HMSHost Employee Reviews

Co workers were great to work with
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Innisfil, ON31 January 2016
I think that if the HMS I worked at would get new management I would have stayed longer but due to bad management I wouldnt stay
Cons
management
Don't hurt your head there's better place to work
2 cook (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON19 January 2016
Run pls run don't even look at this company. They will let u lose your stander has a cook. If your not like they will pick on until you quit or they fire you. The union is a joke they work for the company not the workers. Your head of HR don't know how to talk to the employees. Then that leads to the manger and peer mangers who really don't know how to deal with employees. You have about 5 manger that work for this company who know how talk to there employees. PLS RUN DONT WORK FOR THE HMS HOST IN THE AIRPORT in Toronto
Pros
Some of the staff if they not back stabbing
Cons
The management from HR to the little mangers
Not alright.
cashier (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QC26 November 2015
I've been in the company for years on end, and when I started there things were amazing but after I transferred things went down hill especially with the management I have now. Well let's not say all of them just a few.
Pros
Union, co workers
Cons
Disrespectful management team, lack of consideration, talks about employees behind their backs, irrelevant work that's not in your job description.
Balance and fair employment
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB19 November 2015
Its a company with a fair treatment of all the employee great opportunity for career improvement. with a friendly and safe working environment. promotes peoples first culture.
Pros
nice benefits
Cons
very fun place to work at
Cashier/Bartender Gate5 (Current Employee) –  Dorval, QC7 November 2015
This company is really reliable, the people on your team become like you family. Salary is not bad and if you work at a restaurant with tip it can really add up. Managers are nice and reliable.
Pros
50% off lunches
Cons
very long hours a day.
Fast paced, sometimes hectic workplace with an overall positive attitude
Food Service Worker (Current Employee) –  Newcastle, ON3 November 2015
HMS Host has taught me about customer service, brand loyalty and the transition from one brand to another. I believe the hardest part of the job is to keep up with customer demands through drive through.
Pros
Positive Work Environment
Cons
Not enough hours
Part-time care full time
Palliser Lounge Attendant (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB30 October 2015
A wonderful company, working in a lounge part-time with many experiences in my short time. From opening up, to closing, serving food and drink, to being a "door man", this company showed it cared with each employee. The managers and supervisors took the time to ask you about your day, reviewed your work, and treated you as best they could.

I enjoyed my experiences with HMS Host, and would recommend it to anyone else as a positive work experience.
Pros
Flexible hours, TIPS
Productive workplace
Cashier\ Barista (Former Employee) –  Dorval, QC4 October 2015
I enjoyed meeting new people . I am more open. The hardest part was when I have to prepare 6 sandwiches while serving other things such as: cookies, muffins and tea. Hopefully, I had my coworker so I was not alone.
HMS HOST INT. (YUL)
Stock Keeper (Former Employee) –  Dorval, QC17 July 2015
Commissary. Lots of lifting thats about it. pretty unorganized and they work use their seniority for just about any excuse.
Pros
% off most food places.
Cons
can only have % off during lunch.
I work as a cashroom clerk
Cashroom Clerk (Current Employee) –  Dorval, QC30 June 2015
count money, refill cash bags
how to balance the day, how to order money from the bank
hardest part of the job is having to work in a smaller space
Pros
Free meals
Cons
Great place to work for students!
Cashier/Barman (Current Employee) –  Dorval, QC25 June 2015
Great place to work for College students that are seeking a stable shift environment. The managers are also friendly and provide interesting incentives to up sale.
Pros
75% and 50% discount during break!
Cons
the pay is minimum and the union are not helpful...
Terrible Management
Tim Hortons (Former Employee) –  Port Hope, ON27 April 2015
Throughout working at HMS in Port Hope, I've dealt with a lack of management. They had a lack of experience and care for the workplace.
Pros
Okay hours
Cons
Terrible Management
Productive and fun place to work
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Calgary International Airport, Calgary20 April 2015
I quickly learned how to adapt in a results-driven environment. Every single employee is willing to help and extend their expertise.
Horrible, life sucking job
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Newcatle19 April 2015
Favortism, poor wages, overworked and bad management. Would never suggest anyone works for this company. The managers lie and treat employees like they are nothing. High turnover rates because nobody can stand being treated like garbage. High stress environment
Pros
staff employee meals
Cons
eveeything else
fun workplace
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  toronto, on14 April 2015
productive work experience
enjoyed customer interaction
flexible shifts
less hours
lack of team work from co-workers
Pros
employee discounts
Cons
less hours
Worst company to work for in the GTA North
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  GTA9 April 2015
Worst company to work for. They don't care about the employees. They choose favouritism over employees that do their job properly. Employees get treated unfairly. Management does a very poor job at running the locations. They do not care about politicies and procedures
Working Atmosphere is good.
CR CLERK (Current Employee) –  Calgary Airport10 December 2014
The HMS Host is a great company with good management. The working atmosphere is good. I have learnt a lot with HMS Host.
Not for everyone.
2nd Cook (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC20 November 2014
This job is not the best in the world the management is all over the place. Equipment is way over due and needs updating and repairs. The people are great but when it come down to stress it can be high more often then low. The salary is great depending on your job which can actually be a great factor and the tips are awesome that is if you work for tips. The hardest part of this job would have been the process of getting a day off even when advanced notice has been given long before the day. Consistent reminders are required when it comes to almost anything to do with any restaurant. But if your looking for a job that pays out a lot with a lot of hours but only need it for a short time go for it but YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED! Also no eating for free unless the mangers say yes, but there it discounts at a lot of polices on food.
Pros
hours and salary is great
Cons
Management sucks
Very conformable environment with coworkers
cook (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON10 November 2014
Great customer service experience meet new people everyday.
coustmer service
coustmer service (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB29 October 2014
i worked at edmonton international airport ........... at work experienced in taking food order , operating cash registers and safely handling food while checking for proper temprature ... management is so good ... friendly enviorment at work . co workers are friendly and helpful with me while work .
Pros
free lunch