HMS Host

HMS Host Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
This company is Great.
Assistant Manager (Current Employee), calgary AbMarch 14, 2014
Working in this company is really Great everyone is treated fairly they are strongly promoting the People first Environment.
fun workplace
Barista (Current Employee), Calgary, ABJanuary 29, 2014
Pros: free lunch
I really like working at HMS HOST Starbucks because its a really fun place to work at. There is 6 starbucks at the YYC airport so I get to work in all of them which is so entertaining, that way I can gain more customer service skills and meet new people.
Loved my job!
Market Sales Associate/Cashier (Former Employee), Port Hope, ONNovember 4, 2013
Pros: great people and boss
Cons: not enough hours
At the Market I absolutely loved my job! The people I worked with became like another family to me and my boss was very flexible and understanding with my hours. The only down side to my job was that I wasn't making as much as I needed to support a family.
Team oriented workplace with superior management !
Associate Leader (Current Employee), Ingleside, ONNovember 4, 2013
Pros: benefits, free lunches, team players
Cons: short staffed, off seasons
I have worked at HMS Host for a little over two years and in that time I have learned many new skills. Everyone there is a team player, all hard working individuals. Management are always willing and ready to step in and give a helping hand and helpful tips as well.
The most difficult part of my job is balancing time between the store and office. Due – more... to staff shortages , sometimes it is not possible to get office time.
The most enjoyable part of my job is working with such a great team of people and meeting a diverse group of customers from all parts of the world. – less
Fast Paced, Fun Career
Barista (Former Employee), Calgary, ABOctober 8, 2013
Pros: $15 max lunch covered, international travellers tip big
Cons: management not open to new ideas
Training from HMS Host for the Barista position is slow & allows you to get familiar with the process of making espresso beverages while also helping customers
Assistant Manager (Current Employee), Mississauga, OntMay 13, 2013
Cons: very early & late hours, no proper lunch times, no time with family, have to book off special dates months in advance.
At typical day at HMS Host will start off slow and end up being busy by the end of my shift. HMS is located in Lester B. Pearson Airport, my duties all depends on the day and passenger traffic. I enter all sales data in the computer in a timely manner. I make sure that all the orders entered from the night before have arrived and make sure that all – more... items are properly sent up, if any items are missing I call the warehouse manager right away to have it sent up.
I have some really hardworking employees who go out of their way to make the customers feel at home. I make sure that all the employees are treated with respect.
The hardest part of the job is not having enough staff hired, when we have sick calls the manager would have to step in when no one else is available. That means managers become either cooks, cashiers, bartenders, etc.
The enjoyable part of the job is knowing that the day is running smoothly from the moment I step through the door. – less
Associates were fun to work with.
General Accountant (Former Employee), Toronto, ONFebruary 26, 2013
Pros: fun place
Cons: finance department closed
Finance department moved to US. It was a good place to work

Sorry to leave associates.

Management was good.
Work with with customer is fun
Cashier (Part-Time) (Current Employee), Maple, ONFebruary 24, 2013
I learned how to handling money. How to manage the customer and Team work.I enjoyable part is customer.
Customer service
Cashier and Prep (Current Employee), Dorval, QCJanuary 21, 2013
I was able to experience a good customer service by working as a cashier.
fast pace and easy to learn
line cook (Current Employee), slc international airportApril 13, 2014
Pros: very fast pace and always busy
Cons: management
this job has taught me how to become faster on the line. I really working with most of my coworkers. The hardest part about my job is understanding the management.
fun, stress, tired
Team Member/Cashier (Current Employee), Newark, DEApril 10, 2014
Pros: free lunch
Cons: not enough pay
this job is tiring and stressful. not enough pay for all the hard work we do for the company. little recognition.
fun productive learning experience
Cashier/ Cook/ Shift leader (Current Employee), Pattersonville-Rotterdam Junction, NYApril 1, 2014
my typical day is cashing out customers, cooking, cleaning, prepping daily needed items ex pastry's, salads, slicing meat and portioning out the sliced meats. management is very helpful with answering questions and helping with personal needs.
Productive and Full on work place
Burger King Crew (Current Employee), Auckland, NMarch 28, 2014
Pros: discounts
Cons: hours from 3am also to 12am
Working here was good i have become accustomed to multiple rush hours and dealing with a lot of stress, although for me i feel i need to make more use of my socializing skills and energy i hold as a young sport person and outgoing guy
great
Server (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAMarch 1, 2014
Pros: paid each day
Cons: salary
fast paced, different people, managment great, co-workers different, the job is not hard,meeting different people every day
Productive and fun place to work.
Bartender/Server (Former Employee), Cleveland, OH /Hopkins AirportFebruary 19, 2014
Pros: free lunches. workable schedule
Cons: no healthcare and no longer union
Great company and fun place to work with different themes. Very productive and extensively busy. Love interveening with so many and different people.
Making the travelers day better
Customer Service/In-Store Trainer (Current Employee), Portland, MEFebruary 16, 2014
Pros: employee meals, free parking
Cons: long shifs (10+ hrs), scheduled out time varies with flight schedule.
HMS Host is located on the secured side of the Portland International Jetport. To be able to work there you must go threw an FBI background check which include fingerprints. There is also significant security training on various threats, how to recognize them, and how to handle them.
I have been able to meet many celebrities including Ed Harris, Hayden – more... Quinn, Glen Close, and Julianne Moore.
I am the In-store trainer for the Shipyard Pub. – less
Fast Paced Work Environment
Barista (Former Employee), Euless, TXFebruary 13, 2014
Pros: free drinks/pastries
The typical shift is working hands on with customers, having to remember what goes when. It's basically a learning type of job, where you literally learn something new every day. They do, unfortunately play a lot of favoritism. But it isn't a bad job, you just really have to work hard to move up in the company. The shifts that they offer though, are – more... far from great. You can either go in at 4:30am - 1pm or 1pm - 10 or 11pm. I did both shifts, and I wasn't very pleased with that. – less
Great 1st Job in High School
Cashier (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAFebruary 12, 2014
Pros: seeing diff people
Cons: the time we worked
this place was one where you could meet anyone. Working at the airport provided much traffic for celebrities. I also made more than minimum wage. My day at work would consist of cash handling and customer service.
company that owns restaurants in the airport.
Hostess/Cashier (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZFebruary 9, 2014
i worked for chilis too in terminal 4 at sky harbor airport. this was my favorite job,
Worst job ever
Cashier (Current Employee), South Amboy, NJFebruary 8, 2014
Pros: free food
Cons: no benefits, little hours, mean people
The management is terrible. They only look out for them selves and while kill whoever gets in there way. They will physical push you out if the door if your in the middle of doing something because they don't want you there anymore. Will talk badly about other employees in front of customers and coworkers

1 2 3 4 5

About HMS Host

Autogrill Group knows some travelers hunger for more than just transportation. Operating as HMSHost, the company is a leading – Read more