Hitachi Employee Reviews

some very good people but Senior Managment leaves a lot to be desired
Senior Consultant (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC3 February 2017
Great people, great projects despite the company being in complete turmoil. The change over in management from Canada to North America was poorly thought out.
Pros
great people
Cons
nor direction
Employees help make it a fun place
BILIGUAL CUSTOMER SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON20 January 2017
Great company with a strong history, there is room for improvement once employees are given the room to improve. Health and Safety standards need to improve within the company to help increase the job culture.
SAP Basis Consultant at Hitachi
Sr. SAP Basis/Solution Manager Consultant (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON1 November 2016
Great company to worked with. I have established the Solution Manager, Incident Management piece. So it was a short term contract but I've gained a great level of confidence and achievement.
Golfing, BBQ, and celebrations like a New Year
Welder (Former Employee) –  Saskatoon, SK19 October 2016
I love my work. I work hard. In this company I owrked 76 hours in a week. I learn really fast in any jobs. Love to travel, and spend my time with my family.
 A result oriented Sales & Marketing Professional having 14+ years of work experience in the consumer durable and Automobile Industry with Japanese l
Manager - (Branch Manager-Delhi) (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON11 September 2016
Start with team meeting, planning than execution.
Every day is a good learning.
Good management, giving opportunity to perform with better way.
Co-workers are cooperative.
High curiosity is a hardest part.
More challenge is enjoyable part.
Company closing
Welder (Current Employee) –  Saskatoon, SK12 August 2016
Shutting down Saskatoon plant. Management kept everyone in the dark until they told us they are closing. Will be out of work mid September
Pros
Decant pay
Cons
Shift work
interesting workplace
Supplier Planner (Former Employee) –  Guelph, ON24 June 2016
It was an interesting place to work due to the products we sold. The mining industry has been very shaky the last few years which made many of the positions unstable.. Our company went from 3 shifts when I started to two and then one. There has been major down sizing the last few years. We were given a one time opportunity to accept a buyout this past April, or stay and take our chances on keeping out job.

I took the buy out and although not technically employed at the moment, I am on payroll with all benefits for several months.
Excellent company culture
Welder (Former Employee) –  Saskatoon, SK27 April 2016
This is one of the best places that I have worked. They care about their employees, and go above and beyond in all aspects of the workplace. Safe, clean, well maintained. It took me a couple of weeks to get used to the stretches in the morning, but they foster a team dynamic, and also reduce workplace injuries from strains and sprains. HCI was (at the time) one of the only shops in Sask that actively participated in the journeymans program.
Pros
Clean, well maintained shop, Good managers
Cons
Repetitive work can be mind numbing at times
Relaxed and professional
Consultant (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB8 March 2016
The best work environment! Friendly co-workers in a relaxed environment that allowed us to focus on what is important: Provide great customer service.
Pros
Breakfast options were available every day, and beer too if you wanted.
Cons
Noisy open space.
Rapidly shrinking
National Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  Scarborough, ON2 November 2015
Great company, but only sells one product and demand is diminishing. Broadcast industry in Canada is suffering meaning Hitachi is suffering.
Pros
Free coffee
Cons
poor management
Good Technology but is it Future Proof?
Solutions Consultant (Former Employee) –  Montreal22 October 2015
Hitachi has always made great storage hardware, no question but the industry is moving towards commodity storage platforms defined by software. This does not play into HDS's strengths so it remains to be seen if HDS can adapt.
Great Big Data Experience
Engagement Delivery Manager (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON6 October 2015
The Hitachi experience as a company is great. The big machine is poised for a great future. Leadership in the US have a great vision and the business itself is huge. BIG Data is the future.

The Canadian operation is not run well. Poor inexpereinced managemnt, and the leadership is not skilled in developing a business. Too many promises and not enough follow through. This will be the downfall, as customer service is poorly satisfied.

A great place to get some BIG Data experience, but not a place to stay for the long haul.
Pros
Great Storage Equipment
Cons
Inexperienced Canadian Management
A reltively good workplace.
North Africa Business Development Manager (Former Employee) –  Egypt9 September 2015
It provided a good working environment, but the diversity in the job description is a little bit unspecific, which could make a manager not very focused on issues that he/she needs to develop.
Dynamic company with opportunity for growth
Consultant (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON22 May 2015
Great people to work with, young active culture. Going through a transition period causing it to be a little rough. Once the transition period is finished and the company settles into it's new role things should be better
Best place for freshies
Developer (Former Employee) –  Malaysia29 March 2015
Poor Management for both Project Management and HR. No work life balance. For fresh graduates, this place have got a lot experience to offer.
Pros
Free Lunches, Good allowance
environnement de travail stimulant
Strategic Technical Consultant (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QC17 September 2014
le groupe GSS de Montreal QC est une équipe souder avec lequel il est plaisant de livrer les projets
Pros
collaborateurs
Laid Back work environment
Technical Writer (Former Employee) –  Guelph, ON2 September 2014
Was a good company to work for. Deadlines were not to intense lots of engineering knowledge
Good place for new immigrants
Business Intelligence Consultant (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON4 August 2014
My experience was good: fun place to work at; good management
With conducive working environment
A. Financial Analyst (Current Employee) –  Philippines15 July 2014
A successful business often depends on the people you work with, and having a good attitude plays an important role in ensuring you are able to work well with others. The company offers such kind of environment. Another thing that I like is that the company offers trainings which helps me become more productive in your work.
Pros
Free transporation benefits and other health benefits
Loving this place specially because of its work environment