HMS Host International

HMS Host International Canada Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Very conformable environment with coworkers
cook (Former Employee), Mississauga, ONNovember 10, 2014
Great customer service experience meet new people everyday.
Horrible
At HMS Host I (Former Employee), Halifax International AirportOctober 22, 2014
Cons: many
By far, the worst place I have ever worked, management was impossible and policy and procedure was non existent.
review
Customer Service (Former Employee), Ottawa, ONSeptember 11, 2014
working in the Ottawa airport is fun.
you may choose to work in different stores in the airport.
Poor management, rude, arrogrant,
Payroll Clerk (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABJanuary 28, 2014
Pros: free food, flexible hours
Cons: management rude, arrogant, does always doubtful, job culture bad
Have to work on holidays, bad Management, Manager's has poor management skills. Employee's not paid properly, Management behaves rudely, nothing much to learn from the job, flexible schedule, good co-workers. Good to start , but not a good place for long term career.
Great work experience
Expédition / Réception (Current Employee), Pierre Elliot Trudeau AirportSeptember 16, 2013
Pros: my colleagues
Cons: long hours
My Day starts at 2:30 am. I receive all the trucks as well I get all the employees of the department in an organized fashion. We unload the trucks. Enter the stock to there locations. We then receive the orders of each restaurant( Items needed for the busy day) and delivery to each restaurant of the airport. You can say that it is always a busy schedule. Once the stock has been delivered. I then proceed with entering the order forms into the database of the company computer. I make sure that each employee get there lunch /break. Once the day is complete only then do I go home. This is usually at about 2pm. I have a great time with my colleagues. Yet they say that I work to hard. But it all comes down to You do what you got to do.

The hardest part of my job in all honesty, Is the hours.

The most enjoyable is having the opportunity to work well with my colleagues
fun and productive place to work
Assistant Food and Beverage Operations Manager (Current Employee), Toronto, ONSeptember 6, 2013
manage, and supervising the day to day operation of multi restaurant units at Pearson Intl airport. Invole in cost control, such us inventory, payroll, ordering of stocks, and staff scheduling. Being assign at hte Airport is a fun place to work at, be able to meet a lot of people ie traveller and employees at the airport vry large community and fast pace environment.Learned a lot how to work under a lot of time pressure from travellers, but enjoying part is when i am able to handle the pressure very well, by giving and providing them the best experience while waiting for their flight thru quality and friendly service.
overall has fun and lost of energy.
Bartender (Former Employee), Toronto International AirportSeptember 19, 2012
this job was on Torontoi International airport. every terminal has own type of work but most was the same.just close-up had different,

Learned with experience thgrough difficulty satuation.

Most manaement with no experiences.

Most co-worker was perry good.

Hardest work was to entery to deporture area with scan securty, if could'n took many hours to let you enter.

work has lots enjoyable time with different passangers on every moment.
The benefits are good and there is a room for improvement for each associate.
Cashier/Associate (Former Employee), Calgary, AlbertaApril 23, 2012
My review to this company is that the management team are great. The work schedules are crazy for those new hirees. There was less training time with the supervisors and they will just let their new recruit do their own job by their own.
The management are supportive though they need to pay more attention to trainees at the start of the training as they will not absorb everything in the first week.