HMS Host International

HMS Host International Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Great work experience
Expédition / Réception (Current Employee), Pierre Elliot Trudeau AirportSeptember 16, 2013
Pros: my colleagues
Cons: long hours
My Day starts at 2:30 am. I receive all the trucks as well I get all the employees of the department in an organized fashion. We unload the trucks. Enter the stock to there locations. We then receive the orders of each restaurant( Items needed for the busy day) and delivery to each restaurant of the airport. You can say that it is always a busy schedule. – more... Once the stock has been delivered. I then proceed with entering the order forms into the database of the company computer. I make sure that each employee get there lunch /break. Once the day is complete only then do I go home. This is usually at about 2pm. I have a great time with my colleagues. Yet they say that I work to hard. But it all comes down to You do what you got to do.

The hardest part of my job in all honesty, Is the hours.

The most enjoyable is having the opportunity to work well with my colleagues – less
fun and productive place to work
Assistant Food and Beverage Operations Manager (Current Employee), Toronto, ONSeptember 6, 2013
manage, and supervising the day to day operation of multi restaurant units at Pearson Intl airport. Invole in cost control, such us inventory, payroll, ordering of stocks, and staff scheduling. Being assign at hte Airport is a fun place to work at, be able to meet a lot of people ie traveller and employees at the airport vry large community and fast – more... pace environment.Learned a lot how to work under a lot of time pressure from travellers, but enjoying part is when i am able to handle the pressure very well, by giving and providing them the best experience while waiting for their flight thru quality and friendly service. – less
overall has fun and lost of energy.
Bartender (Former Employee), Toronto International AirportSeptember 19, 2012
this job was on Torontoi International airport. every terminal has own type of work but most was the same.just close-up had different,

Learned with experience thgrough difficulty satuation.

Most manaement with no experiences.

Most co-worker was perry good.

Hardest work was to entery to deporture area with scan securty, if could'n took many hours – more... to let you enter.

work has lots enjoyable time with different passangers on every moment. – less
The benefits are good and there is a room for improvement for each associate.
Cashier/Associate (Former Employee), Calgary, AlbertaApril 23, 2012
My review to this company is that the management team are great. The work schedules are crazy for those new hirees. There was less training time with the supervisors and they will just let their new recruit do their own job by their own.
The management are supportive though they need to pay more attention to trainees at the start of the training as – more... they will not absorb everything in the first week. – less
Nice and very reliable work place
Cashier/Barista (Current Employee), VAAugust 11, 2014
Pros: great medical insurance
Cons: shortage of labor force, overload the responsibility
Good management , safe working environment , great experience over all
I enjoyed working with the clients. They was a handful but they were .
Utility Clerk (Former Employee), Birmingham, ALJune 16, 2014
Pros: we did different activities everyday.
Cons: they would just flip out anywhere and anytime.
Working with people that has autism is not that hard as people may think. Of course they cant control it but if your patient with them and try to be understanding then you'll find it more interesting then being hard.
Great learning experience
Cashier (Former Employee), Ronkonkoma, NYJune 1, 2014
I learned a lot here about how to work in an airport. I also learned a lot about how to run my unit.
very productive
Shift Supervisor/Barista (Former Employee), Oakland, CAMay 12, 2014
very fast paced, coached and supervised up to 20 employees,
production and fun environment
Shift Supervisor (Current Employee), Atlanta, GAApril 14, 2014
Pros: free lunch
Cons: health care and working on weekend and holidays
Typical days as a shift supervisor included assisting the store manager in operational tasks as well as deploying partners and providing great service to our customers.
I learned to provide excellent customer service, and lead a team. Additional skills include cash handling.
For the most part, managers were very supportive and flexible At times, a lot – more... of pressure and stress would be put onto the supervisors but it was only to ensure that the team met all company standards and goals.
Coworkers seem to really enjoy their job as it is flexible with school. Those that stick around tend to really love the company and the customers.
The hardest part of the job as a supervisor is making sure that every partner, including new ones, are all up to par with Hms Host standards.
The most enjoyable part of the job consists of the connections built with partners as well as regular customers. – less
Nice Work Area
Customer Service Representative, Cook (Former Employee), St. Louis, MOFebruary 5, 2014
Pros: breaks, paid lunch
Cons: varies
As long as you go in to work and be a team member you will succeed always keep in mind you are there to make the Traveler Day Better. That should be your main focus and goal. Always maintain a smile and good work environment for yourself and team members.
Hostess (Former Employee), Atlanta, GADecember 18, 2013
It was a nice place!
it was alright working there, however it was often slow
Cashier (Former Employee), seatac,waNovember 27, 2013
I would recommend working there because they offer good benefits
Ok company
Senior Sales Associate (Current Employee), Atlanta, GANovember 18, 2013
HMS is a good company but it has many rules. This company don't have a set schedule so if you have kids its not a good place but if you can work the schedule this is a good job for you.
Daily Routine
Warehouse Supervisor (Current Employee), Atlanta, GAAugust 23, 2013
• Receive, unpack, and check incoming shipments with invoice Stock storage facilities.
• Assist in the preparation of outgoing shipments. Maintain simple records. Keep storage area clean and orderly
• Receive and log incoming shipments. Verify shipment with invoice and purchase order.
• Load and unload items in warehouse with warehouse equipment. Stock – more... shelves.
• Assist in maintaining inventory records. – less
There were no such thing as a bad day in HMS
Supervisor (Former Employee), Raleigh, NCAugust 15, 2013
Pros: free lunches anywhere in the state, flexible schedfule
Cons: parking outside the airport, job security
open the restaurant, managing staff for the day, put them in sections and different work flows, check emails, organising staff rosters, ringing several suppliers to order stock for the week. Service starts, meeting customers ensuring they are enjoying themselves, handling cash, lodging in safe, ensuring standards are high by all staff, communicating – more... with the kitchen about menus etc and solving any problem . Veritying also daily employees passes. Working with the head chef and general manager on sales and how to increase them. Hiring and training new staff. – less
high volume and opportunity
RESTAURANT MGR II/ MULTI UNIT (Current Employee), Lawrenceville, GAAugust 12, 2013
Long and unpredictable hours and high commute for me.Co-workers good. many concepts
very productive
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee), Chicago, ILJuly 22, 2013
Pros: you get a meal ticket with your 1 hr break.
Cons: the union representative are just ok, not much of helpful
The associates are friendly and helpful, along with your supervisor. Didn't have any problems with customers.
fun and good company
Sales associate (Former Employee), San Francisco, CAJune 29, 2013
Pros: good benefits
Cons: short breaks
I usually open starts at 4:30 am to 1pm and work as Cashier
I learned how to deal with different kind of people
Management is good and consistent, they really help and train each employee well.
My co-workers are easy and fun to work with.
I never had any issues regarding my job.
The most enjoyable part of my job is I love what I do.
Fast paced work environment
Stock Maintenance Specialist (Current Employee), Atlanta, GaJune 27, 2013
Pros: health, dental, and vacation benefits. free lunches
Cons: low wages, and not much room for career advancement
Fast paced work environment low wages. Pros are that of free lunches and health benefits with vacation opportunities for all full time employees.
You have to be very creative
Porter/ Cashier (Current Employee), Kansas City, MOApril 15, 2013
Pros: the food is ok
Cons: the health insurance is horrible
Learning how to work at fast pace, overall some of my co-workers a re lazy and some of them are very rude to customers