HMSHost

HMSHost Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Horrible, life sucking job
Supervisor (Former Employee), NewcatleApril 19, 2015
Pros: staff employee meals
Cons: eveeything else
Favortism, poor wages, overworked and bad management. Would never suggest anyone works for this company. The managers lie and treat employees like they are nothing. High turnover rates because nobody can stand being treated like garbage. High stress environment
Worst company to work for in the GTA North
Supervisor (Current Employee), GTAApril 9, 2015
Worst company to work for. They don't care about the employees. They choose favouritism over employees that do their job properly. Employees get treated unfairly. Management does a very poor job at running the locations. They do not care about politicies and procedures
Not worth the stress
Cashier (Former Employee), Port HopeOctober 21, 2014
Pros: met some good friends
Cons: no raises, no promotions, no follow through
No follow through from management on rules, a lot of stuff are never fully trained, little to no chance of getting a raise or a promotion. You are replaceable. Extremely stressful and fast paced at time. If someone calls in they do not fill the shift just to save money.
expected to do more
Multi-store Supervisor (Current Employee), Edmonton, ABOctober 19, 2014
Short staff all the time. and expected to do more then job description.
all good hard workers but paid low and your just a number
not saying (Current Employee), edmonton, albertaOctober 6, 2014
Pros: people that you meet
Cons: morale
So unfortunate that there are so many good people that work there and all they are is a number, they work so hard, work extra for not very much for wages. Even supervisors or management do not get paid right for what they do. And the thing about here is that it is in the middle of no where so to travel here costs. It is just disheartening that a international and successful company would run this way.
Dust hazardous, neglected, forgotten about hours after my shift
Cashier (Former Employee), DorvalMarch 22, 2014
Pros: some very nice co-workers
I was very excited to be working at the airport.
But my first day I went home crying. The managers were incredibly rude, they did not have any kind of good feelings about anyone, everyone was considered a threat. I was told I was going to be selling sandwiches and drinks for a fancy restaurant ( outside of it ) and they put me in this corner, selling 23$ sandwiches, 2 week old moldy cheese platters, and I got hospitalized for the amount of dust I was inhaling. Yes, I was dusting constantly during the day ( with paper towels, no duster was given), but the air was so bad that there was no catching up with it. I started having blood coming out of my ears, couldn't breathe and I told the management, nobody really bothered doing anything or looking into it. I worked there four months, made maybe 8$ a day at my booth and had no chair for my 8 hours ( sometimes 9 or 10, depending on when they decided to check me out to go home, I've been forgotten about several times ). I had customers complain to management to at least get me a chair but there was no chance of it. I was supposed to start with minimum wage but they messed up and somehow started me off at 8$ ( like the waitresses inside that made 200$ in tips everyday) and it took a few weeks for them to fix that. I also have been harassed and been called several things from customers for selling very old, WAY overpriced 3 slices of cheese and I really hated it. I would love to work at the airport again, but I will stay away from HMS. Please submit with caution, it truly was a horrible job with horrible management. Take advantage of being unionized.. I didn't.
This was a few years ago, maybe theres a chance things have changed, I very much hope so!
management are too young
cleaner (Former Employee), kingston ont canadaDecember 2, 2013
Pros: meeting interesting people from different countrys
Cons: terrible management, to many chiefs and not enough indians
i was a cleaner here from aug/13 to nov/13.never got my probation over.i am a 56 year old woman who loved this job so much.i met alot of nice customers who always came back.i was told right from the start not to mingle with anybody from the brands because i will get caught up in all the drama.well i did not listen.i had fun with anyone i talked too.i got let go a few days before my probation.3 weeks later i find out it was because i apparently made sexual comments to other employees.well i should have listened the first time.i did no such thing to anyone there.99% of the employees are teens to in their early thirties.thats the age of my kids.dont think so.it takes something i said to some young kid to manifest it into something huge.management and staff are all around the same age.so whats that tell you.all their brains think alike.no matureity yet.
Tim Hortons
Hostess (Former Employee), VariousSeptember 19, 2013
Pros: some places pay for lunch break
Cons: no raises, no respect, talking down, bad mgmt.
I've worked many of these restaurants. Management is horrible . Pay is always low, at one place I had a store owner laugh at my face for asking for a raise on my third year. Favorites, short breaks, no respect and confrontation instead of constructed criticizes. If you are a glutton for punishment. You will work here.
Interesting job, able to meet so many people
Customer Relations Associate (Current Employee), Edmonton International AirportApril 3, 2013
Pros: free food
Meet and greet guests, make them comfortable. Nice place to work, with very nice colleagues.
unproductive, bad working environment
cashier (Current Employee), dorvalJanuary 31, 2013
Pros: insurance
Cons: short breaks, sometimes no breaks due to lack of staff, no advancement, little tips
I have worked for this company and i am very dissatisfied with poor mangement, careless supervisors and managers with bad attitudes. i am very frustrated with having to deal with co-workers with bad customer service. Managers change my schedule without advising me first and ask me to do jobs that are not part of my duties.

About HMSHost

HMSHost is part of Autogrill S.p.A. – the world’s largest provider of food and beverage services for travelers. Along – Read more