HOBART SERVICE Employee Reviews

Top Heavy
Service Technician (Former Employee) –  Dedham, MA30 March 2017
ITW serves it's shareholders by taking the ax to employee benefits and pay. Numerous raise freezes and continuously cutting benefits. No care for customer needs anymore.
Pros
job security
Cons
pay/benefits
An excellent company to work for.
Service Technician (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FL6 February 2017
A very well organized service company to work for with good benefits and the ability to work on your own if you are a qualified technician.
Terrible company.
Installer (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PA9 January 2017
Would not recommend this company to my worst enemy. They are big on doing safety lessons every month but at the same time put you in unsafe situations.
Hobart is a very good job
Kitchen Technician/ install tech (Current Employee) –  Fenton, MO28 December 2016
I travel around the city working on all different types of kitchen equipment... Hobart sends us to school for this equipment, but it is hard to retain all the knowledge that we learn in school. You have to be mechanically inclined to do this job.. The techs here contact each other if they have any problems working on a unit..Management is easy to work with most of the time.. I guess the hardest thing about this job is working in some areas that are wet, nasty and you run into the occasional cockroach ..Other then that, its really not a hard job..
I'm just looking to get back into some refrigeration or HVAC
Pros
Monday thr Friday 8 to 4
Cons
on call 24/7 ones a month, but its not to bad
bad review
technician (Former Employee) –  florida20 January 2016
they have been running this employment ad for years.
they have an employment sign in front of their business.

they offer low pay
this is not a warm and fuzzy company to work for

the management is always changing
Pros
no pros about this company
Cons
the company over charges customers and underpays employees
Official response from HOBART SERVICE
27 April 2016

As a growing nationwide Food Equipment Repair company, we do indeed always have open career opportunities. We are proud of our below industry turnover rate, competitive pay and benefit package. We welcome any additional information about your particular experience. Please visit our web page and click on the Contact Us link.

Best Job I've Had
Food Equipment Service Technician (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PA13 December 2014
There is no such thing as a typical day. There are so many different types of equipment at so many different sites that it would be impossible to do the same thing two days in a row. I Learned so much in such a short amount of time, Hobart provides factory training and all the technical support you could need. Management is great, very understanding and supportive. My co-workers are excellent, they are always willing to help and have yet to let me down. Of course there are bad days (few and far between). Being stuck on a frustrating call for most of the day or being called out afterhours but, all in all Hobart is a great company to work for and i would recommend it to anyone.
Pros
Great Benefits and Training
Hobart Service horrible company and management
field service technician (Former Employee) –  lenexa, ks31 March 2014
Horrible company and management in Lenexa Kansas. Parts not provided for service vehicles. Overcharging customers was common practice. Horrible leadership and management. Very bad morale.
benefits
Cons
too many to mention
Fun, and can be hard at times
Service Technician (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZ14 March 2014
Good company to work for. A typical work day starts by receiving a page to go visit a customer who has a probem with his/her kitchen equipment.
Great Team atmosphere
Parts Coordinator/Office Manager (Former Employee) –  Fresno, CA17 April 2013
My experience working here was completely positive. The Branch Manager worked at making it a good environment. The job itself made the day go by because it was fast paced and I was able to utilize my customer service skills regularly. The hardest part of the job was also the most enjoyable part of the job and that was the challenge to get everything done each day that could not wait until the next day.
People loving problem solver here...
Collections, Administrative (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PA21 February 2013
more to be disclosed

Great company

Remodeling office

Lots of people retire with this company, have been here for 30+ years
Pros
great benefils
Cons
old boy system
Service Technician (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FL7 June 2012
Hobart is an old company as companies go today(100+ years), however, there is a lot of politics, waste, not a worker friendly place, and business and only busines (no Christmas parties, office get togethers, etc.).
Pros
fair benifits (medical, dental, etc.)
Cons
never know if you are going to be laid off until it happens then surprise!

Ask a question about working or interviewing at HOBART SERVICE. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9