Hitachi Employee Reviews

 A result oriented Sales & Marketing Professional having 14+ years of work experience in the consumer durable and Automobile Industry with Japanese l
Manager - (Branch Manager-Delhi) (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON11 September 2016
Start with team meeting, planning than execution.
Every day is a good learning.
Good management, giving opportunity to perform with better way.
Co-workers are cooperative.
High curiosity is a hardest part.
More challenge is enjoyable part.
interesting workplace
Supplier Planner (Former Employee) –  Guelph, ON24 June 2016
It was an interesting place to work due to the products we sold. The mining industry has been very shaky the last few years which made many of the positions unstable.. Our company went from 3 shifts when I started to two and then one. There has been major down sizing the last few years. We were given a one time opportunity to accept a buyout this past April, or stay and take our chances on keeping out job.

I took the buy out and although not technically employed at the moment, I am on payroll with all benefits for several months.
Golfing, BBQ, and celebrations like a New Year
Welder (Former Employee) –  Saskatoon, SK19 October 2016
I love my work. I work hard. In this company I owrked 76 hours in a week. I learn really fast in any jobs. Love to travel, and spend my time with my family.
Excellent company culture
Welder (Former Employee) –  Saskatoon, SK27 April 2016
This is one of the best places that I have worked. They care about their employees, and go above and beyond in all aspects of the workplace. Safe, clean, well maintained. It took me a couple of weeks to get used to the stretches in the morning, but they foster a team dynamic, and also reduce workplace injuries from strains and sprains. HCI was (at the time) one of the only shops in Sask that actively participated in the journeymans program.
Pros
Clean, well maintained shop, Good managers
Cons
Repetitive work can be mind numbing at times
Company closing
Welder (Current Employee) –  Saskatoon, SK12 August 2016
Shutting down Saskatoon plant. Management kept everyone in the dark until they told us they are closing. Will be out of work mid September
Pros
Decant pay
Cons
Shift work
Relaxed and professional
Consultant (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB8 March 2016
The best work environment! Friendly co-workers in a relaxed environment that allowed us to focus on what is important: Provide great customer service.
Pros
Breakfast options were available every day, and beer too if you wanted.
Cons
Noisy open space.
Great Big Data Experience
Engagement Delivery Manager (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON6 October 2015
The Hitachi experience as a company is great. The big machine is poised for a great future. Leadership in the US have a great vision and the business itself is huge. BIG Data is the future.

The Canadian operation is not run well. Poor inexpereinced managemnt, and the leadership is not skilled in developing a business. Too many promises and not enough follow through. This will be the downfall, as customer service is poorly satisfied.

A great place to get some BIG Data experience, but not a place to stay for the long haul.
Pros
Great Storage Equipment
Cons
Inexperienced Canadian Management
Good Technology but is it Future Proof?
Solutions Consultant (Former Employee) –  Montreal22 October 2015
Hitachi has always made great storage hardware, no question but the industry is moving towards commodity storage platforms defined by software. This does not play into HDS's strengths so it remains to be seen if HDS can adapt.
Rapidly shrinking
National Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  Scarborough, ON2 November 2015
Great company, but only sells one product and demand is diminishing. Broadcast industry in Canada is suffering meaning Hitachi is suffering.
Pros
Free coffee
Cons
poor management
A reltively good workplace.
North Africa Business Development Manager (Former Employee) –  Egypt9 September 2015
It provided a good working environment, but the diversity in the job description is a little bit unspecific, which could make a manager not very focused on issues that he/she needs to develop.
I was allowed to do creative things that were enjoyable
Business dvelopment manager (Former Employee) –  Saskatoon, SK3 June 2014
enjoyable
constant learning
analysis
constant business challenges
high level selling

fun using my selling skills

most enjoyable
people contact in oil /gas energy markets

dislike
the money that I earned did not reflect the kind of volume of new business that I constantly brought in
and they did not have a marketing department that understood the complexities of new business and how to treat new customers concerns
HDS
Responsable Canadien, Channel Marketing (Former Employee) –  Montreal, qc11 January 2013
HDS is a good company to work for because of its wealth ( selling hard drives is extremely profitable) but they are at a crossroads when it comes to defining themselves. They have always had great products for enterprise customers but their recent attempt to penetrate the smb market deeper ( acquisition of bluearc) is not very successful due to lack of brand recognition in that market.
Pros
perks are great ( trips, bonuses, etc...)
Cons
company trying to redefine themselves with all the instability that entails.
Very good engineering experience
Project Coordinator Engineer (Former Employee) –  Saskatoon, SK3 June 2013
Hitachi is an excellent place to work and do business. The projects that I was able to work on showcased the magnitude, and the detail the company was capable of. The only downside to working for Hitachi was simply the job security, at my time there I had seen many people come in, and many people leave. The companies billing rate is quite high because the level of detail given is a premium service. Because not many companies need the detail that Hitachi can give, they were not busy enough to keep on all staff.
Pros
Good work environment with a strong push on safety
Cons
Job security
With conducive working environment
A. Financial Analyst (Current Employee) –  Philippines15 July 2014
A successful business often depends on the people you work with, and having a good attitude plays an important role in ensuring you are able to work well with others. The company offers such kind of environment. Another thing that I like is that the company offers trainings which helps me become more productive in your work.
Pros
Free transporation benefits and other health benefits
Cons
Excellent retention programs, respect, dignity good people to work with.
Maintenence Millwright / Master tradesman (Former Employee) –  Saskatoon, SK24 October 2013
Their pay may be 20% below par but Your work is respected and valued as long as you do your job.

If there are temporary layoffs they often top up pay to full in order to keep valued employees.
Pros
Supervisors treat workers with respect.
Cons
Forced to use Vacation days for Christmas shutdown if not working
its fun and interesting by doing team work.
Electrical Equipment and Machine Assembler (Current Employee) –  JPE23 November 2013
everyday we have a morning meeting lead by our Sub-leader discussing the rules and jobs of each member. After that we have a 5 mins. exercise and then we will listen to our leader's report about the current situation of the japan and the company especially the accident topics.
Pros
free dormitory
Cons
study Japanese Laguage
very good company
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  HITACHI PHILIPPINES/SPIL CHUNGHUA TAIWAN13 May 2012
7/7 2 weeks night shift 2 weeks dayshift,i learned a lot of thing in this company i know how to communicate in some kind of people in my work area specially friendship, the management very fair in all emplyee, the hardest part is when everyday overtime buts it ok i know its our responsibility in my work,
Pros
free lunch / yearly bunos
Cons
evertyday overtime
A Great Company to work for in boom times
Mechanical Engineering Technologist (Former Employee) –  Saskatoon, SK26 April 2012
I really enjoyed my year and a half there, I joined during a boom in 2007 with all shops busy, but within 8-9 months the writing was on the wall that unless new contracts came in there would be layoffs or work sharing.
Pros
good support from the parent company in japan
Cons
overly fussy during annual reviews
Dynamic company with opportunity for growth
Consultant (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON22 May 2015
Great people to work with, young active culture. Going through a transition period causing it to be a little rough. Once the transition period is finished and the company settles into it's new role things should be better
Good environment for manufacturing
Quality Technologist (Former Employee) –  Saskatoon, SK27 February 2014
I enjoyed working here and learned a lot from the management. They treat their employees well, and have a good model for improvement initiatives.
Pros
Good Authority/Responsibility model
Cons
Manufacturing doesn't have the money that operations does