HMS Host

• Salary/Benefits
coustmer service
coustmer service (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABOctober 29, 2014
Pros: free lunch
Cons: long hours
i worked at edmonton international airport ........... at work experienced in taking food order , operating cash registers and safely handling food while checking for proper temprature ... management is so good ... friendly enviorment at work . co workers are friendly and helpful with me while work .
worst management
Multi-store Supervisor (Current Employee), Edmonton, ABAugust 29, 2014
Pros: get to know new people all the time.
Cons: employees not kept happy.
not a a good management at all. Asking to do much more then assigned duties. And paid less according to the work done.
fun work place
Customer Service (Former Employee), Woodstock, ONJuly 16, 2014
serving customers
worked well with my co-workers
enjoyed seeing satisfied customers
Great co-workers terrible leadership
Associate leader (Former Employee), Odessa, ONJune 14, 2014
Pros: free uniform, free lunch if you are a supervisor, some great staff.
Cons: poor leadership, health and safety not priority just something had to have, promotions were rare.
Some of the staff were great and very friendly, easy to get along. The leadership team although friendly lacked the leadership aspects. The big boss for this location was always re-directing questions to those below him and never responding himself. Promotions were given out to those that the leadership team liked and not to those who had the experience – more... / education / background for the position. When starting staff are thrown right into the mix of things and the rest of the team cringes in hopes that they didnt end up in the weeds. Most of the staff are high school students and were expected to stay late past midnight regularly. Pay raises were suppose to be done based on performance, but as each department had an allocated budget for raises it was based on the big boss' decision as to who should get what even though he didnt work with the staff like the rest of the leadership team... in doing this staff that should have received raises didnt get what they should have, and great staff got less then what they were working for. – less
It is always fun to meet new customer everyday.
Barista (Full-time) (Current Employee), airportJune 13, 2014
I learn many things from this company.
Like brewing coffee or how to make coffee and etc.
Always fun to work with co-workers
This company is Great.
Assistant Manager (Current Employee), calgary AbMarch 14, 2014
Working in this company is really Great everyone is treated fairly they are strongly promoting the People first Environment.
fun workplace
Barista (Current Employee), Calgary, ABJanuary 29, 2014
Pros: free lunch
I really like working at HMS HOST Starbucks because its a really fun place to work at. There is 6 starbucks at the YYC airport so I get to work in all of them which is so entertaining, that way I can gain more customer service skills and meet new people.
Loved my job!
Market Sales Associate/Cashier (Former Employee), Port Hope, ONNovember 4, 2013
Pros: great people and boss
Cons: not enough hours
At the Market I absolutely loved my job! The people I worked with became like another family to me and my boss was very flexible and understanding with my hours. The only down side to my job was that I wasn't making as much as I needed to support a family.
Team oriented workplace with superior management !
Associate Leader (Current Employee), Ingleside, ONNovember 4, 2013
Pros: benefits, free lunches, team players
Cons: short staffed, off seasons
I have worked at HMS Host for a little over two years and in that time I have learned many new skills. Everyone there is a team player, all hard working individuals. Management are always willing and ready to step in and give a helping hand and helpful tips as well.
The most difficult part of my job is balancing time between the store and office. Due – more... to staff shortages , sometimes it is not possible to get office time.
The most enjoyable part of my job is working with such a great team of people and meeting a diverse group of customers from all parts of the world. – less
Fast Paced, Fun Career
Barista (Former Employee), Calgary, ABOctober 8, 2013
Pros: $15 max lunch covered, international travellers tip big
Cons: management not open to new ideas
Training from HMS Host for the Barista position is slow & allows you to get familiar with the process of making espresso beverages while also helping customers
Assistant Manager (Current Employee), Mississauga, OntMay 13, 2013
Cons: very early & late hours, no proper lunch times, no time with family, have to book off special dates months in advance.
At typical day at HMS Host will start off slow and end up being busy by the end of my shift. HMS is located in Lester B. Pearson Airport, my duties all depends on the day and passenger traffic. I enter all sales data in the computer in a timely manner. I make sure that all the orders entered from the night before have arrived and make sure that all – more... items are properly sent up, if any items are missing I call the warehouse manager right away to have it sent up.
I have some really hardworking employees who go out of their way to make the customers feel at home. I make sure that all the employees are treated with respect.
The hardest part of the job is not having enough staff hired, when we have sick calls the manager would have to step in when no one else is available. That means managers become either cooks, cashiers, bartenders, etc.
The enjoyable part of the job is knowing that the day is running smoothly from the moment I step through the door. – less
Associates were fun to work with.
General Accountant (Former Employee), Toronto, ONFebruary 26, 2013
Pros: fun place
Cons: finance department closed
Finance department moved to US. It was a good place to work

Sorry to leave associates.

Management was good.
Work with with customer is fun
Cashier (Part-Time) (Current Employee), Maple, ONFebruary 24, 2013
I learned how to handling money. How to manage the customer and Team work.I enjoyable part is customer.
Customer service
Cashier and Prep (Current Employee), Dorval, QCJanuary 21, 2013
I was able to experience a good customer service by working as a cashier.
Airport is a fast environment
Barista (Former Employee), Jamaica, NYDecember 21, 2014
Great opportunity to learn customer service in a fast past environment
nice work clean work space.
Cashier/Cook (Former Employee), Newark, NJDecember 16, 2014
Pros: working with the manager.
Cons: insurance
a day at work was good i enjoyed getting hand on training with the manager.
n/a
crew member (Former Employee), Broadview Heights, OHDecember 16, 2014
Pros: paid lunch
Cons: pay vs. labor
Okay at first. Later on become more of a pain to work than normal
Great benefits, money is good, and great staff but unnecessarily strict.
Bartender (Current Employee), Honolulu, HIDecember 10, 2014
Pros: staff, money, meeting people, and scheduling that fits my day job.
Cons: unnecessary rules and policies, and commute.
Business is based on the amount of flights. Usually starts off slow so I spend the beginning of every shift with cleaning and prepping. At around 9 PM I get slammed and it gets extremely busy. Most people want a quick drink and leave so the turn over is quick. I have to move as fast as I can until closing at 11 PM. The night ends with a thorough cleaning – more... and stocking. The hardest part of the job is dealing with all the unnecessary rules and policies that slows me down which at times causes me to give slow service. The most enjoyable part of this job is the wonderful friendly staff and meeting people from all over the world. – less
Don't Work Here
Cashier (Former Employee), Amherst, OhioNovember 26, 2014
They hire just about anyone to work here. They do not give sufficient training to do the job. You are kind of just thrown in there. Managers aren't that available to answer when you have a question or a problem.
it was a very fun enviornment
Station Attendant (Former Employee), Fort Myers, FLNovember 22, 2014
Pros: working with public
Cons: not such great pay
it was a very great place, the managers were super nice and fun to work with they were very understanding and open to my needs and i loved working with the public and making food working with my coworkers was so much fun, this was one of my favorite jobs.

1 2 3 4 5

About HMS Host

Autogrill Group knows some travelers hunger for more than just transportation. Operating as HMSHost, the company is a leading – Read more