HMS Host International

HMS Host International Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Very conformable environment with coworkers
cook (Former Employee), Mississauga, ONNovember 10, 2014
Great customer service experience meet new people everyday.
Horrible
At HMS Host I (Former Employee), Halifax International AirportOctober 22, 2014
Cons: many
By far, the worst place I have ever worked, management was impossible and policy and procedure was non existent.
review
Customer Service (Former Employee), Ottawa, ONSeptember 11, 2014
working in the Ottawa airport is fun.
you may choose to work in different stores in the airport.
Poor management, rude, arrogrant,
Payroll Clerk (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABJanuary 28, 2014
Pros: free food, flexible hours
Cons: management rude, arrogant, does always doubtful, job culture bad
Have to work on holidays, bad Management, Manager's has poor management skills. Employee's not paid properly, Management behaves rudely, nothing much to learn from the job, flexible schedule, good co-workers. Good to start , but not a good place for long term career.
Great work experience
Expédition / Réception (Current Employee), Pierre Elliot Trudeau AirportSeptember 16, 2013
Pros: my colleagues
Cons: long hours
My Day starts at 2:30 am. I receive all the trucks as well I get all the employees of the department in an organized fashion. We unload the trucks. Enter the stock to there locations. We then receive the orders of each restaurant( Items needed for the busy day) and delivery to each restaurant of the airport. You can say that it is always a busy schedule. – more... Once the stock has been delivered. I then proceed with entering the order forms into the database of the company computer. I make sure that each employee get there lunch /break. Once the day is complete only then do I go home. This is usually at about 2pm. I have a great time with my colleagues. Yet they say that I work to hard. But it all comes down to You do what you got to do.

The hardest part of my job in all honesty, Is the hours.

The most enjoyable is having the opportunity to work well with my colleagues – less
fun and productive place to work
Assistant Food and Beverage Operations Manager (Current Employee), Toronto, ONSeptember 6, 2013
manage, and supervising the day to day operation of multi restaurant units at Pearson Intl airport. Invole in cost control, such us inventory, payroll, ordering of stocks, and staff scheduling. Being assign at hte Airport is a fun place to work at, be able to meet a lot of people ie traveller and employees at the airport vry large community and fast – more... pace environment.Learned a lot how to work under a lot of time pressure from travellers, but enjoying part is when i am able to handle the pressure very well, by giving and providing them the best experience while waiting for their flight thru quality and friendly service. – less
overall has fun and lost of energy.
Bartender (Former Employee), Toronto International AirportSeptember 19, 2012
this job was on Torontoi International airport. every terminal has own type of work but most was the same.just close-up had different,

Learned with experience thgrough difficulty satuation.

Most manaement with no experiences.

Most co-worker was perry good.

Hardest work was to entery to deporture area with scan securty, if could'n took many hours – more... to let you enter.

work has lots enjoyable time with different passangers on every moment. – less
The benefits are good and there is a room for improvement for each associate.
Cashier/Associate (Former Employee), Calgary, AlbertaApril 23, 2012
My review to this company is that the management team are great. The work schedules are crazy for those new hirees. There was less training time with the supervisors and they will just let their new recruit do their own job by their own.
The management are supportive though they need to pay more attention to trainees at the start of the training as – more... they will not absorb everything in the first week. – less
I was able to grow my skills significantly.
Multi-Unit Supervisor (Former Employee), Lakewood, CODecember 15, 2014
Pros: management open to my ideas.
Cons: no benefits
While this is not my chosen industry, I was able to sharpen the skills I have, learn more, and share some of my knowledge.
excellent place to work and meeting new people all over the world
Retail Sales Associate/Cashier (Current Employee), Atlanta, GANovember 1, 2014
I've gained experience and learned a lot with this company. planning on starting a career.
Great Employer
Supervisor (Current Employee), Charlotte, NCSeptember 19, 2014
Pros: paid lunches, vacation time, sick pay, 401k.
Cons: n/a
A typical day starts with greeting associates at the restaurant. I grew so much as a Supervisor here. I trained with some of the best managers around. I learned how to schedule associates and to follow labor requirements. I learned how to take and control inventory and to actually understand these things.
The hardest part of the job is when there is – more... inclement weather, many associates are unable to make it to work.

I enjoy working for Hms Host very much. They are very family oriented and provide employees with plenty of opportunities to enjoy time with co-workers and family outside of the workplace. – less
Nice Company
Cashier/ Barista (Current Employee), Chicago, ILSeptember 11, 2014
Pros: free lunch, hour breaks, paid overtime, etc.
Cons: not many part time positions open, etc.
Good company to work for. Its nice to have a company as good as this.
productive and everybody works as a team
Cashier/Cook (Current Employee), Atlanta, GASeptember 6, 2014
Pros: you receive $18 meal cards for your performance at work
Cons: short breaks and those days when its just slow
When I come into work at 4:30 am everything is clean and all the food is prepped and dated and ready for service.I learned that me and my coworkers work great together when i have each others back.My manager just doesn't sit around and watch us work.She helps out to when we need it. The hardest part of my job is trying to cook the food perfectly like – more... the head boss wants it.The most enjoyable part of my job is coming in to work with my coworkers every morning and having a great day – less
Great management, good people, awesome work enviornment
Customer service at Pino Gelato (Former Employee), Charlotte, NCSeptember 3, 2014
Pros: paid lunch
Cons: short hours
HMS Host international is a fun job! My coworkers are friendly and happy. The managers are caring and understanding. The hours are not quite full time hours however the supervisors make it fair. I really enjoy working for my company
Nice and very reliable work place
Cashier/Barista (Current Employee), VAAugust 11, 2014
Pros: great medical insurance
Cons: shortage of labor force, overload the responsibility
Good management , safe working environment , great experience over all
I enjoyed working with the clients. They was a handful but they were .
Utility Clerk (Former Employee), Birmingham, ALJune 16, 2014
Pros: we did different activities everyday.
Cons: they would just flip out anywhere and anytime.
Working with people that has autism is not that hard as people may think. Of course they cant control it but if your patient with them and try to be understanding then you'll find it more interesting then being hard.
Great learning experience
Cashier (Former Employee), Ronkonkoma, NYJune 1, 2014
I learned a lot here about how to work in an airport. I also learned a lot about how to run my unit.
very productive
Shift Supervisor/Barista (Former Employee), Oakland, CAMay 12, 2014
very fast paced, coached and supervised up to 20 employees,
production and fun environment
Shift Supervisor (Current Employee), Atlanta, GAApril 14, 2014
Pros: free lunch
Cons: health care and working on weekend and holidays
Typical days as a shift supervisor included assisting the store manager in operational tasks as well as deploying partners and providing great service to our customers.
I learned to provide excellent customer service, and lead a team. Additional skills include cash handling.
For the most part, managers were very supportive and flexible At times, a lot – more... of pressure and stress would be put onto the supervisors but it was only to ensure that the team met all company standards and goals.
Coworkers seem to really enjoy their job as it is flexible with school. Those that stick around tend to really love the company and the customers.
The hardest part of the job as a supervisor is making sure that every partner, including new ones, are all up to par with Hms Host standards.
The most enjoyable part of the job consists of the connections built with partners as well as regular customers. – less
Nice Work Area
Customer Service Representative, Cook (Former Employee), St. Louis, MOFebruary 5, 2014
Pros: breaks, paid lunch
Cons: varies
As long as you go in to work and be a team member you will succeed always keep in mind you are there to make the Traveler Day Better. That should be your main focus and goal. Always maintain a smile and good work environment for yourself and team members.

1 2 3