Employee) –  Fenton, MO28 December 2016
I travel around the city working on all different types of kitchen equipment... Hobart sends us to school for this equipment, but it is hard to retain all the knowledge that we learn in school. You have to be mechanically inclined to do this job.. The techs here contact each other if they have any problems working on a unit..Management is easy to work with most of the time.. I guess the hardest thing about this job is working in some areas that are wet, nasty and you run into the occasional cockroach ..Other then that, its really not a hard job..
I'm just looking to get back into some refrigeration or HVAC
Pros
Monday thr Friday 8 to 4
Cons
on call 24/7 ones a month, but its not to bad
bad review
technician (Former Employee) –  florida20 January 2016
they have been running this employment ad for years.
they have an employment sign in front of their business.

they offer low pay
this is not a warm and fuzzy company to work for

the management is always changing
Pros
no pros about this company
Cons
the company over charges customers and underpays employees
Official response from HOBART SERVICE
27 April 2016

As a growing nationwide Food Equipment Repair company, we do indeed always have open career opportunities. We are proud of our below industry turnover rate, competitive pay and benefit package. We welcome any additional information about your particular experience. Please visit our web page and click on the Contact Us link.

Best Job I've Had
Food Equipment Service Technician (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PA13 December 2014
There is no such thing as a typical day. There are so many different types of equipment at so many different sites that it would be impossible to do the same thing two days in a row. I Learned so much in such a short amount of time, Hobart provides factory training and all the technical support you could need. Management is great, very understanding and supportive. My co-workers are excellent, they are always willing to help and have yet to let me down. Of course there are bad days (few and far between). Being stuck on a frustrating call for most of the day or being called out afterhours but, all in all Hobart is a great company to work for and i would recommend it to anyone.
Pros
Great Benefits and Training
Hobart Service horrible company and management
field service technician (Former Employee) –  lenexa, ks31 March 2014
Horrible company and management in Lenexa Kansas. Parts not provided for service vehicles. Overcharging customers was common practice. Horrible leadership and management. Very bad morale.
benefits
Cons
too many to mention
Fun, and can be hard at times
Service Technician (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZ14 March 2014
Good company to work for. A typical work day starts by receiving a page to go visit a customer who has a probem with his/her kitchen equipment.
Great Team atmosphere
Parts Coordinator/Office Manager (Former Employee) –  Fresno, CA17 April 2013
My experience working here was completely positive. The Branch Manager worked at making it a good environment. The job itself made the day go by because it was fast paced and I was able to utilize my customer service skills regularly. The hardest part of the job was also the most enjoyable part of the job and that was the challenge to get everything done each day that could not wait until the next day.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at HOBART SERVICE. Our community is ready to answer.