HMSHost

HMSHost Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Work
Shift Lead (Former Employee), North East, MDMarch 5, 2014
Pros: great people, free lunch
Cons: not sure, .
Very fun place to work. loved the people they had everything set up great. A lot of people come through but most of em are good people and easy to learn. hard part was learning to understand other nationalities language.
RUBY, NY HMSHost
Cashier (Former Employee), Ruby, NYFebruary 24, 2014
Cons: many
I would arrive at work and my co-workers were too busy to be bothered to carry their weight. My night manager would sit in a chair and tell us what to do.
Assistant Manager I (Former Employee), Elizabeth, NJFebruary 13, 2014
Pros: free lunches
Cons: short breaks
Supervised food preparation, checked on sales, managed staff schedule
Great Family environment
Temp Accounts Payable (Current Employee), Bethesda, MDFebruary 11, 2014
Certain items I can not comment on because I am Temping. I have learned a great deal. They are great at teaching you anything you would like to learn. Part of the company was recently purchased by WDFG and the work is limited right now.
Fun People
Supervisor (Former Employee), Portland, ORJanuary 28, 2014
Team Members were great. They provided a positive work environment.
terrible place to work
bartender (Former Employee), salt lake cityJanuary 22, 2014
Cons: everything
No management... No breaks ... They will fire you if you make one mistake. Money is good but everyone is on edge worried about losing their job .
Horrible Management
Employee (Current Employee), Portland, ORJanuary 20, 2014
Pros: co workers are wonderful to work with
Cons: schedule is never posted until 2 days before it starts
The management is terrible. Our work schedules are never posted until 2 days before we are scheduled to work. The turnover is rapidly increasing. The employees who have worked for this company for years are leaving the company because of workplace issues that never get resolved. New hire employees are given empty promises of full time hours and benefits – more... but the reality is that unless you work 35 hrs a week every week for months you will never receive the benefits. – less
Poor management and communication
cashroom clerk (Former Employee), atlanta, gaJanuary 19, 2014
Pros: lunches purchased for management, paid parking
Cons: poor management, working environment
POOR MANAGEMENT AND COMMUNICATION, they do not properly communicate. Lack of respect for individuals and poor treatment of employees. Hard to work for if you have a family especially when it comes to requesting time off. Very small pay raises including infrequent yearly raises. Pay sucks considering the position I was hired for.
Horrible work expeirence
Utility (Former Employee), Tampa International Airport- Tampa,FlJanuary 19, 2014
Cons: rude hr, schelduled for days i couldnt work
I worked there for almost three months. In the beginning it was nice. I loved my job. Even though it took two hours to get there by bus. And then towards the end, I was sick with a bad kidney infection. I was in the hospital for 12 days. And during my hospital stay, I called my manager and told them. When I first started working there, I told them I – more... couldnt work Tuesdays. And yet they still schelduled me to work on those days. I didnt work many hours during the week. And I know this was my first job. And there was a day I couldnt come in. So I called my manager and he didnt answer, so I left a message. Hours later and still no call. So I called a few more times. Still no answer. And then I get an email from HR. And said I was fired. No warning or anything. And they said to turn in my badge or they'll call the police. I mailed it in. And they recieved it. Then I emailed the HR person and asked for my food and safety certificate. And she said they were sent to the associates home. I told her I never recieved it. And then she got real nasty with me. And I asked her for a termination letter each time I emailed her. Because I needed it. And she never said anything about it. And I got a 100% on that food and safety test. And I still dont have it. – less
worst company ever
Bartender (Former Employee), Charlotte Douglas AirportJanuary 18, 2014
Pros: coupon for food
Cons: management horrible..
I worked for HMS host for over a year..I saw that they underpay hourly employees and write you up if you hit overtime. A multi billion dollar company cant afford overtime?? In my case I had benefits..but they were dropped because my hours averaged 1 hour less than full time. My managers were never around..always eating. or outside smoking. If they were – more... there..they talked to you like you were 5. I worked at a Wine bar at Charlotte Douglas and my manager said "no snack bar attendent will ever work here" And she made sure noone who wanted to transfer did not make it..making excuses.."they didnt pass the ingredient test" Me personally I have a disease and was suspended and fired for it..They changed their mind knowing it was illegal to do so..but offered instead a bartender position..a dishwasher or cashier position for 8 an hour..when I couldn't take the pay decrease..I was asked to resign..do not work here..please!!! – less
enjoyable
Accounting Clerk 1 (Current Employee), Concord, NCJanuary 15, 2014
Pros: free employee meals
Cons: work most holidays
These folks have taught me that you can still care about people and be professional too.
Management makes your job miserable
associate (Current Employee), clyde, ohioJanuary 12, 2014
Pros: convience
Cons: management- obviously
At first, I really loved this job, but after a few years and some shifting in management, it has become unbareable. The people highest up have even been informed about certain managers and have taken no action. A typical day here is not bad if a certain someone is not present, but if they are, the enviroment is hostile and uncomfortable. The co-workers – more... are great people who do not deserve such harsh treatment. No one will stick with this company long because of the problem no one fixes- MANAGEMENT. – less
Informative
Project Manager (Former Employee), IndiaJanuary 9, 2014
Work with good learning and fun. I learned a lot working in this project. Client interactions were smooth
productive and fun workplace with all my co-worker
Sales Audit Analyst (Current Employee), Bethesda, MDJanuary 8, 2014
auditing sales and cash by location. Ensure that all revenue is accurately booked and that cash is audited and matches to cash submitted by the field and to submit timely and accurate over short notifications. i am responsible for auditing and researching unclean data coming into Balance. i learned how to resolves internal and external conflict situation – more... effectively.I always do my best to work correctly and check my progress to make sure stays ahead of the curve and turns in quality results. I am able to identify and report issue independently. i enjoy my work all the time. I am eager to help others and promote a positive atmosphre in the wokplace. we are help each other. – less
It was a good first decent job
Food Prep (Former Employee), Jacksonville, FLJanuary 6, 2014
Pros: free food, steady hours, decent environment.
Cons: never got my benefits when promised.
I have had 2 other jobs before this one, but this one was a good long term job. Free food, able to transfer to different places, always busy. Didn't like the fact that they never gave me my benefits when they said they was suppose to give them to me. Other than that the managers at my location were nice, but didn't know how to do the job well sometimes.
Great work environment with exceptional employees and a great management team.
Starbucks Barista (Former Employee), Anchorage, AKDecember 17, 2013
Pros: great benefits packages for full time employees, opportunity for advancement as well as opportunity to crosstrain to different positions, flexible and accommodating scheduling, free employee parking, breaks with $15 per shift for meals.
Cons: food service jobs only
HMS Host is a great place to work if you love customer service oriented jobs. There are many positions available in the various franchises run by the company, allowing you to have a work experience more tailored to your individual abilities and interests.
amazing!!!!!!
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee), Kennebunk, MENovember 26, 2013
I was here for 2 years. the people are awesome. if I ever move back to this area I will deffinitley work here again, never a dull moment.
Productive Work Environment
Supervisor (Current Employee), Orlando, FLNovember 23, 2013
My most enjoyable part of my job is my customer interaction. My goal is to make sure that each customer leaves happy. Our motto is "Making the Travlers Day Better", and I do that with each customer.
bad
Cashier (Former Employee), Orlando International AirportNovember 15, 2013
Pros: lunch up to allotted amount
Cons: attendance policy, lack of healthcare
I worked for HMS for two years when I got diagnosed with asthma. They did transfer me from Sbarros to Brioche. The problem is that I was having asthma attacks which made me go to the hospital. Although I had doctors excuses I was told it still counted as an absence. The attendance policy is not realistic for people get sick, their kids and you're still – more... expected to cone to work sick.Also, management sucks! – less
Worst company I have ever had the displeasure of working for
barista (Former Employee), O'Hare, Chicago, ILNovember 14, 2013
Pros: lunch is paid for, healthcare
Cons: terrible management, coworkers had poor customer service skills
Bad management from upper management to lower management, not a lick of logic to be seen anywhere. How this company is even still running is beyond me. If you are going to work here, expect unprofessionalism and incompetence all day, everyday. Once working for them, I found myself looking for a new job within 2-3 months from my start date.

About HMSHost

HMSHost is part of Autogrill S.p.A. – the world’s largest provider of food and beverage services for travelers. Along – Read more