HMS Host

• Salary/Benefits
coustmer service
coustmer service (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABOctober 29, 2014
Pros: free lunch
Cons: long hours
i worked at edmonton international airport ........... at work experienced in taking food order , operating cash registers and safely handling food while checking for proper temprature ... management is so good ... friendly enviorment at work . co workers are friendly and helpful with me while work .
worst management
Multi-store Supervisor (Current Employee), Edmonton, ABAugust 29, 2014
Pros: get to know new people all the time.
Cons: employees not kept happy.
not a a good management at all. Asking to do much more then assigned duties. And paid less according to the work done.
fun work place
Customer Service (Former Employee), Woodstock, ONJuly 16, 2014
serving customers
worked well with my co-workers
enjoyed seeing satisfied customers
Great co-workers terrible leadership
Associate leader (Former Employee), Odessa, ONJune 14, 2014
Pros: free uniform, free lunch if you are a supervisor, some great staff.
Cons: poor leadership, health and safety not priority just something had to have, promotions were rare.
Some of the staff were great and very friendly, easy to get along. The leadership team although friendly lacked the leadership aspects. The big boss for this location was always re-directing questions to those below him and never responding himself. Promotions were given out to those that the leadership team liked and not to those who had the experience – more... / education / background for the position. When starting staff are thrown right into the mix of things and the rest of the team cringes in hopes that they didnt end up in the weeds. Most of the staff are high school students and were expected to stay late past midnight regularly. Pay raises were suppose to be done based on performance, but as each department had an allocated budget for raises it was based on the big boss' decision as to who should get what even though he didnt work with the staff like the rest of the leadership team... in doing this staff that should have received raises didnt get what they should have, and great staff got less then what they were working for. – less
It is always fun to meet new customer everyday.
Barista (Full-time) (Current Employee), airportJune 13, 2014
I learn many things from this company.
Like brewing coffee or how to make coffee and etc.
Always fun to work with co-workers
This company is Great.
Assistant Manager (Current Employee), calgary AbMarch 14, 2014
Working in this company is really Great everyone is treated fairly they are strongly promoting the People first Environment.
fun workplace
Barista (Current Employee), Calgary, ABJanuary 29, 2014
Pros: free lunch
I really like working at HMS HOST Starbucks because its a really fun place to work at. There is 6 starbucks at the YYC airport so I get to work in all of them which is so entertaining, that way I can gain more customer service skills and meet new people.
Loved my job!
Market Sales Associate/Cashier (Former Employee), Port Hope, ONNovember 4, 2013
Pros: great people and boss
Cons: not enough hours
At the Market I absolutely loved my job! The people I worked with became like another family to me and my boss was very flexible and understanding with my hours. The only down side to my job was that I wasn't making as much as I needed to support a family.
Team oriented workplace with superior management !
Associate Leader (Current Employee), Ingleside, ONNovember 4, 2013
Pros: benefits, free lunches, team players
Cons: short staffed, off seasons
I have worked at HMS Host for a little over two years and in that time I have learned many new skills. Everyone there is a team player, all hard working individuals. Management are always willing and ready to step in and give a helping hand and helpful tips as well.
The most difficult part of my job is balancing time between the store and office. Due – more... to staff shortages , sometimes it is not possible to get office time.
The most enjoyable part of my job is working with such a great team of people and meeting a diverse group of customers from all parts of the world. – less
Fast Paced, Fun Career
Barista (Former Employee), Calgary, ABOctober 8, 2013
Pros: $15 max lunch covered, international travellers tip big
Cons: management not open to new ideas
Training from HMS Host for the Barista position is slow & allows you to get familiar with the process of making espresso beverages while also helping customers
Assistant Manager (Current Employee), Mississauga, OntMay 13, 2013
Cons: very early & late hours, no proper lunch times, no time with family, have to book off special dates months in advance.
At typical day at HMS Host will start off slow and end up being busy by the end of my shift. HMS is located in Lester B. Pearson Airport, my duties all depends on the day and passenger traffic. I enter all sales data in the computer in a timely manner. I make sure that all the orders entered from the night before have arrived and make sure that all – more... items are properly sent up, if any items are missing I call the warehouse manager right away to have it sent up.
I have some really hardworking employees who go out of their way to make the customers feel at home. I make sure that all the employees are treated with respect.
The hardest part of the job is not having enough staff hired, when we have sick calls the manager would have to step in when no one else is available. That means managers become either cooks, cashiers, bartenders, etc.
The enjoyable part of the job is knowing that the day is running smoothly from the moment I step through the door. – less
Associates were fun to work with.
General Accountant (Former Employee), Toronto, ONFebruary 26, 2013
Pros: fun place
Cons: finance department closed
Finance department moved to US. It was a good place to work

Sorry to leave associates.

Management was good.
Work with with customer is fun
Cashier (Part-Time) (Current Employee), Maple, ONFebruary 24, 2013
I learned how to handling money. How to manage the customer and Team work.I enjoyable part is customer.
Customer service
Cashier and Prep (Current Employee), Dorval, QCJanuary 21, 2013
I was able to experience a good customer service by working as a cashier.
Exciting, fast-paced workplace. Everyday was different. I worked at the airport.
Bartender (Former Employee), Los Angeles, CANovember 17, 2014
Pros: meeting celebrities.
Cons: taking shuttle to work from parking lot.
Everyday was different and I never knew who I was going to meet that day. Even though I have been bartending for many years, I still learned new things from my co-workers as they learned from me.
A Calm and hectic environment at the same time
Cashier/Sales Associate (Current Employee), College Park, GANovember 16, 2014
Pros: lunch
Cons: benefits
My days at work are usually long for the simple fact that I've recently been placed in a store by myself for a 6-8 hour day, which can be cool at times but for the most part its not so gravy. my supervisory team is pretty cool . i like how everyone gets along and nobody is disrespectful towards another person nor the guest. the part i like about my – more... job the most, is meeting new people and learning about the places they may be travelling to that day and also being able to make they happy by helping them find things. the hardest part about my job is when I'm working alone at night and I have to check in books and other things alone, whereas in the other stores there are 2-4 associates working together to get the job done. I understand that the location that I'm at is a smaller store but it still has a good business just like the other stores. – less
fun place
Cashier/Stock (Former Employee), Tampa, FLNovember 12, 2014
cool place love to cook for the customers nice co-workers and cool boss a work friendly place the best part is its in the airport so i meet new people everyday
productive and fun workplace where everyone gets along.
Cashier (Current Employee), Vandalia, OHNovember 2, 2014
Pros: free lunch from g.a.b
Cons: no health care benefits, no raise
Working for HMS Host has been good for the most part. Nice people safe environment. Get to meet new people everyday.
Diverse Environment and Insanely Busy
Hostess (Current Employee), Phoenix, AZOctober 26, 2014
Pros: free lunch, fun coworkers, diverse
Cons: short break, hours vary
A typical day at work would consist of people always in a hurry so when they come to you for a question or to purchase something, always meant you have to be on your toes and ready to answer their question asap if not know where to refer them. I've learned how to talk to and how to interact with customers not just from America or Arizona but from all – more... over the world. All of my co-workers have been amazing they understand how it is to work there and it makes bad days a little easier, but also knowing that they will work as a team to get through our busy rushes. I believe the hardest part of the job is dealing with customer's, co-worker's and other employee's attitudes. There are a lot of people who come to you angry in an airport which a little sleep, hours on a plane, or delays would make anyone a little cranky. I had to learn how to set it aside and try to understand what they are going through and hopefully be able to help them with what they need. Despite the attitude you might get, most customers are nice and its surprising the many different cultures you get to meet. – less
great work place
Server/Customer Service (Former Employee), Detroit, MIOctober 22, 2014
Pros: union
Cons: not steady business
management at some points were not up to the greatest standards.

1 2 3 4 5

About HMS Host

Autogrill Group knows some travelers hunger for more than just transportation. Operating as HMSHost, the company is a leading – Read more