Hitachi Employee Reviews

interesting workplace
Supplier Planner (Former Employee) –  Guelph, ONJune 24, 2016
It was an interesting place to work due to the products we sold. The mining industry has been very shaky the last few years which made many of the positions unstable.. Our company went from 3 shifts when I started to two and then one. There has been major down sizing the last few years. We were given a one time opportunity to accept a buyout this past April, or stay and take our chances on keeping out job.

I took the buy out and although not technically employed at the moment, I am on payroll with all benefits for several months.
Excellent company culture
Welder (Former Employee) –  Saskatoon, SKApril 27, 2016
This is one of the best places that I have worked. They care about their employees, and go above and beyond in all aspects of the workplace. Safe, clean, well maintained. It took me a couple of weeks to get used to the stretches in the morning, but they foster a team dynamic, and also reduce workplace injuries from strains and sprains. HCI was (at the time) one of the only shops in Sask that actively participated in the journeymans program.
Pros
Clean, well maintained shop, Good managers
Cons
Repetitive work can be mind numbing at times
Company closing
Welder (Current Employee) –  Saskatoon, SKAugust 12, 2016
Shutting down Saskatoon plant. Management kept everyone in the dark until they told us they are closing. Will be out of work mid September
Pros
Decant pay
Cons
Shift work
Great Big Data Experience
Engagement Delivery Manager (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONOctober 6, 2015
The Hitachi experience as a company is great. The big machine is poised for a great future. Leadership in the US have a great vision and the business itself is huge. BIG Data is the future.

The Canadian operation is not run well. Poor inexpereinced managemnt, and the leadership is not skilled in developing a business. Too many promises and not enough follow through. This will be the downfall, as customer service is poorly satisfied.

A great place to get some BIG Data experience, but not a place to stay for the long haul.
Pros
Great Storage Equipment
Cons
Inexperienced Canadian Management
Relaxed and professional
Consultant (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABMarch 8, 2016
The best work environment! Friendly co-workers in a relaxed environment that allowed us to focus on what is important: Provide great customer service.
Pros
Breakfast options were available every day, and beer too if you wanted.
Cons
Noisy open space.
Rapidly shrinking
National Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  Scarborough, ONNovember 2, 2015
Great company, but only sells one product and demand is diminishing. Broadcast industry in Canada is suffering meaning Hitachi is suffering.
Pros
Free coffee
Cons
poor management
Best place for freshies
Developer (Former Employee) –  MalaysiaMarch 29, 2015
Poor Management for both Project Management and HR. No work life balance. For fresh graduates, this place have got a lot experience to offer.
Pros
Free Lunches, Good allowance
With conducive working environment
A. Financial Analyst (Current Employee) –  PhilippinesJuly 15, 2014
A successful business often depends on the people you work with, and having a good attitude plays an important role in ensuring you are able to work well with others. The company offers such kind of environment. Another thing that I like is that the company offers trainings which helps me become more productive in your work.
Pros
free transporation benefits and other health benefits
Cons
Dynamic company with opportunity for growth
Consultant (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONMay 22, 2015
Great people to work with, young active culture. Going through a transition period causing it to be a little rough. Once the transition period is finished and the company settles into it's new role things should be better
Good Technology but is it Future Proof?
Solutions Consultant (Former Employee) –  MontrealOctober 22, 2015
Hitachi has always made great storage hardware, no question but the industry is moving towards commodity storage platforms defined by software. This does not play into HDS's strengths so it remains to be seen if HDS can adapt.
A reltively good workplace.
North Africa Business Development Manager (Former Employee) –  EgyptSeptember 9, 2015
It provided a good working environment, but the diversity in the job description is a little bit unspecific, which could make a manager not very focused on issues that he/she needs to develop.
Very good engineering experience
Project Coordinator Engineer (Former Employee) –  Saskatoon, SKJune 3, 2013
Hitachi is an excellent place to work and do business. The projects that I was able to work on showcased the magnitude, and the detail the company was capable of. The only downside to working for Hitachi was simply the job security, at my time there I had seen many people come in, and many people leave. The companies billing rate is quite high because the level of detail given is a premium service. Because not many companies need the detail that Hitachi can give, they were not busy enough to keep on all staff.
Pros
good work environment with a strong push on safety
Cons
job security
Wonderful Place To Work
Account Executiveu (Former Employee) –  Montreal, QueApril 8, 2013
Great Work Environment. Great Staff and management. Trade shows and a lot of traveling
Pros
salary
Cons
long sales process
very good company
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  HITACHI PHILIPPINES/SPIL CHUNGHUA TAIWANMay 13, 2012
7/7 2 weeks night shift 2 weeks dayshift,i learned a lot of thing in this company i know how to communicate in some kind of people in my work area specially friendship, the management very fair in all emplyee, the hardest part is when everyday overtime buts it ok i know its our responsibility in my work,
Pros
free lunch / yearly bunos
Cons
evertyday overtime
sleeping during restday....
Security Technician (Former Employee) –  Laguna Technopark, Binan Laguna PhilippinesOctober 12, 2012
Monday is a lazyday....I`d learned in this company how to make my own decision.
management is excellent
my co-workers were all funny
the hardest part of the job is u have made mistake
the most enjoyable part of the job is the time is finished
Pros
all is free
Cons
traffic
Good environment for manufacturing
Quality Technologist (Former Employee) –  Saskatoon, SKFebruary 27, 2014
I enjoyed working here and learned a lot from the management. They treat their employees well, and have a good model for improvement initiatives.
Pros
good authority/responsibility model
Cons
manufacturing doesn't have the money that operations does
Challanging environment
Lead SAP Crystal Reports Developer (Former Employee) –  White Plains, MBJanuary 14, 2013
It was very challanging envrionment, but at the same time gave lots of opportunity to learn.
Cons
very long hours
HDS
Responsable Canadien, Channel Marketing (Former Employee) –  Montreal, qcJanuary 11, 2013
HDS is a good company to work for because of its wealth ( selling hard drives is extremely profitable) but they are at a crossroads when it comes to defining themselves. They have always had great products for enterprise customers but their recent attempt to penetrate the smb market deeper ( acquisition of bluearc) is not very successful due to lack of brand recognition in that market.
Pros
perks are great ( trips, bonuses, etc...)
Cons
company trying to redefine themselves with all the instability that entails.
Good place for new immigrants
Business Intelligence Consultant (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONAugust 4, 2014
My experience was good: fun place to work at; good management
I was allowed to do creative things that were enjoyable
Business dvelopment manager (Former Employee) –  Saskatoon, SKJune 3, 2014
enjoyable
constant learning
analysis
constant business challenges
high level selling

fun using my selling skills

most enjoyable
people contact in oil /gas energy markets

dislike
the money that I earned did not reflect the kind of volume of new business that I constantly brought in
and they did not have a marketing department that understood the complexities of new business and how to treat new customers concerns